Sign in to follow this  
princess

Naomi Campbell

Campbell Refused As Blood Donor

Naomi Campbell was turned down by authorities in Rio de Janeiro when she offered to donate blood, the BBC reports.

The supermodel had surgery to remove a cyst earlier in the year and doctors in Brazil said donors must wait six months after having an operation before they can give blood.

"Unfortunately I can't give blood for Rio de Janeiro, but I'll surely be back," Campbell said.

She added that she had seen a TV news report in the UK about a dengue fever epidemic in Brazil and had flown out to offer help.

The disease is carried by mosquitos and can prove fatal if not treated. It has already claimed 83 lives in Brazil with Rio being the worst hit area of the country.

Campbell was recently arrested at Heathrow Airport's Terminal 5 after rowing over missing baggage.

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

NAOMI: BA REALLY LOVES ME

Page Six

April 17, 2008 -- TEMPER-tantrum twit Naomi Campbell, who's not known for having a good relationship with the truth, is making things up again. Campbell, banned from British Airways flights after she allegedly spat at a cop over missing luggage at Heathrow, claims airline officials have pleaded with her to fly with them again, but she's refused because of their "complete disrespect for passengers." That comes as news to the airline. "We are not aware of any pleading phone calls to Ms. Campbell," an insider told London's Evening Standard. Meanwhile, the supermodel, trying to repair her image as a deranged hothead, flew to Brazil - in the middle of a mosquito-borne dengue outbreak - to try and give blood at a blood drive, but was turned away because she underwent surgery in February. Campbell, who blamed her arrest at Heathrow on racism, could face up to six months in the slammer.

SUPERMODEL'S SUPERKINDNESS

Page Six

April 21, 2008 --

THERE were apparently no hard feelings for hot-headed hottie Naomi Campbell Saturday when she reunited with the police officers who arrested her at London's Heathrow airport earlier this month. Instead of hitting, spitting or kicking, Campbell decided to kill them with kindness, smiling broadly as she chatted with two officers while leaving a departure lounge. But Campbell did have her bag in tow. Officials said she went ballistic April 3 before a British Airways flight to Los Angeles when one of her luggage pieces apparently got lost. She was abusive to the airline staff and then spat on one of the bobbies trying to calm her down, a London Metropolitan Police source said.

Naomi Campbell: 'I've Had Temper Therapy'

By WENN

Naomi Campbell has undergone therapy to help her control her fiery temper, insisting she is now a calm person. The supermodel insists her recent London arrest for assaulting a police officer during a luggage altercation on board a flight was uncharacteristic - because she actually finds air travel peaceful and relaxing.

She says, "I travel a lot. I love traveling. It's peaceful in the air. Nobody can get me there. What has been written about me is out of the hemisphere. Just wrong. I don't care if they call me a bitch. A bitch is someone defending their rights. I'm a fighter. I've learned to meditate, to give myself some breaks during the day. I've rediscovered my good humor."

Campbell's claim comes on the back of a long history of temper tantrums. Just last year she was sentenced to community service at New York's sanitation department after she was convicted of assaulting her maid with her Blackberry cell phone.

Naomi Campbell attends opening night at Metropolitan Opera

Naomi Campbell smiled for photographers but didn't stop to chat at the opening night of the Metropolitan Opera's new production of "La Fille du Regiment (The Daughter of the Regiment)."

Campbell wore a high-waisted black pantsuit designed by Yves Saint Laurent, which sponsored Monday night's gala benefit.

The 37-year-old supermodel was arrested earlier this month on suspicion of assaulting an officer after police were called to a disturbance at Heathrow Airport in London.

Witnesses said Campbell was aboard a British Airways plane due to depart for Los Angeles when she became involved in a dispute because one of her bags had been lost. During the dispute, Campbell, who has a history of assaulting assistants and employees, allegedly spit on the officer.

Campbell wasn't talking at the Met Opera event, but Rufus Wainwright was. The singer said he was shocked by reports that British Airways may have banned Campbell.

"I thought she was banned from Britain at one point but she's so strong she'll probably swim over," he jokingly told The Associated Press.

Diane Kruger, Eva Mendes, Ginnifer Goodwin, Emmy Rossum and Leighton Meester were also among those who attended the event.

Kruger arrived with Joshua Jackson, who was clad in a black velvet YSL evening jacket.

"Every day is a date night," Kruger said. "But I'm happy he's coming. He's never been (to the opera) so he's not sure what to expect."

Jackson, who agreed that he is an opera novice, said he was happy to be able to spend time with Kruger.

