princess

Oprah Winfrey

Orlando Bloom, The Gift Giver

The Hollywood star gave Oprah a dog collar and a leather leash By: Entertainment News Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orlando Bloom has recently visited Oprah Winfrey’s daily talk show. The famous actor gave the media mogul a dog collar and a leash as a gift for her beloved pet dog. "It's a little personal, but these leashes are handmade, hand stitched", Orlando explained.

Bloom confessed he fell in love with leather goods store Leatherhead while shooting new movie ELIZABETHTOWN in Louisville, Kentucky and spent a fortune on gifts for himself, his pet dog and friends.

The Hollywood actor has shown his generous side to Oprah, by asking her help to locate a Louisville Hurricane Katrina evacuee, named Jessica, who lost her Lord of The Rings collection in the August storm, so he could take her to the premiere of his latest flick, Elizabethtown.

Bloom paid a surprise visit to the girl and offered her Guess clothing vouchers and signed Lord of The Rings goodies in replacement for her lost "treasure".

The 28-year-old British star confessed he was happy to give something back to a fan who has helped making his life amazing.

"One of the things that I'm learning really quickly is when you have so much good fortune in life the best thing you can do and the most rewarding thing you can do is just to give it back in some way", Bloom declared.

(Foxnews.com)Oprah Rewards Women Who Helped Nab Sex Offender Wednesday, October 12, 2005 FARGO, N.D. — Two friends who identified a convicted sex offender profiled on "The Oprah Winfrey (search) Show" received $50,000 checks for their part in capturing the fugitive from Indiana. The arrest of William C. Davis, 33, came just days after Winfrey announced a campaign to track down sex offenders. Another fugitive who was wanted in Ohio also has been arrested since the broadcast, officials said.Karie Miller, of Fargo (search), and Jean Rosenthal, of Moorhead, Minn., held hands Tuesday while walking onto the set of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" to a standing ovation by the audience.Miller tipped off FBI agents last week, reporting that Davis lived above her family in a north Fargo apartment. Davis was arrested in Fargo on Thursday, two days after Winfrey broadcast his face and offered $100,000 for information leading to his capture."This is why I say you were so courageous, because you know what courage is," Winfrey told the women. "It's being scared but doing it anyway."Rosenthal also saw Winfrey's Oct. 4 show on fugitives accused of preying on children when she recognized the profile of a man she knew as Mark Allen Davis. After Miller checked the profile, she called FBI agents in Minneapolis to turn in the neighbor of her friend.Authorities wanted Davis, of Wadesville, Ind., on felony charges of molesting three Indiana boys and failing to register as a sex offender.Davis, who was convicted of child molestation in 1992, used an Indiana birth certificate and driver's license to obtain a North Dakota license in his brother's name.Another accused sex offender, Niles Scott, was arrested in Belize after a woman recognized him on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and contacted local authorities, according to an FBI statement posted on Winfrey's Web site.Scott, 50, was wanted in the sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl, and he has been returned to Cleveland to face charges, the FBI said."The FBI (search) is very thankful to the Oprah Winfrey show and the general public for helping us catch this dangerous fugitive," said Cleveland FBI agent Scott Wilson.

EOnline.com

BRITISH INVASION: The U.K.'s ITV2 picking up two seasons of The Oprah Winfrey Show, to begin airing in January. The move marks the first time the chatfest has aired in Britain since 2003.

(IMDB.COM)Winfrey Nabs Another Child MolesterOprah Winfrey is celebrating a second victory in her campaign to catch up with America's most wanted child molesters. The TV talk show queen launched her Child Predator Watch List earlier this month by offering $100,000 rewards for information leading to each capture. One Minnesota woman recognized a photograph of neighbor William C. Davis, who was living life under a pseudonym as he ran from police and reported him to the authorities days after Winfrey launched the initiative. And now generous Winfrey is handing out the cash again after predator Niles Scott was arrested in Belize, where he was running from an outstanding arrest in Ohio. Winfrey plans to detail the arrest of Scott during a live segment on her show today.

