Sign in to follow this  
princess

Naomi Campbell

Hollywood News

Naomi Campbell's dirty linen to be auctioned!

Washington, Mar 15 : English supermodel Naomi Campbell will auction the clothes she will wear while mopping floors in New York City's sanitation department.

In early 2007, a Manhattan court judge ordered the stroppy Briton to undergo five days of community service, after she threw a phone at her maid servant.

Campbell, who will begin her sentence on March 19, will donate the money raised from the auction to a children's charity organization.

'They'll go straight to the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund,' Contactmusic quoted Campbell, as saying.

Meanwhile, the model reportedly expressed remorse over her temper tantrums, and vowed to refrain from violent outbursts in the first anger management class she was required to attend recently.

A judge ordered her to do the anger management course after she pleaded no contest to a misdemeanour suit by her housekeeper, who had to get four stitches on her head after Campbell threw her mobile phone at her.

--- ANI

panachereport.com

Supermodel Naomi Campbell has been spotted with Gerard Butler, star of the blockbuster film “300.” According to Canada.com, Naomi and Gerard attended the Sony Ericsson Open tennis match in Miami and quietly met up in New York.“ She came out of the hotel first and got into a waiting SUV,” an eyewitness told canada.com. “Then a few minutes later, Gerard came out and got into the vehicle. And when they arrived back, they got out of either side of the vehicle and went into the hotel separately.”

Plus, Naomi Campbell and ‘300’ star Gerard Butler reportedly a couple

By Jeannette Walls

MSNBC

Model couple

Has Naomi Campbell finally met her match?

The cell phone-hurling supermodel has been spending time with Gerard Butler, the spear-hurling star of “300,” according to Canada.com.

The new twosome have apparently been going to great lengths to avoid coverage of their budding relationship.

“[Campbell] came out of the hotel first and got into a waiting SUV,” an “eyewitness” told canada.com. “Then a few minutes later, Gerard came out and got into the vehicle. And when they arrived back, they got out of either side of the vehicle and went into the hotel separately.”

From imdb.com today...

Campbell Humbled by Community Service

Naomi Campbell's recent community service was a "humbling" experience for the supermodel. In her first full interview since her five-day stint as a cleaner at New York's sanitation department, the British model admits she learned a lot of lessons on the job. She tells news show Access Hollywood, "It was humbling and I just got to be with people and learn a lot about people that I would never really get to meet in my job. Everyone was well mannered and very straight up with me and I was straight up with them." Campbell, who was sentenced to serve the community as punishment for throwing a mobile phone at former housekeeper Ana Scolavino, reveals she "swept" and "cleaned walls and tables and offices" as part of her daily grind. But the model insists she didn't clean toilets, as previously reported. Campbell does, however, admit reports she made a special friend during her community service are true: "He's become a friend of mine - he and his wife... I got to have dinner with he (sic) and his wife during that week, which was really nice." And the model now admits she's in a great place in her life after curbing her temper tantrums: "I'm in an honest place with myself. I think, like, seven years ago, I was in a place of denial, which I'm not in anymore. I think I've had to look at the people I have around me and I need honesty in my life today... I don't have any yes people left in my life."

May 7, 2007 -- NAOMI Campbell's latest arm candy is dashing hotel mogul, and Uma Thurman's recent ex, Andre Balazs. Though insiders say the two are not a couple, they were spotted last week at Waverly Inn having a cozy dinner, which was briefly broken up when Donna Karan plopped down to chat with the dinner daters. Later, Balazs brought Campbell to Kelly Killoren Bensimon's birthday party at Pop Burger, though a spy said, "They weren't really together there."

page six

Uma Thurman's Ex Is Brave

Filed under: Naomi Campbell

Posted ImagePosted Image

Uma Thurman's ex, hotel guy Andre Balazs, is hardcore - he's taken up with Naomi Campbell! That's Crocodile Hunter right there!

