princess

Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba Hates Weddings & Cool Kids

Posted Image

Is there anything Jessica Alba actually likes?! Les Miseralba said that she hates weddings and just wants a big party when she gets married to Cash Warren. The grouch said, "Everyone I know hates weddings. I've been to very big, beautiful and romantic weddings, but I would rather just throw a big party. I am probably going to go to get my certificate at the City Council, throw a big party for the family and that's about it." Let's see....having a big party to celebrate your recent marriage? Isn't that called a big wedding reception? I just wish she would keep her beautiful lips shut already.

Jessica also continued to blab and this time she talked about how she wants her kid to be a nerd. “I want my kid to be a nerd. I want him to be really, really smart. I want them to be in the band or orchestra. No, that's a joke. I keep telling my fiancé: 'Our kid can't be cool. It has to be a nerd.' They're so much more dynamic.”

The kid isn't even born yet and she's already putting pressure on it. That poor kid is going to be popping pills before he even walks.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Pop Tarts: Jessica Alba Likes Obama; Paris Confused by Primaries

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

By Hollie McKay

LOS ANGELES — Jessica Alba is a young woman whose power extends far beyond the Hollywood Hills. In fact, it goes all the way to Capitol Hill as she joins a slew of stars supporting presidential candidates.

"I am leaning toward Obama," Alba told Pop Tarts at the premiere of her new thriller, "The Eye," on Thursday night. "He is pretty incredible!"

But even though Alba is earning big bucks as one of the most in-demand dames in Tinseltown, it turns out she is troubled by the value of her bountiful bank balance.

"The economy is huge — the fact that our dollar is so low is unbelievable," Alba said. "Health care is another big one and, obviously, the war in Iraq."

Later, Pop Tarts spotted a somewhat sick-with-the-flu Jess hightailing it from the theater just moments after the movie began, and the pre-yummy mommy didn't return for the after-party, either.

According to an insider, the thrill and intensity of the new flick not only caused Alba to suffer nightmares during filming, it also causes "trigger kicking" from her bouncy little bun in the oven when she watches it.

Paris Confused by Primaries?

It appears that Paris Hilton doesn't (shock!) watch the news or read the papers.

Hilton hosted a press day for her new flick, "The Hottie and the Nottie," on Sunday alongside co-star Christine Lakin. But according to our insider, when asked about politics and who she was supporting in the primaries, the hotel heiress didn't seem too sure what was going on.

"Christine quickly jumped in and responded," said our source. "After the interviewer left, she asked Christine what the primaries were and how many there were, so Christine patiently went through what the process was."

Perhaps our Paris just has other things on her mind — like Valentine's Day. Pop Tarts has confirmed the Hollywood hottie will be in her home-away-from-home (aka LAX nightclub in Las Vegas) to play Cupid at a posh post-V-Day bash next Friday night.

But even though she's single, we don't doubt there will plenty of people lined up to share the love with the former "Simple Life" starlet.

"All I need is a nice card from a guy," Hilton told Pop Tarts on Monday night.

But according to her co-star Lakin, the Hilton heiress isn't so simplistic in real life.

"There is a lot more to Paris than most people know — she isn't a diva at all," Lakin said at "The Hottie and the Nottie" Hollywood premiere. "She really took the role really seriously and even saw an acting coach. She came to the set every day knowing what she was doing and worked hard."

Sexy Celebs Not Selling Movie Tickets

AOL

(Feb. 4) -- It wasn't long ago that an actress or actor with major sex appeal was enough to guarantee a decent turnout at the box office.

Those days, it seems, are over. Whether it's Eva Longoria, Jessica Simpson, Jessica Alba or even their male counterparts like Ryan Phillippe, movie fans just arent dishing out cash to see bodies on the big screen.

This past weekend, Alba's 'The Eye' took in just $13 million, which, depending how you look at it, is either good or bad. It could be viewed as good, being that it came in second place and already made more than Alba's last movie ('Awake'), but on the negative side, $13M is quite low for a debut with an A-lister like Alba.

