Sign in to follow this  
fykeylicious

Rachel Bilson

Hayden Christensen Goes James Dean on "Details"

Posted Image

Despite the fact that "Jumper" has been receiving tepid reviews, the film starring Hayden Christensen and Rachel Bilson has been tearing up the box office, taking in $27.2 million over the weekend in the number one spot. The film's star, Hayden Christensen, did his best James Dean impression for the cover of Details magazine and although I do think the pictures are good, I feel like the whole "recreating Hollywood icons" bit is kind of getting played out. Start doing something iconic on your own, kids!

Also, we've got pictures of Hayden and Rachel Bilson arriving at the Los Angeles International Airport. The two co-starred in "Jumper" and have been on a press tour to promote the film. They're reported to be romantically-linked--mostly based on the fact that we've seen them in numerous pictures hanging out and looking cozy.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

'Jumper' leaps to top of box office

Fox's sci-fi adventure opens strong

By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Twentieth Century Fox and New Regency's sci-fi adventure "Jumper" leapt into the lead at the Presidents Day box office, grossing an estimated $31.7 million from 3,428 runs over the long holiday weekend.

Cume is $38.3 million since its Valentine's Day debut.

"Jumper," directed by Doug Liman, also saw a strong overseas debut, coming in at No. 1 with an estimated $28.2 million from its initial rollout in 30 markets, including a $6.2 million launch in the U.K.

Coming in second domestically was Paramount/Nick Movies' family fantasy "The Spiderwick Chronicles," which grossed an estimated $24.5 million from 3,847 runs; cume is $26.7 million, according to Rentrak.

"Jumper" and "Spiderwick" -- as well as Disney's "Step Up 2 the Streets" and Universal/Working Title's romancer "Definitely, Maybe" -- all bowed Thursday, looking to capitalize on Valentine's Day and rack up extra coin before heading into the crowded Presidents Day frame.

"Step Up 2," co-produced with Summit Entertainment, was a surprisingly strong dancer, grossing $21.5 million from 2,470 runs for a cume of $28.1 million, putting it ahead of "Spiderwick" for the five days.

The holiday weekend's other frosh entry, "Definitely, Maybe," couldn't beat out Warner Bros. holdover "Fool's Gold"; latter placed No. 4 for the frame, declining 30% to an estimated $15 million from 3,125 in its second sesh for a cume of $44 million. Coming in at No. 5, "Definitely" grossed an estimated $11.4 million from 2,204 for a five-day cume of $14.5 million.

Both "Jumper" and "Spiderwick" could spawn sequels for their respective studios.

"I wouldn't be surprised if we came in this week and talked about a sequel or a trilogy," said Fox senior VP of distribution Bert Livingston.

Par was more cautious.

"We need to see how 'Spiderwick' plays out, and what the movie's legs are like, as well as how it does internationally," said Paramount vice chair Rob Moore. "A month from now we'll be in a good position to assess how the movie is playing worldwide."

While Presidents Day weekend saw solid results, the frame was down by as much as 11% vs. 2007, although year-to-date is still up by healthy margins. Nicolas Cage starrer "Ghost Rider" led last year's Presidents Day weekend, grossing $52 million in the best opening ever for the holiday.

"Jumper" scored the fourth highest opening ever for Presidents Day weekend, a notable accomplishment considering that the film, based on a book by Steven Gould, doesn't sport major stars. Cast includes Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson and Rachel Bilson.

As predicted, the pic was a favorite among younger moviegoers. According to Fox, 65% of the aud was under 25; 52% were males.

Tailoring the movie for the target demo, Fox cut Liman's longer edit down to around 84 minutes, excluding credits.

Both Fox and Disney have been prospering at the box office by acutely focusing on their audience and delivering product that works. For the most part, both studios try to keep production budgets lean.

That wasn't the case with "Jumper," however, which cost roughly $85 million for Fox and Regency to produce.

"Spiderwick," too, was on the pricier side, costing upward of $90 million to produce.

Helmed by Mark Waters, who hadn't directed an f/x-driven movie before, "Spiderwick" is based on the bestselling book series and stars Freddie Highmore playing twins. The movie, not necessarily intended for kids younger than 8, drew strong exits polls and reviews. Families made up 80% of the audience.

Family films can have especially strong legs when word of mouth is good -- and there isn't another family title until Fox bows "Horton Hears a Who!" on March 13.

