Sign in to follow this  
princess

Zach Braff

TV Guide.comZach Braff Scrubbing in as Fletch? Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence has inked a deal with the Weinstein Co. to bring Gregory McDonald's Fletch character back to the big screen, where he was previously played by Chevy Chase. Perhaps taking over as the irreverent sleuth? Scrubs' own Zach Braff, whom Lawrence tells Reuters "is perfect for the role. I'm going to use all my pull trying to make him do it." Lawrence aims to give this entry, an origin tale based on 1985's Fletch Won, more edge, likening it to "Beverly Hills Cop, where there was a real sense of jeopardy." Now can someone hand me a towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Meanwhile, we're told that "Scrubs" star Zach Braff is lovesick for ex-girlfriend Mandy Moore - just like Adrian Grenier was on "Entourage." Braff is supposedly so torn up from his June split with Moore, "he refuses to leave his house," a friend of his tells Us. "His friends don't know how to cheer him up." But Braff's rep says, "Zach has been working around the clock. He is fine."

TWO GIRLS & A GUY

Zach Braff stands proud between his The Last Kiss costars (left) Jacinda Barrett and Rachel Bilson at the listening party for the movie's soundtrack Sunday at Hollywood hot spot Privilege.

Posted Image

OLD LAP BUDDIESWHO knew Lauryn Hill and Zach Braff were old pals? They grew up together in Maplewood, N.J., and Hill even went to Braff's bar mitzvah. "Lauryn Hill did go to my bar mitzvah," Braff told Jane magazine. "There was a game called Coke and Pepsi. You'd have a partner, and one per son was Coke and the other Pepsi. De pending on what the DJ would yell, you had to run and get on that per son's lap. And Lauryn was my Coke and Pepsi partner." Sweet.

THE LITTLE ENGINE ...

That could – barely. Zach Braff pushes his little green machine (and onetime prop) to the limit as he motors around the set of Scrubs in Sherman Oaks, Calif., on Tuesday. The actor, who's back shooting the sixth season of the NBC comedy series, hinted recently that this might be the last year for the show.

Posted Image

BRAFF LAUGHS OFF SIMPSON RUMOURS ZACH BRAFF has laughed off reports he has turned to JESSICA SIMPSON to help mend his broken heart following his split with MANDY MOORE. The SCRUBS funnyman and singer/actress Moore split in June (06) after 18 months together. Braff was recently linked to newly-divorced Simpson, but insists he is single. He tells entertainment website TMZ.com, "Totally made up. I've met her a couple times, she's a sweet girl but I think I saw her two months ago at a bar in the Hamptons (New York) and that was it. "A relationship is hard, doing it in the public eye is something that's very new to me. I was a waiter five years ago and when I was a waiter nobody was telling lies about me in the tabloids. But it's par for the course."23/08/2006 17:11

THE LITTLE ENGINE ...

That could – barely. Zach Braff pushes his little green machine (and onetime prop) to the limit as he motors around the set of Scrubs in Sherman Oaks, Calif., on Tuesday. The actor, who's back shooting the sixth season of the NBC comedy series, hinted recently that this might be the last year for the show.

Posted Image

Wow, is moonface a side-effect of coke use? He looks majorly weird there.... :rolleyes:

He has always reminded me of John Ritter's love-child from the '80's....

And that has nothing to do with the fact that John Ritter played his dad on a couple episodes of Scrubs before his untimely death?? :D

Braff Blasts Tabloid Rumors

Scrubs star Zach Braff has slammed the tabloids for making him out to be the "male Paris Hilton" and insists their stories are completely fabricated. Recent reports had the star regularly club-hopping and allegedly hitting on Jessica Simpson after breaking up with pop star Mandy Moore. Braff appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman on Tuesday night and immediately attempted to set the record straight. He said, "I've been learning a lot about myself from reading about all the stuff I've been up to, not based on any form of truth. "I lead a pretty boring life - I sit at home, I'm on the Internet, I eat cereal - that's a typical night for me. "I read online about all the places I've been out partying and all the women I've been out partying with. I'm like, 'Wow, I should probably go to that place. It sounds like a fun. It sounds like I had a good time there.' I'm kind of jealous of the life I'm supposedly leading. "Here's how the whole thing works. I actually decided, 'Maybe I'll go out. It's the summertime, I'm off from Scrubs.' "So I go out a little bit and they write all about me being this crazy party guy, like I'm Paris Hilton or something. I'm like the male Paris Hilton. "So then I'm like, 'I don't like that. I don't like being in the tabloids, so I'm just going to stay home. I'm going to be a homebody, I'm going to write.' "A week later a tabloid comes out with - 'Zach Braff Will Not Leave His Home!' You can't win! I just gave up on it."

