Sign in to follow this  
princess

Lost Discussion

darkhorizons.com

Even though they've only just aired 15 of the debut season's planned 24 episodes so far, according to the latest TV Guide there are DVD plans already in motion for the most talked about drama series on the box this season - "Lost".

In the regular column 'Ask Ausiello', the TV guru confirms the first season of the show will be hitting disk in early September, a few weeks before the second season is slated to start.

Show co-creator Damon Lindelof also confirms they have an "amazing amount" of extras planned, including "awesome commentaries," deleted scenes between Locke and Hurley, Sawyer and Charlie and Locke and young Walt; footage of the Boeing 747 being cut up in the Mojave Desert and transported via barge to Hawaii; and a look at what went into making the original polar bear sequence.

But the best part? Lindelof says he and J.J. Abrams are considering making an original mini-movie that "answers one of the questions we've been asked very frequently about the show but have made no attempt to answer so far. It has something to do with why the plane may have crashed."

Sounds great huh? Well to ensure the sales go well it seems Disney may be charging as little as $39.95 for the set.

Thanks to 'KC'.

Wow I was duped. I didn't even think about Walt setting the fire (he's really growing into a good little actor). Loved the Jin/Sun story and was getting all weepy over it(especially the father/son scene).Something did bother me. Sun still seems to love Jin and was willing to forgive his past and start over. Why wasn't he willing to forgive her and start over..I would think he still loves her?? and then at the end he's willing to make nice with Michael and help restart the boat..but not make nice with his wife??

I didn't catch it, but apparently when Jin was in the house of the man who he was "disappointed in", the tv was on the background and Hurly was seen on the tv.That's what the boards are saying. I had to watch the episode through closed eyes b/c of the shaky cam so I missed a lot.I think Vincent started the fire ;)

I had to go back and watch the episode (gotta love Tivo!) and Hurley was on the TV in the background. It showed him waving to the camera and getting into the drivers seat of a car.I couldn't figure out why Jin left Sun either. I was sure after the clip where his father told him to start over, that he would. Cydonia - the camera seemed extra shaky to me too. It was very annoying!

I think Jin's ego was brused. He thought he was in charge, getting them away to start their own new life. When he found out his wife was doing the same thing behind his back, he's pissed that she was just going to leave him instead of trying to talk it out. :huh: That's sorta what I think is why he's pissed now.He's not helping build the boat because he wants to make friends, he's building it because he wants a spot on it when they try to leave the island. He's that pissed at his wife.I still think he can speak english - if they were going to leave for Australia or Canada, he would have learned it. I think he doesn't want to fess up to his wife, let her be the "you were keeping secrets bad person" feeling.

I didn't catch it, but apparently when Jin was in the house of the man who he was "disappointed in", the tv was on the background and Hurly was seen on the tv.

I still have this on TiVo too, I'll have to check it out!

people.com

Also due, on Sept. 6: the six-disc DVD set of Lost: The Complete First Season (also $60). Among its extras are deleted scenes, casting tapes, bloopers and a brief feature offering photography by series star Matthew Fox.

Anybody going to use those numbers next time they play lotto? :blink:Did anyone catch that Hurley bought a box company and Locke worked at a box company? hmmm

Did anyone catch that Hurley bought a box company and Locke worked at a box company? hmmm

Oooh - good catch!! :o

I've seen this on other groups, but when I watching it and saw the numbers, 42 (the mega number) stood out. Anyone who is a fan of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will see the significance of that number. I wonder if it's intentional? :)

Kristin of E!Dominic Was Supposed to Be Sawyer: According to executive producer Bryan Burk, the role of Charlie originally was supposed to be played by an older actor, "someone who had been on Alias." Then Dominic came in to read for Sawyer, and they realized he "wasn't mad enough to be Sawyer." To which Josh Holloway (Sawyer) scoffed, "Sawyer, puh-leeze."Evangeline Lilly Was "Frumpled": Ian Somerhalder (Boone) was the first to be cast; Evangeline Lilly was the last. Bryan Burk said she looked "frumpled" in the audition, and they asked her to do it again with her hair pulled back. Sold. Meanwhile, Jorge Garcia (Hurley) and Ian were the only ones who tested for their roles. "After the audition," Jorge said, "I ran into Ian on the way out to the parking lot, and he was like, 'See you in Hawaii, bitch!' "Locke Down: By show of hands, the moderator polled the audience on whether we thought Locke was good or evil. Fifty-fifty. Then he asked the cast, "Who thinks Locke is good?" Only one castmember shot up his hand: Ian (Boone).

