Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Conan The Remake

Jason Momoa To Play Conan

Posted 2 hrs ago by Josh Wigler in Dark Horse, News

The search for Conan is over, as "Stargate Atlantis" star Jason Momoa has been cast as Robert E. Howard's famous Cimmerian warrior.

Deadline Hollywood reports that the previously rumored Momoa is in negotiations to star as Conan in Marcus Nispel's upcoming reinvention of the classic fantasy hero. The news couldn't come soon enough given the fact that production on "Conan" is slated to begin on March 15 in Bulgaria.

By securing the role of Conan, Momoa beat out rival competitor Kellan Lutz, the "Twilight" actor that confirmed his status as a "Conan" contender just last week.

According to the report, Nispel was already sold on Momoa for the film's lead but the folks at Millennium Films, Lionsgate and rights holder Paradox Entertainment weren't as convinced. After shooting test footage with Momoa, however, Nispel was able to sway the film's backers, leading to the latest casting.

"Conan" isn't Momoa's only upcoming fantasy role. Aside from his science fiction work on "Stargate," the actor is slated to appear in HBO's upcoming series "Game of Thrones," based on the fantasy series written by George R. R. Martin.

Keep it locked into Splash Page for more "Conan" movie news as it develops.

I never thought much of Stargate atlantis. I thought the stories were bad and the acting worse except for guy who plays the overbearing engineer, David Hewlett. I have a feeling this remake will not get the same fan appeal the original did.

:vomit2: Give me a break!

Remake Conan The Barbarian, starring Arnold Schwartzenneger in HIS PRIME!!!! Written by Oliver Stone!!!?!! Music by Basil Poledouris!!!!! CoStarring Mako & James Earl Jones and the GLORIOUS Sandahl Bergman!?!?! -_-

I don't think so. :rolleyes: I will NEVER see this movie, not even when it comes on TV. :censored: