Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Kirstie Alley

Jenny Craig Fires Kirstie Alley for Getting Fat Again

By Holly Won't

The National Enquirer is reporting that weight loss juggernaut Jenny Craig has fired actress Kirstie Alley as their spokeswoman because she hasn’t been able to keep thin.

At one point she claimed she lost 75 pounds on the diet plan, but recent photos indicate that she may have put much of that back on — making her, I don’t know, maybe not the best example of how well Jenny Craig works.

It’s also possible that the Fat Actress star was dropped because she has sort of credited Scientology’s detoxification plan to help her get slim.

But that would be surprising because it is totally bogus science and wouldn’t work unless you just wanted to lose weight in your liver.

They’ve replaced her with Queen Latifah, who, if you’ll recall, also shills for Pizza Hut.

UPDATE: Jenny Craig has confirmed that Kirstie Alley is out as the spokesmodel.

Kirstie Alley Officially Steps Away from Jenny Craig Ads

PEOPLE

After serving as the spokesmodel for the Jenny Craig weight-loss program for the past three years, Kirstie Alley is stepping aside.

"Although Kirstie will not appear in future advertising endeavors for us, she does remain on Jenny Craig's maintenance program and is confident that our program has helped her incorporate positive lifestyle changes that should last a lifetime," Scott Parker, vice-president of marketing for Jenny Craig, tells PEOPLE.

"Now that Kirstie has 'passed her maintenance baton' to Valerie [bertinelli,]" adds Parker, referring to the inclusion of the former One Day at a Time star to the ad campaign beginning last August, "you'll see a new campaign with a new celebrity client emerge, in 2008 … one that promotes health with Queen Latifah."

Citing Alley's "losing 75 lbs. and maintaining that weight loss for over a year," Parker goes on to say, "She's proud to have been able to participate in the creation of Jenny's award-winning, integrated advertising campaign, and says she's thankful for the opportunity to help so many other people lose weight and keep it off."

Another gigantic hit taken by Scientology, and I do mean GIGANTIC. Shouldn't the good Scientologists be able to get into Kirstie's brain (OK if they can find it) and will her thinner with $20,000 and those tin cans? I'm really losing faith in this group of experts... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I think it was more of her scientology beliefs, than her being fat.

Her praising $cientology for the weight loss instead of the company who pays her to be their spokeswoman, yeah I would have fired her ass over that one as well.

Her praising $cientology for the weight loss instead of the company who pays her to be their spokeswoman, yeah I would have fired her ass over that one as well.

Agreed!

I like you Kirstie and I like you flipping off the photogs but at what point do you use your brain? If Scientology got you thinner, then why isn't it staying off?

Agreed!

I like you Kirstie and I like you flipping off the photogs but at what point do you use your brain? If Scientology got you thinner, then why isn't it staying off?

it's the meal plan - scientologists are fattening

Kirstie Alley Can Eat In Peace Now

Posted Image

Jenny Craig has dumped Kirstie Alley as their spokesdemon. "Although Kirstie will not appear in future advertising endeavors for us, she does remain on Jenny Craig's maintenance program and is confident that our program has helped her incorporate positive lifestyle changes that should last a lifetime," says Scott Parker, vice-president of marketing for Jenny Craig. Translation: she probably started talking about Xenu and body thetans and they were like "uh, yeah, we have Valerie Bertinelli now..?"

There are no comment from Kirstie so far. I couldn't understand her around that fried chicken, Twinkie and pudding in her mouth. Seriously, that's the first thing I'd do! Jenny Craig announced that Valerie Bertinelli will be joined by Queen Latifah in 2008 as their spokeslesbians. Well, Valerie's not. Queen Latifah is gayer than my UPS deliverywoman Big Hattie. And Big Hattie's got hairy legs, chews tobacco and could break me in two.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Kirstie Alley Launching Her Own 'Weight-Loss Brand'

By Julie Jordan

Kirstie Alley may have parted ways with Jenny Craig after a three-year relationship, but the actress is not leaving the weight-loss field, she tells PEOPLE exclusively.

