princess

Kate Moss

Kate Moss's Cocaine Flap Roils Designers at London Fashion Week Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Kate Moss was the star of London Fashion Week and the waif-like model was nowhere near a catwalk. Moss dominated conversation among the 170 designers featured at London's biggest fashion show. The model was dropped by four apparel companies after the Mirror newspaper published pictures showing her using cocaine. Organizers complained that publicity surrounding Moss kept the 4,500 buyers at the show from paying attention to the new designs. ``It has detracted from a lot of creativity on the catwalk,'' Rachel Brettler, a spokeswoman for the British Fashion Council, which stages London Fashion Week, said in a telephone interview. The council represents designers with 750 million pounds ($1.34 billion) in annual sales. The show, based in two double-decker white tents in the grounds of the Natural History Museum in south Kensington, combined productions by well-known brands such as Paul Smith with those of 35 young designers, straight out of college and looking for lucrative contracts with high-street clothing stores. Burberry Group Plc, based in London, Paris-based Chanel SA and Swedish retailer Hennes & Mauritz AB dropped Moss from their campaigns because of the photographs. Moss's contract with Rimmel, a cosmetics brand owned by closely held Coty Inc., is ``under review,'' the company said yesterday. London's biggest newspaper, The Evening Standard, used its front page to expose cocaine use behind the scenes at the fashion show's parties. ``London Fashion Week has been dominated by Kate Moss,'' freelance fashion writer Karen Clarkson said in an interview broadcast on Sky News. ``There's been little coverage about the fashion itself. It's all been Kate Moss.'' Smaller Than Paris ``I take full responsibility for my actions,'' Moss said in a statement late yesterday. ``I also accept that there are various personal issues that I need to address and have started taking the difficult, yet necessary, steps to resolve them. I want to apologize to all of the people I have let down because of my behavior which has reflected badly on my family, friends, co- workers, business associates and others. '' The U.K. clothing industry produced 4 billion pounds ($7.2 billion) of goods in 2004, according to the London-based British Fashion Council, the industry's governing body. London's fashion show, lacking names such as Gucci, Chanel and Calvin Klein, contrasts with that of New York, where 100,000 guests see the work of 180 designers. The U.K. capital's event is perceived as a smaller, quirkier version of big-budget, haute- couture rivals in Paris and Milan, said London Fashion Week Chief Executive John Wilson. McQueen, McCartney ``There's a unique relationship between designers and the high street in the U.K. Stores like Debenhams and Marks and Spencer's invite designers to produce collections for them,'' he said in a telephone interview. ``That does not happen in any other country. And there is a growing appetite among British consumers for good, affordable design.'' Among past stars of London Fashion Week are Alexander McQueen, former design chief at Givenchy, Matthew Williamson and Julien MacDonald. The three were all once sponsored by a London project to help young designers put on catwalk shows. ``British designers just need more money,'' Jones said. ``And if the Alexander McQueens and Stella McCartneys were to come back from Paris and show in London, that would bring the big money over here.'' ``People come here to look for the next hot thing,'' Richard Nicoll, a designer who has worked as a freelancer for Louis Vuitton since leaving Central St. Martins College three years ago. ``It's not going to happen in New York or Paris. Young designers there are not taking risks'' `Waif' Look Elizabeth Hurley, Joan Collins and Mariah Carey attended London Fashion Week events, according to the Evening Standard. Yesterday was the last day of catwalk shows at the Fashion Week. ``There were a lot more celebrities around than normal, if that is a measure of the profile of the event,'' Dolly Jones, London-based editor of Vogue.com, said in a telephone interview. ``I think any celebrity scandal would have grabbed the front pages. I don't think because it was Kate Moss it took attention away from the designers this week.'' Moss, 31, has appeared on the front pages of British newspapers since the Mirror published the photographs and allegations Sept. 15, prompting debate about her work contracts and relationship with musician Pete Doherty, a self-confessed crack cocaine and heroin user. ``Kate Moss is an icon, she's a fashion star. She's living her life like everyone else,'' Welsh designer MacDonald said in an interview with ITV News. ``She's not doing anything different than your next-door neighbor does.'' Babyshambles Best-known for her work for Calvin Klein, Moss was first spotted as a teenager by the founder of the Storm model agency while walking through John F. Kennedy airport in New York. The model's waif look and boyfriends including actor Johnny Depp brought her worldwide fame. She has an estimated fortune of 30 million pounds, according to the Observer newspaper. Her relationship with Doherty, a singer with the band Babyshambles and formerly of The Libertines, this year caught the attention of the tabloid press after the musician's arrests on at least two occasions and admissions of drug use. Moss is a ``tremendous champion of British fashion,'' Wilson said in an interview with Channel Four news. ``We wish her very well. Fashion companies have to take their own decision on this.''