I missed part of the dialogue from last night. Help.Why were Locke and his father having surgery? What did Locke's mother tell him after the surgery? Why didn't his father want to see him at the end? Did they ever say what happened to cause Locke's paralysis?Thanks:)

I missed part of the dialogue from last night. Help.Why were Locke and his father having surgery? What did Locke's mother tell him after the surgery? Why didn't his father want to see him at the end? Did they ever say what happened to cause Locke's paralysis?Thanks:)

They never explained Locke's paralysis. His mom told him that the father has always known where Locke was. She needed money so he (the father) paid her to go up to Locke. He wanted Locke to "find" him through the private eye and said that the kidney donation needed to seem like something that Locke thought to do for his newly found father. The dad basically just used him to get his kidney then abandoned him again.

Guest dangermouse

Okay, question.What did you guys hear the voice on the other end of the radio say to Boone?I could have sworn I heard "WE'RE the survivors of flight 815", so I thought that either Boone was hearing an echo of his own voice, or there was a really interesting twist coming up with that plane.And although quite a few people also thought they heard that, a large amount also thought they heard "THERE ARE NO survivors of flight 815" which - while also an interesting twist - is quite a different one.

The boards I've been reading are saying that it's NO SURVIVORS were found.Verrrryyyy interesting.Great episode. Terry O'Quinn is just fantastic.

I've been reading that alot of people do think it was Boone's voice.So TV guide is saying the finale will be a whopper. Can't wait :)

LOVED Locke this episode. He was giving me the heebie geebies last few episodes, they made him a normal person again.I'm surprised that they aren't still trying to find the Ethan gang. And that they haven't hit up the French women up again for more info. I know they don't want to scare her, but seriously....

If you haven't watched last night's episode, don't continue reading this thread unless you want to be spoiled!!!people.comKILLED: Wednesday night's episode of ABC's Lost claimed the life of one of its main characters, Boone, played by Ian Somerhalder, who calls the plot turn "pretty devastating." Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Somerhalder, 26, says that before he knew that his character would fatally fall out of a tree while investigating a small plane, he was "looking for a house in Hawaii." But, with Boone only possibly coming back to the show in flashbacks, the actor decided to stay closer to Hollywood. "Now I'm looking for a house in Venice Beach," he says.

I was pretty letdown by the episode. I had heard through the grapevine that one of the major characters was going to kick the bucket..but I thought a twist was in store. The previews and last week's show showed Boone seriously hurt...oh well.I was surprised that Jack is married..but did he Actually say "I do" hmmmmmm So I guess no romance with Kate if he's married????

I had heard that it would be Boone, so I wasn't surprised. I think the whole thing was a letdown simply b/c the producers have been messing with us with the fake deaths this season (the hobbit and the dream about the sister dying). So it didn't affect me that much.I was however touched by everyone's reaction to the baby - very sweet.

I was surprised that Jack is married..but did he Actually say "I do" hmmmmmm So I guess no romance with Kate if he's married????

I'm wondering if maybe his wife died. He's never mentioned being married, which is strange, and he seemed really intent on saving Boone. Maybe something happened to her and he couldn't save her that time.Once Boone fell off the cliff, I figured he would die, but he was my favorite eye-candy! I got a little misty eyed during the scene where everyone is looking at the baby and Jack has to go talk to Shannon. :( Does anyone else always call Jack "Charlie" 'cause that's who Fox was on Party of Five? I always confuse people when we are talking about the show!