Naomi Campbell's latest arm candy is dashing hotel mogul, and Uma Thurman's recent ex, Andre Balazs. Though insiders say the two are not a couple, they were spotted last week at Waverly Inn having a cozy dinner, which was briefly broken up when Donna Karan plopped down to chat with the dinner daters. Later, Balazs brought Campbell to Kelly Killoren Bensimon's birthday party at Pop Burger, though a spy said, "They weren't really together there."

This is totally a non-story because they're not a couple, but still. Even if you're just having a friendly dinner with her - you forget to pass the salt, she sticks a fork in your hand and throws Tabasco sauce in your eyes. You don't want to turn your back on her for a minute. I'd have a Taser in my jacket at all times!

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/07/uma_th...ex_is_brave.php

NAOMI Campbell bared her soul in a diary she kept during her community service — and revealed she ENJOYED cleaning up.

The supermodel, forced to scrub a New York Sanitation Department garage after hitting a maid with a mobile, wrote: “I find solace in sweeping.”

She went on: “I have no other responsibility. I have no phone. I have the time to think. Just have, you know, peace.”

Mixing with co-workers gave her a sense of perspective. Naomi, 36, wrote: “Two of the people in the room have never been on a plane. They ask me what it’s like, and I’m embarrassed to tell them I was on seven planes the week before alone. It’s so interesting to get to know so many different sorts of people.”

London-born Naomi believes the five-day punishment in March helped her come to terms with addictions.

She wrote: “One co-worker tells me how he ended up here, basically because of alcohol. I bond with him, and I tell him I’m in recovery.”

She admitted first dabbling with drugs at 23. She recalled: “I first sought treatment in 1999 and then went in and out of recovery.

“I’d think I had things under control, but then I would relapse. I never really looked into myself, deep below the surface. What I came to realise is that I had to surrender. I had to let something higher than me be in control of my destiny. You have to let yourself become vulnerable again.

“Some people can handle a drink or a line of cocaine, but I’ve finally come to realise that, for me, it’s all or nothing — and it has to be nothing. And my life has changed since.”

On her final day Naomi left the garage in a sequined silver evening gown. In the diary — to be published in US fashion magazine W — she wrote: “I’ve paid my debt to society. It’s just one day at a time. That’s how I’m going to live.”

The Sun Online - News: Confessions of a scrubber

Naomi Campbell Liked Sweeping

Filed under: Naomi Campbell

Posted Image

Naomi kept a diary for "W" magazine about her community service sentence, and how it all went. Deep thoughts by a psychotic model pushing a broom. Apparently, she found it very Zen.

The supermodel, forced to scrub a New York Sanitation Department garage after hitting a maid with a mobile, wrote: "I find solace in sweeping."

She went on: "I have no other responsibility. I have no phone. I have the time to think. Just have, you know, peace."

Mixing with co-workers gave her a sense of perspective. Naomi, 36, wrote: "Two of the people in the room have never been on a plane. They ask me what it's like, and I'm embarrassed to tell them I was on seven planes the week before alone. It's so interesting to get to know so many different sorts of people."

zzzzzzzzzzzzwha? Keep reading for where she talks about her "addictions" and how she blames her crazy on booze and drugs.

London-born Naomi believes the five-day punishment in March helped her come to terms with addictions.

She wrote: "One co-worker tells me how he ended up here, basically because of alcohol. I bond with him, and I tell him I'm in recovery."

She admitted first dabbling with drugs at 23. She recalled: "I first sought treatment in 1999 and then went in and out of recovery.

"I'd think I had things under control, but then I would relapse. I never really looked into myself, deep below the surface. What I came to realise is that I had to surrender. I had to let something higher than me be in control of my destiny. You have to let yourself become vulnerable again.

"Some people can handle a drink or a line of cocaine, but I've finally come to realise that, for me, it's all or nothing -- and it has to be nothing. And my life has changed since."

