princess

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Hot Slut Of The Week: Solange Knowles

Posted Image

Birthday: June 24, 1986

Birth Name: Solange Piaget Knowles

Original Date of HS of the Day: December 14, 2007

Claim to Fame: Beyonce's sister. Yup, that's basically it.

Where is she now? Probably sewing Beyonce's dress for the ball or scrubbing the floors. Solange has a second album coming out in 2008 and she also models for her mother's and sister's clothing line, House of Derriere.

Why is she HS of the Week? Solange tries so hard to get out of Beyonce's shadow. I mean she started her own hip hop toy line for preschoolers. Yeah, what the fuck is that? She also will take over as Beyonce's manager when her daddy retires. Lucky her. Basically, Solange is the Knowles we don't talk about and that's why I love her.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Jay-Z and Beyonce married?

Rapper Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter has reportedly wed his longtime love Beyonce Knowles in a small private ceremony in Paris, France.

The superstar couple is alleged to have gotten married while on vacation in the romantic city last week.

According to MediaTakeOut.com, a close relative of the Knowles family said Carter and the R&B beauty decided against the traditional exchanging of rings and chose to get matching tattoos with a personal inscription on their ring fingers instead.

The Photoshop Awards: Beyonce For House Of Derriere

Posted Image

That is obviously not Beyonce's body. For a quick minute I thought I was looking at a darker LaToya Jackson. Beyonce, why do you let your daddy and mama do this to you? That background looks like it was taken from one of those "Western Theme Photo Shoots" they do at amusement parks.

The self-proclaimed “King of New York” will be stepping down at the end of the year from his three year stint as president of Def Jam Records.

“Now it’s time for me to take on new challenges,” he said in a statement Monday. “I am pleased to have had the opportunity to build upon the Def Jam legacy. Not to mention more time with long-time girlfriend Beyoncé.”

During his time as president Def Jam enjoyed several successful releases from himself, Kanye West and Rihanna. Jaz-Z will continue to record with Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam.'

BRICKSANDSTONES

Jay-Z Leaving Def Jam Post

He's been "big pimpin" as president of Def Jam Records since 2005, but Jay-Z is stepping down at the end of the year.

"Now it's time for me to take on new challenges," he said in a statement Monday. "I am pleased to have had the opportunity to build upon the Def Jam legacy." Not to mention more time with long-time girlfriend Beyoncé.

Jay-Z (real name Shawn Carter), 38, whose contract expires at the end of the year, will continue recording for Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam, Variety reports.

During Carter's brief tenure, Def Jam had success with blockbuster releases from himself, Kanye West and Rihanna.

99 Problems and a Job Ain't One

The hip-hop mogul also founded several Roc-a-Fella spin-off companies, including Roca Wear clothing, which he sold in March for $204 million, films, the 40/40 nightclub and a Reebok sneaker line.

Last month, Carter's latest album, American Gangster, opened on top of the charts and moved 784,000 copies. Its predecessor, Kingdom Come, sold about 1.5 million copies in 2006, according to Variety. He has the prestigious record of 10 number one albums in 10 years – tying him with Elvis Presley for the most chart toppers by a solo artist.

He is up for five Grammy Awards, which helped steer Def Jam to a total of 26 nods this year.

Reports have stated that he will now focus on his expanding the franchise of 40/40 Nightclubs – already in New York and Atlantic City – with a Las Vegas location and a new spot in Macau.

There has been no announcement of a replacement or even if there will be one.

people

Jay-Z's New 40/40 Club Fails Safety Inspection?

Hip-hop mogul Jay-Z's New Year's Eve plans have been thrown into disarray after his new Las Vegas club reportedly failed to pass a health and safety inspection.

The rapper was due to ring in the New Year at the latest branch of his exclusive 40/40 club, but the Sin City venue's opening now looks set to be delayed after the unexpected setback.

A source tells celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, "Unless Jay-Z and his team miraculously come up with certain licenses and certificates by Sunday, then they won't be able to go on with their New Year's Eve party plans."

If the reports are true, the star -- real name Shawn Carter -- will be forced to refund all tickets to the club's grand opening.

(Pagesix.com)

Recycle This

CELEBRITY riders - the contracts that specify which luxuries stars require backstage - are notoriously full of crazy demands, but rarely are they sensitive to the environment. While Jennifer Lopez insists on "white everything," Christina Aguilera wants "soy cheese and Oreo cookies," and Beyoncé demands "juicy baked chicken legs heavily seasoned with fresh garlic, seasoned salt, and black and cayenne pepper," the rider for Eve - who performs at the Shore Club in Miami tonight - is said to require "there be no use of Styrofoam or plastic goods, no leather furniture, and only recyclable materials."

Keep Them Away From Any Open Flames

Posted Image

It's Solange Knowles and that other Knowles sister underneath all that wigness. How many Barbie heads had to be scalped in order to dress the heads of these women? Thousands at least! This must stop. The senseless scalping of poor, innocent Barbies must end!

I hope these lovely wig heads stayed away from any open flames or else that joint would've lit up like the look on Tommy Cruise's face when he gets a couple of fingers in his poop shoot.