"This is a very grown-up date night for us," he told the AP.

Copyright © 2008 The Associated Press.

Naomi Campbell to appear in 'Ugly Betty' season finale

Naomi Campbell is getting "Ugly."

The supermodel will appear in ABC's "Ugly Betty," according to actress Becki Newton. A representative for ABC confirmed Wednesday that Campbell would play herself in the second season finale.

"She's going to be in our last episode, which is exciting," Newton told The Associated Press at the launch party for the new Sunglass Hut store design. "I've personally requested that I don't stand next to her because Amanda would not like to be seen with such a tall, pretty person."

Newtown, who stars as sassy receptionist Amanda Sommers on "Ugly Betty," isn't sure if she'll actually have scenes with the 37-year-old supermodel, who was arrested earlier this month on suspicion of assaulting an officer after police were called to a disturbance at Heathrow Airport in London.

Campbell was originally announced as a guest star last year but didn't appear in the first season or the beginning of the second season, which was cut short because of the writers' strike. Other "Ugly Betty" guest stars have included Victoria Beckham and Gene Simmons, who played himself and was revealed to be Amanda's father. Newton said Simmons will reprise his role in an upcoming episode.

ABC had previously announced the series will return for a third season.

___

Model Naomi Campbell Charged With Assaulting Police Officer

Naomi Campbell has been charged with assaulting a police officer at London's Heathrow Airport, her lawyer told BBC News Thursday.

She has also been charged with one count of disorderly conduct and one count of using threatening, abusive words or behavior towards cabin crew.

The model, 38, was arrested in April aboard a British Airways flight when she threw a fit after her carry-on bags came up missing.

"Miss Campbell is bitterly disappointed that the prosecutors have advised her she is to be prosecuted for various offences," her lawyer said in a statement after she answered bail at a London police station Thursday.

"She respects that decision and she hopes this matter is dealt with expeditiously," he said.

She is due in court June 20.

Last year, Campbell was ordered to spend a week mopping floors at a NYC warehouse for assaulting her maid with a cell phone.

Naomi Campbell charged in London airport incident

Naomi Campbell has been charged with assaulting two police officers during an alleged luggage rage incident at Heathrow Airport, her lawyer and prosecutors said Thursday.

The 38-year-old supermodel was charged when she reported to Heathrow police station to answer bail over the April 3 fracas, lawyer Simon Nicholls said.

The Crown Prosecution Service said Campbell faced six charges — three counts of assaulting a constable, two counts of using threatening, abusive words or behavior to the cabin crew and one count of disorderly conduct. Police said the assault charges related to two officers.

Campbell was ordered to appear at a west London magistrates' court June 20.

Witnesses said Campbell was aboard a British Airways plane due to take off for Los Angeles when she became involved in a dispute over her luggage. Tens of thousands of bags had been separated from their owners at Heathrow's Terminal 5 after its chaotic opening in late March.

Campbell was removed from the plane and held for eight hours at the airport police station before being released on bail.

She arrived at the police station Thursday in a chauffeur-driven Mercedes. She left without speaking, but her lawyer said the supermodel was "bitterly disappointed" that she had been charged.

"Prosecutors in this case have decided she needs to be prosecuted in the magistrates court. She respects that decision and she hopes this matter is dealt with expeditiously," Nicholls said.

The assault charges carry a maximum sentence of six months in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000. The other charges are punishable by a fine.

Campbell has a history of assaulting assistants and employees.

In 2000, she pleaded guilty in Toronto to an assault charge for beating an assistant while making a film in Canada in 1998. Under an agreement with prosecutors, Campbell expressed remorse and was released without punishment or a criminal record.

In January 2007, Campbell pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in New York for throwing her cell phone at her maid in a dispute over a missing pair of jeans. She was ordered to do community service and attend a two-day anger-management program.

(This version CORRECTS number of charges to six from five, based on new information from prosecutors. )

Naomi Campbell Sentenced in Air-Rage Assault

Naomi Campbell was sentenced to 200 hours community service and fined $4,500 on Friday after her guilty plea in court, where she admitted to assaulting two police officers in London's Heathrow airport this April, PEOPLE has confirmed.

The supermodel, 38, admitted guilt to four of the six charges she was facing – two counts of assaulting a police officer; one of using threatening, abusive words or behavior to cabin crew; and one of using insulting, abusive, threatening behavior or disorderly conduct likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

The Crown Prosecution Service has decided not to pursue the other two charges.

