Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Dane Cook

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alba, Cook Raise $260K for Charity

A charity found its good-luck charms in Jessica Alba and Dane Cook, who attended a screening of their new comedy, "Good Luck Chuck," at a Knoxville theater.

Fans paid $75 to see the actors and attend the screening, which raised $260,000 for Variety of Eastern Tennessee, a charity benefiting children with disabilities.

Knoxville Mayor Bill Haslam proclaimed "Jessica Alba and Dane Cook Day" on Tuesday, and Regal Entertainment Group CEO Mike Campbell unveiled commemorative tiles to be placed at the Walk of Fame at Regal's Pinnacle 18 theater.

"I've never had a proclamation except, `You're fired,'" Cook, 35, told the crowd of about 1,000.

"Good Luck Chuck" opened in theaters Friday. Alba, 26, plays Cam, a clumsy penguin-keeper who captures Cook's heart.

Knoxville-based Regal Entertainment Group has hosted several screenings to benefit Variety, including a showing of "Talladega Nights" with Will Ferrell and "The Dukes of Hazzard" with Jessica Simpson, Seann William Scott and Knoxville native Johnny Knoxville.

___

On the Net:

Variety of Eastern Tennessee:

http://varietytn.org/

Regal Entertainment Group:

http://www.regalcinemas.com/

(Pagesix.com)

Locking Lips

FORGET Dax Shephard; Kate Hudson has moved on to an actual movie star. Hudson, having dumped funnyman Shephard, was linked to Dane Cook, but Thursday night she only had eyes for Heath Ledger. Spies at Beatrice Inn said they spent their evening at the trendy watering hole "kissing and making out." A rep for Hudson said, "This is absolutely untrue. They ran into each other and chatted briefly, but that was the extent of it." But our spy insists on the liplock.

I just rented Mr. Brooks and I know this is not such a lofty accomplishment, but he acted circles around Demi Moore. I think she should go back under anesthesia. Actually, I should have gone under before watching this movie. It was that painful.

Dane Cook breaks club record with 7-hour set

Laugh Factory endurance record was previously held by Dave Chappelle

MSNBC.com

LOS ANGELES - Dane Cook broke a Laugh Factory endurance record set less than a month ago by Dave Chappelle.

In what is becoming a heated battle between the two comedians, Cook told jokes at the Sunset Strip comedy club for 7 hours, beating the record Chappelle, 34, set at 6 hours and 12 minutes in December.

Cook went on stage Tuesday and continued until nearly 7 a.m. Wednesday, and at one point even sent out for food to keep the audience fed and happy.

“If this rivalry keeps up I’m going to turn the Laugh Factory into a bed and breakfast,” club owner Jamie Masada said.

Last April, Cook set a record with an act lasting 3 hours and 50 minutes, breaking a mark set by Richard Pryor in 1980 of 2 hours and 41 minutes. Chappelle broke the record later that month, then broke his own record in December.

Cook, 35, most recently appeared with Steve Carell in the film “Dan in Real Life.”

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Edited by BobbyD

COOK BEATS STAND-UP RECORD

Stand-up comedian Dane Cook has broken the record for the longest set at Hollywood's legendary Laugh Factory club with a seven-hour performance.

Cook and Dave Chappelle have been engaged in a lengthy rivalry to hold the club's record after Cook performed a routine lasting three hours and 50 minutes in April 2007, smashing the original club record of two hours and 41 minutes, set by Richard Pryor in 1980.

Comedy Central star Chappelle shattered Cook's record later that month with a routine lasting six hours and seven minutes, before increasing his record by five minutes in early December.

But 35-year-old Boston native Cook has now reclaimed the record after taking the stage at the Los Angeles club at midnight and not departing until 07:00 local time on Wednesday morning.

Writing on his blog yesterday, Cook said: "Quick true or false blurb: Did I really do a record-breaking seven hours of stand-up comedy last night at the Laugh Factory? True.

"I never sat down or left the stage. The show started with a small mighty crowd of around 60, and 35 of us were together this morning still laughing and recapping 2007 with laughs galore. It felt fantastic," says Cook.

The Good Luck Chuck star - soon to be seen on UK screens in Dan In Real Life - ordered food at one point to keep his crowd attentive.

"I talked about anything and everything. From tigers mauling people to my parents' deaths. Reconstructive surgery to starting my very own race war. Sex, drugs and anything else that my brain served up," he writes.

