Sign in to follow this  
princess

Kate Winslet

Curse of the Oscar: Sandra Bullock's Husband Accused of Cheating

March 17, 2010 by: Ani Esmailian

Call it the curse of the Oscar! According to reports Sandra Bullock's husband Jesse James has been a very naught boy. He reportedly cheated on Sandra with Michelle 'Bombshell' McGee, a tattoo model he met while Sandra was away filming The Blind Side.

McGee tells In Touch weekly, "I would never have hooked up with him if I thought he was a married man. He gave me the impression they were separated."

McGee met Jesse when she inquired about modeling for his West Coast Choppers company. She added, "We ended up on the couch. He wanted to watch movies, but I asked him, 'What's going on with you and Sandra?' He said, 'She doesn't live here. She has a house in Austin. She is filming, and I can't talk about it.' "

In the wake of the cheating scandal, Sandra canceled her scheduled appearance for the London premiere of The Blind Side. "Due to unforeseen personal reasons a trip abroad to support The Blindside has been deemed impossible at this time," Bullock, 45, said in a statement Wednesday. "I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your continued support of the film."

Sandra's not the only Oscar winner facing marital woos right now. Earlier this week Kate Winslet announced that her and her director husband of six years, Sam Mendes, were separating. We should have known something was up when she thanked Leo in her speech instead of her hubby! And these two aren't the only ones. Let's take a stroll down Oscar memory lane:

In 2006 Reese Witherspoon won Best Actress for her role in Walk in the Line and less than six months later she filed for divorce from Ryan Phillippe after he allegedly cheated on her with his Stop-Loss co-star Abbie Cornish. Ryan and Abbie dated for four years after the divorce and finally called it quits last month.

In 2004 Charlize Theron took home the Best Actress award for her role in Monster and thanked her longtime partner Stuart Townsend. "You're one incredible partner, thank you so much for standing by me," she told him. They split amicably last month.

In 2002 Halle Berry took home the Best Actress award for her incredible performance in Monsters Ball. She took her mother to the show as her date and later found out her husband Eric Benét was in bed with another woman during the show. Real classy Eric!

In 2001 the always lovable Julia Roberts won Best Actress for her role in Erin Brokovich. She thanked then boyfriend Benjamin Bratt. They split shortly after.

So far the only leading ladies who have won the Best Actress award in the last decade and haven’t made this list are Nicole Kidman, Helen Mirren and Marion Cotillard. But for the record Nicole and Marion were both unmarried at the time of their win.

So is there such a thing as an Oscar curse? Or is this just one big coincidence?

Read more: http://www.hollyscoop.com/sandra-bullock/c...x#ixzz0iSVWaSDG

Kate Winslet Had Trial Separation

The couple - who announced yesterday (15.03.10) that their six-year marriage is over - reportedly split up while working together on 'Revolutionary Road' with Leonardo DiCaprio last year, but reconciled after realising they were unhappy apart.

A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Working and living together was incredibly intense and basically overwhelmed their relationship.

"The pair have a very different work ethos - Sam wanted to switch off after a long day and Kate liked to analyse every nuance of her performance. It was just too much."

After filming ended, Sam flew out to Florida to work on new movie 'Away We Go' but, despite their troubles, the couple - who raise two children together, son Joe, six, and Kate's daughter Mia, nine, from her marriage to Jim Threapleton - struggled to cope with being apart and pledged to spend more time together.

The source added: "After being in each other's pockets for so long, this, ironically, also proved really difficult.

"So last year they both made a commitment to spend the year together and do less work. But it actually ended up with them going a bit stir crazy.

"They are both really driven and were arguing more than ever before. Kate even did a really small amount of filming to try and ease the pressure and tension that had built up but they had a series of rows over projects this year and that was the straw that broke the camel's back."

Despite only confirming their separation yesterday (15.03.10), rumours have surfaced that there were cracks in their marriage since January, which have been denied.

Source femalefirst

I haven't heard anything, good or bad about her.

My uncle was on set during the filming of Titanic. Only spent 2 or 3 days in close quarters with her, but said she was... difficult. Was above talking to the extras. My uncle said "maybe she was just concentrating on her part, trying to stay in character or remember her lines. Or I'd like to think that...."

She was young then, maybe she grew up and is a very nice person now :)

Uncle did say Billy Zane was a riot and so fun to hang out with.

My then-boyfriend actually met Leo D. in a bar in San Diego a few months before the filming of Titanic as well. Said he was obnoxious and used the "don't you know who I am" line. My bf said "We have no clue who you are, so shut up already". Leo left the bar shortly thereafter :D Always knew why those two got along so well during filming. But you know, they were both young....

DiCaprio, Winslet 'Like Brother And Sister'

Leonardo DiCaprio is helping Kate Winslet deal with the fallout of her split from husband Sam Mendes, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, the pair's friendship has grown stronger since they reunited on set two years ago in the Mendes-directed Revolutionary Road.

A source said: "Leo and Kate have been like brother and sister since they starred in Titanic together.

"And since Kate's marriage started to go south, around the time they were filming Revolutionary Road, they've got closer again. Kate has always really adored Leo and feels like she can tell him anything."

They added: "They were so young when Titanic came out, so it's fair to say they basically grew up together, professionally at least.

"They were thrust into stardom together and were the only people who knew what the other was going through. He's been a rock for her."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Kate Winslet & Sam Mendes' marriage 'rocked by Hall friendship'

Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes' marriage was reportedly rocked by arguments about the director's friendship with British actress Rebecca Hall, according to U.K. reports.

The actress and her "American Beauty" director husband announced their split on Monday, bringing their seven-year marriage to an end.

According to recent reports, the pair struggled to work together while filming "Revolutionary Road" and drifted apart after the movie wrapped.