Does coke make you violent, and cause you to hurl cellphones at people's heads? I thought it just made you red-faced and speedy. Was she on PCP then? Would she eventually have hurled herself out a window like Helen Hunt in a bad early 80's after-school special?

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/08/naomi_...ed_sweeping.php

Naomi Campbell Was Busy Doing Community Service And Making Money At The Same Time

Filed under: Naomi Campbell , Photo Shoot

Posted Image

These are the pics Naomi did while serving her community service. The only halfway interesting one is her scarfing that hot dog because it makes me happy that models eat. Then again, she's a certified crazy one so the eating thing is all part of her psychosis. Do you think she'll donate the money "W" paid her for these to some NYC charity to complete her karmic payback for beating her maid or whatever? Don't bet on it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/10/naomi_...e_same_time.php

Source: Starpulse News Blog

05/13/07

Naomi Campbell Plans Therapy Sessions With Her Mother

Supermodel Naomi Campbell's mom is making up for months away from the beauty as a child - by agreeing to join her in therapy. The catwalk model, who never knew her father, admits she largely grew up on her own because her mom, a ballet dancer, had to leave the young Naomi at home while she traveled.

Campbell recalls, "She left me with a nanny from the time I was three until I was 12. I'm sure it wasn't easy for her to leave me, but she was a single mother and she had to work. I can't imagine the pain she felt when my father abandoned us. I would see her on vacations, when she would pop over for a few days. It was always a delight to see my beautiful young mother. How happy I'd be when she picked me up from school."

But there's no distance between Campbell and her mother, Valerie, now - they share everything together.

The model adds, "Recently, my mother agreed to go into therapy with me." Campbell tells W magazine the mother and daughter therapy sessions will begin when she's eliminated all the negative elements from her life: "It's something I wanted for a long time but haven't started because now I need to get myself on the right path first."

Supermodel Naomi Campbell was so "traumatized" by the 1997 murder of her designer pal Gianni Versace, his death sent her spiraling into drug and alcohol addiction.

The British catwalk star, 37, claims her constant partying and boozing following the brutal death of the Italian fashion designer was the result of the pressures of fame - a downfall which was triggered by Versace's passing.

She says, "That traumatized me... the way he was killed. "I partied when I wanted to, burning the candles at both ends. It put me spiritually and emotionally on my knees." Versace was gunned down outside his home in Miami Beach, Florida, in July 1997.

Source: Panachereport.com

Smile Through The Anger

http://www.dlisted.com/

Naomi Campbell was all smiles through the GQ Awards last night. I'm guessing she learned that in Anger Management. Keep a smile on your face and you'll be less likely to want to rip a skank's weave off. You know Naomi just wanted to stick her Blackberry down Elle's throat. I can see it in her eyes. You can't wash away bitch. I've tried...yeah with bleach and everything....it doesn't come out. Yeah, I tried Oxy too...it gets some spots out, but not the whole...ANYWAYS!

Elle Macpherson was caught "canoodling" with Sir Paul McCartney during the show. Don't let poor Renee Zellweger see this. She probably thought she finally found a man! The bird is gonna have to fly off to another nest.

Oh and Elle has had to some work, right?! Bitch looks hot, well hot in the bod.

Posted Image

Naomi Campbell uncovers British Vogue 'snub'

Top black stylemakers pulled no punches Friday at a panel discussion that accused some top names in fashion of racism.

But in a thought-provoking discussion involving Iman, Andre Leon Talley, Tracy Reese and others, Naomi Campbell stole the show with remarks that make us wonder what, again, is she smoking?

"I've never been on the cover of British Vogue and I've asked a million times and they've always refused me," Campbell insisted at the Blacks in Fashion event.

"They'll put the same white model for half the year — I swear like six times, but wouldn't put me on once in my own country. But I still want my British Vogue cover!"

For the record, since 1987 Naomi has been on the cover of British Vogue eight times: twice with other models, once posing with Diddy and five times by herself.

That bizarre comment aside, Campbell spoke some hard truths about being a person of color in the fashion industry.