These two messes came out for the opening of Jay-Z's 40/40 club in Las Vegas last night. I am so sick of Beyonce! Solange really needs to take the spotlight away from her. Solange is a breath of fresh fug and Beyonce is just a bore. She even tried to not be soooo boring by painting one nail dark blue. Didn't work!

Posted Image

Keep Them Away From Any Open Flames

Posted Image

It's Solange Knowles and that other Knowles sister underneath all that wigness. How many Barbie heads had to be scalped in order to dress the heads of these women? Thousands at least! This must stop. The senseless scalping of poor, innocent Barbies must end!

I hope these lovely wig heads stayed away from any open flames or else that joint would've lit up like the look on Tommy Cruise's face when he gets a couple of fingers in his poop shoot.

These two messes came out for the opening of Jay-Z's 40/40 club in Las Vegas last night. I am so sick of Beyonce! Solange really needs to take the spotlight away from her. Solange is a breath of fresh fug and Beyonce is just a bore. She even tried to not be soooo boring by painting one nail dark blue. Didn't work!

Posted Image

Solange would look better if she wore a dress that covered the stretch marks on her breasts.

Solange is as pretty as Beyonce. Beautiful women.

You are right. Both are beautiful women.

Show me a healthy, hetero male that would kick Miss B out of bed. :rolleyes:

OPENING BASH

January 1, 2008 -- JAY-Z opened his latest 40/40 outpost in Las Vegas Sunday night, where he partied with Mary J. Blige, Alan Thicke, his R&B singer son Robin Thicke, and Robin's wife, Paula Patton. Jay-Z dedicated a 15-minute long birthday tribute to his pal NBA star LeBron James, who also came to celebrate. "They brought out a big cake for LeBron and did a video tribute. Then they brought out an even bigger cake, and a hot blonde popped out," said one partygoer. "Beyoncé was there, but she hid out in the skybox all night." DJ Cassidy turntabled the bash, while everyone guzzled Ace of Spades Champagne out of gold-plated bottles.

page six

OPENING BASH

January 1, 2008 -- JAY-Z opened his latest 40/40 outpost in Las Vegas Sunday night, where he partied with Mary J. Blige, Alan Thicke, his R&B singer son Robin Thicke, and Robin's wife, Paula Patton. Jay-Z dedicated a 15-minute long birthday tribute to his pal NBA star LeBron James, who also came to celebrate. "They brought out a big cake for LeBron and did a video tribute. Then they brought out an even bigger cake, and a hot blonde popped out," said one partygoer. "Beyoncé was there, but she hid out in the skybox all night." DJ Cassidy turntabled the bash, while everyone guzzled Ace of Spades Champagne out of gold-plated bottles.

page six

I like Beyonce. She is a good singer and a beautiful woman. What she sees in Jay Z is beyond me.

Hip-hop mogul SHAWN 'JAY-Z' CARTER dismissed reports his new Las Vegas club was in trouble by celebrating its opening with a star-studded bash on Sunday (30Dec07). The rapper's new 40/40 club in Sin City was alleged to have failed a health and safety inspection last week (28Dec07) - just days before it was due to host a New Year's spectacular. But a publicist for the club denied the claims and the reports proved to be unfounded as celebrities including Beyonce Knowles, Ne-Yo and Joe Jackson joined Carter for the launch of the sports bar.

contactmusic.com

Jay-Z To Launch Upscale Hotel Chain

Hip-hop mogul Shawn "Jay-Z" Cater is to add hotelier to his resume -- he's launching a chain of five star hotels.

The rap entrepreneur recently purchased a chunk of land in Manhattan's upmarket Chelsea neighborhood for $66 million through his company, J Hotels.

And now Carter and his business partners, Charlie Blaichman and Abraham and Scott Shnay, have announced their plans for the luxury buildings.

The Manhattan spot will be the firm's flagship location, with the aim of expanding the chain -- to be named after the company -- across the country.

Agent Ronald Solarz, who closed the deal for Eastern Consolidated, says of the property: "West 22nd Street, between 10th and 11th Avenue, is arguably the heart and soul of the West Chelsea High Line district and is a perfect location for an upscale, life style-oriented, five-star hotel."

The "Big Pimpin'" star already owns the sports bar chain 40/40 Club, in addition to numerous ventures in clothing and alcohol branding.

Kanye Admits: Beyoncé Beat Me

How did Kanye West bring in the new Year Year? Not with fireworks or champagne. West welcomed 2008 while getting whooped by Beyoncé Knowles at Connect Four.

The rapper, who's up for eight Grammys next month, said he took up the '70s family game in Europe, where he continued touring after the shocking death of his mother last November.

"I would play this game for hours and hours ... It helped me zone out," West, 30, wrote on his blog Wednesday. "But every now and then people would speak of this legendary Connect 4 champion ... BEYONCE!!!"

"I had 2 play her," he continued, noting that he finally got the chance on New Year's Eve at Jay-Z's brand new 40/40 Club in Las Vegas. "[she] beat me 9 times in a row!"

