Rachel Weisz

Rachel Weisz: I'm Pregnant

Tuesday Jan 10, 2006 8:00am EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

Posted Image

Darren Aronofsky and Rachel Weisz

CREDIT: DAVE ALLOCCA / STARTRAKS

Golden Globe nominee Rachel Weisz has revealed to Jay Leno – and everybody watching the Tonight Show – that she's five months pregnant.

The Cambridge-educated, 34-year-old actress, who's nominated for her performance as a pregnant activist in The Constant Gardener, is engaged to director Darren Aronofsky.

In announcing that she is with child, Weisz said of Aronofsky (whose films include Requiem For a Dream and Pi): "I found myself a sophisticated, educated American. He's not an actor. He's traveled the world. He knows where Europe is, unlike a lot of Americans. He's very cultured, but he's all man."

More on this story

Celebrity Q&A: Rachel Weisz

Weisz's credits also include About a Boy, in which she costarred with Hugh Grant and Toni Collette.

Speaking recently to PEOPLE about her pregnant Gardener character – and other topics – Weisz said that she was able to look like an expectant mother in her nude scenes thanks to "a prosthetic that was stuck on every morning. It was painted to look like my flesh."

Asked if the look helped her practice for the real thing, she replied, "I can't talk about that," but said of her engagement, "I have a beautiful ring."

Weisz also told PEOPLE about The Fountain, a sci-fi love story directed by Aronofsky with Hugh Jackman due out later this year. "At work we're very different to how we are around the house," she said. "I got to see his professional side. I've got a lot of directors to compare him to, and he's very talented. It's sexy to see someone be good at something."

He's traveled the world. He knows where Europe is, unlike a lot of Americans. He's very cultured, but he's all man."

Anybody besides me put off by this?

PS

Where exactly is Europe? ;)

Saw her at Comic Con last year. While she was sweet, she didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the pack....

Anybody besides me put off by this?

PS

Where exactly is Europe?  ;)

Saw her at Comic Con last year.  While she was sweet, she didn't seem like the brightest bulb in the pack....

I've been put off by many things she's said in the past, wonder how she got through Cambridge, unless it's no longer what once was... my impression always was sweet but harmless, kind of like a blonde in disguise.

NY Daily NewsDoes Rachel Weisz have baby news, too? The "Constant Gardener" star might have beat TomKat and Brooke Shields to the punch - we spotted her bump-free in the Village earlier this week. A rep gave no comment ...

Posted Image

Amid a tabloid report that she had already given birth, Rachel Weisz – with bump intact – disproves the rumor while picking up groceries Thursday in New York City. The Oscar winner's first child with director Darren Aronofsky is due by the end of the month.

It's a Boy for Weisz Oscar-winning actress Rachel Weisz is celebrating after giving birth to her first child on Wednesday. The English movie beauty, 35, and her American director fiance Darren Aronofsky welcomed a baby boy in a New York City hospital, near the couple's Manhattan home. The Constant Gardener star's spokeswoman Kelly Bush declined to give the baby's name or weight, but declared mother and baby were "happy, healthy, wonderful." Weisz started dating 37-year-old Aronofsky in 2001 and moved from her native London to live with him in New York. They announced their engagement last year. Weisz, who won an Academy Award in March for her performance in The Constant Gardener, stars in Aronofsky's forthcoming sci-fi drama The Fountain.

justjarad.comThe first official pictures of Rachel Weisz's baby boy have started to surface, taken in Battery Park in New York City. The 35-year-old Ocar winner gave birth to her son Henry Chance Aronofsky on May 31st, according to CBB. Rachel is engaged to director Darren Aronofsky, 37. This is the first child for the couple, who are based in New York.

BABY STEPS

Looking post-partum fabulous, Rachael Weisz has an outing with 9-week-old son Henry (with director Darren Aronofsky) in New York City's SoHo neighborhood on Friday.

Posted Image

Memo to GMD:Take a clue from Rachel, Gwen, Angelina and even Brooke -- this is how to show off your new baby.That baby looks pretty darn alert.

Just had to post another pic because this kid is so darned cute!

Posted Image

Baby is indeed very cute. Is it just me or does Rachel Weisz look like Keira Knightley might in 10 years time provided she has (quick maths 3 meals a day times 365 days a year times 10 years equals...) 10950 good meals between now and then? Edited by chuzhuchichezhan

Weisz Going On?