"The only time they care about black models is in February [black History Month]," she said.

"Linda [Evangelista] and Christy [Turlington] would go to big designers and say, 'If you don't pick Naomi to be in your show, then I don't want to be in it.' That's how I got Prada and Helmut [Lang]."

She also said she appeared on the cover of French Vogue only because Yves Saint Laurent "called up ... and told them he'd pull his ads if they didn't. So of course I got the cover."

It must really have been a big deal — she remembers that one!

Source: NY Daily News

I Thought Halloween Was Over?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think Naomi Campbell might drink Robitussin for breakfast because I really can’t figure out what else would prompt someone to wear something like this. Naomi wore her catsuit/large thong to the 30th b-day of British socialite Davinia Taylor at The Colour Rooms.

Campbell Dating Race Car Driver?

British supermodel Naomi Campbell has sparked rumors she is dating racing driver Lewis Hamilton after the pair were spotted having dinner together.

The 37-year-old catwalk beauty attended a gala dinner in London on Tuesday and was photographed leaving early with the Formula One star before the pair headed to a luxurious restaurant.

The pair were seen entering the China Tang Restaurant at the city's famous Dorchester Hotel.

Campbell first met the 22-year-old bachelor at the GQ magazine Man of the Year Awards in September and said at the time, "I'm really here for Lewis -- he is my man of the year. He has everything."

Campbell Loses Phone at Zeppelin Gig

Supermodel Naomi Campbell is furious after her cell phone was stolen at the Led Zeppelin reunion gig on Monday night.

The catwalk star lost her BlackBerry handset as she rocked on with pal Kate Moss at the reunion concert at London's O2 Arena, and fumed at venue staff when she realized what had happened.

She shouted, "They took my phone with all my numbers. What are you going to do? Find them!"

At one point, Campbell reportedly even appeared to accuse Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl's entourage of the theft.

A source tells Britain's the Daily Mirror, "As soon as she realized her stuff was missing she started screaming and shouting and wildly pointing in the direction of where Grohl was sitting, screeching, 'Have they got it? Have they got it?'"

But Campbell's spokeswoman has played down the incident, saying: "It was a massive inconvenience for Naomi. She still enjoyed the show though."

Campbell Turns to Journalism

Supermodel Naomi Campbell has embarked on a new career after accepting a role as a political reporter for a British publication.

The catwalk beauty, 37, has been commissioned by GQ magazine to conduct interviews with high-profile political figures.

Campbell's first subject has been listed as Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, whom she met earlier this year. She is also rumored to be lining up questions for a possible meeting with reclusive Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

This isn't the first time Campbell has tried out new projects -- since beginning her modeling career at the age of 15, the star released a CD in 1995, has designed clothes and created a popular perfume line, as well as landed cameo roles in several movies including Sacha Baron Cohen's 2002 film, "Ali G Indahouse."

Campbell Turns to Journalism

Supermodel Naomi Campbell has embarked on a new career after accepting a role as a political reporter for a British publication.

The catwalk beauty, 37, has been commissioned by GQ magazine to conduct interviews with high-profile political figures.

Campbell's first subject has been listed as Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, whom she met earlier this year. She is also rumored to be lining up questions for a possible meeting with reclusive Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

This isn't the first time Campbell has tried out new projects -- since beginning her modeling career at the age of 15, the star released a CD in 1995, has designed clothes and created a popular perfume line, as well as landed cameo roles in several movies including Sacha Baron Cohen's 2002 film, "Ali G Indahouse."

A Journalist?????????? She is so mean, who is going to be voluntarily interviewed by her? Whoever is better bring a body guard!

