Endora

Janet Jackson

Jermaine Dupri Launches Tell-All Book

In his dishy new memoir, Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of A Music Mogul, Jermaine Dupri looks back on his successful producing career and the big names he worked with – to say nothing of the one singer who stole his heart: Janet Jackson.

At Monday night's Manhattan launch of the book, the 35-year-old hip-hop impresario and rapper, with a very svelte Jackson at his side, told PEOPLE: "I'm excited. I get to add the title 'author' to my titles, I guess. ... I can't wait to get to a bookstore and see it tomorrow."

Besides Jackson – who said of her boyfriend's book, "I think it's awesome" – also at the hotspot Marquee to help celebrate the newly published author: rapper Nas and wife Kelis, Boyz II Men and Joey Fatone, who told PEOPLE, "I haven't read the book, but I am excited to read it."

When it comes to having Jackson, 41, with him on his big night, Dupri said that they're always together, "so it's meant to be. … We just have fun."

As for what's next, Dupri said he's about "to finish her album, finish Mariah's album, finish Usher's album. I just did two songs on Jay Z's new album, Nelly, Murphy Lee. Just ... planning for all these records to come out at the first of the year."

In the meantime, there's Young, Rich, and Dangerous: The Making of A Music Mogul, excerpts from which follow here.

On Usher

[in 1997] Usher was a far cry from the sex symbol he became. It was always in him. But that side of him was buried deep. Puberty had been rough on him. He had bad skin until my mom hooked him up with a dermatologist who could take care of his problem. He was spending so much time moped out and not working on himself that he was all skinny. All he ate was junk food. Usher could inhale a box of Krispy Kremes in less than an hour. He was living on greasy s--- like burgers and fried chicken. When he came to my house my mom made us Sloppy Joes and he said he'd never had them before. Home cooking was such a treat, he grabbed the last one!

On Mariah Carey

Even though Mariah always considered herself to be first and foremost a black woman, everyone at the label was scared of her being too urban. She's far from some 'hood rat, but she's definitely a lil' ghetto and she was tired of being the "ballad queen."

On Jay-Z

Gambling is how I bond with people. ... Me and Jay-Z bet on basketball games all the time. One time I lost $15,000 to him. The next week, when he saw me backstage before a performance, the first thing he asked me was, 'Where's my money?' I handed him over a fat wad of Benjamins and stood there while he counted. He ended up spraying most of the bills at the audience when he was onstage.

On Janet Jackson

Life with Janet is just real normal. When we hang out, we hang out at home. She's a homebody. We don't want to be out on the road all the time. ... We drive around the city and watch people. We get take-out. We buy strawberry smoothies from Smoothie King. We watch our shows, The Sopranos and Entourage. If Jan's around on weekends and holidays we hang out with my [9-year-old] daughter, Shaniah."

If there’s anything Janet Jackson is skilled at, it’s gaining and losing weight quickly. Even after she lost 70 pounds last year she gained at least 20 back and then lost it again before she made more public appearances.

She’s said to be planning to write a book about her weight issues and to include information about nutrition and exercise:

Janet Jackson has decided to chronicle her battles with the bulge in a new book. Janet admits the 60 pounds she put on last year had a crippling effect on her. “I would see myself in the mirror, but I wouldn’t look too often. I didn’t want to get used to [it],” she said. In addition to telling her own story, the book will include nutrition tips to help others slim down.

[From Star Magazine, print edition, October 22, 2007]

There are so many sound programs and methods of losing weight. The main barrier you usually have is finding one that makes sense for you and changing your habits to stick with it. For me it involves convincing myself that I’m able to do it. It also makes a big difference if you get rid of all the junk food in your house so there’s nothing to temp you in a moment of weakness.

Janet can probably make a lot of people feel better about their weight issues if she talks about what she’s gone through. It really amazes me how she gains and loses weight so quickly, and if she did it every few years it probably would be fine, but it doesn’t seem healthy for her body to yo-yo like that.

celebitchy

Hmmmm...Hot? I Guess?

Posted Image

Janet Jackson is hard to trust. I want to like her, but then I think of all the shit she does to her body to look like this. You know she's has some voodoo on her shit to come out skinny. I mean how many ribs does she have left?

Here she is in Prestige Hong Kong Magazine.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.dlisted.com/

Janet Jackson admits she gets some pretty intimate responses to her music from fans.

"You don't know how many people come up to me and say, 'This child was conceived listening to you,' " Jackson, 41, tells Extra from the set of her new music video, "Feedback," in an interview set to air Wednesday night.

The singer's new CD, due out in February, contains plenty of romantic tunes, as well as other styles. On the new album "I love the dance. I love the mid tempo stuff. I love the slow songs and the baby making songs. It still has that element to it," she says.

The best thing about her music? "It makes me want to dance and that's the nice thing," she says. "I love listening to music that makes me want to get up and move."

