princess

Julia Roberts

Guest saltandpepper

I bet Oprah has already been on the phone to Julia setting up the show.The dialogue will go something along the line of Julia saying she was "born" to bear his children.Oprah will agree and set up a 2 million dollar first birthday party for the twins.Also on split screen behind Oprah and Julia they will have glowing comments from all her friends expounding on how wonderful Julia is, how these twins are going to be a baby movie star and a baby cameraman. Tina Turner will be there as a surprise and sing "What's Love Got To Do With It" and dedicate it to the happy couple.To close the show under each audience member's chair will be a laminated Xerox of her home pregnancy test, a tee shirt that says "I saw Julia and Oprah!" and a chocolate replica of Julia's oscar. :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by saltandpepper

histar.comJulia Roberts brought filming on OCEAN'S TWELVE in Amsterdam to a halt. It seems the problem was that Julia felt the local extras were too beautiful and the pregnant actress forced the director to stop the shoot until they could find less attractive replacements.

people.com

Word from the Ocean's Twelve set in Rome is that Julia Roberts' s pregnancy is beginning to show. "It's so funny ? Julia has a little belly. You can see it today for the first time in this short black coat she's wearing," says a crew member.

Posted Image

Is that Julia Roberts and Matt Damon hiding behind those sunglasses? Actually, the actors are in character on the Rome set of Ocean's Twelve. And if it looks like mom-to-be Roberts's belly has blossomed dramatically, it has ? sort of. She needed extra padding to make her appear seven months pregnant, like her character.

Maine Fans Trying to Spot Julia Roberts

Jun 22, 3:02 PM EST

MSN.com

The Associated Press

PORTLAND, Maine -- Old Orchard Beach may not strike many people as looking like the California coast, but that's what it will be serving as in a new movie being filmed in Portland.

The independent movie "Straight Out of Compton 2" is being shot this week in Portland and southern Maine, said Lea Girardin, director of the Maine Film Office.

Girardin said filmmakers will be in Maine for two or three weeks, shooting interior office scenes in Portland and exteriors at Old Orchard Beach, which will pass for California beach scenes.

For some movie fans, the most exciting part may be the chance to spot its director of photography, Danny Moder, especially if he's accompanied by his wife, Julia Roberts.

She's reportedly taking a break from filming "Ocean's Twelve," the sequel to "Ocean's Eleven," in Rome to visit her husband in Portland.

Bill Wilson and his three teenage daughters were among the people who flocked to the lobby of the Eastland Hotel Sunday, hoping for a glimpse of Roberts. Wilson later spotted her getting into a silver sports car.

"We didn't see her again," he said. "I think my daughters want to go back."

Roberts, 36, is pregnant with twins. She's expected to give birth early next year.

http://celebritybabies.blogspot.com/

Julia to take 5 year maternity leave

Pregnant actress Julia Roberts will quit her Hollywood career for "at least five years" to focus on raising her twins once they're born. The star is so excited about the impending prospect of motherhood, she plans to take a break from the movie industry once filming wraps on eagerly-awaited sequel Ocean's Twelve this month.

Roberts and her husband Danny Moder are expecting their babies early next year. A pal says, "She's waited to be a mother for so long and now it's happening, she wants to devote herself entirely."She's filming Ocean's Twelve but after that she's going to slow down, ready for the birth."

From SouthFlorida.com

CAT FIGHT ON FILM SETA celebrity cat fight appears to have livened things up on the Italian set of Ocean's 12.Hollywood insiders say co-stars Catherine Zeta Jones and Julia Roberts almost came to blows during filming of the crime caper.The Daily Star quoted industry sources as saying the pair fell out over costumes, lighting and VIP perks. Roberts, who worked on Ocean's 11 with Brad Pitt and George Clooney, is believed to have erupted in a jealous rage. "Things really started to hot up when Julia compared her costume with Catherine's," said one insider. "Julia was supposed to be seven months pregnant in the film, but when she saw Catherine's glamorous outfits she demanded the whole scenario be changed." Sources told the paper the production threatened to go way over budget as bosses went out of their way to humour their leading ladies. At one stage, it seems, mansions had to be hired for the cast while scenes were shot in Chicago. Roberts is reported to have made a point of having one to herself - behaviour that was seen as distinctly "diva-ish"http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-13163971,00.html

people.com OFFERED: The "For Sale" sign is back on Julia Roberts's 3,000-sq.-ft., four-bedroom, lower Fifth Avenue co-op, reports the New York Observer. Actress Ellen Barkin had planned to purchase the place, which had an asking price of $4.9 million (monthly maintenance fee: $3,947), but that deal apparently didn't go through. The Roberts pad is described in its listing as having three renovated bedrooms, a new eat-in kitchen, a library and a maid's room. As for a New York base, Roberts, 36, who is expecting twins early next year with husband Danny Moder, is said to own several apartments in the Gramercy Park area.