In Europe, we don't have Oprah's TV show or magazine. But while visiting Canada last week, I picked up a copy of "O" and I have to say, I find Oprah preachy and holier-than-thou. I'm glad that she's a philanthropist, although I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong!?) that most of the money she gives away is from sponsors and fans. And I was horrified to learn of the brou-ha-ha over the Hermes "incident." Employees at retail stores work very hard for not much money, and if someone is closing their store you should let them do their work in peace rather than accuse them of racism. In fact, I wish that more shops would refuse to kow-tow to the rich and famous and ask that they buy during regular store hours like the rest of us!

(Out.com)McMillan Confronts HusbandSpeaking of Oprah, the entrepreneur used her talk show to reunite writer Terry McMillan (How Stella Got Her Groove Back) with her ex-husband, Jonathan Plummer. The two divorced earlier this year with a public firestorm over Plummer’s revelation that he is gay. McMillan liberally used the word “fag” and accused the Jamaican Plummer of marrying her to get his green card. Plummer sued her for buckets of money. Things weren’t exactly amicable on Oprah’s show, but at least the pair didn’t kill each other. “I always thought Jonathan was not the most masculine man that I had been with,” McMillan told Winfrey before Plummer took the stage. But the writer says she didn’t suspect he was gay because “all men aren’t masculine. He wasn’t effeminate.” The pair argued over accountability for much of the show, with Plummer acknowledging, “I did expect her to be upset.” No kidding.

(Out.com)

McMillan Confronts Husband

Speaking of Oprah, the entrepreneur used her talk show to reunite writer Terry McMillan (How Stella Got Her Groove Back) with her ex-husband, Jonathan Plummer. The two divorced earlier this year with a public firestorm over Plummer’s revelation that he is gay. McMillan liberally used the word “fag” and accused the Jamaican Plummer of marrying her to get his green card. Plummer sued her for buckets of money. Things weren’t exactly amicable on Oprah’s show, but at least the pair didn’t kill each other. “I always thought Jonathan was not the most masculine man that I had been with,” McMillan told Winfrey before Plummer took the stage. But the writer says she didn’t suspect he was gay because “all men aren’t masculine. He wasn’t effeminate.” The pair argued over accountability for much of the show, with Plummer acknowledging, “I did expect her to be upset.” No kidding.

I GUESS STELLA GAVE HER GROOVE BACK HUH? Edited by Rebelgirl

(Contactmusic.com)WINFREY WILL NEVER MARRY FIANCE OPRAH WINFREY never intends to marry fiance STEDMAN GRAHAM, as his proposal was guarantee enough their relationship is serious.The talk show host doesn't see the point in marrying her partner of 17 years, but she insists he did ask.Winfrey says, "A piece of paper does not define a life. I always knew that was not the answer for me."I was like most women though. I wanted a man who, I wanted to know he did want it. So I'm telling you, after he proposed, I was over it."I do believe that had we gotten married, we would not be together today. The traditional role of marriage would not work in this relationship." 11/11/2005 17:24

My lips are sealed. There have been rumors about him. Shoot, the Gail & Oprah rumors are the most popular. ;)

Maybe he and Big Gay Al can get together for a chat one of these days...

If they got together they would probably do more than chat. Maybe Star and Oprah can get it on...Better yet....maybe they can call have an orgy together..............ewwww!

people.com

TUESDAY, NOV. 15

Want to relive the time Oprah Winfrey wheeled out a wagon filled with fat to dramatize how much weight she'd lost? That 1988 segment and other moments make up The Oprah Winfrey Show: 20th Anniversary DVD Collection, a six-disc retrospective of the hugely influential talk show, as well as behind-the-scenes footage and a running commentary by Winfrey. Profits from the set will benefit the Oprah's Angel Network

(IMDB.COM)Winfrey Doubted Cruise and Holmes RomanceTalk show host Oprah Winfrey was amazed when Tom Cruise displayed his love for Katie Holmes by jumping euphorically on her sofa - because she didn't believe the romance was real. The high-profile couple, who are now engaged and expecting a baby, began dating in April but were immediately accused of orchestrating a publicity stunt to promote new movies Batman Begins and War Of The Worlds. Winfrey admits she agreed with the critics, and was stunned by Cruise's exhibitionist behavior. She says, "It was wilder than it was appearing to me. I was just trying to maintain the truth for myself because I couldn't figure out what was going on. I was not buying - not buying or not buying. That's why I kept saying 'you're gone, you're really gone'."