In fact, Alley, 57, hopes to "develop and pilot my own weight-loss brand that I hope to launch in 2009," she has announced in a statement.

Though she called her experience with Jenny Craig "extraordinary," she says: "I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride."

Statement from Kirstie

No word yet on what, exactly, Alley's new program would entail, but here's Alley's complete statement to PEOPLE:

After lengthy negotiations, regretfully, the Jenny Craig Company and I did not come to an agreement to continue as their spokesperson.

My relationship with the Jenny Craig Company was nothing short of extraordinary. The people I worked with at Jenny were first rate. The program spoke for itself as the world watched me lose 75 pounds. The last three years have been a win-win for all involved, especially all those other Jenny clients who took the journey alongside me. Just having them there with me was an inspiration and a motivation to continue. Thank you to all of you from the bottom of my heart.

J.C. now has two talented pros on board, and I have no doubt that Valerie Bertinelli and Queen Latifah, along with the excellent products in the J.C. program, will steer the ship to continuing success. I personally wish them the same excellent results and amazing adventures that I experienced as the J.C. spokesperson.

Somehow, I've also fallen into the position of "accidental" role model for, apparently, millions of people out there losing weight by whatever means. This was something I did not bargain for, or foresee happening. Nevertheless, it is something I've grown to embrace and something I intend to continue to pursue.

As for me, I am from the school of "you may not be able to reinvent the wheel but you can sure try to better it," which has proven to be a very successful attitude for Michelin tires. Even my own mentor left a major weight-loss company when she was 51 years old and struck out on her own to create her own brand that we now know as "the Jenny Craig weight-loss program." I had not intended to make this announcement at this time, but after an online PEOPLE magazine article ran last Friday, announcing that I had stepped down as Jenny's spokesperson, I found myself bombarded with inquiries from the media and fans. So I guess it's as good of a time as any to announce that I intend to develop and pilot my own weight-loss brand that I hope to launch in 2009.

The weight-loss field is wide open and not immune to new ideas and improved solutions for the fat problems that plague many of us Americans every day. I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride. I am especially passionate about seeing to it that our next generations are not struggling with the same weight issues that my generation has struggled with.

There was a time when America was not fat, and that was in our not-so-distant past. I'm confident that I can create something exciting and innovative: something that if all goes well, will help change a fat America back into a fit America and will offer this country the healthiest, yummiest, easiest and most effective weight-loss program on the market.

If not, I'll see you at Central Casting.

Oh, but hey, don't "Call Kirstie" just yet. You'll be on hold too long. Call me next year.

As for me, I am from the school of "you may not be able to reinvent the wheel but you can sure try to better it," which has proven to be a very successful attitude for Michelin tires.

Interesting quote with the whole " spare tire" analogy and isn't the Michelin man a little rotund? :D

As for me, I am from the school of "you may not be able to reinvent the wheel but you can sure try to better it," which has proven to be a very successful attitude for Michelin tires.

Interesting quote with the whole " spare tire" analogy and isn't the Michelin man a little rotund? :D

ROTFL ~ I would have never thought of that visual!! :D :D

SO, IF you go in and stick your hands in the Scientology "jackass meter", we will help you lose weight and become a perfect, skinny person, JUST LIKE KIRSTIE ALLEY. Last time I saw Kirstey Alley, she looked heavier than when she started Jenny Craig. This is a Scientology ploy, for sure. Hopefully all the wonderful people trying to bring this cult down will help bring this fake weight loss program to light.

Here's a weight loss program for free, with no tin cans:

Eat sensibly, exercise regularly, don't drink or do drugs and stay away from Scientologists -- they make you fat-headed.

SO, IF you go in and stick your hands in the Scientology "jackass meter", we will help you lose weight and become a perfect, skinny person, JUST LIKE KIRSTIE ALLEY. Last time I saw Kirstey Alley, she looked heavier than when she started Jenny Craig. This is a Scientology ploy, for sure. Hopefully all the wonderful people trying to bring this cult down will help bring this fake weight loss program to light.