Posted Image

celebritybabies.blogspot.com

This is the first photo I've seen of Julia Roberts' actual belly. In all the other photos, she's hiding it with a bag or wearing extremely baggy clothing. She doesn't look too excited. She's only 5 months here- you can only imagine how enormous that belly will be in another few months.

According to Star, she will be naming the fraternal twins Tyler and Ella.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielle/427546/

(click link above for larger picture)

Julia Roberts Makes Baby Talk with Oprah

Thursday Oct 14, 2004 12:00pm EST

By Shia Kapos

people.com

Posted Image

CREDIT: AP PHOTO/HARPO PRODUCTIONS, INC, GEORGE BURNS

She's six months pregnant with twins and, says Julia Roberts, she has not experienced a case of morning sickness. But on Oct. 6 a feeling of queasiness crept up on the 36-year-old mother-to-be, PEOPLE reports in its latest issue.

Sitting down with Oprah Winfrey for her first TV interview since becoming pregnant, Roberts "was overwhelmed," says an audience member at the taping of the show. "She said she hadn't felt nauseous during her pregnancy until today, with all the energy and applause from the audience."

After taking several months off to nest with husband Danny Moder, 35, the actress is hitting the promotional circuit again, for two upcoming films. Roberts stars in the romantic drama Closer (Dec. 3) with Clive Owen and Natalie Portman, who joined her on the set of Oprah. She'll then be seen in the all-star cast of Ocean's Twelve (Dec. 10). She has also been busy recording voice-overs for AOL's new TV ads, which began airing this month.

But for Roberts, what's on her mind are the babies ? a boy and a girl, she told Winfrey ? due in January. She recently bought matching T-shirts (one pink, the other blue) at a Taos boutique near her 82-acre ranch in New Mexico, and she's maintaining her expanding figure with Pilates classes.

Though some things are out of her control ? the kicking on the right side of her belly, or her changing laugh, which she says now makes her sound like a hearty truck driver ? her pregnancy has been "very empowering," she told Winfrey.

"She's optimistic and excited about being a mom," says an Oprah audience member. "She wants to spread her love to those two babies."

histar.com

OK, JULIA ROBERTS may be "America's sweetheart," and her husband DANNY MODER may be a "lucky schmo," but this is RIDICULOUS. Apparently, Danny has taken to wearing an "EMPATHY BELLY" ... the purpose of which is, quote, "so that his heavily pregnant wife doesn't feel all alone in her unwieldy condition." Danny wore the belly in front of friends recently, and everybody agreed that married life had, quote, "changed him."

From IMDB.com

Grant Mocks Roberts' "Big Mouth"

British actor Hugh Grant prompted Oprah Winfrey to jump to her pal Julia Roberts' defense on Friday, after he mocked the Oscar-winning actress' "big mouth". Grant appeared on Winfrey's chat show to promote his upcoming movie Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason alongside Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth, when he was asked to share his thoughts on his Notting Hill co-star, Roberts. He quipped, "Very big-mouthed! Literally, physically, she has a very big mouth. It is a very big mouth. When I was kissing her I was aware of a faint echo." As Winfrey stifled her laughter, she said, "She's one of the nicest people I ever met." Grant jokingly hit back, "I wouldn't go that far..." He also poked fun at his other leading ladies, branding Emma Thompson a real-life man and declaring that Julianne Moore hates him.

Julia Roberts Hospitalized in L.A.

Tuesday Oct 26, 2004 9:00pm EST

people.com

A pregnant Julia Roberts remains in an L.A. hospital after experiencing a series of early contractions, a source tells PEOPLE.

With husband Danny Moder at her side, Roberts ? who is expecting boy and girl twins in early January ? was admitted Saturday night and hooked up to a fetal monitor. Though her contractions eventually stopped, she remains under observation.

Roberts's condition is not serious, says a source, but her doctors plan to keep her in the hospital for at least the near future and have advised bed rest until she gives birth.

Roberts, who turns 37 on Thursday, originally had planned to gather with friends and family on Sunday for a baby shower, so at around noon that day the party came to her hospital room instead.

As for her future? No Pilates classes, for starters. But it's still unclear how her condition will affect the press tour she had planned for her upcoming films Ocean's Twelve and Closer.

