Sign in to follow this  
princess

Harrison Ford & Calista Flockhart

Does Carrie have a movie coming out? Seems like she is piggybacking on old news and the upcoming Indy release. :blink:

Harrison is great fun when he has had a few drinks.

Well, then; he's always great fun. Because even by 8AM, he's always got a few (or more) drinks in him.

Ford's Flying High In Contract Demands

HARRISON FORD is such a big fan of flying, he demands the risky hobby is accounted for in all his movie contracts.

The Indiana Jones star credits earning his pilot's license for changing his life and won't give up his flying ambitions for anything - including shooting scenes on location.

And the 65-year-old is so taken with his sky-high pursuits, he shocked cast and crew on the latest Indiana Jones offering by turning up in a helicopter on the first day of filming.

He tells Maxim magazine, "It's understood that I'm going to keep flying. And just to make sure, it's part of my contract."

Source: contactmusic

(Pagesix.com)

Early Hissing Over 'indiana Jones'

LET'S hope the early buzz on the long-awaited fourth "Indiana Jones" picture is as off-base as much online movie chatter often turns out to be. Harrison Ford reprises his famous role in "Indi ana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," which opens May 22. "This is the Indiana movie that you were dreading," snarks one blogger on the Ain't It Cool News Web site. "There was not a single moment that I thought [indy] . . . was in any sort of peril or even significant inconvenience." A big snake that appears in one scene is "as crappy as a Mad TV prop" and it "looks like the whole jungle was made of plastic." As far as Ford's dialogue goes, "he has a few lines that work and a million that don't." Meanwhile, John Hurt, who plays Indy's colleague, disdains the flick and executive producer George Lucas. "It's cops-and-robbers stuff," Hurt told the Times of London. "And it's all to make Mr. Lucas an extra billion, as if he needs it."

He's still looking good. :D

He has been my biggest crush since I was in 4th grade and saw "Star Wars" 46 times. I can't even get that upset that he is a boozer. He is still hot. ;)

I didn't realize he'd stayed so cut! Very impressive, but I still chuckle a bit at the earring on him. Just always seems out of place, like part of a costume - especially when he wears the hoop! B) Hope it means that he and Calista let loose and have some fun now and again!

He's still looking good. :D

He has been my biggest crush since I was in 4th grade and saw "Star Wars" 46 times. I can't even get that upset that he is a boozer. He is still hot. ;)

Ditto! :unsure: Lucky Calista!

‘Indiana Jones’ debut survives Cannes critics

Film receives more applause at outset than at the end of the movie

msnbc.com

CANNES, France - Indiana Jones received louder applause going in than he did coming out.

His latest adventure, “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” earned a respectful — though far from glowing — reception Sunday at the Cannes Film Festival, avoiding the sort of thrashing the event’s harsh critics gave to “The Da Vinci Code” two years ago.

Yet Indy’s fourth big-screen romp is not likely to go down as one of the most memorable. Some viewers at its first press screening loved it, some called it slick and enjoyable though formulaic, some said it was not worth the 19-year wait since Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford made the last film.

“They should have left well enough alone,” said J. Sperling Reich, who writes for FilmStew.com. “It really looked like they were going through the motions. It really looked like no one had their heart in it.”

Alain Spira of French magazine Paris Match found “Crystal Skull” a perfectly acceptable “Indiana Jones” tale, a sentiment echoed by the solid applause the movie received as the final credits rolled.

“It’s good. It’s a product that is polished, industrial, we’re not getting ripped off in terms of quality,” Spira said. “You know what you’re going to see, you see what you get, and when you leave you’re happy.”

The applause was louder at the outset, though. Fans at the early afternoon showing, which preceded the film’s glitzy formal premiere with cast and crew Sunday night, cheered and clapped wildly at an announcement that the screening was about to start. Some even hummed the Indiana Jones fanfare as the lights went down.

The applause at the end was more subdued.

Cast and crew were unconcerned about how critics might dissect the film.

“I’m not afraid at all. I expect to have the whip turned on me,” Ford told reporters after the screening. “It’s not unusual for something that is popular to be disdained by some people, and I fully expect it.

But, he said: “I work for the people who pay to get in. They are my customers, and my focus is on providing the best experience I can for those people.”

Catcalls avoided

The filmmakers kept the movie shrouded in secrecy, skipping the rounds of press screenings often held for big studio movies and going for a big blowout at Cannes.

Spielberg said he and his collaborators decided “that the fair thing to do and the fun thing to do would be to view it where the entire world is come together every year at this wonderful festival, and we thought that was the best place to introduce Indiana Jones to you again after 19 years.”

The film received none of the derisive laughter or catcalls that mounted near the end of the first press screening for “Da Vinci Code.”

