Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Zac Efron

Perry will go from pop to prep for '17'

By Borys Kit

Nov 28, 2007

Matthew Perry will play a grown-up version of Zac Efron in "17," New Line's teen comedy being directed by Burr Steers. Adam Shankman and Jennifer Gibgot are producing via their Offspring Entertainment banner.

In a scenario that turns the concept of "Big" on its head, the Jason Filardi-penned script follows a middle-age father who wakes up to find he's 17 again. In order to be close to his children, he enrolls in the same school as them.

Production begins early next month.

Efron was attached to star when the project was set up. Leslie Mann, who plays Perry's wife, came on board in October.

Perry (NBC's "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip") recently wrapped "The Laws of Motion," an indie drama also starring Ginnifer Goodwin, Hilary Swank and Ben Foster.

He is repped by CAA and Doug Chapin Management.

Edited by BobbyD

Vanessa Hudgens: I Didn't Want to Be a Celebrity

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 28, 2007 03:35 PM EST

By Tim Nudd

Achieving celebrity was never a big life goal for Vanessa Hudgens – and now that she is famous, she's more than a bit ambivalent about it.

"I became an actress and started singing and dancing because I truly loved it," the 18-year-old tells Australia's Daily Telegraph. "I did not want to be a celebrity. ... I think fame is just something that comes along when you are in something that is such a success."

The High School Musical star, who suffered public embarrassment this fall when a nude photo of her reached the Internet, says a major downside of becoming famous is the lack of privacy.

"Everyone is trying to get into your business," she says. "I don't like people staring at me all the time, and I don't want people following me around."

For some young stars, she adds, it can become a crippling love/hate affair. "People become jaded and infatuated with Hollywood," she says. "I think it happens to a lot of celebrities, and it messes with their head."

In the end, though, Hudgens knows it's the price she has to pay as a performer, if she wants her work to be seen. In fact, had High School Musical not come along, she says she would have tried out for American Idol.

"I was 15 at the time ... and you had to be 16 to audition," she says. "So I thought, 'One more year.' Then, when I turned 16, High School Musical came along and I got to do it. So I thought I'd skip on American Idol."

Caught in the Act!

• Zac Efron, broadcasting his "can do" attitude – or maybe just his sneaker preference – while out for the day in Beverly Hills.

post-447-1196291529.jpg

Ferrera, Efron win at Family TV Awards

Associated Press

Nov 30, 2007

America Ferrera has won another honor for her portrayal of the title character on ABC's "Ugly Betty."

She won the best actress award at the ninth Family Television Awards for her role as the sartorially challenged Betty Suarez trying to make it in the tough New York fashion world. The series won best comedy.

Ferrera has earned Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG awards for playing Betty.

Zac Efron won the best actor award for his role as teen idol Troy Bolton in Disney's "High School Musical 2," which won the best movie musical award.

Best new series award went to ABC's "Pushing Daisies."

The awards, presented Wednesday night, are given by the Family Friendly Programming Forum and recognize what it decides is outstanding programming for family viewing.

Family TV Awards Honor 'High School Musical 2'

'Ugly Betty,' 'Heroes' also win awards

November 30, 2007

The Disney Channel phenomenon "High School Musical 2" and ABC's "Ugly Betty" each snagged a pair of trophies at the ninth annual Family Television Awards.

The awards honor "family friendly" programming as determined by the Family Friendly Programming Forum, a coalition of advertisers that works to help develop shows parents and kids can watch together. The forum also offers scholarships to aspiring writers and a script development fund for projects that has helped launch the likes of "Gilmore Girls," "Everybody Hates Chris" and "Chuck."

"High School Musical 2" won the award for best movie musical, and star Zac Efron shared the best actor award with Kyle Chandler of "Friday Night Lights." "Ugly Betty" also took home two awards, for star America Ferrera and for best comedy. NBC's "Heroes" took home the best drama prize.

The CW will air the awards ceremony on Thursday, Dec. 27. "Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan served as master of ceremonies.

Here's the full list of winners at the ninth annual Family Television Awards:

Comedy: "Ugly Betty" (ABC)

Drama: "Heroes" (NBC)

Actor: Zac Efron and Kyle Chandler

Actress: America Ferrera

Miniseries/Special: "Planet Earth" (Discovery)

Movie Musical: "High School Musical 2"

New Series: "Pushing Daisies" (ABC)

Cable Series: "Kyle XY" (ABC Family)

Reality: "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" (FOX)

Favorite Newcomer: Zachary Levi

'Buffy' Sis Turns '17'

Michelle Trachtenberg and Melora Hardin signed for Zac Efron vehicle

December 3, 2007

Michelle Trachtenberg will join Zac Efron in the high concept comedy "17."