Oh please. She totally sucked up to him when he was on the show and is trying to back-pedal now because she know she lost credibility when she didn't "call him" on it.

(NYDailynews.com)Oprah's still got us talking By JOE DZIEMIANOWICZ, MICHELE INGRASSIA, ,MARISA GUTHRIE, AMY DILUNA and CHRISSY PERSICO Call it Oprahpalooza. Or Wall-to-Wall Winfrey.Whatever you call it, we are clearly in the midst of an Oprah Winfrey moment.On Monday, the daytime talk queen aired the 20th anniversary episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." Yesterday saw the release of a six-disk DVD collection looking back at the chatfest's historic 20-year run.Maybe it's 20/20 hindsight, but we'll take 20 more years, Oprah.1. Oprah's like a superhero - she catches bad guys: Last month, Winfrey set her sights on the FBI's most-wanted pedophile list with "Oprah's Child Predator Watch List." Barely 48 hours passed before two pedophiles were nabbed. Winfrey shelled out $100,000 of her own money to tipsters. She said, "This is the best money I've ever spent."2. Oprah promotes reading: She has used the power of the spotlight to get us to pick up books. What a novel idea! According to Publishers Weekly, the Oprah imprimatur can add up to 500,000 copies sold. 3. Oprah demonstrates that fat girls can win: While every other institution in America promotes the blond-haired, blue-eyed, loooong-legged ideal, Oprah shows that you can start out fat, not-so-pretty and plenty poor and still turn into a swan.4. Oprah wears her own jewelry: In an age when even D-list celebs borrow baubles from Fred Leighton and Cartier, Oprah always shows up to awards ceremonies wearing her own gazillion-carat diamond studs or the earrings with the huge dangling teardrops.5. Oprah's always eager to spread her artistic wings: She is self-assured enough to try her hand at something new, artistically, whether it's acting ("Beloved") or producing a Broadway musical ("The Color Purple").6. Oprah is NOT afraid of a dustup: In 1998 Oprah took on Texas ranchers in a landmark First Amendment lawsuit and WON. (The ranchers sued Winfrey to the tune of $10.3 million after she said on her show that she was swearing off burgers because of fears of mad cow disease.) More recently, she taught Hermes a lesson in humility when she publicly rebuked the luxury French retailer for a perceived snub at their Paris boutique last summer.7. Everyone Oprah touches turns to gold: If not for her, brilliant women like Maya Angelou may have gone unnoticed by the hoi polloi, nobody would care about Colin Cowie or his table centerpieces and, um, Dr. Phil who?8. Oprah's a survivor: Raped at 9. by a 19-year-old cousin, most women would curl up and die. Oprah didn't tell for 12 years, lived through a shaky adolescence, courted men she knew were bad for her and, finally, found her way into a clearing.9. Oprah still gets star-struck: Whether it's Bono or Julia Roberts, Oprah still isn't above a good old-fashioned freakout when a big celeb hits her stage.10. With Oprah, there's no such thing as TMI: Though she's ostensibly a private person, she devoted an entire show segment to her own bad-hair day, and we discovered yesterday that her jeans are all wrong (they "spotlight" her thighs. Gross!). Oh, and once she wheeled a wagon of fat onstage, to represent her 67-pound weight loss. Yikes.11. Oprah doesn't take no crap from nobody: Don't think she has let Anna Wintour forget the day she told her to lose weight to be in Vogue. Or forgiven Elizabeth Taylor for "the worst interview ever."12. Oprah made it okay to be a wildly successful, unmarried woman who'd rather have dogs than kids: And housewives in middle America still worship the ground she walks on. Go figure!13. Oprah's the hostess with the mostest: For her "A Bridge to Now" weekend, each of the 60 guests at her Santa Barbara manse luncheon got diamond earrings in engraved silver boxes.14. Oprah's so important, there's a college class about her: "History 298: Oprah Winfrey, the Tycoon: Contextualizing the Economics of Race, Gender, Class in Black Business in Post-Civil Rights America" is taught at the University of Illinois.15. Oprah is a billionaire who can be humble: When she became the presenting producer of Broadway's "The Color Purple," she invested $1 million. But she didn't want her name on the marquee because she didn't want to eclipse the years of work by producer Scott Sanders. He told her his name won't sell tickets. Hers will. Her name is now on the marquee.16. Oprah is a one-woman giving machine: The billionaire's Angel Network gives away $100,000 every week to people who are dedicating their lives to helping others. The organization donated $1 million to help the victims of last December's tsunami. She again reached into her pocket for Hurricane Katrina sufferers, pledging $10 million.17. Oprah gets the last laugh: Part of being a grownup is choosing one's battles. When David Letterman, host of the 1995 Oscars, relentlessly ridiculed her name (along with Uma Thurman's), she kept on smiling. She has since declined all offers to appear on Letterman's show - who's smiling now, Dave?18. Oprah knows what women need to feel better when they're down: Safe Horizon, a New York City shelter for abused women, is a recent recipient of one of Winfrey "Good Works" makeovers, carried out by designer Elaine Griffin and the team from O at Home.19. Oprah puts her audience first: Brad Pitt once wanted to get his mom in the audience for Oprah's "My Favorite Things" broadcast, an extravaganza Winfrey has called "the most coveted ticket in television," since nearly a million dollars worth of goods is given away to audience members. As O would say: Whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo! She said No, no, no, no, no! to Pitt.20. Without Oprah, we wouldn't know that crazy-in-love Tom Cruise had "jumped the couch."

