Kath

British Royals

Yep, at this point (65 days since she was seen?) there is SOMETHING going on - either she refuses or she absolutely cannot  be seen. I don't know what I believe right now. But I don't believe she had a normal surgery with recovery - I think there's a mental health component, a legal component (did Will hurt her? Or is she negotiating her divorce?) etc....

• Like 1

She’s looked painfully thin for a while. Maybe she had IBS or colitis or something. Maybe she had bowel surgery and has a bag (even temporarily) but all of those “worst case, but really is health” situations just don’t negate a carefully staged photo.

• Like 1

Kate Middleton seen for first time in 2 months after undergoing major abdominal surgery

By Caroline Blair

Published March 4, 2024, 2:25 p.m. ET

poster.jpg

Kate Middleton was spotted for the first time in over two months since undergoing abdominal surgery.

The Princess of Wales, 42, was photographed sitting in the passenger seat of a black Audi SUV while her mom, Carole Middleton, drove near Windsor Castle on Monday.

For the outing, Kate tried to keep a low profile while wearing black sunglasses and her hair down.

Kate Middleton sitting in a car11
Kate Middleton was photographed for the first time in over two months since undergoing abdominal surgery. BACKGRID
Kate Middleton and Carole Middleton sitting in a car11
The Princess of Wales was seen sitting in the passenger seat with her mom driving. BACKGRID

Honestly, the pictures look like Pippa to me. But maybe it’s just the glasses. 

Edited by dixiedoodah

And she's just sitting in a car, no one has seen her get up/down or walking...

10 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/10/uk/news-agencies-recall-image-of-catherine-princess-of-wales/index.html

This looks so bad. The optics and the health implications. I hope she’s well.

Anyone else thinking all the kids had their fingers crossed??  And that was what was edited out for 2 of the 3 kids??

Social media continues its monstrous influence...

-----

Popbitch

>> Caught in the Middleton <<
No way out for the old guard

When Princess Diana died in 1997, the blame was placed squarely at the feet of the media. The media's excuse – that they were only giving the public what they wanted – was given short shrift, but increasingly it's looking like they may have had a point.

At the moment, we're seeing exactly what happens when an unstoppable appetite for information meets an immovable news vacuum.

Today's privacy laws mean that the only people who can grant permission for the press to discuss the health of Charles and Kate are Charles and Kate themselves. As they're staying (mostly) schtum there can be no reporting on the matter. So, in the absence of detail, papers just resort to one of two modes: strange cheerleading or impotent questioning, both of which result in some truly bizarre stories.

Readers in the comment sections sense this, so whip themselves up into a fury that they are either being told too much – or not enough. Add in the unregulated social media sleuths who can speculate with impunity in a way that the papers can't – occasionally hitting an indisputable bullseye, like with this week's dodgy photo – and you have a perfect storm.

The Photoshop fiasco has shown the serious shortcomings of the modern relationship between the monarchy and the media. And if the public ever do get wind of just how much the Royals have been holding back from them these last few years, then they might properly be screwed.

Kate releases a video (FINALLY) announcing she has cancer: 

I wish her all the best for a quick recovery. But oh my how KP has screwed this up over the past few weeks.

• Like 1

They really did because, while I think everyone spent a few minutes going huh, I wonder what kind of surgery she had - it didn’t really get nuts until William missed the memorial service and they put out the messed up picture. Then people really started going backwards and building it up. The PR team lost the plot there. 

They didn’t even need to say what was wrong with her. They just needed to say something real. I think a lot of people knew from the get that there was probably something relatively serious going on and if they had just said look they have little kids they want to take some time to find out what’s going on so they can explain it well to their kids, anything - anything real feeling probably would’ve stopped this.  The speculation about what she had would’ve been there but not the crazy conspiracy theories. 

I think in general, the bulk of the population is still very sensitive to Diana’s boys and not wanting to repeat history with those children They could have done the bare minimum to get the sympathy and cooperation of 99% of the public. The crackpots will always be there  

I don’t know exactly the right way to do that, but I don’t get paid to either, and at that level, those people should be much better than this.

All of that being said, I do hope that history doesn’t repeat itself for those kids. I hope whatever happens, William remembers how he was handled and does better for his kids. I guess maybe this was his effort to do so? Maybe he tied the hands of the PR people? I don’t know. I just know it was not done well. 

‘Very unwell’ King Charles’ funeral plans reportedly being updated amid cancer battle: ‘It’s not good’

By
Social Links for Nicki Gostin
Published April 25, 2024, 5:30 p.m. ET

https://pagesix.com/2024/04/25/royal-family/king-charles-funeral-plans-being-updated-amid-cancer-battle/