Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Jenny McCarthy

I don't actually like either of these two individually, but I kind of like them as a couple. :huh:

After what uber-ho/golddigger Lauren Holly put him through, I don't blame him for having no interest in getting married ever again.

Jenny McCarthy: My son's recovery from autism

In light of the recent Hannah Poling decision, in which the federal court conceded that vaccines could have contributed to her autism, we think the tide is finally turning in the direction of parents like us who have been shouting concerns from our rooftops for years.

Autism is a debilitating disorder, which according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is suffered by 1 in 150 kids, making it more common than childhood cancer, diabetes and AIDS combined.

Recently, England and Ireland reported that autism is affecting one in 58 individuals.

Is it any wonder that autism has become many new parents' No. 1 fear?

We've met some of the most amazing moms and dads who are forging their own path to prevention and recovery. When our son, Evan, was diagnosed with autism we were lucky enough to benefit from their knowledge and experience. Evan has been healed to a great extent by many breakthroughs that, while perhaps not scientifically proven, have definitely helped Evan and many other children who are recovering from autism.

There are some who wonder what we mean when we say "recovering" from autism. They confuse the word recover with cure. While you may not be able to cure an injury caused in a terrible car accident, you can recover; you can regain many skills that you once lost. In the case of autism, we think there are treatments that often bring about such healing, so that the observable symptoms of the condition no longer exist. Even though we may no longer see any symptoms of autism, we can't say a child is "cured" because we do not know what they would have been like had they never been injured.

We believe what helped Evan recover was starting a gluten-free, casein-free diet, vitamin supplementation, detox of metals, and anti-fungals for yeast overgrowth that plagued his intestines. Once Evan's neurological function was recovered through these medical treatments, speech therapy and applied behavior analysis helped him quickly learn the skills he could not learn while he was frozen in autism. After we implemented these therapies for one year, the state re-evaluated Evan for further services. They spent five minutes with Evan and said, "What happened? We've never seen a recovery like this."

Evan is now 5 years old and what might surprise a lot of you is that we've never been contacted by a single member of the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, or any other health authority to evaluate and understand how Evan recovered from autism. When Evan meets doctors and neurologists, to this day they tell us he was misdiagnosed -- that he never had autism to begin with. It's as if they are wired to believe that children can't recover from autism.

So where's the cavalry? Where are all the doctors beating down our door to take a closer look at Evan? We think we know why they haven't arrived. Most of the parents we've met who have recovered their child from autism as we did (and we have met many) blame vaccines for their child's autism.

We think our health authorities don't want to open this can of worms, so they don't even look or listen. While there is strong debate on this topic, many parents of recovered children will tell you they didn't treat their child for autism; they treated them for vaccine injury. Read about latest fight over vaccines and autism

Many people aren't aware that in the 1980s our children received only 10 vaccines by age 5, whereas today they are given 36 immunizations, most of them by age 2. With billions of pharmaceutical dollars, could it be possible that the vaccine program is becoming more of a profit engine then a means of prevention?

We believe autism is an environmental illness. Vaccines are not the only environmental trigger, but we do think they play a major role. If we are going to solve this problem and finally start to reverse the rate of autism, we need to consider changing the vaccine schedule, reducing the number of shots given and removing certain ingredients that could be toxic to some children.

We take into account that some children have reactions to medicines like penicillin, for example, yet when it comes to vaccines we are operating as if our kids have a universal tolerance for them. We are acting like ONE SIZE FITS ALL. That is, at the very least, a huge improbability.

Even if the CDC is not convinced of a link between vaccines and autism, changing the vaccine schedule should be seriously considered as a precautionary measure. (If you would like to see some ideas for alternative schedules, check out http://generationrescue.org.)

We wish to state, very clearly, that we are not against all vaccines, but we do believe there is strong evidence to suggest that some of the ingredients may be hazardous and that our children are being given too many, too soon!

Source: CNN.com

^^^GOOD for her. I was told that immunizations were MANDATORY in California and one morning, they gave my 9 month old baby 6 shots. It was just AWFUL. I would never have her go through that again. She's fine, luckily. It is great when celebrity can be used for positive things, instead of bombarding us with the uselessness of those fake celebrities (yeah, Paris, you asshole, I'm talking to you). Jenny is doing a great service to all those with autistic children.