Naomi Campbell Picks Up the Microphone, Doesn't Throw It

Barbara Walters. Christiane Amanpour. Andrea Mitchell. Katie Couric. Lesley Stahl. And, now, Naomi Campbell? The supermodel is trying to join the ranks of modern journalism's most influential women interviewers. Campbell already had a sit-down with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez, and now she's set her sights on infirm and possibly-retiring Cuban leader Fidel Castro. She's on assignment from GQ magazine, and she's "not going to be political." She doesn’t have anything with Castro set up yet, but she's not coming back from Cuba empty-handed. "She'll spend Christmas out there if she has to," reports Daily Telegraph "Spy" columnist Celia Walden. "She also said she'll land [French president Nicolas] Sarkozy in the New Year." Fascinating! This is bound to turn into a great story, of some sort. Wherever she conducts these interviews, let us all hope that there are plenty of witnesses, and lots and lots of cell phones.

nymag

Naomi Campbell Interviews Hugo Chavez

(01-07) 08:32 PST LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) --

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says he likes Prince Charles and thinks President Bush is crazy, in an interview with Naomi Campbell in the British edition of GQ magazine.

The 37-year-old supermodel spoke to Chavez in her role as contributing editor to British GQ, the magazine said. Excerpts were released Monday.

Chavez, who lost a referendum last month that would have greatly expanded his powers and institutionalized his version of "21st-century socialism," gave Campbell his views on a range of subjects.

He said President Bush was "completely crazy. But he's on his way out."

"We're seeing the fall of the empire. ... Like the fairy tale, the emperor is naked," he was quoted as saying.

Asked to name the world's most stylish leader, Chavez chose Cuba's Fidel Castro.

"Fidel, of course! His uniform is impeccable. His boots are polished, his beard is elegant," Chavez said.

Campbell asked if Chavez would appear topless in photos as Russian President Vladimir Putin has done.

"Why not?" he said. "Touch my muscles!"

The Venezuelan leader asked Campbell if she knew Prince Charles.

"I like the Prince," he said. "Now he has Camilla, his new girl. She's not as attractive, is she?"

GQ said Campbell would interview other high-profile figures in politics, sports and entertainment.

The full interview with Chavez is in GQ's February issue, to be released Thursday.

Campbell wrote that she had hoped to get a sense of "Hugo Chavez the man."

"I found him to be fearless, but not threatening or unreasonable," she wrote. "I hope Venezuela's relations with America will improve in the immediate future."

WTF Files: Naomi Is Dating President Chavez?!

Posted Image

Several South American newspapers are reporting that Naomi Campbell is dating President Hugo Chavez. Naomi interviewed him for GQ Magazine and now the two are in love and shit. Hugo reportedly fell "head over heels" in love with Naomi after they met reports once source. I think they got it wrong. She hit him over the head with her heel and then he fell. Yeah, that sounds more like it.

Sources claim they have been dating for two months.

Oh hell no! This is just the first step in Naomi's plan to take over the world. She thinks she's Evita! WEAVEvita! This is kind of hot actually. Naomi as the first lady of Venezuela has a nice ring to it.

Naomi's people have denied the claims, "The interview was a serious portrait for a respected and heavyweight magazine not a lightweight celebrity encounter. The conversation was substantial and the issues discussed were primarily about Mr. Chavez's vision for Venezuela. To suggest that it was anything other than a professional situation is disingenuous and belittles all parties concerned." Yeah right. She's totally doing him.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Top-model Naomi Campbell admitted to hospital in Brazil

Sao Paulo - British top-model Naomi Campbell remained at the Syrian-Lebanese Hospital in Sao Paulo since Sunday, the clinic confirmed Tuesday without making public either the reasons for her admission or the prospects for a release. In an official statement, the hospital said only that the doctor specializing in infectious diseases David Uip was treating Campbell, 37.

In comments to the news website G1, Uip also declined to identify the nature of the model's health problems.

"She was admitted into hospital, she is in my care and that of Professor (Jose Aristodemo) Pinotti, but she did not authorize us to comment on the matter," Uip noted.

Pinotti is a gynaecologist and obstetrician, and is also the executive director of the Syrian-Lebanese Hospital.

The website Folha Online said the top-model underwent surgery on Monday, but did not specify what kind of surgery.