Also signing on for the New Line comedy is Melora Hardin ("The Office"), while previously announced cast members included Leslie Mann and Matthew Perry.

Production on "17" begins later this month.

Scripted by Jason Filardi, the Burr Steers-directed "17" focuses on a middle-aged father (Perry), who mystically, magically, inexplicably wakes up one morning to discover he's 17 again (and played by Efron). He has to go through high school again, which is bound to confuse his wife (Mann) and kids.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Trachtenberg plays the main character's daughter/new school chum, which makes things extra awkward when she gets a crush on her dad (like "Back to the Future," only a slightly different movie). Hardin will play a high school principal.

Star of "Harriet the Spy" and "Ice Princess," Trachtenberg is still probably best known as magical sis Dawn from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." She's most recently been seen in "Black Christmas" and "Beautiful Ohio," with "Kids in America" set for release next year.

Vanessa to Zac: Stop being such a sissy!

MSNBC.com

Though her hookup makes her the envy of teenage girls, Vanessa Hudgens isn’t thrilled with boyfriend Zac Efron. According to a report in Star Magazine, the “High School Musical” actress wants a little less metro in her male.

“She wants to date a man, not a little girl,” an insider revealed to Star. “Vanessa told (Zac) to stop being such a sissy and freaking out when he gets blemishes.”

The source went on to claim Zac nearly bailed on a birthday bash for Vanessa’s little sis, Stella, last month after spying an enormous zit on his cheek. “He just flipped out. He knew there were a bunch of girls at the party who worship him — and he didn’t want them all staring at his pimple.”

Once the teen queen offered up her tube of concealer, all was well — for Zac. “Vanessa doesn’t want to share makeup with her boyfriend,” the source said. “It makes her feel weird.”

It’s not just the pimples that threaten to burst Nessa’s bubble. “Zac can be incredibly vain, obsessing about his weight.” Turns out, she’d rather wear the skinny jeans in the relationship.

“Vanessa wants Zac to realize that it’s OK if he doesn’t always look perfect. She would love him even if he didn’t look like a Teen Beat cover boy. In fact, she would probably love him more if he relaxed about his looks and got a little scuffed up once in a while.

Walk Like A Man

Posted Image

Vanessa Hudgens is reportedly sick of Zac Efron being such a sissy and wants him to be a man. Someone needs to tell this bitch that a leopard can't change his spots and a gay can't change his gayness.

A source said, “She wants to date a man, not a little girl. Vanessa told (Zac) to stop being such a sissy and freaking out when he gets blemishes.”

According to Star Magazine, Zac threw a girl fit when he got a zit on his cheek. Vanessa wanted him to come to her little sister's birthday party, but Zac was too concerned about the zit. “He just flipped out. He knew there were a bunch of girls at the party who worship him — and he didn’t want them all staring at his pimple.”

It's called concealer! I'm surprised that already isn't in his daily beauty regimen. Disney needs to step it up if they want this relationship to look real. Stories about beauty hissy fits aren't going to fly. Vanessa and Zac fighting over a dildo. Now that makes more sense.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Drake Bell

During our impromptu Q and A, which came about only because Bell greeted hundreds in a seemingly record time, I asked Drake who the most famous person in his phone was – an iPhone no less. After responding with Jesse McCartney (to the cringing of most) I asked if there are any other celebrities he chums up with.

“Yeah, Zac Efron sometimes.”

“Does he bring Vanessa (Hudgens) around?”

“Nooooo, that’s just a front.”

A moment of awkwardness later, and Bell quickly retracted, backtracked, sidestepped, and changed topics.

Source

The Efron Scandal

Lil Wayne’s New Project Puts the High in High School Musical

By BEN WESTHOFF

Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 2:00 pm

Lil Wayne contemplates conquering the Disney Channel demographic. Photo courtesy Lil Wayne. With his long dreadlocks, croaking voice and penchant for zaniness, Lil Wayne is an unpredictable MC. He’s also a prolific one, releasing albums and mixtapes by the handful. In 2007, he recorded guest verses with everyone from Shakira to Little Brother.

But his newest collaboration will have even his most die-hard fans scratching their heads. In an attempt by the not-quite mainstream rapper to reach a wider range of fans, the 24-year-old Wayne has announced that he will rap on the CD remix to the latest installment of the High School Musical franchise, titled High School Musical 2: Non-Stop Dance Party.

“Yup, I had to do that,” Wayne says with his trademark high-voltage smile, shortly after welcoming me into his Miami Beach mansion. “I’m trying to reach those suburban white kids like Kanye did.”

