Sign in to follow this  
princess

Eva Mendes

Eva Mendes: ‘My Body Gets me Work’

EVA Mendes is happy to use her body to her advantage.

The actress says admits uses her sex-symbol status to help her secure film roles.

“I don’t allow myself to be typecast, but when I have to turn up the heat and turn up the sexuality and I do an amazing Calvin Klein campaign it’s very conscious, that’s no accident. It’s very methodical on my part,” Mendes told Fox News.

“If I feel it’s appropriate to show some nudity in the scenes then I go for it. As much as I use my sexuality, I have never felt exploited. I feel like it’s on my terms and I have no problem with it.”

Eva says she only made her first visit to the hurricane-torn New Orleans while filming her latest crime drama Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans in August last year.

“It was exciting because we brought business there, but it was pretty devastating,” she said. “I was in shock at some parts, I hadn’t been there ever so I was still in shock that this happened in our country.

“I felt we were somewhere else in certain areas. Our government failed this; you can see they failed this. It was pretty intense.”

Source showbizspy.com

Eva Mendes' Arty Film

Eva Mendes thinks her new movie is like Picasso's artwork.

The actress loved working with Nicolas Cage on 'Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans' but can't explain why she enjoyed it so much, comparing the experience to seeing work by the famous abstract artist.

She said: "I'm excited about 'Bad Lieutenant', because it's completely something different that is completely outside-the-box film, and has got its own thing going on completely. It's like a piece of art, to me. It really is. It's almost like a piece of abstract art, when you go to the museum and you see a Picasso, and you can't quite pinpoint what it is, but you know you're attracted to it, and you accept it as art."

The actress also revealed that Nicolas never rehearses his scenes as he prefers improvisation.

She added to film website Moviehole: "No rehearsal, and a lot of improv on Nic's part. But on mine, because - which is funny to say, I'm the stable one in the relationship, which I loved. So I had to be more the straight man and in order for Nic's craziness to work, I had to kind of be more of the straight man. And I think Nic does a brilliant job - I love him being this out there and crazy."

Source femalefirst

She was on Leno tonight and I was shocked by how plastic her face is starting to look. When she laughed or talked she had little tiny wrinkles on her forehead right at the outer corners. The rest was flat and tight. The little wrinkles must have been where there was no botox, but it made it look so creepy - like - this is what my forehead SHOUL be doing. And her cheeks didn't move at all. It makes me so sad when really beautiful women make themselves look like such crap! I'd rather see people who look thirty five than who look like stone.

Ok - granted she still looks better than 95% of the people on the street, but she looks bad for her.

Edited by dixiedoodah