Sign in to follow this  
fykeylicious

Rachel Bilson

usmagazine.com:

Rachel Bilson Over The O.C. When O.C. star, Rachel Bilson sat down to talk about her new movie, The Last Kiss with the October issue of Teen Vogue, she uttered the word “weird” 17 times. She used it to describe the circumstances surrounding her first conversation with Scrubs star, Zach Braff, whom she acts opposite in the the film. (He called her out of the blue to ask her to be in a music video he was directing, then she got the Kiss script. ) Here are some highlights from the hour-long interview that didn't include the “w” word. See the article in its entirety in the new issue of Teen Vogue on newsstands now.

On The O.C.:

“I just feel like the show is over. I’m so happy for everything it brought me, and it’s been such a great experience, but I think we’re all ready to move on.”

On being famous:

“There’s this unspoken thing: ‘I know your face and your name because you’re in magazines or whatever, so I’m going to say hi.’ It’s so funny. This thing with celebrities. I mean, I don’t like to say I’m a celebrity. We don’t need to go there.”

On not being a tabloid cover girl:

“I’m blessed. I don’t have to deal with [unwanted media attention] as much as a lot of other people.”

On her new film The Last Kiss:

“I wanted to a part of something good for my first movie. I get offers for teen, O.C., typecasting kind of roles, but I decided to steer away from that. I wanted to show that I could do other things.

On making movies:

“Ideally, I just want to make movies. It’s just what I’ve always wanted to do, and nothing would make me happier than having that chance. I love doing comedy , but I’d do drama, period pieces, anything. There’s so much out that and it will be fun to be able to explore that.”

Rachel Bilson Ready to Move On

Well, it looks like the phenomenon that was The O.C. may be coming to an end sooner than we had thought. While Mischa Barton's exit was both loved and hated, it seemed like the show would continue to motor on, but it looks like the rest of the cast may want to leave as well. Us Weekly quotes Rachel Bilson from the latest issue of Teen Vogue, where she has this to say:

"I just feel like the show is over. I'm so happy for everything it brought me, and it's been such a great experience, but I think we're all ready to move on. I for one still like The O.C., even if it's lost that initial spark. Seth and Summer are some of the best characters on TV, and it would suck to lose them."

Who knows, maybe they can do an O.C. Legal show where Sandy goes to court, while Kirsten runs a detective agency, and Ryan is a spy who gets lost on a mysterious island, only to find that he has to head up the crime scene investigation unit while going to college and searching for the one armed man.

Either that or they'll cancel the show.

Anyway, here's Rachel Bilson and Zach Braff, and for some reason, Eva Mendes posing for picutres at the Fashion Rocks event.

egotastic

I think she's just gorgeous. She does look different from her twin! :D

I find her very likeable both as an actress and a person. Hopefully she'll move on from the OC and go on to other exciting things.

Braff's Bilson 'Kiss' Off

Posted Sep 11th 2006 5:14PM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

Though they play lovers in their new film "The Last Kiss," Zach Braff and Rachel Bilson jokingly exchanged blows while interviewing each other for Moviefone's "Unscripted" series.

The 25-year-old Bilson asked the "Scrubs" star "When was high school for you, like 20 years ago?" to which the 31-year-old Braff responded, "When was it for you, 10 minutes ago? You still have some after-birth on your neck."

In the full interview, available at Moviefone.com, Bilson also talks about her sex symbol status, "The OC" without Mischa Barton, and her desire to move away from the show as well.

Notes from all over

Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson have reportedly hit a rough patch. The stars of “The O.C.” fell in love while working on the show, and it “looked like they were on their way to getting engaged just a little while back,” a source told Star, but “are going through a really difficult period right now.” One reason, according to the insider, may be because of Bilson’s friendship with Zach Braff, her co-star from “The Last Kiss.” “Zach calls Rachel a lot and they talk on the phone like girlfriends,” says the insider. "But what really eats away at Adam is when Rachel starts talking about how mature Zach is. No guy appreciates his girlfriend comparing him to another guy.”

Rachel Bilson & Adam Brody Split

TUESDAY DECEMBER 05, 2006 07:00PM EST

By Mary Margaret, People.com

Rachel Bilson and Adam Brody – who play a couple on The O.C. – have broken up off-screen, PEOPLE has confirmed.

“It was a typical romance and they just grew apart,” a source close to the pair tells PEOPLE, adding, “They’ve been on and off for awhile now.”

In October, the couple of three years denied breakup rumors. That month, they were spotted looking lovey-dovey strolling hand-in-hand in Toronto where Bilson was shooting the sci-fi drama Jumper. Yet that romantic scene wasn't an indication that they were still together, says the source: "Exes do hang out."