"Feedback" is a dance track that debuted online last month.

PEOPLE

Jackson Says Her Music is Baby-Making Music

Pop star Janet Jackson is predicting a baby boom nine months after her new album is released -- because her music is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

The 41-year-old claims she is constantly approached by fans who have conceived kids while listening to her tunes.

She tells "Extra," "You don't know how many people come up to me and say, 'This child was conceived listening to you.'

With a new CD, "Discipline," on the way, Jackson reveals there are tracks on there that will inspire more couples to procreate: "I love the dance. I love the mid-tempo stuff. I love the slow songs and the baby-making songs. It still has that element to it

panachereport.com

Janet Jackson was so busy as a child she used trips to church to catch up on her sleep.

The tired pop star was a regular at Kingdom Hall prayer sessions and book readings growing up as a Jehovah's Witness, but snoozed through them all, much to the disgust of her mother.

She tells Parade.com, "I'd get up on Sunday mornings, go to the Kingdom Hall, go again on Thursday night and go to book study on Tuesdays, because that was my mother's routine. "I believe in God. I feel that spiritual connection.

But, most of the time, I didn't pay attention... I was asleep. I know that's awful (but) I was so tired, so busy, so knocked out. "My mother would hit me on my thigh to wake me up: 'Baby, wake up!' She'd say, 'Wake up and close your legs! You have on a dress!' "So, I'd wake up and close my legs. A few minutes later, I'd be asleep again, and my head would fall back and my legs open up."

Janet Jackson’s new CD, Discipline, comes out February 26th.

In a recent interview, she defended her choice of not working with longtime collaborators Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.

Janet says she wanted to try something new. Plus, she noted their busy schedules. Jackson hasn’t ruled out working with them again.

Janet also talked about her love with Producer Jermaine Dupri. Janet’s reveals she has found true love with Dupri, a man she has known for six years. She feels finally love has come to her after two failed marriages. Janet also opens up about her father, Joe Jackson, and his infidelities that led to the end of his marriage to her mom Katherine.

For the first time ever, she talks about her half sister. Janet says the sister is a result of an affair Joe had with a fan of the Jackson Five.

He also carried on affairs with many of the female employees of Motown. Janet also talked about religion, revealing how she would fall asleep at the Kingdom Hall.

Janet and her family were raised as Jehovah Witnesses. She says she has a spiritual connect, but being a Jehovah Witness was her mom’s religion not hers.

patty jackson's 4-1-1

Janet Jackson: "I've Been Cheated on a Lot"

OK

Posted Image

In an exclusive interview with Parade, Janet Jackson admits that she hasn't always been so lucky in love.

"After two divorces [to singer James Debarge and dancer Rene Elizondo Jr.], I thought I was jinxed," Janet explains in the new issue of Parade, out this Sunday. "Maybe marriage isn't for me? Maybe it’s my fault it never works. I was always faithful. I always tried to give of myself. But maybe I’m the problem.” She continues, “When it was over, I put shields up to protect myself from being hurt again. I didn’t want to go there anymore.”

The twice-married singer says she was initially cautious about entering into a relationship with boyfriend Jermaine Dupri. “I was always reaching out for love…this time, I wasn’t going to be the first to reach out,” she says. “It was Jermaine who touched me first. Love came to me. He’s such a wonderful, sweet, very loving guy that I said to myself, ‘I’m not going to fall head over heels for this person.’”

Janet’s view on relationships is also colored by her father’s cheating; Joseph Jackson had a child out of wedlock with a fan of the Jackson 5 and later had an affair with a Motown employee, which deeply pained Janet and her mother. “I've been cheated on a lot!" she confesses. "I know what that feels like and how that hurts the heart. But... to give us a half-sister. I can't even fathom what that's like for Mother."

The Clock Is Ticking

Posted Image

41-year-old Janet Jackson isn't married, doesn't have kids and isn't planning on it anytime soon. Janet says she's feeling the pressure to get married to troll boy and pop out troll babies, but she's taking her time. She said, "I like where we are, and I'm happy where I am. I've done it twice before. I'm afraid I might be a jinx. I might be allergic to marriage." I think she's just allergic to trolls.

She's also not worried about her biological clock. "I get so much pressure .. even my mother mentioned something to me the other day. But now you can have your eggs frozen and there are all sorts of things you can do. I've still got time so I think I'm okay. I've got to get a little more kid out of me first before I move on and be childish with my child."

Janet already has a child! Troll Dupri! If she ever gets that maternal feeling, she can put a diaper on him, stick a rattle in his hand and a pacifier in his mouth. It's the same thing practically! He would probably even start crying like a baby when you pinch his cheeks.

Besides, doesn't Janet only have like 2 ribs now? That baby's not going to have any support. Her pregnant belly is just going to hit the ground.