Disney Channel’s High School Musical is a pop-culture phenomenon, having sold millions of DVDs and millions more CD soundtracks. But its clean-cut characters and positive themes don’t seem to jibe with Wayne’s lyrical content, which tends to focus on giant spliffs of marijuana and boasts about receiving sloppy fellatio.

“I’m just being me,” Wayne insists, leading a tour of his recently purchased oceanfront house, which features a faux-bronze statue of his own nude figure, and a Juicy Fruit-dispensing bathroom attendant who lives on the premises full-time. He adds that the project was set in motion after a chance meeting with High School Musical star Zac Efron.

“Zac and me was both in San Francisco a few months ago for a comic book convention or something, and we met at an afterparty at some bar,” he says, pausing to break down pieces of pungent pot to roll into a joint. “To get away from these girls that was chasing him, he ducked into the bathroom and I followed him in there. I was like, ‘What’s crackin’, my brother from another mother?’”

At that very moment—as if on cue—the San Luis Obispo-born Efron himself emerges from Wayne’s den. I’ll later learn that the 20-year-old brunette heartthrob is crashing in Wayne’s guest room while the two work on their High School Musical songs together, but for now it’s like seeing a polar bear in the middle of the Brazilian rain forest.

“What’s up, my n****?” Efron says, giving Wayne a pound, a hug, and then, to my astonishment, a full-on kiss, reminiscent of the one Wayne famously gave his surrogate father Baby last year. (Obviously, Efron is going to have to work harder to squelch rumors surrounding his sexual orientation.)

“I’ve been a big fan of Wayne for a long time,” says Efron, emerging from the embrace and cueing up a CD player. “These are the cuts we just finished. Dope, right?”

I wish I could share his enthusiasm, but the songs are a bit jarring, to say the least. On “All for One,” Efron sings the chorus—“Everybody all for one, a real summer has just begun! Let’s rock and roll and just let go, feel the rhythm of the drums. We’re gonna have fun in the sun!”—while Wayne raps: “I’m a dog, you’re all a bunch of fleas on my dick. Driving a Jag, er, like my name was Mick. I’m so sour like cream with chives, and my sperm will make your face break out in hives.”

When they ask for my honest opinion about their new songs, I mutter something about them being “outside the box” and “memorable.” Though my answer is clearly insincere, Wayne seems unfazed.

“This isn’t the only thing I got going on right now,” he says, as the two young celebrities walk me out. “I just did songs with Mannheim Steamroller, something for the new Raffi album, and 16 bars in Spanish on Ricky Martin’s new one.”

Does Wayne ever get overwhelmed by the pace of his high-flying lifestyle?

“Hell, no! This is how I live! I get up in the morning, get my dick sucked four times, drink a Molson’s, and then hang out with Zac. What, do you want me to go to Hawaii for a vacation? You got a job, but this is my vacation right here.”

Adds Efron, “Word!”

Update:

perez[he had the story yesterday]

We just got this email from the clubs editor of the OC Weekly.

“I just wanted to clarify that the Zac Efron and Lil’ Wayne story is purely fictional and is simply intended as a joke (and a hysterical one at that).”

The Efron Scandal

Lil Wayne’s New Project Puts the High in High School Musical

By BEN WESTHOFF

Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 2:00 pm

Lil Wayne contemplates conquering the Disney Channel demographic. Photo courtesy Lil Wayne. With his long dreadlocks, croaking voice and penchant for zaniness, Lil Wayne is an unpredictable MC. He’s also a prolific one, releasing albums and mixtapes by the handful. In 2007, he recorded guest verses with everyone from Shakira to Little Brother.

But his newest collaboration will have even his most die-hard fans scratching their heads. In an attempt by the not-quite mainstream rapper to reach a wider range of fans, the 24-year-old Wayne has announced that he will rap on the CD remix to the latest installment of the High School Musical franchise, titled High School Musical 2: Non-Stop Dance Party.

“Yup, I had to do that,” Wayne says with his trademark high-voltage smile, shortly after welcoming me into his Miami Beach mansion. “I’m trying to reach those suburban white kids like Kanye did.”

Disney Channel’s High School Musical is a pop-culture phenomenon, having sold millions of DVDs and millions more CD soundtracks. But its clean-cut characters and positive themes don’t seem to jibe with Wayne’s lyrical content, which tends to focus on giant spliffs of marijuana and boasts about receiving sloppy fellatio.

“I’m just being me,” Wayne insists, leading a tour of his recently purchased oceanfront house, which features a faux-bronze statue of his own nude figure, and a Juicy Fruit-dispensing bathroom attendant who lives on the premises full-time. He adds that the project was set in motion after a chance meeting with High School Musical star Zac Efron.