Just jared

Posted Image

The always stunning Rachel Weisz hailed a taxi earlier on today around her Manhattan apartment in NYC. Just last week, Rachel was in Memphis, TN filming scenes for her upcoming film, My Blueberry Nights, directed by Wong Kar Wai. MBN also co-stars Norah Jones, Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Rachel Weisz, Ed Harris, and Kevin Spacey. More pictures in the gallery of Rachel in hair rollers on the set of MBN in Memphis!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

RACHEL WEISZ and fiance DARREN ARONOFSKY toured Memphis (where she's set to film the romance My Blueberry Nights) with their nanny and 3-month-old son, Henry, on Aug. 11.

Posted Image

"The Fountain" makes a splash at Venice

US director Darren Aronofsky's first movie for six years, "The Fountain", a metaphysical love story starring his wife Rachel Weisz, has its world premiere at Venice as the world's oldest film festival heads into its final week.

"The Fountain" is a tale of metaphysical love set in the past, present and future which explores the notion of everlasting life.

It follows Tomas Creo, played by Hugh Jackman, on a thousand-year quest for the elixir of life to save the woman he loves.

Jackman is variously a 16th conquistador, present-day surgeon and 26th century astronaut in Aronofsky's first film since the highly successful 2000 picture, "Requiem for a Dream".

Aronofsky admitted Monday that the film, which features visually stunning Sci-fi scenes, nearly did not get made.

"It's an action film, a love story, and a Science Fiction film. It's very hard to get that through Hollywood. Everyone in the world said 'no' several times," he told a news conference to launch the film, which divided critics here.

Fans of Aronofsky's work found the film enthralling, while others said it was a jumble which failed to convince.

"I think what we experience in this film is that dying and coming to terms with death is part of life," said the director.

The young director said working with his wife, who plays Creo's dying wife Izzy, as "fun".

Weisz said the film has caused a profound shift in her feelings about death.

"During the film, because of all the research I did talking to young people who were dying, and with the hospice movement, I got to a place during the film where I was alright about death. There were a few days where I was in the headspace where I could say: 'I could go now'."

"The Fountain" is one of 21 films in the official competition for the Golden Lion award for best movie.

A sumptuous silk-and-swashbuckle Chinese period drama which is being shown out of competition, has won hearts at Venice.

"Yeyan" (The Banquet) stars Ziyi Zhang as Empress Wan, head of ancient dynasty who chooses either charm or carnage to get her way.

"I play a sort of tormented 'Lady Hamlet', continuously changing. My empress is driven by a thirst for power, and this costs her dearly," said Zhang, first propelled to stardom by Ang Lee's Oscar-winning "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon."

"The principal themes of the film are universal, desire and revenge," said Feng, known for Chinese blockbusters like the 2004 movie "A World Without Thieves."

A much quieter Asian movie, the almost painfully slow "Hei Yanquan" (I Don't Want to Sleep Alone) is showing in the official competition.

Dominated by long scenes, Malay director Tsai Ming-Liang's movie is an intricate examination of lust and human tenderness among foreign workers in teeming Kuala Lumpur.

"Hei Yanquan" which stars Lee Kang-Sheng, is Tsai's first film in his native land after making seven movies in his adopted home of Taiwan. He previously won the Golden Lion in 1994 for "Aiqing Wansui" (Vive l'Amour), and the Silver Bear in Berlin for "The Wayward Cloud".

Austrian director Barbara Albert's film, "Falling", focuses on two days and a night in the lives of five thirtysomething women, former schoolfriends who return to their hometown to attend the funeral of their favourite teacher.

Old wounds are reopened, friendships rediscovered as the women revisit their childhood dreams in the film, starring Nina Proll and Birgit Minichmayr.

'FOUNTAIN' OF YOUTH

Also in Venice: new mom Rachel Weisz, who gave birth to son Henry just three months ago. And while she glowed at the world premiere of The Fountain on Monday, her director husband Darren Aronofsky didn't fare so well – critics panned the flick.

Posted Image

Notes from all over

MSNBC.com

Rachel Weisz’s fiancé didn’t mind directing her love scenes with Hugh Jackman in “The Fountain.” “I’m a pervert so I had no issue with it,” Darren Aronofsky said, reports the London Evening Standard. “I enjoy shooting sex scenes very much. She’s an actress; he’s an actor. It’s mostly make-believe, and when you shout ‘cut,’ it’s over.” ...

ENDQUOTE

Page Six

September 17, 2006 -- "BEING a mother has been incredible. But it can also be brutal. People think you're totally in bliss and that babies are always angelic creatures, but it's not like that all the time," says Oscar-winner Rachel Weisz in C magazine.