But during Brody's gig with his band Big Japan at Hollywood's Viper Room on Dec. 2, Bilson – normally a fixture at his performances – was noticeably absent, fueling rumors that their romance was over.

In April, Bilson, 25, gushed about her beau, telling Teen People that Brody, 27, is her best friend. "We always have a lot to talk about, and we tell each other everything. I feel like I have everything now – the dog, the house, the job and him. I can't ask for anything more!" (Together the couple adopted a pit-bull terrier, Penny Lane.)

Early in their relationship, the low-profile couple, who started dating during the first season of The O.C. , denied rumors that they were engaged.

SINGLE IN THE CITY

While her ex Adam Brody ventured out to Hyde Lounge the night before, Rachel Bilson stops by another L.A. hot spot, Social Hollywood, on Wednesday.

Posted Image

Rachel Bilson Voted Best-Dressed Star

Published by Robyn on at 1/06/2007 03:53:00 PM.

celebritydirtylaundry.blogspot.com

Rachel Bilson has found something to smile about after the break-up of her romance to co-star Adam Brody and the cancellation of her TV show - she has been named Hollywood's best-dressed star. She beat Lindsay Lohan, former co-star Mischa Barton and Kate Hudson to land on top of magazine In Touch's new Best-Dressed Stars poll.

I bet Lindsay Lohan was really mad that Rachel Bilson beat her! She tries so hard to be fashionable. :rolleyes:

KEEPING BUSY

With extra time on her hands since the cancellation of both The O.C. and her romance with Adam Brody, Rachel Bilson makes the most of her downtime by attending a Chanel launch party at the Chateau Marmont in Beverly Hills on Thursday.

Posted Image

NYDN

From fashion show to premiere

Rachel Bilson swung by New York Fashion Week on the way to meet her sister - for the first time.

"I'm here for Badgley Mischka and my friend Zac Posen," she told us backstage at the W Lifestyle Lounge.

"I have to fly back out to L.A. straight after at 6 a.m. My stepmother is having a baby, so I'm literally in and out. It's a girl - there are no surprises."

Awww!

New York Minute

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/bwiddicombe/

Hayden Christensen and Rachel Bilson were spotted in business class together on a flight from Miami to Turks and Caicos for a romantic getaway. The couple went through customs together and were whisked off by a private driver.

So you get a free holiday with a good looking guy that could be your best girlfriend, and your own private suite in a beautiful resort. I'd do it in a minute, and I'd even hold his hand and look into his eyes!

Rachel Bilson Says No to Nudity

Rachel Bilson almost didn't appear in The Last Kiss because she won't do nudity, the actress reveals in Playboy.

"Movies can be sexy or sexual without showing things," the former O.C. star, 26, said in the issue out Friday. "It's almost a deal breaker. The movie was rated R, and they like to put in nudity wherever they can, but I'm pretty strong willed and believe it can be avoided."

The other thing Bilson won't do is talk about her relationship with Hayden Christensen, even though the two have been spotted together around Los Angeles for almost a year. She will, however, defend his acting chops. "He's an amazing guy and a fantastic actor," she told Playboy. "In those Star Wars movies I thought other people – people who are successful and Oscar-nominated – came off looking much worse than he did. But he caught a lot of s---, which really made me mad."

Other interesting Bilson bits:

• She's scared of mushrooms: "Even the smell makes me sick."

• On waiting her turn in the spotlight: "The roles I want usually go to Kirsten Dunst, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson, Natalie Portman or Kate Bosworth – even though I look younger or older than a few of them. I understand they were once where I am now, and my ultimate goal is to get to that point. Hopefully, I'll achieve it, but you never know."

• On being a celebrity: "It blows my mind that celebrity is such a sham now. ... I'm in this business because of the career I want, not because of the celebrity I want."

Rachel Bilson: "Hayden's a Good Kisser!"

OK!

Though Rachel Bilson won't confirm the rumors that she and her handsome Jumper co-star Hayden Christensen are romantically involved, the brunette beauty will openly admit that she enjoyed her onscreen smooching scenes with him.

"To all the ladies who I'm sure would like to know," Rachel reveals in an interview set to air Friday on The Morning Show With Mike & Juliet. "He was a good kisser!"

Regarding the true status of her love life, the 26-year-old, who ended her two-year relationship with OC co-star Adam Brody in 2006, says she now guards her privacy and tries to stay out of the spotlight.

"I like to lay low," Rachel explains to co-hosts Mike Jerrick and Juliet Huddy, saying that perhaps other young celebs could take a lesson. "I did that whole thing when I was younger, trying to get into the clubs when I was 15 and it was so silly looking back. Now, I want to be at home with my dogs and my friends."