Janet Jackson: 'I Might Be Allergic to Marriage'

PEOPLE

Friends and family are urging Janet Jackson to get hitched and have kids. But don't expect the pop star –

who has been dating record producer Jermaine Dupri since 2002 – to settle down any time soon.

"So many people were putting pressure on [Jermaine], then they started pressuring me," the singer told The Insider. "Everybody would ask us about it – even friends."

But Jackson, who has been married twice before – to James DeBarge (from 1984 to 1985) and to Rene Elizondo (from 1986 to 1999) – isn't in any hurry.

"If it's [meant] to happen, it'll happen," she says. "I like where we are, and I'm happy where I am. I've done it twice before. I'm afraid I might be a jinx. I might be allergic to marriage."

As for children, she admits: "We both would love to have kids. Someday I know it's going to happen. Exactly when, I don't know."

Biological Clock Can Tick

Even at 41, Jackson is not obsessing about her biological clock.

"I get so much pressure .. even my mother mentioned something to me the other day," she told Britain's The Observer on Sunday. "But now you can have your eggs frozen and there are all sorts of things you can do. I've still got time so I think I'm okay."

The singer – whose new Discipline is out on Feb. 26 – added, "I've got to get a little more kid out of me first before I move on and be childish with my child."

Denzel Washington, Janet Jackson Win NAACP Prizes

PEOPLE

No debate: Denzel Washington's film The Great Debaters won hands down Thursday at the 39th annual NAACP Image Awards.

The period drama about a debating squad that takes on Harvard was named best film of 2007, and Washington also was honored as best actor. His costar Jurnee Smollett was cited as best actress.

"I'm happy for everybody up here," Washington, who directed the film, said while accepting the award at Los Angeles's Shrine Auditorium. "I'm very grateful for this one, but in particular, just happy that some of these young people are recognized for their work."

Other big winners include Janet Jackson, who beat out Ruby Dee, Queen Latifah and others to win outstanding supporting actress for her work in Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? Said Jackson: "I¹m really overwhelmed and to be in the company of such incredible women. This is such an honor. I was really not expecting this."

Chandra Wilson Honored

In television categories, Grey's Anatomy was named outstanding drama series, and its star Chandra Wilson picked up a trophy for outstanding actress in a drama series. Costar Kate Walsh was on hand to support Wilson at the ceremony.

And Ugly Betty's stars America Ferrera and Vanessa L. Williams won outstanding actress and supporting actress in a comedy series, respectively.

Janet: What She's Done for Us Lately

You know Janet Jackson cannot get a break. She’s always stayed away from her family, but they keep pulling her back in. In January 2004, right after Michael was arrested on child molestation and conspiracy charges, Janet played the Super Bowl with Justin Timberlake to promote her upcoming "Damita Jo" album.

That’s when the "wardrobe malfunction" happened. Timberlake danced away and Janet was left holding the bag. "Damita Jo" and a subsequent album tanked. She gained and lost 60 pounds. It was a bad time.

Now comes "Discipline" with a couple of really hot singles, set for Feb. 26. On "Discipline," all the ambiguous stuff is gone. Janet is back to hooks, catchy rhythms and defined singing. Besides the single "Feedback," I heard four tracks on Thursday that were more like the Janet of "Control" and "Rhythm Nation."

The up-tempo numbers, "Rollercoaster" and "Rock With U," are killer. The former is produced by Rodney Jerkins, a favorite of Michael. Ne-Yo, the hottest producer right now in R&B (remember the Neptunes?), contributed the dancing "Rock W U" and a breezy, jazzy "Pillow Talk"-like love song. Another almost rock/R&B mid-tempo ballad, called "Greatest X," shows off Janet’s Michaelish vocals and a memorable piano line.

If the rest of the album follows suit, Jackson may be back in a big way. But what’s the significance of Janet recording a song called "Rock With U" when Michael once had a huge hit with the same name? Only a family therapist might know that answer. Anyway, my money is on "Rollercoaster."

So much for now. What with Madonna following these two releases at the end of April, we’re in for a big diva spring! May the best woman win!

panachereport

Janet Jackson is in secret talks to host and perform at one of the biggest events on the California gay calendar.

The singer was a surprise guest at the weekly Tiger Heat gay night at Arena Nightclub in Los Angeles on Friday - and now organizers of the "White Party," weekend in Palm Springs are begging her to play the desert event in April (08), according to blogger Marc Malkin.

If Jackson does perform, she'll join the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Toni Braxton, who have headlined the White Party in recent years.

In Related News: A teenage Janet Jackson auditioned to sing backing vocals on brother Michael's P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) hit.