Braff: The Male Paris Hilton

Sitcom star probably won't be seen at Hyde anytime soon

August 31 2006

When a celebrity doth protest too much about his or her partying habits, sometimes it's a bit hard to believe. But somehow ya gotta believe Zach Braff.

The "Scrubs" star is frustrated by the numerous tabloid stories that paint him as the "male Paris Hilton," especially now that's he's single after breaking up with pop star Mandy Moore.

"I lead a pretty boring life: I sit at home, I'm on the Internet, I eat cereal. That's a typical night for me," he reveals on Tuesday night's (Aug. 29) "Late Show with David Letterman." "I've been learning a lot about myself from reading about all the stuff I've been up to, not based on any form of truth.

'Scrubs' Showcard

"I read online about all the places I've been out partying and all the women I've been out partying with," he continues, making a reference to Jessica Simpson, whom he was falsely rumored to be dating. "I'm like, 'Wow, I should probably go to that place. It sounds like a fun. It sounds like I had a good time there.' I'm kind of jealous of the life I'm supposedly leading."

The sitcom star does admit that he made an effort to go out while he was on hiatus, but not to the extent that was reported.

"Here's how the whole thing works. I actually decided, 'Maybe I'll go out. It's the summertime, I'm off from "Scrubs,"' he recalls. "So I go out a little bit and they write all about me being this crazy party guy, like I'm Paris Hilton or something. I'm like the male Paris Hilton.

"So then I'm like, 'I don't like that. I don't like being in the tabloids, so I'm just going to stay home. I'm going to be a homebody, I'm going to write.' A week later a tabloid comes out with, 'Zach Braff Will Not Leave His Home!' You can't win. I just gave up on it."

Braff, 31, is best known for playing an earnest but goofy doctor on NBC's medical comedy "Scrubs." He also wrote, directed and starred in 2004's "Garden State," for which he won a Grammy for its soundtrack. His latest film, "The Last Kiss," will be released on Friday, Sept. 15.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Thinking-Woman's Man

Best Feature: His huge...brain.

Talent: While he can give off a clammy-palmed horndog vibe when out on the town, Braff comes off as totally sweet and take-home-able on Scrubs.

Pickup Line: "Wanna play doctor?"

Signature Move: Writes, directs and stars in a film, just so he can make out with Natalie Portman.

Edited by Cutielb99

"I'm kind of jealous of the life I'm supposedly leading."

– Zach Braff, on tabloid reports that he's a partying ladies' man, to David Letterman

'Scrubs' actor Zach Braff is surprised he isn't gay.

The comedy actor - who plays junior doctor John 'JD' Dorian in the hit

series - says his parents used to take him to so many Broadway musicals when

he was a child that he should have grown up to be homosexual.

He told Britain's Glamour magazine: "It's amazing I turned out straight. My

parents loved Broadway musicals and they'd take me and all my siblings. They

were the first things I saw where I was just blown away."

Meanwhile, Braff, 31, has revealed he is turned on by funny women.

He said: "My type is someone who is fun, silly and smart, has a great sense

of humour and loves to laugh. More than anything, I love to laugh."

Hollywood Rag

From Cindy Adams, 9.11.06:

ANDREW Saffir's Cinema Society screening of Tony Goldwyn's "The Last Kiss" at the Tribeca Grand Hotel drew Rachel Bilson, Emmy Rossum, Christopher Meloni of "Law & Order," Leelee Sobieski, Nicky Hilton, Chazz Palminteri. Its Zach Braff talked of his newfound stardom:

"Know what I bought myself when I made my first big money? A showerhead."

Being killer-sharp as you know I am, I said, cleverly, Whaaa-a-a-a?

"I love long showers. I went to Waterworks and went for a preposterously expensive showerhead. It was $350."

A showerhead is what this talented young hotshot from TV's "Scrubs" sprung for as his first prize possession?

"Yeah. And it's great. The shower comes out like liquid gold."

OK. Moving right along, how's it feel to see his face on a huge big screen?

"Listen, I have to take it as a job. And get over the vanity issue and understand I'm not picture-perfect handsome. I'm a regular-looking guy. I have to know my face just somehow speaks to this generation.

"What's really great is my parents seeing what's happened to me. I'm actually following my father. He used to do community theater, and, as a kid, I'd always go watch him perform. He was my idol. My parents live in South Orange, New Jersey, and I visit them all the time."