Eva Longoria has seen television success, but that didn't add up to big screen bounty. Longoria's movie debut in 'Over Her Dead Body' finished in 11th place in its opening week, making less than $5M.

It's an epidemic that's been hitting Hollywood hard lately. Lindsay Lohan is no longer a sure bet, as her 'I Know Who Killed Me' bombed in box offices around the country. Even Hollywood's hunky men aren't pulling like they used to, with Orlando Bloom, Ryan Phillippe and others all seeing less-than-stellar returns in theaters lately.

STFU Jessica Alba!

Posted Image

Jessica Alba told Latina Magazine that she plans to only speak Spanish to her baby, but the problem is....she doesn't speak Spanish herself. Can someone check this ho's birth certificate, because I really think she was born yesterday.

Jessica said, "I wish to God that my dad spoke Spanish to my brother and me, but he didn't grow up with it. Hopefully I can pick it up because I want my kids to speak Spanish. I don't even want them to speak English for maybe the first two to three years, until pre-school. We're in the United States so they're going to learn it anyway."

She said she regretted not learning Spanish when she was a kid, because it made her feel less Latin. "I got shunned (and) it made me feel really bad, like maybe I'm not (a Latina)."

This dumb ass ho. She doesn't speak Spanish, but she wants her baby to only speak it? I hope she doesn't speak at all around this poor baby. It doesn't need to learn the language known as MORON.

Jessica Alba Speaks Out About Her Latina Roots

PEOPLE

Jessica Alba, who has long been dogged in the blogosphere by accusations that she's abandoned her Latina roots, is hitting back in a new magazine interview.

"I always took pride in being Latina," the actress says in the March issue of Latina magazine.

Alba, who recently announced she is pregnant with fiancé Cash Warren's baby, also says, "I'm excited for my baby to be brown. I just have to believe the dark gene is going to survive. Cash and I are like, please."

Responding to rumors that she cut loose from her Mexican heritage, she says, "I never said that. Cut loose from what? Why would I want to cut loose from the only family I know?" (Alba's father is Mexican-American, though both of his parents were born in California. Her mother is of Dutch and French descent.)

In the magazine, which hits stands Feb. 19, Alba says she initially struggled to be accepted as 'mainstream' in Hollywood. "I was always trying to figure out 'How the hell am I going to be mainstream? How are people going to accept me? When are they going to get a clue that I am American, that this is what America looks like – people like me who are mixed, have different blood, mixed with different ethnicities? When are the people who are hiring for these jobs and writing these screenplays going to realize that?'" Alba says.

"I always took pride in being Latina, it's something I always embraced," she adds. "But when I got shunned, it made me feel really bad, like maybe I'm not."

She says that now she loves her Latin features. "I like that I look different; I like having flavor. I think it's funny that women get their lips injected, butt implants – everyone wants to look like us now."

As an expectant mom, some of her assets are even more enhanced. "When you're pregnant, your breasts are engorged and your stomach is getting bigger by the second," she says. "But it's awesome. It's the best time ever."

Re: all the Latina and baby comments

Wow. I've never had much feelings about this girls one way or the other but gosh - she is really stupid.

The worst part is that she doesnt realise it. She obviously thinks she is actually really smart and above everyone else. Ah! The worst kind of moron!

She needs to just needs to stop doing interviews!!

Praying For A Brown Baby

Posted Image

Oh, Yessica! I want to call her Yessica, because she probably fucking hates it. Yessica MiserAlba! Yes, homey is at it again. This comes from Latina Magazine again and this time she said she's hoping for a brown baby.

"I'm excited for my baby to be brown. I just have to believe the dark gene is going to survive. Cash and I are like, please."

She already said she doesn't want a cool baby and wants her child to only speak Spanish at first. This poor fetus already has so much pressure. It's sitting in her womb, freaking out, writing down, "must be brown, must be nerdy, must speak Spanish or Alba will not loves me."