"Ms. Campbell was aggressive, hostile and violent to people who were simply trying to do their jobs," C.P.S. director Nazir Afzal said in a statement. "Her behavior fell far short of what is acceptable."

The magistrate told Campbell that her behavior aboard the British Airways plane was "reckless."

Before court convened, a rep for the model told press she "regretted" the incident.

Last year, Campbell was ordered to attend anger management classes and complete five days of community service after she pleaded guilty to assault for throwing a cell phone at her housekeeper.

Yup, I'm sure she really "regretted" it now that she has to do 200 hours of service, lol! :D

Campbell Fighting Perfume Lawsuit

Supermodel NAOMI CAMPBELL has lashed out at allegations she cut her former managers out of a perfume deal they helped to negotiate, blasting the accusations as "ridiculous and absurd".

Executives at Moodform Mission recently filed a lawsuit in a Manhattan, New York court claiming Campbell has failed to pay them their cut of profits from her fragrance line since last year (08).

The sexy star has launched a range of scents with manufacturers Procter & Gamble over the last nine years, including Cat Deluxe and Seductive Elixir - and Moodform bosses are now after their full share of the money from the fragrances' success.

But Campbell is refusing to bow to their demands - her hotshot lawyer Marty Singer insists it is Moodform executives who are the ones at fault.

He tells TMZ.com, "The lawsuit is nothing more than a preemptive strike since Moodform knows that my client has substantial claims against Moodform and their principals for millions of dollars for breaching their fiduciary duties among other acts of misconduct."

Source contactmusic

Campbell 'Splashes Out For Lover's Birthday'

Naomi Campbell apparently spent thousands of pounds on her boyfriend for his birthday.

The supermodel, who has been dating Russian billionaire Vladislav Doronin for about a year, reportedly chartered a private jet to whisk him to Morocco for 24 hours.

A friend told The Mirror: "Naomi was determined to spoil Vladislav and he was thrilled with the surprise. It may seem a bit of an extravagant step for just one night, but she really wanted to celebrate with him in style."

The 39-year-old flew on to Abu Dhabi and Tanzania the next day to complete her charity work for the White Ribbon Alliance.

Campbell said of Morocco: "This is the most romantic place, I love everything about it. I'm so busy and excited about the White Ribbon Alliance."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Naomi Campbell speaks out about 'assault' drama

Naomi Campbell was stunned to be accused of assaulting her driver on Tuesday - because she's worked "very hard" to control her notorious temper.

Chauffeur Miodrag Mejdina allegedly told New York police that Campbell slapped him around the head, causing him to hit the steering wheel. Officers then asked the model to come forward to answer to the claims, after she allegedly fled the scene on foot.

No further action was taken after the driver refused to press charges, insisting the incident had been "blown out of proportion." Now Campbell has opened up about the fuss, insisting the accusations have left her devastated.

In a statement, she says, "I was accused of unacceptable behavior towards a driver in New York. I have worked very hard on correcting my previous wrongdoings and I will not be held hostage to my past.

"I try to treat everyone with respect and I am pleased the driver has apologized. I would like to put the last few days behind me and move on."

The 39 year old carried out a 200-hour community service sentence in 2008 as punishment for assaulting two police officers on a British Airways flight at London's Heathrow Airport. She also underwent anger management classes in relation to a 1998 assault on her then assistant with a telephone.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Naomi Campbell 'Embarrassed' By Past

Naomi Campbell is "highly embarrassed" about her past.

The supermodel - who has been involved in several high-profile incidents surrounding her bad temper - admits she has made a lot of mistakes over the years but has vowed to move forward and learn from them.

She said: "Everyone knows what I've gone through. I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've come clean on them all. I don't deny them. I've taken the heat and felt highly embarrassed by a lot of them. I'm not proud of the things I've done and the incidents that have happened in my life, and I would never say I was. But I did something about it. I'm not above learning lessons.

"I'm not shirking blame for any of the things I did. I'm responsible for my actions. But I'm also responsible for making changes."

In 2000, Naomi pleaded guilty to assaulting her personal assistant and in 2003 she was sued by another assistant who claimed she had thrown her mobile telephone at her. Just a year later, the 39-year-old beauty was accused of slapping her maid around the face and in 2005 another personal assistant accused Naomi of hitting her over the head with her BlackBerry phone.

In 2006, the catwalk beauty was arrested after she threw a jewel-encrusted mobile telephone at her housekeeper.

She was arrested again in April 2008 at London's Heathrow airport on suspicion of assaulting a police officer after one of her suitcases went missing.