Here's a weight loss program for free, with no tin cans:

Eat sensibly, exercise regularly, don't drink or do drugs and stay away from Scientologists -- they make you fat-headed.

You also gotta dump Lattes and Cheetos. ;)

Alley to develop own weight loss brand

AP

Kirstie Alley and Jenny Craig may have gone their separate ways, but the one-time "Fat Actress" isn't giving up on the weight loss industry.

"After lengthy negotiations, regretfully the Jenny Craig Company and I did not come to an agreement to continue as their spokesperson," Alley said in a statement posted on People Magazine's Web site Tuesday.

Alley, 57, told People that while her experience with Jenny Craig was "extraordinary," she wants "to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride."

Alley said she intends to develop her own weight-loss brand with plans to launch in 2009.

"We are sorry that she did not accept our offer" to continue appearing in the company's ad campaign, Scott Parker, vice president of marketing for Jenny Craig, told People. "We wish her all the best in her future endeavors."

A message left with Alley's publicist late Tuesday was not immediately returned.

Alley, who starred on Showtime's reality-comedy series "Fat Actress," became a spokeswoman for the Jenny Craig diet program in 2005. About a year later, Alley donned a bikini to show off her new shape on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." At the time, Winfrey said Alley, who is 5-foot-8, had lost 75 pounds, after hitting a high of 220 pounds.

Alley's TV credits also include "Cheers" and "Veronica's Closet."

Wrong Move

Posted Image

Kirstie Alley and Jenny Craig parted way after 3 years and now Kirstie thinks she can make it on her own. Kirstie told People that she's starting her own weight-loss program. Homegirl said she will "develop and pilot my own weight-loss brand that I hope to launch in 2009."

She went on to say, "I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride." Ok, why did I read that statement while picturing her eating a huge cannoli?

Let me ask you this, Scientologists claim they can cure you from being a crackhead and a homo, so why can't they cure Kirstie's fatty-roller coaster ride? Kirstie starting her own program makes as much sense as Britney starting a daycare center. Personally, I like chunky Kirstie. She should start a program on how to stay fat and be happy about it. She would be a much happier person, because I know she lays awake at night dreaming about running naked through the Hostess factory.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Kirstie Alley to Sell Her Own Weight-Loss Program

Posted Image

After it was reported that Kirstie Alley and Jenny Craig had decided to go their separate ways, both Kirstie and the weight-loss brand have made statements indicating that Alley was the one who opted not to renew her contract after three years of acting as spokeswoman. Jenny Craig's VP of marketing, Scott Parker, said "we are sorry that she did not accept our offer."

And the reason Kirstie decided not to keep riding the Jenny Craig train is because she now wants to "develop and pilot my own weight-loss brand that I hope to launch in 2009." She expressed this in a statement, saying that her experience with the brand "was nothing short of extraordinary." In the statement, she also revealed: "I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride." Hard drugs seem to work for a lot of people. Maybe she could sell frozen dinners laced with Speed. At least that might be less terrifying than the prospect that she might figure out a way to incorporate Scientology into her weight-loss program.

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Alley to Develop Own Weight Loss Brand

Kirstie Alley Splits From Jenny Craig, Intends to Develop Her Own Weight Loss Product

The Associated Press LOS ANGELES Feb 20, 2008 (AP)

Kirstie Alley and Jenny Craig may have gone their separate ways, but the one-time "Fat Actress" isn't giving up on the weight loss industry.

"After lengthy negotiations, regretfully the Jenny Craig Company and I did not come to an agreement to continue as their spokesperson," Alley said in a statement posted on People Magazine's Web site Tuesday.

Alley, 57, told People that while her experience with Jenny Craig was "extraordinary," she wants "to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride."

Alley said she intends to develop her own weight-loss brand with plans to launch in 2009.

"We are sorry that she did not accept our offer" to continue appearing in the company's ad campaign, Scott Parker, vice president of marketing for Jenny Craig, told People. "We wish her all the best in her future endeavors."

A message left with Alley's publicist late Tuesday was not immediately returned.