(Pagesix.com)THIRD-STRING CLUB FOR OPRAH OPRAH Winfrey is a billionaire and a role model adored by millions of fans — but she can't get into some of the country clubs near her home in Montecito, Cal. Sources say Oprah applied for membership at the Burnham Wood Country Club and the Knollwood Tennis Club in Montecito, and was rejected by both. "I can't believe they would turn her down, and I can't imagine she'd want to join Burnham Wood," said a neighbor. "It adjoins her property, but her house is bigger than the clubhouse and a hell of a lot nicer, too." Winfrey's spokeswoman said, "It's not true. She never applied." The talk show queen bought a 42-acre ranch in Montecito four years ago for $50 million and named it Tara II after the plantation in "Gone With the Wind." Sources say she was allowed into the Montecito Country Club, "the third-tier club in town" where Michael Douglas is also a member. But the snobs at Burnham Wood and Knollwood found her "pushy." "She offered to build a new tennis court at Knollwood. That's just not done," said one old-timer. "This is a very conservative town." Locals deny Oprah's race might be a factor. Asked if the clubs admit African-Americans, our source said, "There aren't many black people in the area."

(Foxnews.com)Oprah to Appear on 'Late Show' Thursday, December 01, 2005By Adam BuckmanWhat exactly is Oprah Winfrey's problem with David Letterman? In all the stories about her ballyhooed appearance on Thursday night's "Late Show" (11:35 p.m. on CBS) -- her first on a Letterman show in 16 years -- I have yet to read a satisfactory explanation for why she has avoided Dave's show for all that time.Theories abound, however.One of them holds that Oprah was embarrassed by Dave's infamous "Oprah, Uma; Uma, Oprah" line at the 1995 Academy Awards, which Dave hosted.More than 10 years later, it's still a sore subject for Oprah and Uma Thurman, who share a sensitivity about their unusual names."You remember that night, don't you?" Oprah asked Uma on her show in October."How could I forget it?" answered Uma."This is the thing, you have an unusual name too," said Oprah. "Did you always love your name?""No," said Uma, shaking her head vigorously."Just like I didn't either!" Oprah replied.Poor babies.Under another theory floated recently, Oprah is still smarting from her last appearance -- one of only two she has ever made -- on May 2, 1989, when NBC's "Late Night" originated from the Chicago Theatre during a visit to the Windy City.Chicago Tribune TV columnist Phil Rosenthal last week unearthed his paper's coverage of the show from that date (He has access to the Tribune archives; I don't. Moreover, our own archives indicate that The Post ignored Dave's 1989 visit to Chicago entirely).According to the Tribune, Oprah had a rough time. Reported the Trib, "[Letterman] couldn't help that his interview with Oprah Winfrey uncomfortably disintegrated into discussions of black people in restaurants, satanic sacrifices and one scream [from the audience] of, 'Rip her, Dave!"For this off-night, Oprah sentenced Dave to a 16-year snubbing? I can hardly believe that an individual of Oprah's stature can be so spiteful! (I'm being sarcastic, of course)."I've done the show twice," Oprah told Time magazine in December 2003, when she was asked about Dave. "Both times I was sort of like the butt of his jokes. I felt completely uncomfortable sitting in that chair, and I vowed I would not ever put myself in that position again!"There you have it -- the real truth about the Queen of Daytime: Basically, she has no sense of humor whatsoever.Rip her, Dave!