Me, I'm the newest person in love with Zach Braff.

Braff's Bilson 'Kiss' Off

Posted Sep 11th 2006 5:14PM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

Though they play lovers in their new film "The Last Kiss," Zach Braff and Rachel Bilson jokingly exchanged blows while interviewing each other for Moviefone's "Unscripted" series.

The 25-year-old Bilson asked the "Scrubs" star "When was high school for you, like 20 years ago?" to which the 31-year-old Braff responded, "When was it for you, 10 minutes ago? You still have some after-birth on your neck."

In the full interview, available at Moviefone.com, Bilson also talks about her sex symbol status, "The OC" without Mischa Barton, and her desire to move away from the show as well.

KISS'-ING UP

A dapper Zach Braff gets a grip on costar Jacinda Barrett at the Toronto Film Festival premiere of their movie The Last Kiss on Sunday. The romantic comedy also stars The O.C.'s Rachel Bilson.

Posted Image

END QUOTE

Page Six

September 15, 2006 -- "ONE guy told me I inspired him to never get a day job. I'm not sure how I did that" - "Scrubs" star Zach Braff on his blog . . . "AT least [steve Irwin] died doing something that he loved, tracking wild animals out in the open sea. When it is my time to go, hopefully I will be online shopping" - Margaret Cho on her blog.

Notes from all over

Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson have reportedly hit a rough patch. The stars of “The O.C.” fell in love while working on the show, and it “looked like they were on their way to getting engaged just a little while back,” a source told Star, but “are going through a really difficult period right now.” One reason, according to the insider, may be because of Bilson’s friendship with Zach Braff, her co-star from “The Last Kiss.” “Zach calls Rachel a lot and they talk on the phone like girlfriends,” says the insider. "But what really eats away at Adam is when Rachel starts talking about how mature Zach is. No guy appreciates his girlfriend comparing him to another guy.”

CURB APPEAL

Jessica Biel makes dog-walking duties a tag-team affair as she gives Zach Braff full reign of one of her two pooches during a Saturday stroll in Los Angeles's Griffith Park.

Posted Image

CURB APPEAL

Jessica Biel makes dog-walking duties a tag-team affair as she gives Zach Braff full reign of one of her two pooches during a Saturday stroll in Los Angeles's Griffith Park.

Posted Image

How does this guy score girls like this?

Zach Braff Says He Has 'Mild Depression'

SATURDAY JANUARY 13, 2007 06:00 AM EST

By Brian Orloff

While Zach Braff launched his career on the slapstick sitcom Scrubs, the actor says in real life, he resembles the depressed character he played in Garden State.

"I think I suffer from some mild depression," he tells Parade magazine in an interview to be published on Sunday. "So to have millions of people go, 'I watched your movie and related' was the ultimate affirmation that I'm not a freak."

Braff, 31, who wrote and directed Garden State, says that he stands out in Hollywood – and he doesn't mind. "I don't have any famous friends other than the guys I work with on Scrubs, he says. "I don't care about image and all that nonsense. I'm in sweat pants every day. I don't play the game at all."

But some aspects of Braff's Hollywood life do garner public attention – especially his relationships. The actor recently dated singer Mandy Moore, who is now in the early stages of dating Adam "DJ A.M." Goldstein.

"We were together for a while, and that is the only true thing that has ever been written about my romantic life," he jokes to Parade.

Nevertheless, Braff says he wants to start a family. So what does he look for in a woman? "(Someone) who is funny and energetic and passionate about what she does," he says.

Nominated for a Golden Globe for best actor in a comedy series for Scrubs, Braff says he has yet to decide whether or not the beloved series will continue, but does feel "optimistic that there will be a seventh season."

In the meantime, he is readying another film, Fast Track, with Amanda Peet, a romantic comedy due out in March about a family man who is saddled with a bad job.

"At my age, those are the things you are always talking about," Braff says, explaining that the comedy has real-life implications. "If I'm going to have kids, how will that change things? I like to think that all of the introspection leads to something really funny."

Title Adjustment

ZACH Braff's new movie, "Fast Track," has slowed to a crawl. Braff says the release date was pushed back from last week until sometime in March because he and co-stars Amanda Peet and Jason Bateman don't have the time to promote it. In addition, the "Scrubs" hunk reveals the Weinstein Company is changing the name. "The studio always hated the title because the movie has nothing to do with a fast track. Nothing to do with tracks or fastness at all," Braff writes on his blog. "It is indeed about a nightmare ex-boyfriend who tortures a current boyfriend, me." Appropriately, he says the new title is "The Ex."