princess

Matthew McConaughey

The Awful Truth, 8.14.06:

Girl Trouble?

I've got some more Mance in Miami scoop for you all, since I know you just can't get enough of those two. I know I can't. I mean, Mel Gibson shooting his asinine mouth off again? Such old news, the loser.

And that Candy Spelling versus offspring Tori biz? Eh, can wait till next week. But bronzed sun gods goosing each other while the whole world salivates in vicarious, horny anticipation? Now, that's some muscled juice I could go for! Agreed? Thought so:

While in Ef-Hell-Ay recently, the buff boys were both staying in the swanky-ass Shore Club, where they were just baby steps from their beloved beach-cum-gym. Too freakin' perf, as they can crunch to their little hearts' content for all of SoBe to see.

As they did. A lot. What, these boys can't sweat it up in private a little? I mean, this is such a sexist world: Perfectly fine femmes like Paris get raked over the tabletops for strutting their stuff with abandon, but dudes like Jakey&Matty&Lancey strut, moisten themselves up, bike ride, groan and grunt with abandon, and it's called manly. It's applauded.

It's a (boring) double standard, per usual, see, girls get called dirty names for showing what they've got. What friggin' century are we living in? Don't answer that. Back to the raunchy riddlers by the beach:

Not to disappoint any queens like moi, but I'm further frolicking told by Desk Miami that lads Armstrong and McConaughey were shacked up in separate bungalows--damn!

Of course, this doesn't surprise me in the least, now that I think about it--as I'm sure neither dude wanted to "sexile" the other one if/when he brought home a late-night lovah. Right?

Right. How much do you wanna bet both babes used the "Do Not Disturb" door hanger quite frequently?

'Cause they did.

Oh, and here at Desk Awful Truth, we're hardly the only ones takin' note of this couple--although let the record state we did indeed coin Mance. Now, evidently, the couple that likes to lift, love and live together are now invited to events and parties as a pair and expected to arrive together.

At least that's the word here in evah social, smoggy and surreally warm SoCal. Geez, how long will it be before these jokers start coordinating their outfits on the carpet?

Like I said before, don't answer that.

So many Gay men, so many closets ;)

Miami Matt: A True Player!

Us Weekly Blog

Posted Image

Posted Image

“We’re here to just relax and lay low,” Matthew McConaughey told locals of his and Lance Armstrong’s August 7 – 10 stay at The Shore Club in Miami Beach.

And just how do the newly single Malibu roommates “relax”? With poolside tequila, pushups on the beach, skinny-dipping and clubbing at Skybar, B.E.D. and Snatch. “They talked to people like they’re real guys and not big stars,” says a local. “Yes, they let loose drinking – like anyone else having a few days off.”

Lounging at The Shore Club on August 8, McConaughey, 36, spied a topless sunbather, who came by to say hello. That night, he and Armstrong picked up several girls and, in their black Escalade, headed to club Snatch to dance till 3:15 a.m. “At one point, he was dancing like he was shooting basketball,” says a fellow partier, “with the arm and pivotal leg movements!”

Says a source at The Shore Club, “They’re just having fun.”

---

;)

RUNNING MEN

Best buds Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong forgo their two-wheelers for an old fashion foot race Tuesday in Miami Beach, where the actor and cyclist have been vacationing.

Posted Image

The Buff and the Beautiful

Just Jared

Posted Image

Surprise, surprise! BFF running mates Matthew McConaughey and Lance Armstrong were out once again working up a sweat yesterday afternoon. Matt, 36, and Lance, 34, ran for miles alongside Miami Beach on the boardwalk. It seems like the fun just won't stop for Matt and Lance as their summer fitness craze continues! Check out the sweat beads on Matt's back -- crazy! More pictures in the gallery!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Isn't it funny how the planters go straight to US Weekly with stories about picking women up after tons of blind items and gay gossip hits the net? I laugh so much at this tactic. Every time. :D It's so transparent it hurts. Panic! panic! We have to straighten him out!!!!! Quiiick, call all the networks!!!

I mean honestly I dunno one way or other about his sexuality except I think he's up for a great time (probably with anyone) but it's funny when the panic sets in after blind items. You can almost predict what's gonna happen. Hilarious!

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

I actually feel sorry for Matt. I don't think he is as happy a guy as he likes people to think. This constant partying hasn't taken as bad a tole as it could have if he wasn't also in pretty good shape.

from perez

Mateo, Lancelot and "the boys" pose for the cameras in Miami on Wednesday night.