It was not all humiliation for West, who added that the club is "crazy big" and boasts the "best turkey burgers I've ever had in my life." He did beat Knowles at a single game – and posted a photo to prove it.

people

Is there a nipper for Knowles ?

T’S a sure-fire sign a girl is a looker when she’s still fit without any slap on.

Of course, the gorgeous BEYONCE KNOWLES fits comfortably into that category.

She was snapped out with her rap star fella JAY-Z in Manhattan, New York, looking like she was nipping out for some milk after hanging out the washing.

And I like it.

At least Jay-Z knows he’s not going to wake-up beside a minus-the-make-up monster.

And the word is the singer’s dowdy appearance could be down to her expecting a Destiny’s Child of her own.

A little Beyonce bun in the oven?

It would explain the natural look and the comfy tracky bottoms.

Now that would be a nipper with promising genes...

Posted Image

I love the fact that they base their amazing research and journalistic integrity on the fact that she is not wearing make-up and has a track-suit on :D

Beyonce's Pregnant?

Posted Image

The better question would be "who isn't knocked up?" Sources close to Beyonce claim she's pregnant with Jay-Z's baby. Sources told The Mirror that she's trying to keep her bun in the oven a secret. "Beyonce is giving nothing away. She's always been close to her parents and open about wanting a large family of her own one day."

This source also claims Beyonce and Jay-Z were secretly married in Paris last month. "Beyonce and Solange have been brought up with strong Christian beliefs. Part of that belief is to be married before having children."

It seems like every few months the same rumors come up about these two. If Beyonce was married and pregnant we would know about it. Papa Knowles would make sure of it. They would have some big ass wedding and make a big ass deal about her being knocked up. She would probably put out a CD of lullabies and design a baby line. They would milk the hell out of that baby.

She's not pregnant, she just has a new weave. Here's Beyonce and her man at the Emporio Armani and Versace shows in Milani this past weekend.

Bring Your Ear Plugs!

Posted Image

Beyonce and Tina Turner may duet at the Grammys on February 10th reports Gatecrasher. Beyonce is already getting shit for crossing the WGA picket lines to perform. She's a member of the SAG. Like that bitch gives a shit. She's reportedly rehearsing a special and surprise duet with Tina. Tina rarely performs, so this would be special.

Screw Beyonce! Just let Tina perform by herself. Beyonce always to try out-sing whoever she's on stage with. She ends up sounding like a cat thrown in a tub of ice water. I'd rather hear Tina duet with a cat thrown in ice water than Beyonce.

Beyoncé to Play Etta James

AOL's Black Voices has learned from Cedric the Entertainer that Beyoncé (Dreamgirls) is set to play famed singer Etta James in Sony BMG's Cadillac Records, written and to be directed by Darnell Martin.

The film explores Chicago in the 1950s, charting the colorful lives of American musical legends like Muddy Waters, Chess, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf and Elvis Presley. Adrien Brody, Jeffrey Wright, Columbus Short, Emmanuelle Chriqui and Tammy Blanchard co-star.

Filming will take place in New Jersey and Mississippi.

Beyonce Confirmed To Play Etta James?

Posted Image

There must be some sort of mix-up. It's been reported that Beyonce will play Etta James in a film called "Cadillac Records." Phew, at least it's not a biopic. Cedric the Entertainer spilled the news and said the film explores the Chicago blues label, Chess Records. The label and its founder, Leonard Chess, discovered Muddy Waters and Etta. Adrien Brody will play Leonard Chess. The cast also includes Jeffrey Wright, Emmanuelle Chriqui and Tammy Blanchard.

Fuck, I hope they put Beyonce in that blonde wig. I hope they put her in the wig and don't give her any lines. She is a scene killer! When I first heard this, I thought they were doing a spoof! I would rather see Eddie Murphy do drag for the ten-millionth time to play Etta than see Beyonce no-acting ass try and play Etta.

panachereport.com

Managers at hip-hop mogul Jay-Z's newly-opened Las Vegas sports bar have been accused of abusing staff. The latest venue in the rapper's 40/40 Club chain opened in December (07), just two days before the New Year celebrations.

But the club has been plagued by reports of unprofessional work ethics, with several former staff members speaking out about the poor treatment of employees. According to Las Vegas Weekly magazine, an estimated 100 employees of the 40/40 Club have voluntarily resigned or been fired from their jobs since its launch.

And many disgruntled workers have gone public with their complaints, including allegations of unfair dismissals, threats, degrading treatment and use of the derogatory term 'n**ger' by members of the management team - rumored to be led by Carter's operating partner Desiree Perez, the wife of co-owner Juan Perez.

But club manager Ramon Mata has played down reports of problems at the venue, saying: "As with all new business, you find out in your first few days of operations what staffing levels are needed. We adjusted accordingly and followed all rules and regulations in terms of employees that were let go." The 40/40 Club was rumored to have failed a health and safety inspection just days before it was due to open, but the reports proved to be false and the club launched as planned with a star-studded party on 30 December.