She also talked about being accepted in Hollywood, because she's so different. Yeah, she sticks out like a sore thumb. NOT. "I was always trying to figure out 'How the hell am I going to be mainstream? How are people going to accept me? When are they going to get a clue that I am American, that this is what America looks like – people like me who are mixed, have different blood, mixed with different ethnicities? When are the people who are hiring for these jobs and writing these screenplays going to realize that?'" Bitch, you are mainstream. She's fucking working constantly. Ugh!!! I want to shake this girl until her brain snaps back into the correct position.

Someone close to her really needs to super glue her mouth shut already. I want to love her so bad, but she's making it hard. Let me love you Alba. Make it happen.

Alba wows geeks at Oscars' tech fest

AP

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - At the first Academy Award presentations of the year, 20 computer geeks graciously accepted honors for their work on particle flow simulation technology — stuff that makes water scenes in the movies look more realistic.

With an end to the writers strike in sight, and the prospect of a reassuringly stylish Oscars ceremony on the minds of most everyone in the industry, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts kept its Scientific and Technical Awards dinner Saturday night as charmingly unglamorous as ever. A magician provided the pre-meal entertainment, Jessica Alba showed up to present the awards — and be gawked at — and nerddom was held up as something to celebrate.

"Fluid effects rock and all of us who work in fluids know this," one honoree, Nafees Bin Zafar, said earnestly.

With all the writing for the show done by an Academy administrator who isn't part of the Writers Guild, picket lines were nowhere to be seen. And though the three-month walkout by Hollywood writers wasn't mentioned once by awards winners, Academy President Sid Ganis was giddy before the meal over prospects for a settlement over the weekend and a green light for a full-fledged Oscar ceremony Feb. 24.

Organizers had been forced to prepare for two Oscar shows — one with writers and stars and one without.

"Hopefully, I'll be getting a call on my cell phone from those who are involved in all this," Ganis said. "If we have a go, then I'll call (telecast producer) Gil (Cates) right away. ... I can't wait. I so hope we can say 'Plan A.'"

Alba was visibly pregnant in a frilly gray dress as she nimbly picked her way through a script laden with difficult technical references like "semi-Lagrangian" (it's a mathematical process used in special-effects software that simulates gas clouds).

The star of "The Eye" was the subject of several awkward sidelong glances from winners, all but one of whom were male.

"For a computer geek like me, it's really sexy to hear Jessica talk about stable, semi-Lagrangian fluid flows," quipped Duncan Brinsmead of Autodesk, a developer of the tools for visual effects.

"They said I got 60 seconds so I might just spend the last 15 realizing I'm 10 feet away from the most beautiful woman on the planet," said Ron Fedkiw, a Stanford University associate professor and consultant to Industrial Light and Magic on fluid simulation. "And no restraining order this time."

Other winners were more demure. Honored for the invention of pint-sized fog machines, Jorg Pohler remained silent as if playing Penn to Rudiger Kleinke's Teller. While Kleinke read an acceptance speech, Pohler smiled sublimely as puffs of smoke wafted up from inside his tuxedo.

Screens at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel ballroom displayed clips of movies that used the honored technologies, including "Happy Feet," "Poseidon" and "Transformers." The only face from more well-known Oscar categories to make an appearance was supporting actor nominee Javier Bardem in a clip of "No Country for Old Men."

Makeup artist Christien Tinsley developed the "Tinsley Transfer" process of self-adhesive markings that made Bardem's face appear bloody and beaten in the film.

Most winners received certificates, plaques or a medallion; only two actual Oscars were handed out. The Eastman Kodak Company received a statuette for its widely used Vision2 color negative films, and David Grafton got one for his engineering of lenses used to create special effects in films including "Ghostbusters" and "Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back."

Jessica Alba Does Some MORE Mournful Furniture Shopping

Posted Image

Here's Jessica Alba stopping in to a few furniture stores on La Cienega and 3rd Street in Los Angeles and I swear, this woman is the least joyful shopper I've ever seen. Getting stuff is such a struggle for her. It's probably because she has to bear the burden of being so sexy and rich. I guess I can understand her annoyance if having to buy furniture is one of her pet peeves, but if that's the case, then she can just hire an interior designer.