There were a few titters from the “Crystal Skull” crowd early on over co-star Cate Blanchett’s thick, Boris-and-Natasha accent as a Soviet operative racing against Indy to find an artifact of immeasurable power. The rather corny romantic ending also drew a chuckle or two.

In between, the film packed a fair amount of action, though some viewers found the middle portion dull. Conchita Casanovas, of Spain’s RNE radio, said she was “bored to death.”

The new movie hurls archaeologist Jones into the Cold War in 1957. He survives a nuclear blast in the desert in typically creative fashion and is reunited with “Raiders” flame Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen).

Alien connection

As speculated, the film has an alien connection, though far more subdued than the “Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men From Mars” story Lucas once envisioned.

There are melancholy nods to Sean Connery, who played Indy’s dad in 1989’s “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” but declined to return for the new movie, and the late Denholm Elliott, Indy’s college dean in two of the previous movies.

And the film reveals the relationship between Indy and his new sidekick, an angry young motorcycle rebel played by Shia LaBeouf.

As with “Da Vinci Code,” which went on to gross $758 million worldwide, “Crystal Skull” is so hotly anticipated that it will be virtually immune from critics’ opinions. The film is expected to put up blockbuster box-office numbers when it opens globally Thursday.

“The movie was absolutely effective enough to score with audiences everywhere,” said Anne Thompson, deputy editor of Hollywood trade paper Variety. “This played way better than ’Da Vinci Code.’ No one was gunning for it. They were excited going in, hooting for it in a positive way.”

Dozens of fans prowled outside the Palais, the Cannes headquarters, holding signs saying they needed tickets for “Crystal Skull.”

Amelia Sims, a 19-year-old University of Georgia student studying abroad, held a sign reading “I (heart) Indy.” She managed to get a pass to the press screening and loved the movie.

“I guess I’ve been waiting 19 years for this,” Sims said. “You could say I’ve been waiting my whole life.”

But Christian Monggaard, who is reviewing “Crystal Skull” for Danish newspaper Information, said he grew up with the “Indiana Jones” films and came away from this one disappointed, finding the climax an “overblown special-effects extravaganza.”

“Talk about a woman scorned,” Monggaard said. “A fan scorned is even worse.”

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Bottom Line: A wearying onslaught of action and effects gives Indy little chance to charm as he did in days of old.

By Kirk Honeycutt

May 18, 2008

CANNES -- What do you know, the film billed as a return of Indiana Jones turns out instead to be a sequel to "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

Extraterrestrials and a spaceship mix it up with well-lit caves, tumbles over waterfalls and swings through the jungle that would make Tarzan gape. Director Steven Spielberg seems intent on celebrating his entire early movie career in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." Whatever story there is, a murky journey to return a spectacular archeological find to its rightful home -- an unusual goal of the old grave-robber -- gets swamped in a sea of stunts and CGI that are relentless as the scenes and character relationships are charmless.

"Crystal Skull" will have its huge audience when it opens worldwide Thursday. Indeed it had that audience the day the project was announced. What is disappointing to those who fondly remember "Raiders of the Lost Ark," lo those 27 years ago, is the loss of wit and romance. This film feels like work, whether it's poor Harrison Ford straining to keep pace with his younger self or Spielberg and writer David Koepp piling on the thrill-ride acrobatics that have only scant connection to the plot.

In the first 22 minutes, old Indy survives a kidnapping, shoot-outs, auto crashes inside a mysterious warehouse, a ride in a desert rocket and an A-bomb detonation. Spielberg is only getting warmed up.

The film never pauses to let these characters enjoy a drink or take each other's measure. Indy's original flame, Karen Allen's Marion Ravenwood, also makes a welcome return; she even has a surprise for Indiana -- yet this moment is lost in the forward momentum.

Losing his job during the Red Scare of the '50s, Indy is persuaded by young Mutt (Shia LaBeouf) -- who keeps those iconic '50s images flowing by arriving on a motorbike like Brando in "The Wild One" -- to take off on a vague adventure in South America to save his mother and retrieve the Crystal Skull of Akator.

This trip hooks the duo up with a spy (Ray Winstone) who changes sides every half-hour; a Soviet villain (Cate Blanchett) with close-cropped hair, black skin-tight fencing garb and absolutely no point in her villainy; and a crazy loon (John Hurt) who, like Kurtz in "Heart of Darkness," has been in the jungle too long.

Once the group possesses the Crystal Skull -- it does keep changing hands between Indy and the Soviet army -- no one seems to know quite what to do with it. But it has its uses: At different times, it opens doors, triggers cave machinery, wards off giant red ants and scares hostile natives. For all anyone knows, it might pay the bill at a fancy restaurant.

After about an hour, the film abandons any pretense of story for a rush through fights, chases, machine gun fire, scorpions, quicksand, monkeys, huge snakes and finally a secret city -- part Mayan, part Aztec, certain to become both a video game and amusement park attraction.