(Zap2it.com)Dave and Oprah, Together at LastBy Rick PorterA couple years back, in one of his countless efforts to draw Oprah Winfrey back to his show, David Letterman proposed a "Super Bowl of Love" in which the two would come together and bury whatever real or perceived animosity lingered between them.After she finally did appear on "The Late Show" Thursday night (Dec. 1) -- 16 years after her last appearance on Letterman's NBC show and on the same night a musical version of "The Color Purple" opened on Broadway, across the street from Letterman's theater -- a question pops to mind: Following their exceedingly pleasant, 50-minutes-with-commercials chat, who's Letterman going to turn to now when he needs a running gag?There's always Regis, I guess, and chances are Letterman won't just abandon one of his most reliable comedy bits. But at times during the show, even Winfrey herself seemed taken aback by her host.Early on, Winfrey remarked that she wasn't sure if Letterman was being sincere about his admiration for her -- expressed profusely in the week since her appearance was confirmed -- "or you were just doing your Dave thing." At least twice during the interview, she said words to the effect of "I can't believe you're being this serious," and she ended by thanking Letterman "for being so nice to me."Part of the "Dave thing," though, has always been his ability to draw out real conversation from his guests. He did it with Winfrey in discussing her pivotal moments in her life and her current efforts to aid children in Africa. Which is not to say that "The Late Show" suddenly turned into "Charlie Rose" Thursday night. Letterman cut several times to shots of "backup host" Tony Danza -- on hand, Dave said, in case anything went wrong, and delivered an all-Oprah Top 10 list and a monologue with lines like "I want to thank Jimmy Carter for brokering the peace settlement. ... Plus, we had to give her a Pontiac."If there ever was any real friction between them, though, neither one could recall the source (although Winfrey told Time a couple years ago that she felt uncomfortable being the subject of numerous Letterman bits). "We've never had a moment's feud, as far as I know," Winfrey says.She even brought a peace offering to prove her point: a photo of her and Uma Thurman -- the two subjects of Letterman's "Oprah, Uma" bit at the 1995 Oscars -- signed by both women. "I want you to know it's really over, whatever you thought was happening," she said.Upon seeing the gift, Letterman remarked, "Are you sure it's over?"

Oprah Zooms into Satellite Radio

Thursday Feb 09, 2006 10:00am EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

Oprah Winfrey is expanding her empire even further.

On Thursday, the media queen signed a three-year, $55 million deal with XM Satellite Radio to introduce "Oprah and Friends," a new channel to be launched this September on the No. 1-ranked U.S. subscription radio service, Reuters reports.

The channel will include a show hosted by Winfrey as well as programs featuring other guests from her syndicated TV show.

XM's smaller rival in the U.S. satellite radio market, Sirius Satellite Radio, is best known as the new home of Howard Stern.

Meanwhile, XM, which currently has more than 6 million subscribers, has said that its goal is to reach 9 million subscribers by the end of the year. Sirius, by comparison, has more than 3 million subscribers.