Sign in to follow this  
princess

Kate Winslet

[CDATA[<strong>Kate Winslet Marries 'Beauty' Director</strong><br />STEPHEN M. SILVERMAN<br />people.com<br /><br />Oscar-winning film and stage director Sam Mendes saw his Broadway stage revival of "Gypsy" (starring Bernadette Peters) get completely shut out at the Tony Awards Sunday night, but he can seek some consolation from his wife, "Titanic" star Kate Winslet.<br /><br />That's right -- we said wife. The filmmaker and the actress were recently married, a publicist for the couple finally confirmed Monday.<br /><br />"This is to formally announce that Sam Mendes and Kate Winslet married in late May in a very small ceremony whilst on holiday in the West Indies. ... Present were Kate Winslet's (2 1/2-year-old) daughter, Mia, and three close friends," the rep said in a statement.<br /><br />This marks Winslet's second marriage, following her 2001 divorce from her husband of three years, film director Jim Threapleton, whom she met on the set while the two were making the indie feature "Hideous Kinky." The pair had daughter Mia together, but the relationship eventually crumbled.<br /><br />Mendes's movie credits include 1999's "American Beauty," for which he received the Best Director Academy Award, and last year's "Road to Perdition." Before meeting Winslet, he was linked with such actresses as Rachel Weisz, Jane Horrocks and Calista Flockhart.<br /><br />But it was shortly after her divorce that Winslet, 27, and Mendes, 37, quietly began going out together, first appearing in public at the New York premiere of her movie "Iris" in late 2001.<br /><br />"He's a good man," Winslet told PEOPLE at the time. "You can say I said that with a large smile on my face."<br /> <br />]]

Winslet Confirms "Spontaneous" Wedding

imdb.com

Movie beauty Kate Winslet has confirmed she and director beau Sam Mendes have married - but admits their decision to exchange wedding vows was a spontaneous one. The glamorous couple married in secret last month in the West Indies, with just three friends and Winslet's two-year-old daughter Mia as guests. The newlyweds are now putting their movie careers on hold so they can enjoy an extended honeymoon. Titanic star Kate says, "We hadn't been planning to do it, but we thought it was rather a good idea."

Reverend Reveals Mendes-Winslet Wedding Detailsimdb.comKate Winslet and Sam Mendes sipped champagne and ate barbecued food at their Caribbean wedding last month, according to the church minister who officiated at the ceremony. The Reverend John Gumbs admits he wasn't aware the Titanic star was an actress, although he did know American Beauty director Mendes was a Commander of the British Empire (CBE). The celebrity pair exchanged vows at a small-scale ceremony - attended by just three friends and Winslet's two-year-old daughter Mia - at a seaside villa on the tranquil island of Anguilla. Reverend Gumbs says, "The marriage license was issued to me, and the wedding was on the lawn at a very beautiful private villa, the kind only celebrities can afford to stay at, on the seashore in Barnes Bay. Mr. Mendes and Miss Winslet were both charmingly dressed, and it was a very nice occasion. It was an orthodox Methodist ceremony, in which neither promised to obey each other. Everybody was beautiful and suitably attired, and it was a very private affair. They had a drink, and then I left before the delicacies, but there was plenty of room for a barbecue." The minister adds, "I knew that Mr. Mendes was a Commander of the British Empire, and he's a relatively young man for such an honor so I knew he had to be of some importance. I didn't know of Miss Winslet's acting career, but I gathered that she was a celebrity. I have heard of Titanic but I didn't know she was in it."

Guess we know why the spontaneous marriage :)

Second Tyke's a Charm for Winslet

EOnline.com

by Lia Haberman

Jul 25, 2003, 8:45 AM PT

First came love, then a secret marriage, now comes news that Kate Winslet's shopping for a baby carriage.

The Titanic star and her new hubby director Sam Mendes are expecting their first child in the new year, her publicist confirmed Friday.

An official announcement is expected later today.

This is the second marriage for Winslet following her split from director Jim Threapleton after just three years together. Mendes, an Oscar earner for directing American Beauty, is a first-time husband.

It's also a second go-around at motherhood for the actress who has a two-and-a-half-year-old daughter, Mia, from her first marriage.

Winslet and her new beau have maintained that they didn't hook up until after she and Threapleton separated.

They publicly came out as a couple in the fall of 2001 at a premiere for Winslet's flick Iris, just months after she and Threapleton split and a little more than a year after Winslet gave birth to Mia.

