Sign in to follow this  
Temptrous

Mario Lopez and Ali Landry

Katie Holmes boots Mario Lopez from the stage

By Courtney Hazlett

The Scoop

Katie Holmes’ Broadway debut isn’t until September, but the show is already causing controversy. Why? In order to offset the cost of having Holmes star in “All My Sons,” the show needed the theater that “A Chorus Line” currently uses. That, of course, is bad news for Mario Lopez, the current star of “A Chorus Line.”

“Katie wouldn’t sign a long-term agreement with her show, which is why it’s the limited run that it is. They had to figure out how to make more money with the time they had with her,” said a source privy to the talks between shows.

The solution: Move to a musical theater. “Musical theaters have more seats than a traditional playhouse, so they can sell more tickets each week,” the source said. “That’s how the show ended up at the Schoenfeld Theater (where “Chorus Line” runs). Because of the “All My Sons” rehearsal schedule, they had to cut Mario Lopez’s run in “A Chorus Line.”

How does Lopez feel about it? “He might be People’s hottest bachelor, but he’s pissed,” said the source. “Let’s face it, he doesn’t have much going on right now.”

Hottest bachelor, really? -_-

They could mean hot, as in "burning." :D

Hottest bachelor, really? -_-

They could mean hot, as in "burning." :D

He must have an awesome publicist, because I just don't get it. He's D list, habitual cheater, has-been with good abs.

MARIO LOPEZ TO HOST 'EXTRA'

Post Staff

Goodbye Sugar Ray, hello A.C. Slater.

Mario Lopez, who graced the early '90s TV screen as curly-haired jock Slater on "Saved by the Bell," has been named the new host of "Extra," Telepictures Productions announced today.

"Extra's" current co-host Mark McGrath, will be leaving the entertainment magazine program at his request in order to refocus on his musical career with band Sugar Ray, while Dayna Devon will transition into a special correspondent role and serve as a backup host for Lopez.

"Mario has done a great job as the host of our weekend show and has established himself as a highly engaging, likeable and sought-after host and personality," said Telepictures President Hilary Estey McLoughlin. "He will be a fresh and dynamic presence for the show, and we can't wait for him to assume his new role."

Lopez will take over the anchor chair on Sept. 15 as the show begins its 15th season.

Recently named Hottest Bachelor of 2008 by People magazine, the "Dancing with the Stars" alum now hosts reality-competition series "Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew" and stars on Broadway as Zach in the revival of "A Chorus Line."

Mario Lopez Loves Watching Sports Naked!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know Mario Lopez isn’t fond of wearing clothes, but now he’s taking it to the next level.

“I like to take a bath and watch TV there," the Extra host, 35, tells OK!, "My body is kind of achy sometimes from training.”

“I watch the news or ESPN for 20 or 30 minutes.”

If you say so, Mario — but you just be careful with all that water and electricity!

The Saved By The Bell star revealed that he loves to go au naturale earlier this year.

He confessed to E! Online that he turned down an offer from Playgirl, but not because he feels uncomfortable naked.

“It’s not something for me at the moment," said Mario, "But it’s ironic, because I’m, like, ‘nature boy.’ I’m always running around the house in underwear or nothing.”

Source: okmagazine.com

Mario Lopez: I'm Not Trying to Find "Ms. Right"

Mario Lopez isn't in a rush to find love.

"I am in a very serious relationship with my show Extra! She's great," he told Usmagazine.com at Cosmopolitan magazine's Fun Fearless Male Awards in Beverly Hills Monday night. "She's there everyday!"

"I'm not really working on trying to find Ms. Right," he went on. "I'm kind of working on being Mr. Right, and it will happen."

When it comes to dating, "people put too much thought into giving a person a chance to go out with them. I think they should be more open minded."

He added, "You never know where you are going to meet the right person. Go in there and be open minded and have a fun attitude, and you will probably have a good time."

Lopez said he hopes to have kids eventually.

"I have to have a girlfriend first," he said. "But, of course, I would like that one day!"

Source Us Weekly

Mario Lopez To Be A Dad!

Saved By the Bell alum Mario Lopez, who now hosts Extra, is expecting his first child with girlfriend, Broadway dancer Courtney Laine Mazza, Star reports.