This topic -- the potential link between vaccines and autism -- is such a sensitive, hot-button issue that by saying anything I feel that I am walking through a minefield. I think it is great that Jenny McCarthy is so involved with her son's therapy and development. I also appreciate very much the tone taken in the above piece; it is much less strident than what I am accustomed to seeing. Parents of special-needs children have enough to deal with each day without outsiders on either side of the debate haranguing them for the therapeutic options they have chosen.

At the same time, I feel compelled to urge parents who find themselves in such, or similar, situations to educate themselves, learn about the child's diagnosis, learn about treatment options, and weigh those options carefully. Some alternative treatments scare me just as much as some of the meds we are offered.

Disorders such as autism still are relatively poorly understood; increased rates of a particular disorder could be due to increased awareness, expanded application of criteria, or an actual increased incidence. I see a great deal of fuzziness and uncertainty in this field, and I look forward to the day when we have a better understanding of the brain and how it works.

Now back to your regularly scheduled snark.

Mccarthy Rages At Vaccine Doctors

Model/actress JENNY MCCARTHY lost her cool on live TV in America on Wednesday night (03Apr08) when she raged at medical officials about what she claimed are needless vaccinations.

The bubbly blonde, who is dating Jim Carrey, has become a leading advocate for alternative research into the causes and 'cures' for autism ever since her son Evan was diagnosed with the brain development disorder.

And when the three medical experts disputed MCCarthy's claims that childhood vaccinations could be responsible for some autism cases on CNN news show Larry King Live, the actress exploded.

Banging her hand on King's table, she scolded, "The increase (in immunisation) is ridiculous, you guys... It's plain and simple. It's bulls**t... Too many shots, too soon.

"My son 'died' in front of me due to a vaccine injury... and every week I get a picture sent to me of a child, following a vaccination."

MCCarthy's five-year-old son was diagnosed with autism when he was two after he suffered a heart attack and was clinically dead for two minutes.

As the medics continued to dispute MCCarthy's claims, linking vaccines to autism, the actress leaned across the table and said, "An increase in the measles, I'll take that way over autism any day."

Source: contactmusic

Jenny McCarthy Opens Up About Boyfriend Jim Carrey

Jenny McCarthy loves boyfriend Jim Carrey for several reasons – but especially because he loves her.

"There are so many things," the actress, 35, told PEOPLE in Los Angeles Wednesday night at the Grey Goose-sponsored party for Chelsea Handler's new book, Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.

For starters, she cited Carrey's "capacity to love and to take on something that most men would completely run away from."

McCarthy, who revealed her 5-year-old son Evan's condition nearly a year ago on The View and published a book about their experiences, Louder Than Words: A Mother's Journey in Healing Autism, said of Carrey, 46: "He could have any 20-year-old perfect girl with perfect breasts, and he stays. He has really opened his heart and his life to us. I'll forever be grateful."

Carrey and McCarthy began dating in December 2005, though the relationship did not become public until the following June.

In June 2007, McCarthy told PEOPLE that even though the two were happy together, "There will be no wedding. Goldie [Hawn] and Kurt [Russell] have it made, and that's what we can strive for."

She now also says that she doesn't see more children in their future. (Carrey, who's been married twice, has a 19-year-old daughter, Jane, with his first ex-wife.)

"I'm done," McCarthy told PEOPLE. "I got my ass kicked. All my energy and everything is on Evan to make him the best man possible."

Source: People

Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey rally in Washington D.C. The couple supports the claim that toxins in vaccines lead to Autism and hoped the protest would spread the word. Jenny's son, Evan, has the disease.

Posted Image

Jenny McCarthy speaks out on Michael Savage

‘It’s really about showboating ignorance,’ she says of his autism comments

Access Hollywood

Radio shock jock Michael Savage’s attack on autism angered parents of autistic children. Jenny McCarthy, whose son Evan is autistic, was deeply infuriated by Savage’s heartless words. Now, for the first time publicly, in an interview with “Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell,” McCarthy speaks out.

“I’ll tell you what autism is — it’s a brat that hasn’t been told to cut the act out,” Savage said two weeks ago.

“What was your reaction?” O’Dell asked McCarthy.

“You know, I immediately get the news the second anything happens. I read it and had to sit down and kind of breathe a little bit,” McCarthy said. “The media drove me crazy that day wanting comments and I didn’t want to give any more attention to that jerk.

“It’s really about showboating ignorance really,” she said. “I kind of took the high road and kept talking about healing, prevention.