In her court petition, Winslet cited Threapleton's alleged "unreasonable behavior" as the reason for the divorce, which became official in December 2001. In tabloid terms: the demands of her career put too much of a strain on the relationship.

Winslet took the plunge again in May, marrying in a private ceremony attended by just three close friends while on vacation with Mendes in the West Indies.

The Hollywood power couple is reportedly on an extended round-the-world vacation but face a busy schedule when they return home.

Winslet, a three-time Oscar nominee (Best Actress for Titanic and Supporting Actress for Sense and Sensibility and Iris) has a roster of movies to star in and promote. She recently starred with Kevin Spacey in The Life of David Gale and will soon be voicing a part in the BBC's leonine CGI movie Pride. She has also finished shooting on J.M. Barrie's Neverland and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Later this year, she's scheduled to begin work on the Coen brother-produced, John Turturro-helmed musical Romance & Cigarettes, opposite James Gandolfini, Susan Sarandon and Christopher Walken. (Winslet has sung before, lending her pipes to an animated version of A Christmas Carol, which spawned a single called "What If?")

Somewhere in there, she'll also have to find time to give birth.

After making his mark with American Beauty, followed by last year's Road to Perdition, hubby Mendes is back working the stage, serving as director of the Broadway revival of Gypsy, starring Bernadette Peters. Which should leave him plenty of time to change diapers.

<blockquote data-ipsQuote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kitkat" data-cite="kitkat"><div><p>it seems a little strange to name your son the same as your ex-hubby</p></div></blockquote>Oooooh - nice observation!

Uh-oh, I think E! made a typo. Kate Gives Birth to <strong>Baby Joe</strong>imdb.comKate Winslet had an extra special gift this Christmas - a baby boy. The Titanic actress gave birth to her second child, Joe, on December 22. The baby, who weighed in at seven pounds 13 ounces, is Winslet's second, but her first by new husband Sam Mendes . The couple, who wed in May, are "overjoyed" according to Winslet's publicist. Winslet, 28, also has a three-year-old daughter from her first marriage to movie- maker Jim Threapleton.

Weepy Winslet Breaks Down on American TVimdb.comNewlywed actress Kate Winslet has stunned American television host James Lipton by breaking down in tears while talking about life with husband Sam Mendes and their new son Joe. The Titanic beauty, 28, only recorded the interview weeks after giving birth to the couple's first child together in December, and was clearly overcome by her emotions as she talked about how happy the American Beauty director has made her. Winslet was talking about her life and work on program Inside The Actor's Studio for America's Bravo TV network, which was broadcast Monday night. She gushed, "I had a baby. His father is Sam Mendes . He is a wonderful... I will start crying in a minute because I'm so emotional because we just had the baby. He is really wonderful and this is an amazing emotional time and I see him being a wonderful father. Excuse me. I'm very, very happy right now. Oh God, have you got any gin? He is a wonderful, wonderful man." Oscar winner Mendes is Winslet's second husband. She was previously married to British film producer Jim Threapleton, with whom she has a three- year-old daughter Mia.

histar.comIf you are becoming profoundly disturbed by this new trend of plastic surgery as reality-TV entertainment KATE WINSLET feels your pain. She recently heard that some you girl was going to have plastic surgery to look like her for MTV's popular new series, "I Want a Famous Face". Kate said, quote, "duty bound" to watch it... but when she saw the girl getting breast implants and a tummy tuck it reduced her to tears.Kate says, quote, "This girl has collected magazine covers with me on the front. She was saying, 'I really want Kate Winslet's breasts. Just look how well-shaped they are, pert, and soft. And I thought, 'No darling, my breasts don't look like that. I've had two kids. It's a digitally altered image.'... I don't have breasts remotely like those. Trust me. She had slabs of her stomach taken out. What the (eff) is going on?"

I saw that episode on MTV with the gal that wanted to look like Winslett. She kept referring to that magazine cover that was blantantly airbrushed ..think it was the GQ cover. The girl was a plus size model and had lost alot of weight so the tummy tuck did help with the excess skin.

Maybe it's like when you take a picture of a haircut into your hairdresser to show what kind of hair you want? I don't think she wanted to look like Kate Winslet. She wanted to look like the digitally-altered KW. It's like saying "I want this cut but a little longer in back, a little fuller here..." But I do worry about the young kids who have no idea who they are on the inside and don't even try to find out until the outside looks like someone they want to be on the outside. Garbled post LOL.

Posted Image

READY, SET ...: An unbuttoned and very pink Kate Winslet preps for a scene in her new movie, Romance & Cigarettes, while filming in New York. The musical, directed by John Turturro, is about a two-timing husband (played by James Gandolfini) who must choose between his wife (Susan Sarandon) and mistress (Winslet).