Of "Spiderwick's" total opening gross, $1.9 million came from Imax theaters. That's a boon for Imax, which has never had a big-event pic unspool in February.

Compared to the competish, "Spiderwick" had an obvious disadvantage on Valentine's Day in that its target aud wasn't anywhere to be found. Disney was the first to stake out Feb. 14 as opening day for "Step Up 2," followed a day later by "Definitely, Maybe." Fox and Par then moved from Feb. 15 to Feb. 14.

The first "Step Up," released in August 2006, cost less than $20 million to produce, and Disney and Summit didn't spend any more than that on the follow-up.

Sequel, which stars Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan, opened on par with the first, with females between 13 and 25 making up more than 60% of the aud.

"At $28 million for the five days, you can't imagine how happy people are around here," said Disney prexy of distribution Chuck Viane.

Adam Shankman and Jen Gibgot's Offspring Entertainment produced both "Step Up" movies through their overall deal with the Mouse House. Universal said "Definitely, Maybe" came in right where expected for Working Title films, which don't tend to open huge but typically have playability. "Working Title films just play and play. They don't storm into the marketplace," said Universal prexy of distribution Nikki Rocco.

Film, which stars Ryan Reynolds, Abigail Breslin, Rachel Weisz, Isla Fisher and Elizabeth Banks, skewed older, with 54% of the audience over 30. Women made up 57% of the aud.

The audience for romancers was fragmented, however, with younger woman going to see "Step Up" and the date crowd catching "Fool's Gold." Fox Searchlight's "Juno" also continues to be a contender as well.The Oscar nominee declined just 2% to come in at No. 7, grossing an estimated $5.5 million from 1,865 runs. Cume hit $125 million in the quirky dramedy's 11th sesh.

Among other holdovers, U's Martin Lawrence laffer "Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins" came in No. 6 in its second weekend, declining 36% to an estimated $10.4 million from 2,387; cume is $30.7 million in the pic's first 10 days.

Warner's "The Bucket List" declined just 12% to an estimated $4.6 million from 2,307 for a cume of $81 million in the film's eighth week. Jack Nicholson-Morgan Freeman starrer came in No. 8.

Disney's 3-D concert pic "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour" declined 62% to an estimated $3.9 million from 685; cume is $59 million in the movie's third weekend. Concert pic was originally supposed to play just one week, but the Mouse House extended the run based on demand.

Landing at No. 10, Fox's romancer "27 Dresses" declined 31% to an estimated $3.7 million from 1,936 runs for the four-day weekend for a cume of $70.5 million in the pic's fifth sesh.

Rachel Bilson On Dating in Hollywood

Rachel Bilson has dated a co-star before. During her days on the hit show, The OC, the 26-year old actress fell for her on-screen love Seth Cohen--played by Adam Brody. Now , the very private actress is reportedly seeing another hot new actor, Hayden Christensen, with whom she stars in the new sci-fi thriller Jumper. But when asked to spill on her love life, Rachel smiles, “It’s nice to keep it to yourself.”

You’re not into the LA party scene, are you?

I keep to myself. I like to just hang out with my friends and my dog.

Is it difficult to have a relationship when you’re under scrutiny?

I try to live my life under the radar. I don’t comment on my personal romantic ife.

Wouldn’t it be easier to date a bank teller than an actor?

In some ways I’m sure, but if you date someone in the business you know what each other goes through. I wouldn’t say any relationship is easy.

How was it working with Hayden?

He’s a fantastic actor. I was so impressed with him. Everything we had to do was so challenging, especially physically. I never heard him complain once. He just happily obliged.

Bilson vows never to flash knickers

Rachel Bilson has vowed that she will never flash her knickers to the paparazzi.

The OC actress said that she has experienced intrusive photographers but claimed she would never forget her underwear or deliberately court such attention.

She is quoted as saying: "I've seen what the paparazzi can do to someone if she's careless about how she gets out of a car and if she forgot her underwear.

"Fortunately, I'm not one to forget about underwear. Ever. I've had these guys trying to get these shots, crotch shots, I guess, and you think, 'You've got to be kidding. This is the ultimate down and dirty ambush.'

"But it's something you can pretty easily protect yourself from. If that's being a celebrity, then I'm not one.

"I like my privacy, I like having quality time with my dog. I grew up in Los Angeles, my family is in the business, and it's easy enough to avoid the obvious places where you'll run the gauntlet."