“And if he would like, (he can) join me in the ring sometime on the WWE. I’ll show you what I really think,” McCarthy added, referring to her upcoming appearance on Saturday Night’s Main Event (airing Aug. 2 at 9 p.m.) with superstar John Cena as the WWE and McCarthy raise awareness about autism, and hopefully a lot of money.

“How did this partnership come about other than you wanted a hot girl at the WWE?” O’Dell asked Cena.

“Well that is certainly a bonus,” Cena said. “Jenny’s got a great cause. We can provide a bunch of eyes and ears, a bunch of people that might not know the ins and outs of autism.”

Though he may not end up in the ring at WWE, Savage was hit by advertisers who pulled ads from his popular radio show. There were also demands for the shock jock’s termination. But would McCarthy like to see that happen?

“I think a great way for an apology is to be sat down and educated about it,” Jenny said. “I’d love to just quietly (sit down with him and) educate him on the facts. It was clear he doesn’t know anything about autism”

Copyright 2008 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Jenny McCarthy speaks out on Michael Savage

‘It’s really about showboating ignorance,’ she says of his autism comments

Access Hollywood

Radio shock jock Michael Savage’s attack on autism angered parents of autistic children. Jenny McCarthy, whose son Evan is autistic, was deeply infuriated by Savage’s heartless words. Now, for the first time publicly, in an interview with “Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell,” McCarthy speaks out.

“I’ll tell you what autism is — it’s a brat that hasn’t been told to cut the act out,” Savage said two weeks ago.

“What was your reaction?” O’Dell asked McCarthy.

“You know, I immediately get the news the second anything happens. I read it and had to sit down and kind of breathe a little bit,” McCarthy said. “The media drove me crazy that day wanting comments and I didn’t want to give any more attention to that jerk.

“It’s really about showboating ignorance really,” she said. “I kind of took the high road and kept talking about healing, prevention.

“And if he would like, (he can) join me in the ring sometime on the WWE. I’ll show you what I really think,” McCarthy added, referring to her upcoming appearance on Saturday Night’s Main Event (airing Aug. 2 at 9 p.m.) with superstar John Cena as the WWE and McCarthy raise awareness about autism, and hopefully a lot of money.

“How did this partnership come about other than you wanted a hot girl at the WWE?” O’Dell asked Cena.

“Well that is certainly a bonus,” Cena said. “Jenny’s got a great cause. We can provide a bunch of eyes and ears, a bunch of people that might not know the ins and outs of autism.”

Though he may not end up in the ring at WWE, Savage was hit by advertisers who pulled ads from his popular radio show. There were also demands for the shock jock’s termination. But would McCarthy like to see that happen?

“I think a great way for an apology is to be sat down and educated about it,” Jenny said. “I’d love to just quietly (sit down with him and) educate him on the facts. It was clear he doesn’t know anything about autism”Copyright 2008 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I think thats great she didnt lose her cool. I think she handled it great! Savage is obviously an idiot and of course he'll never admit he said anything wrong.

Jenny McCarthy: My Son No Longer Has Autism

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite criticism from the American Academy of Pediatrics, Jenny McCarthy says she helped her son, Evan, recover from autism.

The actress - who believes the MMR vaccine was to blame for her son's diagnosis - says a strict no wheat-and-dairy-free diet has changed her son from a quiet little boy who used to flail his arms around to a loving six-year-old.

"Before the vaccination, he was huggy, lovey, snuggly," she says in the newest issue of Us Weekly. "Then it was like someone came down and stole him."

McCarthy, 36, remembers when Evan began to come out of his shell while watching a SpongeBob episode. "I heard Evan laugh...I jumped on the bed and started screaming."

She adds, "When he finally hugged me, I prayed, 'Please God don't let this be the only time.'"

McCarthy has become an outspoken advocate for autism awareness, often courting controversy along the way (doctors have accused her of creating fear of necessary vaccines). She's the bestselling author of five books, including her newest, Mother Warriors: A Nation of Parents Healing Autism Against All Odds. She's also constantly researching on sites like like AgeofAutism.com and GenerationRescue.org

"I made a deal with God," she explains. "I said, 'You fix my boy, you show me the way and I'll teach the world how I did it.'"

She's even reached out to John McCain - who spoke about the importance of autism awareness during Wednesday's debate - without much success.