The fourgy hit up the Nicole Miller fashion show at The Forge, and we couldn't help but notice.....

Mateo is wearing a ring on his engagement / wedding finger!!!

Is there something going on that we should know about???

Posted Image

Matthew McConaughey got a little unwanted female attention in Miami Wednesday night.An optimistic brunette followed him out of the Forge restaurant, where designer Nicole Miller had been holding a runway show.Onlookers say McConaughey was wearing flip-flops and looking very much like he was ready to call it a night. And he apparently wasn't pleased when the young lady followed him into a waiting car. "The brunette got into the car for about 30 seconds and then was propelled right out," our spy tells us. "She was miffed."Moments later, Lance Armstrong (with a blond gal pal) joined him in the car which hightailed it into the night.ny daily news

Matt Finally Seen in Public ... With a Shirt!

Posted Aug 31st 2006 1:25PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Paparazzi Video, Star Catcher

What does it take for Matthew McConaughey to put on a shirt? A night at the Hollywood hangout Hyde apparently. Joining Mr. McConaughey last night was Jeff Gordon (yeah, the NASCAR driver), Wayne Brady, and David Krumholt (... oh yeah.) David took the time to give a shoutout to the good folks here at TMZ, while Leelee Sobieski saved the night by showing up naked ... almost.

TMZ

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Commitment-Phobic-Woman's Man

Best Feature: His huge...bong. Oops--we meant bongo.

Talent: Going shirtless in public.

Pickup Line: "Wanna go for a long walk on the beach? Cool, have fun and bring back some snackables, okay? I'm gonna stay here and do some yoga."

Signature Move: Chokes up telling you about the BFF necklaces he got for Jake and Lance.

Matt does his bit for the world. See, he has a heart under all that caddishness:

Matthew gives up car for hurricane victims »

Matthew McConaughey has sold his beloved car on an auction website to raise cash for hurricane victims in the US. The ‘Failure To Launch’ star made $96,800 from the sale of his 1971 Corvette Stingray convertible, which he is donating to Oprah Winfrey's Angel Network, a charity helping victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The actor wrote a loving description of the vehicle before the sale, saying, "The lines on this 'vette are my favorite lines on any sports car. It's got the shoulders and the hips. It's got muscle and it's built for drivin'. You don't get it for the gas mileage - it's not a Tiptronic Porsche. When you wanna get it, you feel the horsepower in your backside. The music in this car is listenin' to the engine... for me it's the quintessential, bare bones, bad arse American sports car." [14 August 2006]

NZ Woman's Weekly

FRIENDLY EXES

After splitting in May, exes Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz reunite over lunch at Italian eatery Madeo in Beverly Hills on Wednesday.

Posted Image

---

Interesting timing for these two to be spottedn together... right when the Mance rumors are in full swing... hehehe!!!

Matt and Penelope -- Back in Love?

Posted Sep 7th 2006 1:05PM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

X17online.com

Just months after former love birds Matt McConaughey and Penelope Cruz called it quits, the ex-Hollywood power couple may now be working on a comeback.

The movie stars were caught laughing it up and looking rather close during a romantic lunch at the Madeo Italian restaurant in Beverly Hills on Wednesday. The two appeared to be holding hands as they exited the restaurant and Matt even opened Penelope's car door as she got into HIS car! So, could these two really be an item all over again?

Matt, Lance and Jake will be in Austin this weekend for Texas football. I'll put their parts of the interview in their respective threads. Will put the link in all. Thanks to Danyelle at WFT for finding this.

09/08/2006

Celebrity trio: Armstrong, Gyllenhaal and McConaughey

Thomas Stepp, Texas Media Relations

Matthew McConaughey

What are your feelings when you come to practice? I tell you what. I was here for the first time nine or ten years ago, and practice today is a whole lot different from then. That was right after the UCLA game when we got whooped pretty bad. The difference between then and now and at that time -- the kids, the speed, the confidence, some of the overall ability -- is a big difference. I like what I'm seeing today, just the way you watch them interacting, you watch how they pass each other, you watch how the kid runs a route on the opposite side of the field when he knows the play's not even coming to him. You see unity, you see also kids that want to play for their own personal best. I like this motto they've got going this year which is, 'Just do what you do.' You've got 11 kids on the field at a time doing what you do, then you've got a great team. I like it. I like watching sometime, I like not saying a word and just looking in their eyes. Other times, I like joking with them. Sometimes I like asking them if they're ready, 'Are you ready to get it on?' It's always kind of different. It's also different for different people.