Bilson recently revealed she would never appear naked onscreen because she believes she can be "sexy" without stripping off.

Rachel Bilson Gets Banged Up

Posted Image

Is it just me, or does this look like a wig? It really does look like you could very easily just pluck this hairstyle off her head with a flick of the wrist. I'm very on the fence about bangs that go right into a woman's eyes, so I haven't decided yet whether or not I will champion this style. I feel like she's already so tiny, it looks like a tiny curtain of hair hiding her face that she looks like she's continuing to shrink.

In any case, the occasion was the "Jumper" premiere in Japan at the Toho Cinemas Roppongi Hills in Tokyo. Hayden looks like a robot that waves, smiles and can grow facial hair.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

I like bangs but they don't look very good on her, and she's a pretty girl. Poor thing, though, I guess now that she's bearding, this is the closest she's getting these days to a firm Bang. :)

TRAVEL COMPANIONS

Back from promoting Jumper in Tokyo, Rachel Bilson and her costar – and rumored beau – Hayden Christensen play it cool after arriving Thursday at the Los Angeles International airport.

Posted Image

Rachel Bilson Not Pregnant

Rachel Bilson's representatives has brushed off rumours the actress is expecting her first child with fiance Hayden Christensen, insisting there is "absolutely no truth" to the speculation.

The former The O.C. star sparked speculation she was hiding a baby bump after she was photographed heading into a doctor's office at the weekend (06-07Feb10) wearing an oversized rain jacket.

Bilson and Christensen, both 28, announced their engagement in February 2009, but her spokesperson insists the couple is not starting a family just yet.

Her rep tells UsMagazine.com there is "absolutely no truth to (the rumour about) Rachel being pregnant".

The couple met on the set of Jumper after Bilson had come out of three year relationship with her O.C. co-star Adam Brody.

Source femalefirst

Rachel Bilson Not Pregnant

Rachel Bilson's representatives has brushed off rumours the actress is expecting her first child with fiance Hayden Christensen, insisting there is "absolutely no truth" to the speculation.

The former The O.C. star sparked speculation she was hiding a baby bump after she was photographed heading into a doctor's office at the weekend (06-07Feb10) wearing an oversized rain jacket.

Bilson and Christensen, both 28, announced their engagement in February 2009, but her spokesperson insists the couple is not starting a family just yet.

Her rep tells UsMagazine.com there is "absolutely no truth to (the rumour about) Rachel being pregnant".

The couple met on the set of Jumper after Bilson had come out of three year relationship with her O.C. co-star Adam Brody.

Source femalefirst

Hayden's actual response was "Ewww, No way! At least not from me!"

Experimental Rachel Bilson

Rachel Bilson loves experimenting with her look.

The stunning actress says she doesn't rely on the help of a stylist when she goes to red-carpet events as she puts her outfits together herself and doesn't always stick to the rules.

She said: "I really dress myself. I've been known to put a necklace in my hair. That's what getting dressed should be. It's about fun and experimenting. I think you either enjoy it or you don't - and I do."

The beauty was speaking at the Ann Taylor fashion show last week and was impressed with what she saw.

She said: "The shoes and the purses are amazing. You can add them to a plain outfit to add a little pop. That's what's great about Ann Taylor -you can incorporate it into your own wardrobe."

However, Rachel admits she is a hoarder and holds on to her clothes for longer than she should.

The 28-year-old star told People magazine: "I have a problem, in that I hold on to things that I've had since I was 13-years-old . . . So, yes, I probably should get rid of some stuff."

Source contactmusic

Bilson: 'Pregnancy rumors are hilarious'

Actress Rachel Bilson was amused when a recent doctor's visit prompted pregnancy rumors because she was there for problem sinus issues.

The former "The O.C." star had to dismiss reports she was with child last month after she was photographed heading into a doctor's office wearing an oversized raincoat.

And Bilson admits she and fiance Hayden Christensen found the whole story "hilarious."

She tells Cleo magazine, "It was like, 'Really? Where does this come from?' I went to the doctors because I have sinus problems. I walk out and it was raining, so I had a big raincoat on, so (the tabloids) thought I was pregnant.

"I had Q-tips stuck up my nose because I'm having sinus issues. If you want to think I'm pregnant, then fine!"

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0jqZgUI0T