Rebelgirl

Ralph Fiennes

OK, I read this thread back but no mention of drugs - I need to know more gossip.

From today's Gawker (the blind item guessing game there)

gloeden31 @AGirlFromIpanema Remember Ralph Fiennes and Francesca Annis' reputed drug den?

Jackie_Jormp_Jomp @gloeden31 Sorry, I know I'm not a part of this conversation, but I've never heard about Ralph and Francesca's reputed drug den. I must know more so that I can finally let go of my Ralph Fiennes crush, because objectively I know he's an asshole.

promoted by gloeden31 gloeden31 @Jackie_Jormp_Jomp He and Annis apparently went through an extended cocaine bender that lasted YEARS. Their London townhouse had blacked over windows and they were rarely seen to come out and never in daylight.

He dragged his ass out to work rarely. But if you see one of the rare interviews he was probably contractually supposed to do at the time, he has obviously been cleaned up but is white-knuckling it all the way. There was talk of crack being used.

His and Annis' break up a couple of years ago was in the aftermath of him and possibly her finally getting clean or at least stopping the folie à deux they had going on.

This was all whispered about, but at least one or two magazines actually mentioned it without fear of being sued sometime before he started work in the Harry Potter movies.

Edited to add: I can't be 100 percent sure, but I believe I remember the police being involved at some point over either a domestic dispute or some other dust up at their place and that's when the whispers became louder. There may be something on the web.