The mommy-to-be also popped into a the Bel Bambino store on Robertson, looking for baby stuff. I have to say that despite myself, I'm kind of digging on the giant purple bag just because it's so...big and purple. Maybe it's all the Barney I watched as a babysitter. She could also be taking fashion tips from her buddy, Eva.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

'Latina' Magazine Scares the Shit Out of Jessica Alba

Posted Image

Whoah, has someone been peeking into my dream journal? Because this photo shoot of Jessica Alba playing the hapless victim in a number of famous horror film classics is quite satisfying to me in a way that I probably shouldn't be sharing with people.

The expecting actress posed for these series of photos for Latina magazine and although I'm loving the concept and the art direction, there's just something about Jessica's portrayal of terror that isn't quite nailing it. I feel like it's a challenge on "America's Next Top Model" that has me feeling like I'm sitting on panel wishing she'd stop being "pretty girl scared" and just really go for it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Side By Side

Although it was fun trashing Jessica Alba yesterday, I thought that in order to be more sporting there should at least be a side by side comparison of the relevant photos. Now we can let the bashing begin. Since it is my blog, I will go first. You can see the terror on Janet Leigh's face on the right. Literally you can tell why she did not take a shower again in her life. (Thanks) Jessica on the other hand looks like she is either opening her mouth for a dental appointment or if we want to say she is an actress I guess she could be performing Psycho The Musical on Broadway. Set to the tune of whatever the hell you want to set it to."Someone's here. Who is it. Oh no, he's got a knife."

Posted Image

Jessica looks like a cartoon character here compared to Mia Farrow. I really hope they told her to go overboard and this isn't what her first thought was when they said Rosemary's Baby.

Posted Image

Tippi Hedren has some nice teeth doesn't she? That being said this is probably Jessica's best effort, although I don't know why they just curled the Drew Barrymore wig and couldn't spring for another wig. Look at the eyes on Tippi though.

Posted Image

Jessica here looks she has to burp or that some guy is coming to her with a new long distance plan she doesn't want to hear about. There is no way that Jessica could pull off Drew's expression even if she practiced and practiced for months.

Posted Image

OK, enough with the Alba, she is done for awhile.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/

Scream! Pregnant Jessica Alba goes psycho as she recreates the horror movie classics

dailymail

Some might say it's an unusual thing to do while pregnant with your first child.

But clearly Jessica Alba is prepared to put aside her personal feelings for her art, as the actress took on the iconic roles of horror movie heroines Rosemary's Baby star Mia Farrow, and Psycho's Janet Leigh for a magazine photoshoot.

The photo shoot for Latina magazine saw the 26-year old star of horror movie The Eye pick her top five horror films and recreate the iconic scenes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Psycho, Scream, Exorcist, The Birds and Rosemary's Baby were all shot with Jessica in place of the original actors.

With the help of professional hair and make-up artists, Jessica is made to look uncannily like the female stars of the films, paying tribute to among others; Tippi Hedren in Hitchcock classic The Birds, and Janet Leigh in Psycho.

In the 1976 Roman Polanski film, Mia Farrow famously gave birth to a baby which she later discovered to be the son of Satan.

Posted Image

The self-professed horror movie fan recently revealed she once took a date to watch horror movie The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - so she could cuddle up to him in fear.

Canny Jessica said watching a scary film in the cinema is the best way to get intimate with a new love.

The actress who is pregnant with her fiance Cash Warren's baby, said: "When you're just starting to get used to the opposite sex, it's a great icebreaker".

Posted Image

In her interview with Latina, she takes the opportunity to address critics who say she does not acknowledge her Latin roots.

Cover star: Jessica is due to give birth in late spring/early summer and is engaged to the baby's father Cash Warren

She said: "I always took pride in being Latina, it's something I always embraced.

"But when I got shunned, it made me feel really bad, like maybe I'm not."

Asked if she wants to speak Spanish, she said: "Yeah - hell yeah!"

She added: "I wish to God that my dad spoke Spanish to my brother and me, but he didn't grow up with it."

She revealed that she is already taking lessons, and has considered making "a move to a country for three months" to immerse herself in the language.

Jessica is due to give birth to her first child in late spring, early summer after announcing her pregnancy last December.

