annabeast

Biggest Loser - Families

Great season!! I can't get over how good Danny and Rudy looked. I was a bit scared there for awhile that Tracey would win that home prize, especially since she looked pretty awful. This show certainly demonstrates that having a little meat on your bones makes your face look better. Rebecca looks great but she shouldn't lose any more weight.

And we saw Darrell and Andrea in the previews! Andrea was the girl screaming in the last shot in the trailer :4biggrin:

Ahh...now we know who to watch/root for come January, annabeast :) I was actually paying extra close attention to the preview to see if there was a dead giveaway of a father/daughter pair next season.

I honestly can't be too rough on Tracey for her appearance last night. Her make up (or rather, lack thereof) did her absolutely no favors under the bright lights. It's almost like they tried to make her look pale, washed out, and sickly.

Rebecca should not only not lose any more weight but she should ditch the blonde hair. Yuck!

Ahh...now we know who to watch/root for come January, annabeast :) I was actually paying extra close attention to the preview to see if there was a dead giveaway of a father/daughter pair next season.

I honestly can't be too rough on Tracey for her appearance last night. Her make up (or rather, lack thereof) did her absolutely no favors under the bright lights. It's almost like they tried to make her look pale, washed out, and sickly.

Rebecca should not only not lose any more weight but she should ditch the blonde hair. Yuck!

Thanks Maxiemom! I'll reveal scoopage as I hear it.

I just checked Andrea's facebook... holy cow! Definitely not a secret, and she's still there! If you see the previews, they are the black team.

Edited by annabeast

Although it isn't the greatest measure of a day count, as producers probably control the contestants communication, but.... Andrea did not start posting on Facebook until last Friday, and then only generic responses to people's well wishes. I'll ask my in-laws if they heard anything else or if they have seen pictures. (They are in Michigan, we are in Cali)

Go black-shirt team!

Way cool!!! I had read somewhere that the final four from this past season had 3 or 4 months at home before the finale. If that time line holds true and she is in fact at home, I'm guessing that Andrea came pretty close to hitting the final 4.

You'll have to let us know if she is in the makeover episode. :)

Way cool!!! I had read somewhere that the final four from this past season had 3 or 4 months at home before the finale. If that time line holds true and she is in fact at home, I'm guessing that Andrea came pretty close to hitting the final 4.

You'll have to let us know if she is in the makeover episode. :)

Okay, weird posts on Facebook. People kept congratulating her on rocking "the challenge" this weekend. Other posts indicate she's still in it, although I know she is in Michigan. Could it be they sent them home for Christmas, only to return??? No pictures posted.

Way cool!!! I had read somewhere that the final four from this past season had 3 or 4 months at home before the finale. If that time line holds true and she is in fact at home, I'm guessing that Andrea came pretty close to hitting the final 4.You'll have to let us know if she is in the makeover episode. :)

Okay, weird posts on Facebook. People kept congratulating her on rocking "the challenge" this weekend. Other posts indicate she's still in it, although I know she is in Michigan. Could it be they sent them home for Christmas, only to return??? No pictures posted.
Now that I think about it, they did the "indoor half marathon" challenge last Spring while everyone was home for Christmas break and then flew everyone back to the ranch for weigh ins, etc. IIRC, they also had Tara doing some blatantly bad product placements for Extra gum and Jennie-O turkey during that episode too.I so, so hope that Andrea has been spared the embarrassment of channeling her inner Billy Mays.

Maxiemom, you are awesome. I always roll my eyes at the blatant product placement ads in the show, but you actually remember the products! (I just remember gum. Oh, and Britta water). I wonder if their contracts allow them an extra stipend for participating in these?

Maxiemom, you are awesome. I always roll my eyes at the blatant product placement ads in the show, but you actually remember the products! (I just remember gum. Oh, and Britta water). I wonder if their contracts allow them an extra stipend for participating in these?

See, annabeast....THAT'S the inside scoop we're all dying to know ;)

I'll see what I can find out, Maxie.

I got the story on the "challenge," which I'll keep to myself for a very good reason.... she's flying back to California on Sunday. Woo hoo!

Andrea 14 pounds, Darrell 30!! Loved the way Darrell looked James right in the eye when he had to vote for him. These are great people, you guys are going to love them.

I've gotta admit, annabeast....I was very impressed with Darrell's vote as it was the first in a long, long time that was honest/to the point and not filled with the usual BS. Both Darrell and Andrea seem like very stand up, salt of the earth type people.

I'll be curious to hear your take on how accurately they are both portrayed as the season progresses and gamesmanship/editing become a bigger part of the show.

Anna - my family does not miss the show. When I told everyone that my friend on chitchat's family wsa the black team - they are all excited!! We are totally rooting for them.

I want to know why this season is different than others with the first weigh. The numbers were crazy. Especially for those women who fall within the normal range of Biggest Loser contestants. Did they all water weight up before they set their first "weight"? 8% of weight loss in a week? Something is fishy about that....

I've gotta admit, annabeast....I was very impressed with Darrell's vote as it was the first in a long, long time that was honest/to the point and not filled with the usual BS. Both Darrell and Andrea seem like very stand up, salt of the earth type people.

I'll be curious to hear your take on how accurately they are both portrayed as the season progresses and gamesmanship/editing become a bigger part of the show.

Oh, I'm sure I'll have lots of opinions on how they are portrayed. Last night was remarkable in the LACK of time spent with them. We concluded that it is because they don't have sob stories. They both lead full and active lives: Andrea's Facebook is PACKED with well wishes, and photos from her life that include camping trips, outings with girlfriends, pictures with the softball team she coaches. That doesn't play well for the beginning of The Biggest Loser.

Anna - my family does not miss the show. When I told everyone that my friend on chitchat's family wsa the black team - they are all excited!! We are totally rooting for them.

I want to know why this season is different than others with the first weigh. The numbers were crazy. Especially for those women who fall within the normal range of Biggest Loser contestants. Did they all water weight up before they set their first "weight"? 8% of weight loss in a week? Something is fishy about that....

Hi Branchop, THANKS! I'm so excited for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bulked up before coming to the ranch. Wouldn't you? I also don't know how much actual time passed between the weigh in and trip to California.

Of course my favorite now are my relatives, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Blue Team come back. The daughter was gorgeous, it will be fun to see her emerge.

Under the radar is good, especially at the outset. I'm hard pressed to think of a personality other than Tara's from last Spring that emerged both early and for good (meaning non crazy, psycho, over the top dramatic, etc...).

The Red Team girl is so reminiscent of Tracy from last season. I HATE people who lie and then get indignant when you call them out on it.

I can't wait to get the "real dirt" on Melissa and Lance once the season is over. It's too bad the Grey Team didn't use their swap power on those two as she surely would have been sent packing.

The Red Team girl is so reminiscent of Tracy from last season. I HATE people who lie and then get indignant when you call them out on it.

I can't wait to get the "real dirt" on Melissa and Lance once the season is over. It's too bad the Grey Team didn't use their swap power on those two as she surely would have been sent packing.

As for the white team, it didn't matter who the grey team picked to weigh in... I think she only lost four pounds, so they would have been below the yellow line anyway.

ugg ...... freaking red team ........

I know, that woman is horrible. And I gotta tell you, I love Darrell and Andrea, but I'm feeling the gray team too. They are two pretty exceptional guys.