(Santiago Baez/Ramey)

Winslet and Mendes Infuriate Neighbors

imdb.com

Hollywood couple Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes have offended their neighbors by stepping up security measures at their British mansion. Cotswold residents have already accused the Titanic star and the Oscar-winning American Beauty director of ruining community life and failing to integrate with others, and are now furious the couple plan to erect reinforced gates, walls and fences around their luxurious home. But Mendes' spokeswoman Sarah Keene insists, "They want to replace existing walls to the same height. They are certainly not trying to turn their home into some kind of celebrity fortress with high walls and high-security gates."

thesuperficial.comActress Kate Winslet won't have plastic surgery despite saying her boobs look like 'the ears of a dog'.

Posted Image

OCEAN'S TWO

Life's a beach for Kate Winslet and her 10-month-old son, Joe, as they frolic in the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica on Thursday. After dying her hair bright red for her role in the movie musical Romance & Cigarettes, the actress is back to blonde.

Kate Winslet donates her pantiesBy Angela BaldassarreBritish actress Kate Winslet has decided to help a friend win a competition by offering to give away her underwear.Winslet, 29, was persuaded by the friend to call Xfm radio station in London as part of their competition where listeners track down celebrities and get them to call the show.The person with the best celebrity accomplice wins 10,000 pounds, reports British newspaper the Mirror.The actress, who's married to director Sam Mendes (“American Beauty”), stunned presenter Christian O'Connell when she phoned the station and asked: "Is there anything else I can do to win this 10 grand for my friend? I could send you my pants.. do you want them clean or dirty?"Other show callers included Billy Nighy and Judi Dench.Winslet, who’ll be starring next in Marc Foster’s “Finding Neverland” opposite Johnny Depp, recently finished shooting John Turturro’s “Romance & Cigarettes” with James Gandolfini.

Posted Image

CHILD'S PLAY

Kate Winslet puckers up for 4-year-old daughter Mia (with ex-husband Jim Threapleton) while out shopping Wednesday in New York City.

(IMDB.COM)Winslet and Mendes Move Into Fairytale MansionTitanic actress Kate Winslet and her director husband Sam Mendes are finally settling down in the $5.9 million English country mansion they bought three years ago. Westcote Manor, hidden in the tiny village of Church Westcote in a secluded part of the Cotswolds, boasts eight bedrooms and 22 acres of ground. A local builder estimates the couple will have doubled their $2.1 million budget to renovate the mansion, which comprises of two buildings and a 1950s extension. The couple had to squeeze into a tiny stone cottage next door while the lengthy work was completed on their home.

Winslet Goes on Holiday Cameron Diaz is already set to star in the Nancy Meyers-helmed romantic comedy. By Mark Umbach Christina Radish Winslet heads off on Holiday According to a report in The Hollywood Reporter, final negotiations between Kate Winslet and Columbia Pictures have resumed for Winslet to star with Cameron Diaz in the Nancy Meyers-helmed romantic comedy Holiday. Negotiations had stalled last week after Winslet encountered scheduling conflict arose, but that problem has been side-stepped and negotiations are now once again underway. Penned by Meyers, who'll also produce, Holiday centers on an American woman (Diaz) who is having man troubles. While vacationing in London, she crosses paths with a British villager (Winslet) who is having similar problems, and, after their meeting, the American woman finds her luck beginning to change.The project will go before cameras early next year in both Europe and the U.S. Amy Baer, an executive at Columbia, will be spearheading for the studio.Repped by CAA, Winslet has been keeping herself busy in recent months. She's now shooting Todd Field's Little Children and will be providing voice work on DreamWorks Animation's Flushed Away, currently scheduled for release in 2006. Winslet is a four-time Oscar nominee having received nods for her work in Sense and Sensibility, Titanic, Iris and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Holly MollyA long time ago there was a little very drunk mole in a grot hole pub in Covent Garden. At the bar, our mole was standing next to a woman whose face looked very familiar. Deciding it must be someone from school, she launched into introductions, catches up conversation and conned the woman into getting her a drink. Meanwhile all her friends were standing back aghast and asked how she knew Kate Winslet.Our mole went a bit red and went back to apologise, only to find Kate literally eating the face off her male companion. The bloke wasn't Jim Threapleton, her make-do husband who she married a couple of weeks later.

(MSNBC.COM)Kate Winslet insists she hasn’t lost weight and says that recent shots of her looking slim were thanks to computer magic. . . .