And new claims in several British newspapers suggest Winslet was furious about the amount of time Mendes spent with "Frost/Nixon" star Hall after he cast her in two of his plays.

A source tells U.K. newspaper the Daily Mirror, "Sam is a huge admirer of Rebecca's work. He can be quite a lovey at times and really worked well with her, which would obviously wind Kate up. There's no suggestion of anything untoward but undoubtedly the friendship didn't help mend the struggling marriage. They are most definitely just friends. To suggest anything else is wide of the mark."

And the publication adds that Winslet's decision to stay in America to star in a U.S. TV drama instead of returning to her native U.K. with him for his filming commitments caused a deeper rift between the couple.

The insider says, "Sam raised several questions over whether she should be doing it, insisting she was above a TV script, and it wouldn't progress her career. Not surprisingly, Kate went ballistic."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iXPkEbrP

Kate Winslet To Return To UK?

Kate Winslet is reportedly planning to move back to the UK.

The 'Revolutionary Road' actress - who split from film director husband Sam Mendes earlier this year - is now planning to move home to her native Britain from her current residence in New York.

A source told the Mail Online website: "Kate doesn't know quite what to do. The people she's close to in New York are mums in schools but she thinks that will all change. Her real friends - Emma Thompson, her sister Anna and her parents - are all over here.

"Kate feels she needs a support system, but she is torn because she doesn't want to disrupt her kids and is able to be very low-key in New York."

Kate - who has a six-year-old son Joe with Sam, and her daughter Mia, nine, from her marriage to Jim Threapleton - has been receiving support from her 'Titanic' co-star Leonardo DiCaprio since the separation.

A source said: "Leonardo and Kate have been like brother and sister since they starred in 'Titanic' together.

"And since Kate's marriage problems started, around the time they were filming 'Revolutionary Road', they've got closer again. Kate feels like she can tell Leonardo anything."

Source femalefirst

Sam Mendes denies cheating on Kate Winslet

A representative for Sam Mendes has furiously denied allegations his marriage to Kate Winslet broke down after he struck up a relationship with British actress Rebecca Hall, branding the claims "ridiculous," "utter nonsense" and "untrue."

The couple announced their split on Monday, revealing their seven-year marriage came to an end earlier this year.

Speculation has been rife over the reason for the break-up, and recent reports alleged Winslet ended the union after her husband grew close to Hall, who was cast in two of his plays.

But a spokesman for Mendes is adamant the reports are completely unfounded.

The rep tells E! Online, "Utter nonsense. Untrue and ridiculous."

He also tells the New York Daily News, "There is absolutely no truth to this. Sam and Rebecca are professional colleagues. That's it."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iaC8lrMt

Kate Winslet refuses to feel guilty over career

Kate Winslet felt awful after she was publicly criticized for leaving her children with a nanny while she filmed movies.

The "Titanic" star - who recently split from husband Sam Mendes - has a daughter Mia, nine, and a six-year-old son Joe.

But the actress insists she came under scrutiny from the press when she left her kids at home to continue working in the film industry - and the negative portrayal of her parenting left her in despair.

She tells Britain's The Times, "I don't feel guilty about working now. When Mia was younger I did, but that was largely to do with the press. You know, 'She's off and the child gets left behind.' You just want to kill yourself when you read those things.

"Mia and Joe are not onset movie kids. I don't ever have them hang out in the trailer, because I don't like the notion that they are sort of beholden to my schedule, not knowing when they're going to see me. I'd rather, you know, give them a big kiss in the morning before I go off to work."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0kHXWPOlu

From Celebitchy:

Kate Winslet is moving on in style after her director husband Sam Mendes may or may not have cheated on her with one of his young starlets. News of the World reports that she’s dating a Burberry model named Louis Dowler, that they’ve been together a few months and that they’re “inseparable.” For Kate’s sake, I hope this is true and that it’s not just a case of some model out for publicity. It would be worse if it was true and that the guy leaked the news for publicity, but if they’ve been together a few months that’s probably not what happened:

LOVESICK Kate Winslet is dating a handsome MALE MODEL as she gets over her marriage split from movie director Sam Mendes, the News of the World can reveal.

The Oscar-winning actress met hunk Louis Dowler secretly a few months ago through mutual friends. Since then they have become inseparable.

Like the blonde Titanic star, Louis - who has appeared in campaigns for fashion house Burberry with Kate Moss - is 34… ten years younger than Mendes.

And the British six-footer’s striking good looks certainly set him aside from the type twice-married Kate normally goes for.

A close source said: “Louis has been spending a lot of time with Kate recently and they were in New York together while he was shooting an advert.

“They’ve been on lots of dates and get on really well. It’s early days for them but they enjoy each other’s company.

“They have been desperate to keep the relationship under wraps so they’ve been a bit low-key so far.

“Louis has a good sense of humour and really is a lovely guy.

“He loves to surf and he’s really quite engaging and very down-to-earth. He’s a good looking guy and gets lots of attention when he’s out and about - but he’s not your typical model. Not at all big-headed.”

[From News of The World]

I don’t profess to know Kate’s type, but doesn’t she go for older men usually? Mendes is ten years older than her, and I know she had a relationship with a much older man who died when she was in her early twenties. She was married to another director named Jim Threapleton before Mendes, though, who is around her age and with whom she had her first child, daughter Mia, 9. (Kate is also mom to son Joe, 6, with Mendes.) If this is true, congratulations to Kate. I hope the guy is decent and that he’s good with her kids when and if she makes the choice to bring him around. Whatever is going on, he’s definitely nice eye candy.

---------------------------------------

I seem to have some probs adding photos these days but here' a link to a photo of Louis Dowler... Well done, Kate!

http://www.cinemagia.ro/stiri/kate-winslet...i-hires/482132/