Despite her turbulent past, Naomi is determined to learn from her "faults" as she approaches her 40th birthday on May 22.

She added to Live magazine: "I'm not perfect. I'm very much a work in progress. But I'm trying. I'm working on my faults. That's all you can do - work on them.

"I've worked very hard on correcting my previous wrongdoings and I won't be held hostage by my past behaviour. I always try to treat people with respect.

"I've matured. I stop myself from getting tired and burnt out. I want a quieter life today. I've been through the party scene. You get older and your life changes. Things that matter to you when you're 20 don't matter so much when you're approaching 40."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Naomi Campbell: 'I've changed'

Naomi Campbell is adamant she's a changed woman - the British supermodel is "embarrassed" by her past but has "learned" from her mistakes.

The catwalk beauty has been embroiled in a series of scandals over the years - she carried out a 200-hour community service sentence in 2008 after assaulting two police officers at London's Heathrow Airport, and underwent anger management classes following a 1998 attack on her former assistant.

Campbell has also struggled with her party lifestyle, but insists she's maintained her sobriety and is happy to put her past behind her as she approaches her 40th birthday on May 22.

She says, "The period from 1998 until 2005 was very difficult. I had to work out what was important - what I wanted to change and what I wasn't happy with. It's terrifying to look in the mirror and face all your fears.

"Anger wasn't the only one of my issues - I have lots of them. I had to get clean and stay in the AA program. I understand what keeps me on the right path. I don't go every single day; I just go when I need to and I have my sponsor.

"Everyone knows what I've gone through. I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've come clean on them all. I don't deny them. I've taken the heat and felt highly embarrassed by a lot of them. I'm not proud of the things I've done and the incidents that have happened in my life, and I would never say I was. But I did something about it. I'm not above learning lessons.

"I'm not shirking blame for anything I did. I blame myself. I'm responsible for all my actions. But I'm also responsible for making those changes."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iwqO5Wnl

Posted Image

Naomi Campbell reminisces about supermodel camaraderie

sfgate.com

Naomi Campbell is convinced the young catwalk stars of today are missing out because they will never experience the "friendship" and "camaraderie" which existed between supermodels in the 1990s.

The British beauty shot to fame 20 years ago alongside other stars including Claudia Schiffer, Cindy Crawford, Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington.

The exclusive group coined the phrase "supermodels" and Campbell is convinced they shared "something" special during their heyday that will never be repeated in today's cutthroat world of fashion.

She tells Interview magazine, "We were very supportive of one another, my group of girls, and I don't think that happens so much nowadays. ... We would all have our rooms next to one another -- it was like a dorm on tour. Even if we were always in fittings until one or two o'clock in the morning, we didn't care, because we felt like we were part of something. ..."

And Campbell admits she will never forget the kindness shown to her by fellow models Turlington and Evangelista when she was struggling to land jobs.

She adds, "There were certain designers who hadn't used models of color in their shows, and Christy and Linda said to them, 'If you don't take Naomi, then you don't get us.' My friends and comrades stuck up for me -- and that doesn't happen in fashion. I will never forget that. I don't forget what people do. No matter how many years go by, I always remember."

Umm... kinda funny coming fom Naomi :D

Naomi Campbell

Brutally Mugged in Paris

TMZ

Naomi Campbell reportedly suffered a torn ligament in her leg when she was mugged on a street in Paris.

The supermodel was hailing a cab when she was attacked and robbed by multiple assailants reports the NY Post. The attack -- which occurred more than a month ago -- left Campbell in a wheelchair and crutches.

The Post says Campbell's boyfriend, Vladimir Doronin, has upped her security since the incident.

When called for comment about the incident, Campbell told the paper, "I am sorry, I do not talk to press, but I am fine."

Can't believe she didn't beat the attackers ass right there on the street :D

Naomi Campbell

Brutally Mugged in Paris

TMZ

Naomi Campbell reportedly suffered a torn ligament in her leg when she was mugged on a street in Paris. The supermodel was hailing a cab when she was attacked and robbed by multiple assailants reports the NY Post. The attack -- which occurred more than a month ago -- left Campbell in a wheelchair and crutches. The Post says Campbell's boyfriend, Vladimir Doronin, has upped her security since the incident.

When called for comment about the incident, Campbell told the paper, "I am sorry, I do not talk to press, but I am fine."

Can't believe she didn't beat the attackers ass right there on the street :D

Oh, poor Naomi! (Not!) Can't believe she didn't hit them with a cell phone. I mean, if it's good enough for assaulting your hired help, it's certainly good enough for thugs!