“Zac and me was both in San Francisco a few months ago for a comic book convention or something, and we met at an afterparty at some bar,” he says, pausing to break down pieces of pungent pot to roll into a joint. “To get away from these girls that was chasing him, he ducked into the bathroom and I followed him in there. I was like, ‘What’s crackin’, my brother from another mother?’”

At that very moment—as if on cue—the San Luis Obispo-born Efron himself emerges from Wayne’s den. I’ll later learn that the 20-year-old brunette heartthrob is crashing in Wayne’s guest room while the two work on their High School Musical songs together, but for now it’s like seeing a polar bear in the middle of the Brazilian rain forest.

“What’s up, my n****?” Efron says, giving Wayne a pound, a hug, and then, to my astonishment, a full-on kiss, reminiscent of the one Wayne famously gave his surrogate father Baby last year. (Obviously, Efron is going to have to work harder to squelch rumors surrounding his sexual orientation.)

“I’ve been a big fan of Wayne for a long time,” says Efron, emerging from the embrace and cueing up a CD player. “These are the cuts we just finished. Dope, right?”

I wish I could share his enthusiasm, but the songs are a bit jarring, to say the least. On “All for One,” Efron sings the chorus—“Everybody all for one, a real summer has just begun! Let’s rock and roll and just let go, feel the rhythm of the drums. We’re gonna have fun in the sun!”—while Wayne raps: “I’m a dog, you’re all a bunch of fleas on my dick. Driving a Jag, er, like my name was Mick. I’m so sour like cream with chives, and my sperm will make your face break out in hives.”

When they ask for my honest opinion about their new songs, I mutter something about them being “outside the box” and “memorable.” Though my answer is clearly insincere, Wayne seems unfazed.

“This isn’t the only thing I got going on right now,” he says, as the two young celebrities walk me out. “I just did songs with Mannheim Steamroller, something for the new Raffi album, and 16 bars in Spanish on Ricky Martin’s new one.”

Does Wayne ever get overwhelmed by the pace of his high-flying lifestyle?

“Hell, no! This is how I live! I get up in the morning, get my dick sucked four times, drink a Molson’s, and then hang out with Zac. What, do you want me to go to Hawaii for a vacation? You got a job, but this is my vacation right here.”

Adds Efron, “Word!”

Beautiful Girl (Stay With Me)

Posted Image

Dear Zac Efron,

Girl, this is not helping the gay rumors. Do not take advice from John Travolta. I know this is for a movie, but only curl your hair during private time.

Kisses

P.S. - You look fabuuuullouuuuus!!!

http://www.dlisted.com/node?page=1

(Pagesix.com)

Real Bad Nudes

VANESSA Hudgens says her nude picture scandal "wasn't a reach for attention" and, "Nobody was supposed to see it. It's unfortunate that everybody did," the "High School Musical" star says in Seventeen mag's February issue. "It shows that you can't trust everyone . . . I'm much better now. But truthfully, I don't like talking about it."

Vanessa Hudgens Talks About Dealing with Her Nude Photo Scandal

Posted Image Posted Image

Vanessa Hudgens says she's recovering from her scandal of late summer, when risqué private photos of her surfaced on the Internet.

"I'm much better now," the High School Musical star, 18, tells Seventeen magazine for its February issue. "But truthfully I don't like talking about it."

On Sept. 7, after the nude pictures made the rounds, Hudgens released a formal statement through her rep, saying, in part, "I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust means the world to me. I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos."

She now says of the intimate posing session, "It was something that was meant to be private, and even though it isn't anymore, I'd still like to keep it as private as I can."

Zac Efron's Reaction

Of the tempest that the pictures caused, she says, "It was very traumatic, and I am extremely upset it happened. I hope all my fans can learn from my mistake and make smart decisions. But I wouldn't have been able to get through it if it wasn't for my family, friends and fans, who supported me all along the way."

Asked how she had been informed that the photos had gone public, Hudgens answers, "I found out from my manager. We heard some story was going to break in the tabloids, and I was like, What?!? A few days later, the picture came out while I Was on vacation in Australia. Thank God, I wasn't home – it would have sucked if I was at home. So I got to be away from L.A. for about a millisecond. But when I came back, it got kind of crazy."

While Hudgens does not directly address boyfriend Zac Efron's reaction to the photos, she does refer to him as "a friend and a cute friend who you like. It's nice."