At no time does any of Indy's gang seem in real jeopardy. Bullets splash all around, but not even the brim of his fedora gets nicked. Waterfalls are mere dips in the water, collapsing ruins an excuse for free-exercise tumbles and the villains mere annoyances.

The actors are asked to do little more than look reasonably alert. This proves to be Indiana Jones' greatest challenge.

Production: Paramount Pictures, LucasFilm

Cast: Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Jim Broadbent, Shia LaBeouf.

Director: Steven Spielberg.

Screenwriter: David Koepp.

Story: George Lucas, Jeff Nathanson

Producer: Frank Marshall.

Executive producers: George Lucas, Kathleen Kennedy.

Director of photography: Janusz Kaminski.

Production designer: Guy Hendrix Dyas.

Music: John Williams.

Costume designer: Mary Zophres.

Editor: Michael Kahn.

Rated PG-13, 123 minutes.

Indiana Jones and the great marriage proposal

Indiana Jones star Harrison Ford has proposed to long-term girlfriend Calista Flockhart of Ally McBeal fame.

Twice divorced Ford popped the question on April Fool's Day leaving Calista, 43, in some doubt as to its seriousness.Ford

But it seems the 64-year-old actor, whose other credits include Star Wars and Air Force One, was not jesting and the pair, who have been dating for five years, will get hitched as soon as the promotional work for the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones series is complete.

Ford already has two sons from his first wife Mary Marquardt as well as two from his second marriage to screenwriter Melissa Mathison.

He has been raising Calista's seven-year-old son as his own since the pair met in 2002.

The news comes as Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull made back more than half its entire production budget - around £75 million - in its first weekend at the box office.

It is the third biggest opening of all time.

Indiana Jones and the great marriage proposal

Indiana Jones star Harrison Ford has proposed to long-term girlfriend Calista Flockhart of Ally McBeal fame.

Twice divorced Ford popped the question on April Fool's Day leaving Calista, 43, in some doubt as to its seriousness.Ford

But it seems the 64-year-old actor, whose other credits include Star Wars and Air Force One, was not jesting and the pair, who have been dating for five years, will get hitched as soon as the promotional work for the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones series is complete.

Ford already has two sons from his first wife Mary Marquardt as well as two from his second marriage to screenwriter Melissa Mathison.

He has been raising Calista's seven-year-old son as his own since the pair met in 2002.

The news comes as Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull made back more than half its entire production budget - around £75 million - in its first weekend at the box office.

It is the third biggest opening of all time.

Is anyone buying this?

Is anyone buying this?

No, not really. I've been waiting for them to break up. I suppose there's no need to split when he can have a photo-friendly home life and his kind of fun on the side. But marriage? Maybe for the kid's sake but I'll believe it when I see it.

Denied: Harrison & Calista Not Engaged

Riding high on the success of his film Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Harrison Ford reportedly flung all caution to the wind and popped the question of all questions to his girlfriend of five years Calista Flockhart.

British tabloid The London Paper is reporting the 65-year old Indy star asked Flockhart,43, to marry him on April Fool's Day and that the couple plans to wed as soon as Harrison finishes promoting the new Indiana Jones film.

Not so fast, says a rep for the couple, who on Thursday told OK! that the rumors are 100 % not true!

"This is completely fabricated and the result of a British tabloid report," the rep confirmed to OK!.

Ford Playing Scientist in 'Crowley'

(FROM VARIETY) – Harrison Ford is starring in CBS Films' drama Crowley, which tells the true story of John and Aileen Crowley. Two of the couple's children had a rare genetic disorder, but John Crowley found a researcher (Ford) with a potential cure. Robert Nelson Jacobs (The Water Horse, Chocolat) wrote the screenplay, which was inspired by a Wall Street Journal article and subsequent book, The Cure, by Geeta Anand. Tom Vaughan (What Happens in Vegas) is in negotiations to direct the feature, and shooting is expected to start soon, which would make Crowley the first project to go into production at the new CBS Films. Ford next stars opposite Sean Penn in Crossing Over. (Hollywood Reporter)

Harrison Ford voted best movie president

Morgan Freeman finishes second in Moviefone.com poll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

updated 1 hour, 31 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - A president who can kickstart the U.S. economy may be favored by American voters this election season, but if left to movie fans voting in an online poll, a president who can kick butt would do better in the White House.

Harrison Ford, who played a president fighting airplane hijackers in 1997’s “Air Force One” topped a list of fictional movie presidents people would most like to lead the U.S., according to a poll released on Thursday by AOL’s Moviefone.com Web site.

Ford took 24 percent of the votes versus 16 percent for No. 2 Morgan Freeman, playing a president who must save mankind from a comet heading for Earth in “Deep Impact” (1998).