(Pagesix.com)

Janet's Third Try

JANET Jackson is taking the marriage plunge again. Although the pop star has remained mum on her engagement to rapper Jermaine Dupri, she recently hit up designers like Badgley Mischka, asking for bridal gown samples. "She's preparing for her private nuptials," said one source. Good luck, Janet! Just last week, she confessed to Parade magazine, "After two divorces, I thought I was jinxed. Maybe marriage isn't for me? Maybe it's my fault it never works."

Janet Jackson on Wedding: "Let the Rumors Fly!"

Janet Jackson is laughing off a report that she's been seeking wedding dresses from designers including Badgley Mischka.

"Let the rumors fly!" she tells Usmagazine.com.

Jackson is engaged to producer Jermaine Dupri, who recently told Us there are no wedding plans in the works.

Jackson's latest album, Discipline, drops Tuesday.

Troll Wedding

Posted Image

Janet Jackson may be making the biggest mistake of her life by marrying Troll Dupri. Ok, that wouldn't be the biggest mistake of her life. The biggest mistake of her life was making "Poetic Justice." I take that back. Hearing Janet say "you wanna smell my punane" made the movie. Anyway, Page Six reports that Janet has been looking at bridal gowns. She recently hit up Badgley Mischka for samples.

A source said, "She's preparing for her private nuptials." Who the hell are these sources and why do they talk like dictionary robots?

This would be Janet's third wedding if it happens. Don't do it Janet! Don't marry the troll. OK, you can marry him, but only if you build the whole theme on him. A troll wedding! I want guests to sit on little toadstools, drink berry juice and dance a jig. The Olsens can be the flower trolls.

"My friends tease me and say I have to build a house for my shoes, but I'm not as bad as Mariah Carey." Janet Jackson on her footwear collection.

In Related News: "I'm not saying it's right, but the music business has always been about sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll." Janet Jackson was surprised Natalie Cole criticized Grammy voters for setting a bad example to young stars by handing troubled Amy Winehouse five awards.

Panachereport.com

The Hardest Working Jackson In The Game

Posted Image

Janet Jackson is the hardest working Jackson in show business. Hell, she's the only working Jackson period. Janet went on "Good Morning America" to perform two songs and by "perform" I mean lip-synch and bounce around on a glowing ball. You have to love Janet. She's single-handedly trying to keep the Jackson name alive. There's a lot of pressure. What she really needs is a long rest in Jacko's oxygen take. Let another Jackson work for once! LaToya's due for a comeback. We could use the laugh.

Janet performed "Feedback" this morning and followed it up with "That's The Way Love Goes" which she did while sitting in some broke ass garden chair. Seriously, she lip-synched while sitting. She's even bored with her own shit!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id...e2-14059c5cfcce

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id...3b-2bcc2d83306c

Janet Jackson Tells America 'Good Morning'

Posted Image

I love Ms. Jackson (yes, I clearly have to call her that because y'all know I'm nasty) and I'm into "Feedback" and the woman in general, but I'm not all that crazy about her hair and outfit during this recent performance. Here are some pictures of her doing her thing on Good Morning America. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this look.

I feel like it's an attempt to be a throwback to her fierce ensemble from the "I Get Lonely" video where she looks all business, until she busts out of her button-up white shirt and we all lose our shit because it's awesome. But, this look here is a bit too dowdy for my taste and the hair reminds me way too much of my cousin Nikki's hair from when she was 12 and the youngest girl I knew who was allowed to get a perm.

And if you don't like it, don't get too angry cause I'm just giving her some feedback, feedback, oh. She asked for it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Bella Notte

Posted Image

" Oh this is the night, it's a beautiful night.....And we call it bella notte.....Look at the skies, they have stars in their eyes.....On this lovely bella notte."

Here's Janet signing copies of her new album "Discipline" at Best Buy in NYC last night.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Janet Jackson Teaches Larry King Dance Moves

This may open a whole new career for Larry King: dipping instead of dishing. The suspendered CNN interviewer, 74, gets a lesson in how to dance from Janet Jackson, 41, on his show Thursday night. She shakes; he quakes. (For a glimpse of their fancy footwork, click here.)

"Okay Janet, show me a trick," says King as he readies for his lesson."I don't know what I am doing," he adds as Ms. Jackson giggles and patiently shows him a few moves while her new music video is screened behind them.

"What is this called?" he asks about one rigorous step. "The Dance of the Video," she says. He also wonders if this is how Gene Kelly got started. You be the judge

Janet's tribute

Posted Image

Janet Jackson is off the wall! No, that is not referring to her racy lyrics or provocative costumes on her sensational new album, Discipline, which came out this week. Rather, she pays homage to her brother Michael Jackson's iconic album Off the Wall, for Vibe magazine's first-ever photo issue. The shoot, for Vibe's April issue by photographer Michelangelo di Battista, was styled to bring back memories of the one-time King of Pop during his music heyday — and in her dapper men's suit, there was no room for a wardrobe malfunction