"I knew everyone in the crowd by the end and now they know me too. I dedicate my record-breaking set to all comedians that inspire me past and present."

Club owner Jamie Masada told E! Online that Cook's feat was "amazing".

"Dane kept the energy going. It reminded me at one point of Richard Pryor. He made the audience laugh for seven hours...It was really history-making. It was wonderful."

However Chappelle may ready to take another shot at the record, it seems.

Masada says the 34-year-old left him a voicemail saying: "Man, okay, when can I come in?"

contact music

Jessica Simpson's Fun Fearless Males

(CBS) What do comedian Dane Cook, football star Tony Romo, and musician John Mayer have in common?

Yes, they've all been linked to Jessica Simpson, but that's not it.

The three celebrities are among the hotties being honored as Fun Fearless Males by Cosmopolitan magazine, with Mayer being named Fun Fearless Male of the Year.

They join honorees Tom Anderson, co-founder MySpace; Dave Annable from "Brothers & Sisters;" entertainer Chris Brown; rapper/actor Common; "High School Musical" star Zac Efron; John Krasinski of "The Office;" Peter Krause from "Dirty Sexy Money;" Animal Planet's Dave Salmoni; and "Atonement" star James McAvoy.

The men will be honored at an awards luncheon on March 3 in New York, with Carmen Electra as emcee of the festivities.

Conspiracy theorists may be interested to note that last year's winner was Jessica Simpson's ex-husband, Nick Lachey.

Simpson's exes and new guy honored

Associated Press Writer

Jessica Simpson was the blonde elephant in the room when two of her exes and her new guy — Dane Cook, John Mayer and Tony Romo — were honored together at Cosmopolitan's Fun Fearless Male Awards.

But Romo, the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, broke the ice when he joked about the situation while claiming his award at Monday's luncheon.

When musing about what made him qualify as one of Cosmo's Fun Fearless Males, Romo said: "Dane Cook, John Mayer ... if you date Jessica Simpson, I guess."

The Simpson trend began when her ex-husband, Nick Lachey, was honored by the mag as 2007's Fun Fearless Male of the Year (Mayer got the top award this year). But there were other honorees with non-Simpson connections: John Krasinski (NBC's "The Office"), singer Chris Brown, rapper Common, Peter Krause (ABC's "Dirty Sexy Money"), Dave Annable (ABC's "Brothers and Sisters"), Animal Planet's Dave Salmoni and MySpace.com co-founder Tom Anderson.

Romo told The Associated Press that football makes him fearless — but so does being a celebrity athlete whose life off the field is tabloid fodder. Romo's relationship with Simpson came under fire earlier this year when fans blamed the couple's weekend trip to Mexico for the Cowboys' defeat by the New York Giants (who ultimately won the Super Bowl).

Romo said he tries to ignore the intense media glare into his personal life.

"You live life. I'm just trying to be a good person, trying to work hard and do things the right way," said Romo, who has also been linked to Carrie Underwood and actress Sophia Bush.

When asked about his offseason plans, Romo said he'll "probably just hang out with the guys, you know, get away a little bit and get back home."

Will Simpson come too?

"Yeah," he said, grinning

Jessica Simpson Has Boned Three Of These Dudes

Posted Image

Tony Romo, Dane Cook and John Mayer were awarded with Cosmo's Fun Fearless Male Award today in NYC. All three of them have also been with Jessica Simpson at one time or another. I'm sure they stood around the bar trading sex stories. Actually, they probably asked each other, "Did Papa Joe insist on watching you with Jessica too?"

Dave Salmoni, Peter Krause, Dave Annable, Tom from MySpace, John Krasinki and Common were also honored. I'm sure one of them will be one of Jessica's future exes too.

http://www.dlisted.com/

Men Arrested Near Kate Hudson's Home

The filmmakers were no threat to the actress

Three men, one wielding a gun, were apprehended in New York outside the building where Kate Hudson lives.

The men were arrested after a woman called 911, reporting that she saw them waving a rifle on the top of an NYC building, reports TMZ.com.

It turns out the men were student filmmakers, and the gun was in fact a prop. They carried a script and camera with them and had no knowledge that the "Fool's Gold" actress lived in the building.

Law enforcement had cuffed the men, questioned them and determined the gun scare was not directed at Hudson.

Hudson, 28, has also starred in "You, Me and Dupree," "The Skeleton Key," "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and "Almost Famous." She next stars opposite Dane Cook in the upcoming fall comedy "My Best Friend's Girl."