Alley, who starred on Showtime's reality-comedy series "Fat Actress," became a spokeswoman for the Jenny Craig diet program in 2005. About a year later, Alley donned a bikini to show off her new shape on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." At the time, Winfrey said Alley, who is 5-foot-8, had lost 75 pounds, after hitting a high of 220 pounds.

Alley's TV credits also include "Cheers" and "Veronica's Closet."

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

(IMDB.COM)

Alley To Sue Tabloid Over Weight Allegation

Actress-turned-weight loss queen Kirstie Alley is taking legal action against an American tabloid that claimed she was fired from dieting company Jenny Craig because she was too fat. The Fat Actress star resigned as the spokesperson for Jenny Craig after three years of service last week. Just days later, she announced plans to launch her own diet firm in 2009. But Alley has taken exception to claims in the February 25 edition of the National Enquirer which allege Jenny Craig bosses dismissed her for being overweight - and now plans to sue the publication. Alley says, "(It's) hurtful and harmful to me. I'm going to litigate. It's chronic and has been chronic for the last three years. This one (false report) is extremely damaging."

Kirstie Just Doesn't Give a Damn Anymore

TMZ

Doesn't the Church of Scientology have a dress code?

Former Jenny Craig spokeswoman Kirstie Alley was spotted coming out of a salon in L.A. looking a hot neglected mess.

Somebody needs to tell Ms.Thing wet and wild is not a good look for her.

Posted Image

Kirstie Alley to speak for Oprah

Actress inks TV deal with Harpo Prods.

By JOSEF ADALIAN

Oprah Winfrey is getting into business with Kirstie Alley.

Winfrey's Chi-based Harpo Prods. has inked a development deal with Alley for TV projects. A daily talkshow toplined by Alley is already under consideration.

Deal comes a few years after Alley made a series of high-profile appearances on Winfrey's gabber in order to discuss her weight. Most famously, she wore a bikini on Winfrey's show after a major weight loss achieved via Jenny Craig.

Harpo Prods. prexy Tim Bennett described Alley as "incredibly relatable and a true fan favorite.

"We are looking forward to working together to bring viewers everywhere her distinctive voice and comedic flair," Bennett added.

Alley said she's hoping to come up with "something totally fresh" via her collaboration with Harpo.

"I'm very open with what I've been through in my own personal life, and nothing -- I mean nothing -- is off-limits for me to talk about," the thesp said. "Nothing shocks me."

Deal with Winfrey isn't the first time Alley has tried to go the talker route. A few years ago, the former "Cheers" and "Veronica's Closet" star hooked up with Buena Vista and Fisher to develop a syndie gabber, but the project never got off the ground.

Last year, Alley starred in the Fox comedy pilot "The Minister of Divine." Before that, she toplined the Showtime skein "Fat Actress."

Alley inks TV pact with Winfrey's company

Reuters

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Prods. has signed a development deal with Kirstie Alley for TV projects. It's unclear whether the deal might include a syndicated daytime talk show or a program for Winfrey's new cable channel.

Winfrey helped launch other daytime talk shows, including "Dr. Phil" and "Rachael Ray." Both hosts appeared frequently on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" before getting their own shows.

Alley also has been on multiple episodes of "Oprah," including a November 2006 appearance that generated headlines after she donned a bikini to flaunt her 75-pound weight loss.

Meanwhile, Winfrey's new channel, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, is set to launch in second-half 2009. It's a joint venture with Discovery Communications.

"I'm very open with what I've been through in my own personal life, and nothing -- I mean nothing -- is off-limits for me to talk about," Alley said. "And I won't lie -- I live a beautiful life. So I hope to bring those elements together to offer something totally fresh for the television audience."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Alley inks TV pact with Winfrey's company

Reuters

"I'm very open with what I've been through in my own personal life, and nothing -- I mean nothing -- is off-limits for me to talk about," Alley said. "And I won't lie -- I live a beautiful life. So I hope to bring those elements together to offer something totally fresh for the television audience."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

So......... can we ask her all about the scio's??