Why is the fashion industry being so two-face. Majority of models use coke, it's a appetitie suppressor it keeps the models lean, even Dontella Versace was in rehab for coke use. HYPOCRISY!

As long as there are people in this world who actually believe models etc. achieve their figure by working out, eating properly, or having/being on a strict diet, not only the fashion industry wants to suppress the fact that models etc. have that slim figure due to coke use.There are, I hope, not many people who are ready to take coke just to be slim and they might not care about fashion or what's new if they'd have to do/take what models do/take. People might lose "faith" in gyms and diet products ... and there's lots of money in this business.My above statements are not to be taken as an excuse for the hypocrisy.

Sadie Frost Defends Kate Moss Frost has recently divorced Jude Law By: Mihaela Stroia, Entertainment Editor Katie Moss’s best friend, actress Sadie Frost, declared she’s convinced with the fact that Kate will return to the catwalk soon, because she’s strong enough to overcome the drug allegations that surround her.Frost, 35, probably best known for her six-year marriage to British actor Jude Law, said Moss is a fashion icon and the British fashion industry will remember the hard work she has put in to raise its profile.Frost says: "She will bounce back from this. People should remember what she has done for the British fashion industry. She's an icon and has helped put the British fashion industry on the map.Kate may have been having some personal problems but she has always been extremely professional and she is a fantastic mother.Whatever she is going through now, I'm certain she will bounce back from this."After she was photographed by Daily Mirror journalists snorting a line of cocaine, Kate lost her advertising contracts with Swedish-based fashion house Hennes and Mauritz (H&M), Burberry and Chanel.

Pete Doherty Broke Pete Doherty is in £300,000 debt

By: Mihaela Stroia, Entertainment Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocker Pete Doherty walked out from a restaurant without paying his dinner, claiming he was broke.

Doherty, 26, the frontman of Babyshambles who has recently split from supermodel Kate Moss, dined on Monday at the Tebay Service Station of the M6 motorway in Cumbria, England. After having finished eating, the singer walked out from the restaurant to the buss station, without paying.

When one of the managers went after him, Doherty said he has no money, arguing he's in £300,000 debt .

Tebay storeman Simon Hall says: "Instead of walking through the till area, he went round to the back of the smoking (dining) area. He walked out and off to the bus without paying.

One of our manager called him back. Doherty said he was in all this debt. £300,000 (€443,000) and they should let him off because he's famous."

Doherty's spokesman says: "He had some food and didn't have any money on him. That's why someone had to go back to the bus. The meal came to £6.99 (€10.50). The person came back and only have a fiver. They've only just gone on the road. Usually there's someone around to dish out the money. I'm not aware if Pete said anything about being in debt or about Kate."

Hall's co-worker Ryan McKenzie confessed to British newspaper the Daily Star that Doherty told him at one point that one of the reasons he's dating Kate Moss is because she's a millionaire: "I'm 300 grand in debt. Why do you think I'm going out with Kate Moss?"

Kates gonna be broke too since she lost all her jobs....Im sure she has money but w/ no jobs and a huge coke habit her money will fly fast and if she stays w/ this guy its a sure thing....

Jennifer Love Hewiit Believes H&M Have Done Moss a Favour

Kate Moss’s situation has become one of the most important topics in showbiz.

By: Entertainment News Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kate Moss has got all the support from fans and family after the drug-taking allegations and her publicly announced decision of dumping Pete Doherty and going to rehab for the sake of her little daughter.

Hollywood actress Jennifer Love Hewitt thinks that the H&M bosses have done Kate Moss "a favor" by dumping her as the company's spokesmodel.

Moss lost her $1.8 million (GBP1 million) contract with H&M on September 20 September 20, fashion giant Chanel announced yesterday (21 September 05), that the company has "no plan" to renew her contract when it ends next month, and Burberry is said to have ditched her as well.

And I Know What You Did Last Summer star Hewitt is convinced the action will prompt Moss to get help.

"I have to say that I think maybe they did her a favor, and maybe she'll actually get help. Coffee's one thing, but coke is another. It's not something you want to really have as a problem in your life. I think we have to kind of stop rewarding bad behavior and actually start helping people", Hewitt said.