SERIOUSLY, THIS GUY ISN'T FUNNY

Page Six

April 1, 2008 -- THERE's nothing amusing about Dane Cook, according to fellow comics and two Boston radio personalities who are about to name him "The Unfunniest Comic" this afternoon.

WBCN jock Fred Toucher, who co-hosts a talk show with Rich Shertenlieb weekday afternoons in Boston, says Cook is the overwhelming favorite in a tournament patterned after NCAA basketball's March Madness, where he's ahead of Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Carlos Mencia and Paula Poundstone.

"We were talking about how people laugh out loud at nonsense and Dane is a good example of that," Toucher told Page Six. "We'd listen to him and at the end of four minutes he'd change subjects, and that was it. We couldn't figure out when the joke was.

"And he's actually hated. People don't hate others they way they do him. At least Foxworthy panders to rednecks. Dane's stories are so weak you wouldn't want to hear them over lunch."

Cook, 36, has been accused of stealing jokes by Louis CK, Demetri Martin, Joe Rogan and others. And the big-headed comic is also known for his huge ego and his diva-like demands.

The star of such movie stinkers as "Employee of the Month" and "Good Luck Chuck" allegedly was also once tossed out of Smith & Wollensky steak house because he was so difficult. "His assistant ordered for him. He got a steak and sent it back three times," said one employee. "The chef was furious. Eventually we told him enough is enough."

And one insider on the set of the TBS World Series commercials Cook filmed last year said he demanded blocks of tickets for postseason games in return for filming the commercials for free.

"He doesn't recall ever being to Smith & Wollensky," said Cook's spokeswoman Ina Treciokas. "He did go to Houston's when he was in town a few weeks ago and ordered chicken, which he did not send back. As for the [baseball] campaign, he did it for free. In return, they gave him two tickets to any baseball game over the next three years, and he's been to five games so far." Treciokas added: "He is a triple-platinum artist who's sold 32,000 tickets on his last tour in Boston and 365,545 tickets in 25 cities over the course of the entire tour."

Dane Cook's kin accused of stealing millions from comic

December 31, 2008

The older half-brother of Dane Cook was charged yesterday with stealing millions of dollars from the Massachusetts-based actor-comedian over the past 18 months while serving as his personal business manager.

Darryl McCauley, 43, is scheduled to be arraigned this morning in Woburn District Court on charges of larceny, forgery, and larceny by continuous scheme. He was arrested at his Wilmington home yesterday by State Police.

The state attorney general's office, which investigated the case, would not identify McCauley as Cook's brother yesterday, only saying that he stole from a national entertainer with local ties.

However, Cook's friends and state documents identify McCauley as his half-brother and as an official with his company, Great Dane Enterprises, Inc.

Joseph Zwicker, a Boston lawyer, said yesterday that he represents Cook and that he plans to be at the arraignment today, but he would not comment further until the case is presented in court.

The investigation began two weeks ago after Cook and a lawyer filed a complaint with Attorney General Martha Coakley's office.

According to Coakley's office, McCauley had been the business manager for his client from the early 1990s until this month.

As business manager, he would manage his client's financial affairs, including the receipt and payment of bills, and the receipt and deposit of income and revenue from various businesses his client controlled.

Between July 2007 and December 2008, prosecutors say, McCauley stole millions of dollars from his former client's business accounts by transferring funds to his own personal accounts. In one instance, he allegedly forged Cook's signature for a $3 million check from the entertainer's account to himself.

McCauley used the money for personal use, Coakley's office said, and an investigation is ongoing.

Bill Blumenreich, a friend of Cook's who produced several tours and runs the Comedy Connection, said yesterday that he was somewhat surprised by the arrest.

He said he learned about a month ago that McCauley had been fired, but was not sure why until yesterday.

"It's just very unfortunate, very shocking," Blumenreich said.

McCauley was with Cook from the beginning of the comedian's young career. He would sell merchandise at Cook's local shows, and manage the e-mail list and website. McCauley worked as a state prison guard until a few years ago, when Cook was successful enough to hire him full time. Cook at one point credited McCauley for giving him a job at Burger King, when he was a teenager and McCauley was a manager.

Cook, 36, had always kept family close, but McCauley sincerely seemed to help him, too, Blumenreich said.

"I think he wanted to help him out, and I think the kid was working very hard for him, too," he said.

Originally known as a stand-up comic who released comedy albums, including the double-platinum album "Retaliation," Cook has been starring in a series of films in recent years, including "Employee of the Month," with Jessica Simpson, and last fall's "My Best Friend's Girl," with Kate Hudson.