She has been with 28 year-old director's assistant Cash Warren since 2004 after the couple met on the set of film The Fantastic Four, on which Warren was a director's assistant.

Alba Set for Twins?

Jessica Alba reportedly has just learned she's set to join Jennifer Lopez and become a first-time mom to twins.

The sexy actress is the latest Hollywood star set to join the current twins trend, which was kicked off by Julia Roberts and Marcia Cross and now reportedly includes Angelina Jolie as well.

Alba reportedly is so excited about the news, she has been letting all her friends know, and one source has blurted the baby exclusive out to the National Enquirer, along with the due date, June 8.

One friend tells the publication, "Knowing that she's going to have twins has turned Jessica's life upside down. She and (fiance) Cash have had to scrap plans for a one-baby nursery and start all over again."

Although the couple know they're set to become parents to twins, they have no idea about the sex of their babies.

The source adds, "They're not sure whether they want to know the sex of the babies now or wait to be surprised."

I hate to show my ignorance, but .... can someone tell me what the difference is between the following: hispanic, latino, and mexican?

:huh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino

Wikipedia has a nice overview. Typical american usage--Latino is someone from latin america (mexico, central america). Hispanic refers to someone of spanish-speaking origin--so can refer to Spain as well as "latin" america. Mexican is someone of mexican (the country) descent. Chicano/a is an american of mexican descent.

NB: I learned the definitions/usages because I studied demography, not because I am hispanic/latina/chicana--so my understandings of the terms are academic. Someone who is Latino might be able to give a more personal response.

Double The Fun For Alba?

Posted Image

Having just one baby is obviously not good enough for celebsluts, so they now they are having two! The National Enquirer is reporting that Alba is definitely having twins. She has been telling all her friends and giving June 8th as her due date.

A source said, "Knowing that she's going to have twins has turned Jessica's life upside down. She and (fiance) Cash have had to scrap plans for a one-baby nursery and start all over again." What's to fucking change? Just throw in another crib and call it a day. These people are so high-maintenance!

I just hope that two brown babies pop out of her. She did say she's "dreaming of a brown baby" and if she's got one white and one brown, the white one is assed out. It's going to grow up trying to put bronzer all over his body to make Alba happy. Poor things. Now two babies have to deal with that woman instead of just one.

Jessica Alba Overcompensates in Her Interview with 'Latina' Magazine

Posted Image

In what I can only assume is an attempt on Jessica Alba's part to dismiss any rumors that she's a self-hating Latina, she gave an interview with "Latina" magazine in which she sounds like she's over-correcting a bit. She gushed about how proud she was of her Mexican roots, saying, "I'm excited for my baby to be brown. I just have to believe the dark gene is going to survive. Cash and I are like, please!" How about just wishing that the your child be healthy? And not mentally-challenged, like its mother?

Jessica also told a little anecdote about her childhood to further emphasize her love of all things dark-skinned, including her father. "When I was little, I used to go up to black men and hold their legs, thinking it was my dad, all the time. I'd wrap my arms around them, then look up and be like, 'Oh my God!'"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

What the hell is going on with all these twins? :huh:

Probably a result of IVF (Invitro Fertilization) which increases the chance of having multiples. Marcia Cross, Julia Roberts, JLo, Geena Davis were rumored to have gone through IVF--couldn't really say about Jessica--in her case it may have just been chance.

Use of fertility drugs (not just IVF) can increase the chance of twins too, I think. Though, like abomb, I'm less inclined to believe that's the case for Alba......Must just be that Hollyweird water ;)

Les MiserALBA Hits The Carpet!

Posted Image

No, she probably really did hit the carpet with her fist, because she was mad at it. Bitch is a grouch! Jessica Alba just had her moment with Ryan Gaycrest and he asked her if she was going to breastfeed. I swear she was thinking of spitting in his face and then calling him a "dumb homo." She was thinking about it! Cash is brain dead. No, I really think he is. Either that or he's afraid to say anything, because MiserALBA will freeze his checking account and stop his credit cards if he effs with her.

The dress is alright if you're into wine vomit.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Lea