It's just nice to watch for me. I just got finished doing a film, 'We are Marshall,' where I got to coach. I think the experience of being out here at these practices and watching this, obviously made me more comfortable on the field as a coach. I just like it; I'm just right there. I'm 36, so I'm right at that cusp where I go, 'I think I could still run that route,' but I like it over here. I like coaching.

I like it, I went to school here, it's a good group of kids, and I like seeing how the coaches interact here. There's a respect level, but also the coaches have some fun here too. I like the mix of the discipline and the looseness. That's where the great mix is.

How valuable is your interaction with the guys to you? To me, I'm 36, and whether they're here or wherever they're going to go off to, this is the youth of today. I come back here, and I've done good things with my life and gone on and succeeded. I love to take the time to come by and look them in the eye, shake their hand and ask them how they're feeling and let them know I'm here for them. They're just reminded that they're supported. Me, being somebody they know, there's other things I could be doing, but if I were them, it would be nice to know that I'm supported, and that's what I like to do.

What is your relationship like with Coach Brown? It's good, and I'm really so happy for him after last year. We were just talking, and there are a lot of times where you do the same things, but you don't win the grand prize, but when you do, they think you did something different. Maybe you didn't do something different, you're just doing the same thing, and the cards fell where they were, and you did it well. You've been doing it well before that, even though you maybe didn't win the grand prize. Again, we were talking about that looseness and focus, I like that about him. He's got a keen eye. Even when he and I are talking, we could be in the middle of a joke and he's got his eye on something, and he's making a mental note of it.

We talk and philosophize a little bit here and there, and I like to check in with him and ask him where the team is or what are the strengths and what's the one thing that's the biggest concern. I know they're going to play really hard, and that's what you want, because you're going to get effort. You're going to get a huge effort Saturday. I learn so much about sports just through "the game," and how to coach "the game." You work physically all day, but Friday, let's go to the mental side, let's focus, let's go over everything we did. You have a loose group too. This is the Ohio State game, these kids don't need to be pumped up. They don't need to be told to get pumped up. They're full. They need to focus on the game plan, keep it loose and take that focus to the field.

How was your Rose Bowl experience? I was exhausted after that game, man. Whooo, that was as amazing of a sporting event as I've ever seen, or most anyone has ever seen. The rhythms that team went through; you make a great move and the drama swings. It was a great testament to just sticking to it. They just stuck to it and stuck to it and stuck to it, and then when it was over, I had tears of joy, tears of exhaustion, and then seeing these kids and these coaches afterwards and hearing what they said in the locker room. I've talked about this before, but five minutes after the victory, Coach Brown had already said, 'Don't let this be the greatest thing that ever happens in your life.' That's another great thing we've got going here -- be the best at what you're doing here, but also, a high percentage of these kids will not end up playing professional football, and if you do, the average time is 3.2 years, so if you do that, what are you doing after age 25? Again, sports and life lessons. That was some of my favorite stuff, after the game. Just seeing everybody the day before, walking around looking in their eyes was great.

They were singing the song you taught them during that day before, and you just sang it again. How does that make you feel? It's cool, man. It was just a little ditty that I woke up in the middle of the night about a year ago, and I was in Spain. I was like, 'You know what, man? They don't think so, they know it -- Somebody don't think so, somebody knows so.' I feel good man, it's fun.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/ind...hange_well_id=2

GETTING HOOKED

Matthew McConaughey rises to the occasion as he roots on his University of Texas Longhorns – showing off the school's hook 'em horns signal – during the football team's 24-7 loss to No. 1 Ohio State in Austin on Saturday. Also with him (though not pictured): his two amigos, Lance Armstrong and Jake Gyllenhaal, who've been hitting the town with McConaughey.

Posted Image

These are the douche bag frat boys that are so deep in the closet they're practically out. I'm glad Jake wasn't in this picture, because my opinion of him would lower (but only slightly).

I just don't like Lance (at all) and Matthew just annoys me most of the time. It's like he plays the same character in all his movies, and not one of them is charming, so I miss the point of most of his "romantic comedies". They aren't romantic and they aren't funny. So it's just a tedious and vapid waste of time.

HOWEVER:

Bitch looks hot. I'd hit it.

Why are the paparazzi photographing this homeless man? Oooops...Ohhh... :D