"Mario is over the moon with joy since finding out he’s having a baby,” a family friend says. “She’s approximately three months pregnant and is healthy and happy.”

The 36-year-old reportedly announced their happy news at a Super Bowl last month. "With a huge smile on his face and surrounded by friends and family, Mario announced he was having a baby and handed out pricey cigars. After the initial shock, everyone was thrilled by the news, giving Mario hugs and high-fives."

Mario's mom Elvira is said to be thrilled about the news. “She’s beaming and can’t stop talking about her new grandchild," the family friend says. "She always wanted Mario to have children and keeps saying, ‘It’s about time. He isn’t getting any younger!’"

Mario — who was very briefly married to Ali Landry — isn't likely to rush down the aisle with Courtney, whom he started dating in 2009 after he split with his Dancing with the Stars partner Karina Smirnoff. “Although the baby news has thrilled Mario, he isn’t making any marriage plans... yet."

Mario's grandfather Rafael Trasvina confirmed Mario’s baby news. "I am very excited that Mario and Courtney are having a baby. I don't know if they are having a boy or a girl — we have to wait until the baby is born — but I am very happy for them.”

Source: celebritybabyscoop.com

Mario Lopez "Fired Up" To Be A Dad

Mario Lopez has said that he is excited about becoming a dad, according to People.

The former Saved by the Bell actor and his girlfriend Courtney Mazza announced their pregnancy last week.

"I'm fired up. I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas," he said. "I feel like such a kid myself still. I was like, 'Whoa! Does this mean I have to grow up?'"

The couple, who have been dating since early 2009, have decided to keep the gender of their baby a surprise.

"I don't know what to do about the name thing," he told Ryan Seacrest on Monday. "I like names that mean something. I don't want to get too creative."

Lopez currently hosts the MTV dance competition America's Best Dance Crew.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Mario Lopez: 'Baby's Gender A Surprise'

Mario Lopez has announced that he does not want to know his baby's sex ahead of the birth.

Speaking with Ellen DeGeneres, the star admitted that his friends and family are dismayed by the decision.

"People are very upset that I'm not finding out what the sex is going to be," he said. "I think that is one of life's great surprises. I want to be, 'Oh, it's a girl', and 'Oh, it's a boy'."

The ex-Saved by the Bell actor went on to say that he and his girlfriend Courtney Mazza are unconcerned with potentially not being prepared for the baby's gender.

"I'll be alright with gifts and maybe a coat of paint on the wall," he continued.

However, Lopez added that he is struggling with the name of his child.

"I don't have names picked out. Maybe you can help me," he prompted DeGeneres.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Body-Obsessed Mario Lopez Persuaded Girlfriend to Lose Weight, Have Plastic Surgery

NewsCore

The "Extra" host reportedly wanted her to look perfect before he arranged for them to be photographed on a beach together.

Mario Lopez is so body-obsessed, he persuaded his beautiful girlfriend, Courtney Mazza, to undergo rigorous personal training and encouraged surgery to get her into even better shape.

Sources say friends of Mazza are concerned that the image-conscious "Extra" host started nudging her to perfect her already amazing looks once they got together. They met in 2008 while appearing together in the Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line" and started dating the next year when Mazza moved to Burbank, Calif. She's expecting their baby in September.

One source told us, "Mario is obsessed with his image. He spends a lot of time working out, and he expects his girlfriend to do the same. Even his new book is called 'Extra Lean.'

"Courtney was engaged to a guy in Queens before she met Mario, but once they got together she dropped everything to go to California and be with him," the source said. "He encouraged her to work out with a trainer every day. She underwent a boob job and liposuction last spring. Once her body was perfect, he arranged for them to be photographed on a beach."

Lopez has previously described his obsession with fitness and once told TV Guide, "I never feel awake unless I'm sweating." He told the magazine he exercises for at least an hour a day, runs, bikes, swims, plays basketball and throws punches three times a week at a boxing gym.

But he says he's overjoyed at the prospect of becoming a dad, recently telling Ryan Seacrest's radio show, "I am so excited, dude, I'm fired up! I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas!"

Asked about Mazza's exercise regimen and surgical procedures, a rep for Lopez said, "This is silly. Mario and Courtney are very much in love and focusing on the birth of their first child."