Sign in to follow this  
princess

Ewan McGregor

French Knight Ewan McGregor

Ewan McGregor and Jim Carrey have been knighted in France.

The two actors celebrated with a mock kiss as they received the country's National Order of Arts and Letters in Paris yesterday (01.02.10).

The award - created by the French government in May 1957 - was given in recognition of the actors' contributions to the film industry.

As the pair were presented with their honours, French Culture Minister Frederic Mitterrand told them: "I love you, Jim Carrey! I love you, Ewan McGregor!"

Other actors to have been made knights of the Order of Arts and Letters include Jude Law, George Clooney, Vanessa Paradis, Clint Eastwood and Roger Moore.

Carrey and McGregor - neither of whom are French nationals - are no strangers to kissing each other.

In their latest film, 'I Love you Philip Morris', Canadian actor Carrey plays an imprisoned con man who falls in love with his cellmate, Philip Morris, played by Scottish star McGregor.

The film has proved controversial in the US as it features an explicit gay sex scene between the two male characters.

Source femalefirst

Married Ewan McGregor cosies up to co-star as they walk arm in arm in Paris

10th February 2010

He's never been short of female fans, but Ewan McGregor appears to have found a close friend in his latest co-star.

McGregor, who has been married for 15 years, and French actress Mélanie Laurent turned heads as they strolled through a freezing Paris arm in arm last night.

The pair recently finished shooting upcoming movie Beginners together, and it appears their friendship is still going strong.

They had enjoyed a night out dining with friends at the French capital's luxury Hyatt hotel, before leaving to brave the cold winter night together.

McGregor married production designer Eve Mavrakis, who is also French, in 1995. The couple live in north London with their three daughters.

Laurent, 26, is best known for her critically acclaimed performance in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, released last year.

Beginners finished shooting in December and is currently in post-production.

In the new film, McGregor plays a man rocked by two shock announcements from his elderly father, played by Christopher Plummer, who reveals that he has terminal cancer and is gay.

McGregor rose to international fame in 1996 playing the role of Renton in the cult British film Trainspotting.

Pics At This LINK

Ewan McGregor's Alcohol Alarm

Ewan McGregor only misses alcohol when he's unhappy.

The actor - who gave up drinking in 2000 and embarked on a healthy lifestyle - has been teetotal for years, and admits he only ever feels the need for alcohol when he is upset or confused about something in his life.

He told Live magazine: "This November it'll be 10 years since I gave up, and I don't really miss it. Actually, occasionally I do. There are times when I think about it, but I always know that when I'm thinking about it there's something wrong.

"The problem isn't that I want a drink, it's that for me - as it is for a lot of other people - drink was a way to dull the pain of something else. For people who drink a lot it's a way of not dealing with emotions and feelings.

"I was just always somebody who liked to drink a lot. So now when I think about drinking I ask myself, 'OK, what is it?' It's not really that you're thirsty for a beer, because you haven't had a beer for years. It's often something else that's bothering me."

Ewan - who raises three daughters with his wife Eve Mavrakis - previously revealed he decided to overhaul his lifestyle once he became a father.

He said: "What kind of regret would I have had to tell my children or my wife that I was dying because of something I could have done something about? I didn't want to be that kind of man."

Source femalefirst

Mcgregor Re-Opens Connery Feud

EWAN MCGREGOR has reignited his feud with SIR SEAN CONNERY, insisting the former BOND star is wrong to call for Scotland to be given independence from the rest of Britain.

In 2008, MCGregor took aim at the veteran actor for supporting a proposed split between Scotland and the U.K., pointing out that Connery has actually lived in the Bahamas for the last three decades.

MCGregor later apologised for his remarks, insisting he too shouldn't "dare" to hand out advice to his former countrymen as he also no longer resides in Scotland.

But the Moulin Rouge! star has risked controversy again by revisiting his comments, and branding his fellow Scots "anti-English."

He tells Britain's Live magazine, "I once got involved in (the independence debate) by accident by being flippant at a press conference in Cannes, which was just a stupid thing, and I won't drum it up again. But overnight I found myself on the front of the newspapers as the anti-independent Scotland guy, and I'm neither.

"I've not lived in Scotland since I was 17 years old and I wouldn't dare to say to people in Scotland how they should feel about it, and neither should Connery, in my view. He's lived abroad far longer than I have.

"I like the idea of Great Britain. Scottish-English relations aren't good north of the border. There's a kind of anti-Englishness - or there was when I left - that I didn't like, and I can't imagine that independence would make that any better. There, I've got involved in it by saying I'm not involved in it."

Source contactmusic