"We tried," says McCarthy - who currently labels herself a Democrat. "McCain had come out and said he thinks there's enough evidence between vaccines and autism, so I got on a helicopter [to meet him for] an on-camera interview. By the time I got there, the campaign manager said, 'He's ahead in the polls, and this is too controversial, and he doesn't want to go one way or the next.'"

The mom has avoided one controversial critic: Denis Leary, who blamed "inattentive mothers" for autism in his new book, Why We Suck: A Feel-Good Guide to Staying Fat, Loud, Lazy and Stupid. (He later said his words were taken out of context)

For more on the specific ways McCarthy helped her son recover from autism and how beau Jim Carrey supports her, pick up the newest issue of Us Weekly, on stands now.

Source: Us Weekly

McCarthy Facebooks Old Boyfriends, Won't Marry Jim Carrey

(March 2) - Jenny McCarthy appears on the cover of Michigan Avenue magazine and talks candidly about social networking, plastic surgery and her boyfriend, Jim Carrey

Her Beauty Secret: "I love Botox, I absolutely love it. I get it minimally, so I can still move my face. But I really do think it's a savior."

Cyber-Stalking an Ex: "I think a lot about my high school sweetheart, Tony LoBianco, who I dated from the time I was 12 till I was 19. So, he was like, my whole life, and then I posed for Playboy at 20. I've never talked to him since, and I've always wondered what he thought ... And don't think I didn't try to Facebook Tony LoBianco or MySpace him."

Her Own Facebook Status: "I signed up for Facebook a long time ago, but I have no picture. But there are people who are pretending to be me, and they have more stuff about me on there than I do. So I'm the Jenny McCarthy with nothing on there."

Walking Down the Aisle With Jim Carrey: "I don't feel the need at all to wear the white dress again. I did it. I marked that one off the fantasy file."

Oprah Winfrey to Launch Jenny McCarthy Talk Show

The outspoken Jenny McCarthy is joining forces with TV's queen of talk, Oprah Winfrey – for, among other projects, her own talk show.

For starters, according to the Hollywood Reporter, McCarthy, 36, has already launched her own blog on Oprah.com. Friday's entry concerned PMS and sugar.

The trade paper likens McCarthy's chances to break through to those others who previously have aligned with Winfrey, including Rachael Ray and Dr. Phil.

McCarthy has already been a frequent guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show, discussing, among other topics, how she took on the medical establishment to deal with her son Evan's autism.

Jenny McCarthy Has Jesus Crush

Jenny McCarthy has a crush on Jesus.

The former Playboy model - who is currently in a relationship with actor Jim Carrey - believes Christ would be a good guy to date if he wasn't "dead".

Writing on twitter, Jenny said: "I'm looking at a picture of Jesus on the wall. I would have totally dated Jesus. Love that beard. Too bad he's dead."

When some followers on the micro-blogging website took offence to the suggestion that Jesus was not alive, she added: "OK, OK my friends. I know Jesus is not dead. I'm saying that the fact his body has 'risen from the dead' makes him un-datable."

Dating Jesus obviously stayed on Jenny's mind for some time, as she later tweeted: "Did they do circumcisions in Jesus days? (sic)"

It is not the first time that Jenny has made unusual postings on twitter.

She recently offered to perform a sex act on TV host Conan O'Brien following his final episode of 'The Tonight Show' on January 22.

She wrote: "I live next door to Conan. Maybe I should knock on his door and give him a big hug to make him feel better. Or at least a h**dj*b with lotion. (sic)"

Source monstersandcritics.com

Jim Carrey And Jenny McCarthy Breakup

One of the funniest and solid-seeming couples in Hollywood have called it quits. On Monday, Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy confirmed that they have parted ways after five years together.

Jenny McCarthy's Valentines Message To Jim Carrey

"Jenny and I have just ended our 5 yr relationship. I'm grateful 4 the many blessings we've shared and I wish her the very best! S'okay!" Carrey, 48, wrote on his Twitter.

McCarthy, 37, echoed the news on her own page about ten minutes after Carrey's post:

"I'm so grateful for the years Jim and I had together. I will stay committed to Jane [Jim's daughter] and will always keep Jim as a leading man in my heart."

The two were living together and famously said they had no plans to marry since they did not need a "piece of paper" to cement their relationship. Carrey even adopted McCarthy's activism regarding autism, which her son Evan was diagnosed with in 2005. The two are both prominent spokespeople for Generation Rescue which advocates the view that autism and related disorders are primarily caused by environmental factors like vaccines.