Julia Roberts in hospital until she gives birthBy Angela BaldassarreActress Julia Roberts has to stay in hospital until she gives birth to her twins in January.Doctors at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre are said to have told the actress she may have to remain on bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy, in order to protect her health and that of her unborn babies.But, despite the news, Julia — whose husband Danny Moder has set up a spare bed in her room — is in good spirits. A source said: "Julia knows she is getting the best possible care and is doing everything right to help her babies. The doctors are very happy with her but they don't want to take any chances. Danny has been brilliant. He is there for her every step of the way. Basically, Julia has been advised to stay off her feet until she delivers. She can't even do Pilates."Last month, Julia, 37, was admitted to the hospital after experiencing early contractions. She was immediately rushed to the medical centre over fears she was going into labour two months early. Earlier this year, it was revealed Julia's babies will be a boy and a girl.Roberts will be seen next in “Closer” starring Jude Law, and “Ocean’s Twelve,” opposite George Clooney.

Julia Roberts Nixes Baby Registry and Baby Trouble Rumors

Mon, Nov 22, 2004, 10:11 PM PT

By Mike Szymanski

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -- Julia Roberts says recent reports about trouble with her pregnancy are greatly exaggerated, and contrary to reports, she's not registered for baby gifts.

Instead, in an exclusive phone interview with Zap2it.com on Monday (Nov. 22), Roberts seems bubbly and jocular about her upcoming twins and the toll they're taking on her movie star body.

"Let me tell you something, my babies weigh six pounds each, that's 12 pounds just of baby right now and I still have miles to go before I sleep -- with them," Roberts says. She gave the interview along with her "Closer" co-stars Natalie Portman, Jude Law and Clive Owen, who were talking to her for the first time since reports that she was hospitalized Oct. 23 in Los Angeles after experiencing contractions.

About her twins, she says, "They're huge, they're bionic, it's pretty amazing. My stomach is enormous and the bigger it gets the smaller my ass looks so I'm kind of enjoying it."

Roberts, 36, and her husband Danny Moder are expecting to be first-time parents in January. She already knows she is having a boy and a girl.

Other media outlets have reported a public baby gift registry for the expectant couple on BabysRUs.com, and it's even mentioned in a chat area on the site for her movie, "Closer," which is about a relationship that starts up through the Internet.

The Registry #83600687 has both the parent's names, a Jan. 16 arrival date for twins, a Taos, N.M. address and a personal note saying, "I absoultly [sic] love all my fans and wanted to give them a chance to be a part of something wonderful in my & Danny's life! We can not [sic] wait for our little boy & girl!"

Roberts says adamantly, "I don't have one, I'm not registered for anything, I don't have a baby registry." She went on to explain that this is exactly the reason why she never looks up anything on the Internet -- especially about herself.

A representative from Amazon.com, which is hosting the BabysRUs registry, says they've had no complaints about the registry so far but are looking into the situation. Already, nearly $100 of items have been purchased as gifts.

Roberts can next be seen spoofing her own persona and her pregnancy in the heist sequel "Ocean's Twelve" opening Dec. 10. Soon after the birth, she will begin filming the comedy "Seven-Year Switch" with "Closer" director Mike Nichols.

"I feel great," insists Roberts. "Much more has been made out of it and my baby registry, just about everything has been an exaggeration, but I'm using it as an excuse to get out of work though," she laughs.

"It's weird when they get it right," she adds.

Sony Pictures' "Closer" is scheduled for release on Friday, Dec. 3.

Julia Roberts Has Her TwinsUPDATED: 1:10 PM PST November 28, 2004LOS ANGELES -- Access Hollywood has confirmed with Julia Roberts' publicist Marcy Engeleman that the actress has given birth to twins -- a boy and a girl -- in a Los Angeles hospital.The 37-year-old actress, who is married to cameraman Danny Moder, 35, gave birth at about 3 a.m. Sunday morning. No other details were immediately available.Late last month, Roberts was admitted to a Los Angeles hospital after experiencing a series of early contractions. The condition was not serious, and the contractions eventually stopped, but doctors advised bed rest until she gave birth.Roberts and Moder have kept a low profile since marrying on July 4, 2002, at her 82-acre ranch in Taos, N.M. The decidedly private couple split time between their homes in Taos, Venice, Calif., and New York City.Twins, it turns out, run in Roberts' family: Her great-grandmother and a pair of cousins are twins.Roberts has two movies opening next month: "Ocean's Twelve," with George Clooney and Brad Pitt, and "Closer," an adult drama directed by Mike Nichols.

I hope Mom and babies are doing well. Aren't they a little early..weren't they due in January..

EOnline.com

ULIA'S TWINS Julia Roberts has given birth to her twins. Hazel Patricia and Phinnaeus Walter were born to the 37 year-old Oscar winning star and her husband, cinematographer Danny Moder early Sunday at a Los Angeles hospital. Roberts' publicist told the Associated Press "mother and babies are doing great," but did not release any more details about the girl and boy, who were not due until January.

Yup, you were right. Three months early...