“It seems everybody is looking for a commander-in-chief who can come in and take command,” said Moviefone editor-in-chief Scott Robson. “Our readers voted with their hearts at a time when you have the economy going down the tubes, but in an ideal world it would be great to have a president who can kick some ass.”

Freeman is one of a handful of African-Americans to play a president onscreen, putting Hollywood well ahead of Barack Obama’s historic 2008 White House bid.

Whether playing Indiana Jones or Han Solo, Ford is most comfortable in the role of a hero.

“I don’t know if Obama can say Morgan Freeman paved the way, but it hasn’t hurt,” said Robson.

Michael Douglas, who played a widowed president looking for love in “The American President” (1995), was No. 3 with 15 percent of votes and Bill Pullman, who thwarted aliens in “Independence Day” (1996), followed with 12 percent.

The poll ran on Moviefone.com from Sept. 23-Oct. 21 and attracted more than 1.1 million votes.

The top 10 movie presidents who Americans would vote into office in real life according to the poll are:

1. Harrison Ford - “Air Force One” (1997)

2. Morgan Freeman - “Deep Impact” (1998)

3. Michael Douglas - “The American President (1995)

4. Bill Pullman - ”Independence Day“ (1996)

5. Kevin Kline - ”Dave“ (1993)

6. Dennis Quaid - ”American Dreamz“ (2006)

7. Bruce Greenwood - ”National Treasure: Book of Secrets“ (2003)

8. James Cromwell - ”The Sum of All Fears (2002)

9. Jack Nicholson - “Mars Attacks” (1996)

10. Jeff Bridges - “The Contender” (2000)

Copyright 2008 Reuters. Click for restrictions.

Harrison & Calista to Tie the Knot?

Harrison Ford and his lady love Calista Flockhart, who have been dating for around six years and became engaged last year, are reportedly getting ready to finally tie the knot.

The New York Post's Cindy Adams says the gossip in Jackson Hole, Wyo., where the couple have a home, are saying the twosome had their blood tested and got a marriage license which could mean either a trip down the aisle... or they already took one!

Harrison and Calista are separated by more than 20 years, but for this loving duo, it seems age ain't nothin' but a number!

Source: okmagazine.com

Harrison Ford Proposes to Calista Flockhart

By Julie Jordan

Saturday March 21, 2009 06:00 PM EDT

Harrison Ford and girlfriend Calista Flockhart are engaged to be married, sources close to the couple confirm exclusively to PEOPLE.

Ford, 66, surprised Flockhart, 44, with an engagement ring on Valentine's Day weekend while the two were away on a family vacation with son Liam.

Reps for the couple did not return calls.

The couple has been together for seven and a half years. No wedding date has been set yet.

Harrison Ford Blasted By Mayor

Harrison Ford has been told to "stick to acting".

The 'Indiana Jones' actor - who earlier this week branded a move made seven years ago by Mayor Daley of Chicago to bulldoze an airport "unthinkable" - has been hit back at by the mayor who said he should stop flaunting his wealth.

He said: "He's a multi-millionaire. He can fly anyplace he wants in the country. This guy's a multi-millionaire and you're listening to him... he doesn't live in Chicago. I don't want to call him elitist, but it is. He has a jet. He has all these planes and all these toys. And he doesn't understand this economy is tough with people and that lakefront belongs to us."

The pair have previously clashed during a discussion over the actor's passion for preserving 100 acres in Costa Rica, in which the mayor criticised the actor's lavish estate in Montana.

He told the Chicago Sun Times newspaper: "I said, 'Harrison, you're a multi-millionaire. You have a huge estate. You have land all over the world. This is 100 acres for the people of Chicago that can be used for nature. You're an environmentalist.'

"I think he got mad at me. I said, 'I appreciate you're a great actor, but you should have some feeling because you're so wealthy... I want to help people in Costa Rica. But in Chicago, that 100 acres, that lakefront belongs - not to you. It belongs to the people of Chicago.' That's what he didn't understand."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Harrison Ford in no Rush to Retire

HARRISON Ford has no plans to retire.

The Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull star, 67, says he is still so in love with acting he can’t imagine a day when he doesn’t do it anymore.

“I like doing and I like working,” he says. “It is where I feel useful. I have no plans to cut down I am happy with what I do. There will be a lot more of me yet, that’s for sure.”

Ford — who is engaged to Ally McBeal actress Calista Flockhart — recently revealed he took up flying because he needed to be passionate about something other than making movies.

“I was interested in developing another personality,” he told Parade magazine. “I wanted a second string, to do something other than be a movie actor. I was a little bored. Not with the job — I love the job, and when I’m on it I have a wonderful time. It still gives me great pleasure and challenge.

“But if you don’t do anything else other than provide part-time help in raising kids, what do you do for your day job?”

Source showbizspy.com