Mom: 'Okay to Be Naked'

Came time to tell her mother about what had transpired, Hudgens recalls with a laugh, "I was just open with her, and she was just so cute. She was like, 'Well, everyone can be naked if they want to.' "

If there are lessons to be learned from the experience, Hudgens also says, "With the Internet these days, you don't have a personal life. Nothing is private: Everyone knows everything, and they can find out everything about you. You're not as safe as you think you are, and you have to be aware of the people you're around."

Jessica Gives Zac 'Elle'

Posted Image

Jessica Alba has never been shy about speaking her mind, but the actress might want to think about keeping her mouth shut if she ever wants a teen girl to buy a ticket to one of her movies again. In the February issue of Elle magazine, the newly knocked up actress said that she was taken aback the first time she met Zac Efron. "He looks like a child with a lot of makeup," she says of their meeting at the 2007 Teen Choice Awards. "I was like, ‘My God, you’re just a little kid.'"

What is she doing? Doesn't she know that Ignoring Zac's penchant for primping is like the unspoken rule of tweendom. You don't talk about the blush, you act like you don't notice the foundation and you most never under any circumstances call him out in a magazine. Wise up Alba, this is grade-school stuff!

Jessica Alba Is A Bitch, But I Love Her For It

Posted Image

Jessica Alba shouldn't expect an invitation to go makeup shopping with Zac Efron anytime soon. Jessica met Zac at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards and told Elle Magazine:

“Zac looks like a child with a lot of makeup. I was like ‘My God, you’re just a little kid.”

While we're on the subject of men in makeup here's a blind item from Gatecrasher. Hmm....I wonder who could it be?

Which breakout young male star uses - gasp - fake eyelashes to get his trademark gaze? Dammit, Hollywood, stop toying with us!

Jessica's gonna pay for this! Zac was going to send her his favorite shade of Dior lip gloss and now he's totally not. That'll show her!

ALBA MOCKS MADE-UP EFRON

JESSICA ALBA is heading for a run in with teen girls' favourite ZAC EFRON, after dubbing him a "child with make-up". The sexy star claims she was stunned when she first met the High School Musical actor. Alba says, "He looks like a child with a lot of makeup. I was like, 'My God, you're just a little kid.

Zac Efron Humble About His Stardom

Posted Image

Zac Efron is not letting mega-stardom go to his head – but the paparazzi sometimes get under his skin, he says in a new interview.

"It's weird, I don't feel like I deserve any of the attention," the High School Musical star tells Details in its January/February issue. "There's really nothing but one audition for a Disney Channel movie that separates me from 2,000 other brown-haired, blue-eyed guys in L.A., you know?"

But Efron, 20, says he is learning the lessons of fame quickly – especially where the paparazzi is concerned. His first run-in with having his photo snapped without his knowledge happened while he was vacationing with girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens in Hawaii.

"I had no idea that anyone could ever care [what I was doing,]" said Efron. "That happens to, like, big stars. I woke up and my dad told me that I was in a newspaper on the beach – he made fun of me, he said I was 'frolicking.' "

As for how he handles rumors about his private life – and questions about his sexual orientation – that crop up in tabloids and on Web sites like PerezHilton.com, Efron is already handling it like a pro. "Honestly, if the worst he can say about me is that I'm gay, then I think I'll be fine. I can handle it," he tells the magazine.

Cover Girl

Posted Image

Who's that lovely lady on January/February's Detail Magazine? It's that little twinkie, Zac Efron. He actually has a touch of masculinity. Just a touch. I think they had to Photoshop make-up OFF of him, because he never leaves home with full foundation and eyelashes.

ALBA MOCKS MADE-UP EFRON

JESSICA ALBA is heading for a run in with teen girls' favourite ZAC EFRON, after dubbing him a "child with make-up". The sexy star claims she was stunned when she first met the High School Musical actor. Alba says, "He looks like a child with a lot of makeup. I was like, 'My God, you're just a little kid.

Jessica is just jealous because he's prettier than her.

ALBA MOCKS MADE-UP EFRON

Jessica is just jealous because he's prettier than her.

LOL. :D Maybe she realized that the color of that dress wasn't doing her any favors and it made her bitchy.

Pretty

Posted Image

It's pretty hilarious that Zac Efron is wearing way more make-up than Michelle Pfeiffer. I hope she said to Zac, "Girl, go fix yourself in the ladies room. Your shit is looking runny. It isn't cute."

Michelle needs to lend homegirl Zac some of the cream she uses, because bitch looks hot. She is always looking hot.

Zac presented with Debra Messing at the SAG Awards tonight and it looked like someone took a balloon and rubbed it all over the top of her head. I bet you The Paves did her 'do.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image