This same discretion also applies to Rachel's feelings on onscreen nudity, and why she says she won't ever take her clothes off in front of the camera. "No, I feel pretty strongly about that," she says. "I feel there are ways to avoid it."

Edited by ElleDriver

Rachel Bilson: "Hayden's a Good Kisser!"

OK!

Though Rachel Bilson won't confirm the rumors that she and her handsome Jumper co-star Hayden Christensen are romantically involved, the brunette beauty will openly admit that she enjoyed her onscreen smooching scenes with him.

"To all the ladies who I'm sure would like to know," Rachel reveals in an interview set to air Friday on The Morning Show With Mike & Juliet. "He was a good kisser!"

Regarding the true status of her love life, the 26-year-old, who ended her two-year relationship with OC co-star Adam Brody in 2006, says she now guards her privacy and tries to stay out of the spotlight.

"I like to lay low," Rachel explains to co-hosts Mike Jerrick and Juliet Huddy, saying that perhaps other young celebs could take a lesson. "I did that whole thing when I was younger, trying to get into the clubs when I was 15 and it was so silly looking back. Now, I want to be at home with my dogs and my friends."

This same discretion also applies to Rachel's feelings on onscreen nudity, and why she says she won't ever take her clothes off in front of the camera. "No, I feel pretty strongly about that," she says. "I feel there are ways to avoid it."

What a fake. That dumb ho was spreading her stick insect legs all over GQ a few months ago. There is not a big diff between booty shorts that show your bony ass and your bare bony ass.

Yeah, right, I believe you are in are red-hot relationship with Gayden. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Way to be elusive, Rachel. You two should sneak around with Reese and Jake.

‘Jumper’ leaps to the top of the box office

Thriller earns $27.2 million in debut, ‘Step Up 2 the Streets’ takes No. 2

msnbc.com

LOS ANGELES - The globe-trotting thriller “Jumper” leaped to a box office win with $27.2 million on a weekend when Hollywood offered something for everyone, with new films for action fans, teens, family audiences and the date-movie crowd.

Starring Hayden Christensen and Samuel L. Jackson in the tale of a man who can teleport himself instantly to any spot on the planet, 20th Century Fox’s “Jumper” has rung up $33.9 million since opening Thursday, according to studio estimates Sunday.

The new wide releases opened a day early, Valentine’s Day on Thursday, to get a head start at what studio executives viewed as a long holiday weekend, with President’s Day on Monday.

“Valentine’s Day has become a great movie-going day,” said 20th Century Fox distribution executive Bert Livingston. “Even though kids are not out of school and people are working, it’s still a holiday in the sense that in the evening, men take their wives, or girlfriends and boyfriends go out. Everybody goes to the movies.”

Debuting in second place was Disney’s teen dance sequel “Step Up 2 the Streets,” which pulled in $19.7 million for the weekend and $26.3 million since Thursday.

Box office results

Estimated ticket sales for Feb. 15-17

1. “Jumper,” $27.2 million.

2. “Step Up 2 the Streets,” $19.7 million.

3. “The Spiderwick Chronicles,” $19.1 million.

4. “Fool’s Gold,” $13.1 million.

5. “Definitely, Maybe,” $9.7 million.

6. “Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins,” $8.9 million.

7. “Juno,” $4.6 million.

8. “The Bucket List,” $4.1 million.

9. “Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert,” $3.3 million.

10. 27 Dresses,” $3.2 million.

Paramount’s family fantasy “The Spiderwick Chronicles,” featuring Freddie Highmore and Mary-Louise Parker in the story of a mom and her kids who move into a house menaced by evil creatures, opened at No. 3 with a $19.1 million weekend. Since Thursday, it has taken in $26.8 million.

Universal’s romance “Definitely, Maybe,” with Ryan Reynolds as a dad looking back on his romantic life after he’s served with divorce papers, premiered at No. 5 with a weekend haul of $9.7 million.

The previous weekend’s top movie, the Warner Bros. romantic comedy “Fool’s Gold,” fell to fourth place with $13.1 million, raising its 10-day total to $42 million.

Despite the rush of solid openings, Hollywood was unable to match the weekend business of a year ago. The top 12 movies took in $119 million, down 16 percent from the same weekend in 2007, when “Ghost Rider” opened with $45.4 million, the best debut ever over President’s Day weekend.

“A record-breaking debut for ‘Ghost Rider’ led to a record-breaking President’s Day weekend last year. Inevitably, that was going to be very tough to beat,” said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box office tracker Media By Numbers.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.