He cannot be so wealthy as to not see $3 million missing....

I guess he trusted him so much that he NEVER looked at his accounts or had any dealings with his income. Or had an accountant audit his business.... WOW expensive mistake.

Half brother of Dane Cook ordered held on $1M bail

WOBURN, Mass. – The half brother of Dane Cook has been ordered held on $1 million bail on charges alleging he stole millions of dollars from the comedian.

Darryl McCauley pleaded not guilty to eight counts of larceny over $250, forgery and larceny by continuous scheme. Prosecutors said at Thursday's arraignment in Middlesex Superior Court that more charges are expected.

Prosecutors say the 43-year-old McCauley stole the money while being paid $12,500 a month to act as business manager for Cook's company, Great Dane Enterprises.

Defense attorney Robert Goldstein said McCauley denies taking any money without his brother's consent. Goldstein, who asked for $100,000 bail, said Thursday that McCauley and Cook were "virtual partners" who together built Cook's career.

A pretrial conference is set for April 16.

How does he keep getting all these good film roles?

I don't know . . . although since he does repel me so so badly, I could accept him as an inept psycho in Mr. Brookes.

Dane Cook: Half brother in jail after 'terrible betrayal'

Comedian Dane Cook appears on Thursday's "Larry King Live"

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Comedian Dane Cook took a somber tone and described a sense of "terrible betrayal" in discussing the recent arrest of his half brother, who is accused of embezzling millions from him.

How does comedian Dane Cook deal with familial betrayal? "Dance. ... You dance."

Cook spoke about the ordeal Thursday on CNN's "Larry King Live."

"It's a terrible betrayal. But hopefully justice will be served and I can move on with my life," Cook said.

Cook's half brother, Darryl McCauley, has been accused of embezzling millions from Cook while he was the Boston-area comic's manager.

McCauley was arrested in December and charged with larceny, forgery and other crimes, according to authorities in Boston, Massachusetts.

McCauley is accused of transferring Cook's money into his own account. And in one case, McCauley is accused of forging a $3 million dollar check written on Cook's account, according to the Massachusetts attorney general's office.

McCauley is in jail awaiting trial and has pleaded not guilty. CNN's calls to McCauley's attorney were not returned.

Cook talked briefly about the ordeal Thursday.

"I worked with my only half brother for several years. Woke up one day and a lot of stuff missing," Cook said. "There is a good chunk of money that is certainly not accounted for. That's all I can say about it at this point."

King asked Cook how he deals with his sense of betrayal.

"Dance. Larry, you dance," Cook said with a smile.

Cook Speaks Out About Eviction Reports

Comedian DANE COOK has broken his silence about the legal battle which forced him out of his Los Angeles apartment last year (08), insisting it was his decision to leave the property.

The Good Luck Chuck star was reported to have been evicted from his West Hollywood home last September (08) after his landlord took legal action against him following complaints about the actor's dog.

The lawsuit, filed in April 2008, claimed Cook had ignored three warnings from the building's owner about his pet chihuahua, which the actor allegedly allowed to defecate on the land surrounding his apartment.

Cook was allegedly slapped with an eviction notice by the Los Angeles sheriff's department but the case was eventually settled out of court and he moved into a new pad in the Hollywood Hills.

But, more than a year on from the controversy, the star has spoken out to clarify reports, insisting the media got it all wrong.

He tells the New York Post's gossip column Page Six, "We settled that out of court... I was not evicted... I went out willingly."

But the false reporting has not encouraged Cook to address any future rumours in a more timely fashion: "Sometimes I like letting people think these things."

Source contactmusic

Find Out Which Celeb Asked Out Newly Single Eva Longoria

Friday – November 26, 2010 – 3:19pm

Nine days after Eva Longoria filed for divorce from husband Tony Parker, one of Hollywood's most eligible bachelors is hoping he can give the Desperate Housewives star a second chance at love.

Dane Cook, who has been linked to Jessica Simpson in the past, used his Twitter account to test the waters with the actress Friday morning.

"Is it too soon to ask Eva Longoria if she's ready to date?" Cook, 38, asked his followers. "I'd like to take her to dinner, a divorce and then a movie."

Though Longoria, 35, has yet to respond to the comedian's tweet, a source close to the actress tells UsMagazine.com that she's ready to move forward. "She's figuring out how to put her life back together," the insider says.