"You know when you're out in public that there are gonna be people who watching you, so you should just try to act like somebody that you would wanna be proud of if they got a photo of you. Not that you should always feel like you're always working, but it goes with the job, I think", the actress added.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1796152,00.html

Moss bounces back with new ad deal

Maurice Chittenden

JUST days after she was dumped by leading fashion labels, it has emerged

that Kate Moss, who had been secretly photographed taking cocaine, is to

make her modelling comeback in a £3m cosmetics campaign.

Last week Moss issued a public apology for her hard- partying lifestyle and

promised to seek help.

Fashion industry sources have disclosed, however, that her return has

already been arranged in a television and cinema campaign for Rimmel, the

cosmetics manufacturer, shot just days before the scandal broke.

In the video, due to be screened early next year, Moss is her old self. She

is shown drinking and partying all night and then dabbing a new foundation -

called Recovery - on her face in a taxi before arriving at work looking

beautiful and fresh despite her lack of sleep.

Fashion industry insiders say that Rimmel is reluctant to write off its

entire campaign by ditching Moss now. The company is one of the few labels

to keep faith with her after she was dumped by Chanel, H & M, Burberry, H

Stern, the jeweller, and Roberto Cavalli, the Italian designer.

Sources in the advertising world say that Rimmel brokered last week's deal

in which Moss issued her apology and in return received the company's

support. She may seek treatment at a rehabilitation centre such as The

Priory, the clinic in southwest London which is popular with celebrities.

An insider said: "Rimmel wants Kate to disappear into The Priory, come out

all-clear and be a beautiful model again."

The company will be hoping that Moss makes a swift recovery, given its

substantial investment. Two commercials, each costing £250,000, have already

been filmed for Rimmel's new year campaign. A third, also starring Moss, is

due to be filmed in a few weeks' time.

The most recent commercial, shot in central London, was completed just a

week before the cocaine pictures emerged.

Rimmel first signed Moss in 2001 in a deal worth £1m a year after she

declared that she had been using its products since she was a schoolgirl.

The company has already booked cinema and television slots for the

advertisements in February at an estimated cost of £2m.

A spokeswoman for Coty Beauty, which owns Rimmel, said: "We are pleased to

acknowledge the statement released by Kate apologising for her recent

actions."

It was only a matter of time, and now, that time has arrived. Some blokes in the U.K. have released this rather colorful design for their Free Cocaine Kate t-shirts.

Unlike them, who are donating part of their proceeds to drug and counseling service Turning Point, all of the proceeds from the sale of our Team Kenny and Team Renne t-shirts will go directly to feeding Nicole Richie.

Posted Image

I don't see the picture ;(

The pic is from PerezHilton so I guess I could not copy it....... :(

Some places make it impossible to hotlink (linking directly from the site). You can save it and upload it to www.imageshack.us then fix the link. Plus I'll go take a lookie loo :)

PETE DOHERTY was at the centre of a police search for a 15-year-old girl on Friday night (23SEP05), when the young fan failed to return home from a BABYSHAMBLES gig and was found partying on the rockers' tour bus. The unnamed girl's parents reported her and her 18-year-old friend missing when she stayed out following the Babyshambles concert in Dundee, Scotland. Police found the pair 177 kilometres (110 miles) away after ordering the band's tour bus driver to drop them off at a motorway service station in Lanarkshire, Scotland. Babyshambles were travelling to Sheffield, England, for the next night of their British tour. A police spokeswoman says, "Police contacted the bus and the girl along with an 18-year-old woman were both dropped off at Abington services." The bus driver tells British newspaper The People, "They told us they were 18 and they looked it, they were just coming for the ride, there was nothing untoward about them being on the bus." (RO/WNSPE/GES)

DOHERTY STILL PLANS ON A 2005 WEDDING TO MOSS Also see: PETE DOHERTYKATE MOSSBABYSHAMBLES Troubled British rocker PETE DOHERTY insists he's still on course to marry his on/off girlfriend KATE MOSS this year (05), despite the recent furore surrounding the publication of pictures of her allegedly taking cocaine.The BABYSHAMBLES frontman, who is fighting his own well-publicised battle with drug addiction, is determined to wed with his supermodel lover no matter the amount of negative press they might receive.He says, "We are madly in love with each other and can't stand to be apart."We are still planning to get married later this year - a small ceremony with close family and friends. Nobody can split us up." 25/09/2005 21:25

