Sign in to follow this  
Hoyaheel

Nicole Richie

How must it make here very very tattooed husband/fiance/whatever feel when she makes comments like this, though?

For better or for worse, society seems to take a much different view on tattooed men versus tattooed women....and that's before you even throw in the fact that he's a musician.

True, but it still seems sort of rude. In a Mean Girls way "oh my god, that is SOOOOO ugly and outdated. But, uh, it looks *great* on you, honey" She should have just kept her mouth shut on the topic - keep them or get rid of them but keep it private....But then, that wouldn't be the way of Hollywood, would it? :-)

How must it make here very very tattooed husband/fiance/whatever feel when she makes comments like this, though?

For better or for worse, society seems to take a much different view on tattooed men versus tattooed women....and that's before you even throw in the fact that he's a musician.

True, but it still seems sort of rude. In a Mean Girls way "oh my god, that is SOOOOO ugly and outdated. But, uh, it looks *great* on you, honey" She should have just kept her mouth shut on the topic - keep them or get rid of them but keep it private....But then, that wouldn't be the way of Hollywood, would it? :-)

I agree. It seems like she's trying to say the publicly appealing thing now to try to change her image, but is insulting her fiancee in the meantime. Obviously, nobody should get a tattoo before they're 18. But for adults, tattoos can be a beautiful and meaningful form of artistic self-expression. I have a friend who lost her husband in the line-of-duty. She's in her thirties, and has three children under the age of 5, and she just got the most amazing tattoo on her leg in honor of her brave husband.

Just because Nicole is professing to have made poor choices about her body art doesn't mean other people, including her own children, shouldn't feel good about their body art decisions. I think she's being pretty hypocritcal.

And btw, I have no tattoos, but I can appreciate a good one.

Nicole Richie Won't Dress Joel

Nicole Richie refuses to give fiance Joel Madden fashion advice.

The reality TV star - who has her own jewellery line, House of Harlow 1960 and clothing range, Winter Kate, both names after her two-year-old daughter Harlow Winter Kate - admits she would be useless at styling the Good Charlotte rocker because she doesn't know what's hot and what's not with men.

She said: "Men's fashion is such a different world and something I know nothing about. If I said 'Vans,' he'd probably be like, 'No, no. It's Nike.' So, it's better not to even to go there."

Nicole - who also has a five-month-old son, Sparrow, with Joel - says designing clothes and accessories is something she has always wanted to do and is pleased the fashion world is now taking her seriously.

The 28-year-old beauty told WWD: "'The Simple Life' started when I was 19 and my self-image has changed so much since then. Building credibility in fashion has been pretty organic in the sense that I'm finding out who I am as a woman and what I like and don't like.

"There wasn't a day when I just woke and said, 'I'm ready to do this.' I knew in the back of my mind that this was something I wanted to do when I grew up."

Source contactmusic

^^^Interesting that they point out the Louboutins as she could be wearing sneakers under that dress for all anybody knows.

Nicole Richie

In a Reem Acra gown, Lorraine Schwartz jewels, a Judith Leiber bag and Louboutin shoes.

Posted Image

That dress looks like something from a 70's tv show. Not digging it.

Nicole Richie In Control Of Wedding

The reality TV star and the Good Charlotte rocker - who have two children, Harlow, two, and five-month-old Sparrow - announced their engagement last month but admit Nicole is the one in charge of the plans.

Talking about the wedding, Joel said: "It's the same thing as our engagement, we're kind of doing it at our own pace. We have no idea right now."

Nicole then quipped: "Like he has any say."

The couple are also disagreeing what kind of wedding they want.

Joel added: "According to her we'll have a really big wedding. According to me, it will be really small."

Nicole and Joel attended last night's Oscars (07.03.10) together and joked they were set to tie the knot imminently.

When asked about the date of their big day, Nicole deadpanned: "It's tomorrow."

Joel - who performed a DJ set at the ceremony - quipped: "I thought it would be cool to do it here."

Source femalefirst

Nicole Richie, Selma Blair and Kim Kardashian strip for shoot

Nicole Richie, Selma Blair and Kim Kardashian have all stripped off for a star-studded naked photo shoot, which was presided over by Demi Moore and Amanda de Cadenet.

Richie teamed up with the actress and the reality TV star to bare all for an upcoming issue of Harper's Bazaar, with actress-turned-photographer de Cadenet taking the pictures.

Moore accompanied her photographer pal to the shoot on Tuesday and was delighted when her friend let her step behind the camera to snap pictures of the naked women.

She described her day in a post on Twitter, writing, "Helping my pal Amanda de Cadenet (with) her photo shoot for Bazaar -- all nudes showing all types of bodies love it! Especially cuz (because) I'm behind camera!"

Richie later took to Twitter to talk about the shoot, adding, "Thank you Amanda de Cadenet & Mrs. Kutcher (Moore) for such a wonderful, inspiring day. It was an honor being nude for you."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0hvBs8m0I

Nicole Richie pranked Joel Madden and Kim Kardashian with Twitter attacks

Nicole Richie pulled an April Fools' prank on fiance Joel Madden and pal Kim Kardashian - by hacking into their Twitter accounts and posting a string of naughty messages.

The socialite took over the Twitter accounts of Madden - the father of her two children - on Thursday, sending tweets to Dolly Parton, Sharon Osbourne, Paula Abdul and Ashley Tisdale.

Richie ensured she would leave her lover red-faced, by telling Osbourne she was "yummy," asking Abdul if Madden could "smell her armpits," and tweeting Parton to see if she had any "milk in those jugs."

And Richie went on to aim her mischievous side at Kardashian, tweeting on the reality star's account, "Sometimes I think I'm a lesbian because HOT DAMN Nicole Richie is fine."

Richie later revealed herself as the culprit - uploading a picture of herself grinning on the top of their Twitter pages.

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0k4Ji1G8F

Organic Mother Nicole Richie

Nicole Richie is "obsessed" with organic food.

The socialite is said to be a "strict" mother to daughter Harlow, two, and seven-month-old son Sparrow - her children with her fiance, Good Charlotte rocker Joel Madden - and is determined to only use natural products when she cooks for them.

She also applies the same principles to other products she buys for her family.

A source said: "Nicole is obsessed with doing everything she can to try to keep her children healthy and safe.

"She insists on everything being organic. The food, the diapers, the clothing. She's always at Whole Foods.

"Her parents let her do whatever she wanted. Now she has strict rules."

Nicole - who grows her own vegetables - has also banned the use of mobile phones around her children because she is worried about the effect it could have on them.

The source added to Life and Style magazine: "She thinks the radiation can be damaging and won't let cell phones near her kids."

Nicole has also revealed she uses chlorine-free, non-toxic and hypoallergenic diapers for her children, as well as taking other steps not to damage the environment while caring for her youngsters.

She explained: "We don't use baby wipes - we use cloth with water."

Nicole previously revealed her priorities have changed since having children.

She said: "When you have the kids, everything changes doesn't it? It sounds cheesy to say, but it does.

"Your whole life changes and your priorities change 100 per cent... in the best way possible."

Source femalefirst