Sign in to follow this  
princess

Molly Ringwald

<strong>Molly Ringwald Pregnant</strong>imdb.comPretty In Pink star Molly Ringwald is expecting her first child in November. And while the 35-year-old redhead actress - who filed for divorce from French novelist Valery Lameignere last year - has always been happy to talk about her pregnancy, she's been reluctant to discuss the father of the baby - until now. She says, "The father is my boyfriend Panio Gianopoulos." Gianopoulos is a writer and book editor who has been dating Ringwald for two years. But Ringwald stresses her impeding motherhood doesn't mean she has any plans to walk down the aisle with her beau. She adds, "I think I'll go the Susan Sarandon-Tim Robbins route."

ABC unveils trio of sitcoms

Net casts Ringwald, Hudson in Hampton pilot

By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

ABC has greenlit a trio of comedies about young adults with family issues.

Also Wednesday, ABC Family unveiled the cast for its upcoming Brenda Hampton pilot: 1980s teen queen Molly Ringwald, "Smallville" alum John Schneider, "Oz" vet Ernie Hudson and newcomer Shailene Woodley ("The O.C.").

Over at the Alphabet net, greenlights include "Roman's Empire," "Never Better" and an untitled laffer from Kristin Newman.

The single-camera comedy "Roman's Empire" comes from scribe Al Higgins ("Malcolm in the Middle"). Katalyst, Tiger Aspect and CBS Paramount Network TV produce.

Laffer is based on the BBC comedy of the same name. Show revolves around the predicament of a young man who's dumped by his girlfriend -- yet can't escape her wealthy family, or, in particular, her quirky father.

ABC ordered a pilot presentation on the project, which is exec produced by Higgins and Katalyst's Ashton Kutcher, Jason Goldberg and Karey Burke. Tiger Aspect's Andrew Zein and Ben Cavey will exec produce as well.

The untitled pilot from Newman ("How I Met Your Mother") revolves around a thirtysomething woman who tries to reclaim her life by breaking free of her dysfunctional family, friends and job.

ABC Studios is producing, along with DreamWorks TV. Newman will write and exec produce; DreamWorks' Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank will also EP.

Then there's "Never Better," which follows the story of a man in recovery who's now trying to be a good husband and father.

Dave Walpert ("Miss Guided") is writing and exec producing; Warren Littlefield and John Heyman are also exec producers.

ABC Studios and the Littlefield Co. are behind the single-camera comedy.

As for the Hampton project, Ringwald is set to play Anne Nicholson, the mother of a teen who experiences an unwanted pregnancy. Woodley will play that teen, while Schneider plays Dr. Marshall Johnson, and Hudson plays Dr. Ken Fields.

Posted Image

people.com

Molly Ringwald Expecting Twins!

By Pamela Warrick

Originally posted Friday January 23, 2009 08:40 PM EST

Molly Ringwald, who plays the anxious mother of a pregnant teen on The Secret Life of the American Teenager, is expecting twins of her own, the actress tells PEOPLE exclusively.

It will be the second daughter and first son for Ringwald, 40, and husband Panio Gianopoulos, 33. They have a 5-year-old daughter Mathilda Ereni. The babies are due in August.

Secret Life's second season airs on Monday nights on ABC Family. A spokeswoman for the show says Ringwald's pregnancy will be written into the storyline.

Her pregnancy came as exciting news on the set, says Shailene Woodley, who plays Ringwald's daughter on the show.

"Molly's first child is so gorgeous!" Woodley says. "She's got the dark hair like her Greek dad but she's got Molly's beautiful features. Whenever she brings Mathilda to the set, everybody's happy."

Ringwald starred in such teen classics as Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles.

On Secret Life, she plays the sympathetic but overwhelmed Anne Juergens – a woman reeling from her husband's affair, her mother's Alzheimer's and, most poignantly, her 15-year-old daughter's pregnancy.

Molly Ringwald's Dieting Rule Of Thumb

Molly Ringwald, 42, turned out at the Oscars in a slender, Trojan-style gown that made the recent birth of her twins seem eons away.

But the actress laid her fine form to working out and a simple rule of thumb. Always choose something green.

She told People Magazine: 'I try to make sure that I eat something green. I think that's just a really good rule of thumb. I love all different kinds of vegetables, but the green ones are generally the best for you and the best for your diet.'

Ringwald, who stars in The Secret Life Of The American Teenager, just eight months ago gave birth to Adele Georgiana and Roman Stylianos. She said that getting into her current Oscars shape was a matter of 'Just dieting basically. And it wasn't even like a really strict diet. It was more just a sensible diet, cutting down on sweets and upping the vegetables and protein, less starch, and I just worked out a lot, I'd say about three or four times a week.'

Source monstersandcritics.com

Molly Ringwald: 'Brat Pack stars get together every couple of years'

Actress Molly Ringwald insists the 'Brat Pack' reunion at Sunday's Oscars was easy to organize, because the stars get together every few years.

"The Breakfast Club" star joined the likes of Matthew Broderick, Macauley Culkin and Ally Sheedy for an Academy Awards tribute to late filmmaker John Hughes, who turned them all into teenage household names -- and she reveals the reunion was just old friends getting together again.

She tells WENN, "We had all seen each other about five years ago when we were all together for the MTV tribute to John. We run into each other every so often. We all have very different lives and careers but we usually get together at least every couple of years for one reason or another.

"I just hope next time it will be for a happier occasion."

But she admits it was wonderful to get the chance to honor Hughes at the Oscars: "It was very emotional. It was a wonderful tribute. I was very happy to be a part of it."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0hpXEwtxn

Posted Image

people.com

Molly Ringwald made a glamorous return to the Oscar stage Sunday night to pay heartfelt tribute to the late director John Hughes. But it wasn't just a stylist's advice she consulted. It was her 6-year-old daughter, Mathilda's.

"I was choosing between two dress colors, and she decided on this," Ringwald told PEOPLE before the ceremony. "She said this was the way to go. I always listen to her, she's a 6-year-old fashionista."

It wasn't just a good (looking) choice, it felt right, too.

"It's comfortable," the actress said of her Todd Thomas dress and Alexander Calder-designer jewelry. "It's a huge honor to wear his jewelry. I feel very honored." Plus, Ringwald added, it was just fun to attend the show. "There's so much adrenaline," she said, "it's fun to be here again."

Ringwald Was 'Saved' From Hollywood

Former child star MOLLY RINGWALD is convinced her decision to develop "interests outside Hollywood" saved her life because it stopped her falling into drug addiction.

Ringwald landed her first TV role at the age of 11 in sitcom Diff'rent Strokes and went on to find fame in John Hughes' 1984 movie Sixteen Candles, which propelled her into the spotlight.

She became known as one of the 'Brat Pack' in the 1980s after appearing in a string of teen dramas, but unlike many of her co-stars, Ringwald avoided the temptations of the party circuit and never suffered from drug or alcohol addiction.

The actress, now a 42-year-old mother of three, insists she was too young to follow her older actor friends into bars as a teenager and is adamant her decision to focus on her hobbies instead "saved her life".

She tells Britain's Grazia magazine, "Unlike most of the others (members of the 'Brat Pack'), I was the same age as my characters. So when they were out carousing, I couldn't get into a bar.

"I was encouraged to develop interests outside Hollywood and I think it saved my life. I knew that if I got involved with drugs it would never stop. I had self-preservation."

And Ringwald admits she feels sorry for young stars in Hollywood today - because they seem unable to avoid the temptations of the industry.

She adds, "I feel badly for teenage stars these days. They seem to get burned out so quickly."

Source contactmusic