GRANDPARENTS AFRAID FOR MOSS' DAUGHTER The grandparents of KATE MOSS' daughter fear for their grandchild's welfare after the supermodel was photographed allegedly taking cocaine in a British newspaper earlier this month (SEP05).Following a week and a half of frenzied tabloid gossip about Moss' party-loving private life, the parents of her former lover JEFFERSON HACK are concerned about the well-being of two-year-old LILA GRACE.Grandfather DOUGLAS HACK says, "Our main worry now is for our granddaughter and that she is being well looked after and is happy."But Moss' ex Jefferson has defended the beauty and insists his daughter is safe in her mother's care. He has also dismissed reports he plans to launch a custody battle for Lila Grace.Publisher Jefferson says, "Kate has been hung out to dry."People do not realise what a caring and loving mother she is to our daughter." 25/09/2005 14:54

you mean the Nanny takes excellent care of her... Wasn't there a blind vice about a model that would drag their toddler out of bed at all hours of the night to show them off to friends??? I bet it was Kate..

(IMDB.COM)Moss Loses Another ContractSupermodel Kate Moss has lost another modeling contract over her recent drug scandal, as jewelers H Stern cancelled their current 60th anniversary campaign on Friday. The 31-year-old has already lost contracts with H&M, Burberry and Chanel after photographs of her allegedly snorting cocaine were published in a British newspaper earlier this month. Moss' $1.8 million agreement with cosmetic house Rimmel London is currently under "review". A representative for the jewelers firm says, "H Stern strongly condemns any type of drug use and abides by a long standing policy of zero policy of any substance abuse." The British beauty made a public statement last Thursday, taking "full responsibility" for her actions.

(MSNBC.COM)Naomi Campbell defends Kate Moss‘Everybody is being bad to her’ about cocaine claims, says supermodelJeff Christensen / APUpdated: 11:09 a.m. ET Sept. 26, 2005BOGOTA, Colombia - Naomi Campbell has spoken out in support of Kate Moss, who has lost three modeling contracts and is being investigated by London police on allegations that she used cocaine.“Kate Moss is my friend ... I think it’s like everybody is being bad to her,” the 35-year-old supermodel told a news conference Sunday in the Colombian capital where she was judging a modeling competition.“It’s not the first time it has happened in the world ... it’s really like a vendetta,” said Campbell, who has said that she nearly self-destructed from her use of cocaine.Pictures published in a British tabloid appeared to show Moss using cocaine. Moss, 31, issued a statement last week apologizing to “all the people I have let down.”“I take full responsibility for my actions,” she said. Her statement stopped short of specifying whether she had used cocaine.Meanwhile, the modeling agency in London that represents Moss said it would support her in the face of the allegations.“I feel compelled to speak out in defense of Kate Moss following recent days of speculation and, in many cases, ill-informed and inaccurate stories,” Sarah Doukas, director of the Storm agency, said in a statement Sunday.“I know Kate, and I have represented her for the last 18 years. Over this time she has consistently demonstrated herself to be a professional and exceptional model and a loyal, special and dear friend to me and countless others,” Doukas said.Campbell said it was wrong to blame the modeling industry for drug abuse and eating disorders among young women.She agreed to take part in a program run by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in Colombia to raise awareness about human trafficking.Campbell said she wanted to help in “providing a safe environment for models and preventing exploitation of human beings.”More than a dozen Colombian models from the Elite modeling agency recently attended a U.N. course in Bogota on how to spread the message about the risks of being lured abroad and sexually exploited.Colombian police estimate that up to 50,000 Colombians, including many underage girls and boys, have been forced into prostitution, mainly in Japan, Spain and Holland.

(Femalefirst.co.uk)Kate Moss saves Rimmel contractKate Moss has saved her £3million deal with Rimmel - reportedly on the condition she checks into rehab.Cosmetics bosses decided to keep on the shamed supermodel after her public apology following her cocaine exposé, which led to her being dropped by top fashion houses Chanel, Burberry, Roberto Cavalli and H&M. .However, insiders claim the company wants her to seek treatment at The Priory clinic, where Kate has spent time before. . A source revealed: "Rimmel wants Kate to disappear into The Priory, come out all-clear and be a beautiful model again" .Ironically, the new Rimmel ads will show the catwalk queen partying all night before applying their new foundation - called Recovery - in a taxi and arriving at work looking fresh and stunning. .Kate filmed two adverts shortly before photos of her snorting cocaine were published, and she is due to shoot a third commercial in a few weeks' time. .A Rimmel spokesperson said: "We are pleased to acknowledge the statement released by Kate apologising for her recent actions"

I have never used Rimmel cosmetics so they are not missing my bucks.But those of us who have to do the drug tests before working with a company or the random drug test know that any Joe Blow would have not been given that many chances, and I believe in second chances but this girl needs to grow the F@*k up!!!!

Edited by queenie

(Thebosh.com)Help Wanted: Waif Icon: Must Be Drug Free By Scott Rose Speaking out in a TV interview, the great French actress Catherine Deneuve has defended Kate Moss. "A model's private life is nobody else's business. She is one of the best models I've every seen. If she ruins her private life, that concerns nobody else." Meanwhile, not a peep out of Johnny Depp, who when dating Moss in the '90s, erased his tattoo of the name of his previous girlfriend Winona Ryder. Bosh readers will recall that although some authority figures were horrified out of their gourds by Moss's starving waif look, a nude portrait of the model by Lucien Freud sold for 3.9 million pounds. I point out the stunning hypocrisy of the fashion industry; whereas Calvin Klein raked it in with a Moss-centered, much-ballyhooed, ecstatically-received publicity campaign titled "Heroin Kids," one little photo of Kate snorting cocaine and tout le monde in la moda from NYC to Paris and Milan acts dumbstruck that a waif supermodel would even consider going within a manicured fingernail's distance of a drug. (By Scott Rose)

(Contactmusic.com)

DOHERTY STILL PLANS ON A 2005 WEDDING TO MOSS

Troubled British rocker PETE DOHERTY insists he's still on course to marry his on/off girlfriend KATE MOSS this year (05), despite the recent furore surrounding the publication of pictures of her allegedly taking cocaine.

The BABYSHAMBLES frontman, who is fighting his own well-publicised battle with drug addiction, is determined to wed with his supermodel lover no matter the amount of negative press they might receive.

He says, "We are madly in love with each other and can't stand to be apart.

"We are still planning to get married later this year - a small ceremony with close family and friends. Nobody can split us up."

25/09/2005 21:25

Duuuuuuude....I am soooo there...y'all know that's gonna be the biggest party on the planet! :rolleyes:

Moss 'to go into rehab'

By Aidan Radnedge, Metro

26 September 2005

Kate Moss will go into drug rehab today following claims she indulged in a marathon cocaine session, sources revealed last night. The supermodel is presently out of the country and will stay abroad to have the treatment, they added.

The 31-year-old's career has been in freefall since a newspaper published pictures of her apparently snorting lines of coke in a London recording studio with lover Pete Doherty. More allegations of drug-fuelled lesbian sex and wild parties at her Gloucestershire mansion followed.

Moss has already lost lucrative contracts with H&M, Burberry and Chanel since the scandal broke 11 days ago.

A multi-million-pound contract with Rimmel still hangs in the balance as the cosmetics giant considers its position. The model, who has a two-year-old daughter Lila Grace, could face a social services investigation by Westminster Council. Scotland Yard is also looking into the drug allegations.

Moss released a statement last week, apologising to all the people she had 'let down'. She said she took 'full responsibility' for her actions and was taking steps to address her 'personal issues'.

Stewart saddened by Moss drug scandal

Tuesday Sep 27 11:06 AEST

Kimberley Stewart said she hoped photographs of Moss apparently snorting cocaine, which may ruin the model's career, would highlight the issue of drugs in the fashion industry.

"I am such a big fan of hers (Moss) that it really makes me sad and I think that it is just a bummer that it happened," Stewart said.

"But I think it will probably awaken a lot of people in the fashion business to what they shouldn't be doing."

Stewart, 26, flew into Melbourne at the weekend to promote Antz Pantz underwear and admitted drugs were a problem in the fashion industry.

"I think it is (prevalent) and I think that hopefully this will change it."

Stewart and hotel heiress Nicky Hilton will spend the next three days promoting Antz Pantz and judging modelling competitions at shopping centres in Melbourne, Sydney and the Gold Coast.

Hilton also expressed sympathy for Moss.

"It is kind of a bummer but it is her problem and I don't really feel at liberty to discuss someone's personal life," she said.

Asked if drugs were an issue in the industry, the young woman who is famous for being famous, said she stayed away from them.

"I don't do them (drugs)," Hilton, sister of Paris, said.

:mellow: Kim probably has a huge stash of blow in her Hello Kitty coin purse. :mellow:

what makes me sick is the hypocrisy of hollwood and the entertainment industry... they all do it... kate's mistake is that she got caught... it is cool to do drugs but being known as a junkie, druggie, cokehead, pill popper, crackhead, tweaker etc is not cool.... it is the double standards of druggie/celeb life... sort of like the " don't ask don't tell" with the military....