princess

John Mayer

After a false start, Jessica Simpson and John Mayer are giving dating a try again. The couple met up for an hour-long lunch at Paradise Cove Beach Café in Malibu, California, on November 12.

“She didn’t eat much,” a witness says. “She drank double vodka cranberries. When they got up, Jessica was rubbing his back. You could definitely tell they were on a date.” Mayer left a $40 tip on the $100 bill.

Is it for real this time? Even Simpson, 26, and Mayer, 29, aren’t sure yet.

“She’s taking her time with it,” a Simpson pal says.

Adds a Mayer source, “It’s a flirtation. I wouldn’t call it full-on dating, but there is a fondness. He doesn’t like the attention, but he likes her. He wants to avoid the public scrutiny of last time.”

What’s up next for the couple? Separate Thanksgiving holidays with family (hers in Texas, his in Connecticut). Then, he’ll spend downtime in NYC songwriting, while she heads to Louisiana to film the Luke Wilson comedy Blonde Ambition. Could an on-set visit be next? Stay tuned.

Source: Us Weekly

A 'SHORE' THING

After spending the day working out together, John Mayer and Jessica Simpson arrive at The Shore Club's Nobu restaurant in Miami for a romantic dinner on Monday, where the rumored couple spent the evening laughing and holding hands. More cozy dinners could be in store: Mayer is staying in the Sunshine State through the end of the week for his concert tour.

Posted Image

Jessica's Riding Mayer's Bus

Posted Jan 23rd 2007 5:22PM by TMZ Staff

Blonde bombshell Jessica Simpson and balladeer borefriend John Mayer are taking their show on the road. The new couple was spotted in Miami just hours ago -- loading into Mayer's tour bus.

Posted Image

Mayer will be performing in Jacksonville on the 25th, and Jessica seems to be going along for the ride. Just a few months ago, Jessica weathered a media backlash for her then publicist's mistake of going public with the Mayer romance and then denying it. Now Jess is on board and on the bus.

ALL ABOARD

John Mayer has a new tour partner – Jessica Simpson! The two, who shared a romantic dinner together in Miami the night before, leave the Four Seasons Hotel Tuesday afternoon to board Mayer's tour bus. Destination? Jacksonville, where Mayer is performing on Thursday.

Posted Image

Jess and John: Just for the Cameras?

Posted Jan 25th 2007 8:12AM by TMZ Staff

Jessica Simpson and John Mayer may be one of Hollywood's hottest new couples for the cameras, but could it all be a big Simpson ruse to get back at ex-hubby Nick Lachey?

At Nobu in Miami in Tuesday night, the pair "barely spoke" to each other, reports Page Six, and John "was extremely quiet and didn't speak a lot." Jessica, as is her wont, engaged in "a lot of puppy-dog looks and twirled and twisted her hair." Sure, they were seen holding hands, but Simpson then left John all alone for 20 minutes at the table to get herself primped for cameras waiting outside.

Simpson and Mayer, says the Post, are staying at the Four Seasons because Nick and Jess always used to shack up at the Shore Club.

John Mayer on Aging, Jessica and His Comedy Career

FRIDAY JANUARY 26, 2007 02:40 PM EST

By Tim Nudd

John Mayer feels secure about his music career – but maybe a little less so about his age and his comedy skills.

Responding to questions from a contestant on the reality show I'm From Rolling Stone, Mayer jokes that turning 30 this coming October will be rough.

"There are lots of very invasive tests that doctors like to administer to men in their 30s," he says. "These tests usually result in a ride home with the radio off and very little blinking."

The wisecracking singer has also been working on his career as a standup comedian, and has performed several times at New York's Comedy Cellar.

Asked to describe the first set where he bombed, Mayer replies, "You mean 'set' as in just one? I'm not done bombing. I'm still clearing out a life's worth of 'Is that funny?' To which the answer is usually 'at least not the way you said it, it's not.' "

Mayer broaches the subject of his relationship with Jessica Simpson obliquely. When asked if he has "ever purchased a Jessica Simpson album," Mayer replies: "I listen to most new music released every week."

Mayer and Simpson spent time together in Miami this week. They have been linked on and off since the summer.

In terms of his music career, Mayer says he's in a groove – fans "come and go" he says, and he's "okay with that." But don't expect him to open up about his celebrity in a song anytime soon.

"I refuse to ever write a song about ANY trappings of fame," he says. "That's like your head crowing inside your ass, only set to music. Lots of people think "Vultures" is about fame and the entertainment industry, but it's not. It's more about where my confidence comes from."

ON THE MOVE

Jessica Simpson and John Mayer stay bundled up Wednesday during an unexpectedly brisk stroll in Jacksonville, Fla. The musicians have been keeping close company in the Sunshine State since the start of the week, when Simpson hooked up with the touring Mayer in Miami.

Posted Image

SUN AND FUN

John Mayer and Jessica Simpson continue their tour of the Sunshine State in Miami on Friday. After Mayer's concert date in Jacksonville, the duo, who were in town earlier in the week, rolled in on Mayer's tour bus at 4 a.m. and checked into the Four Seasons Hotel.

Posted Image

Dual personality

Rocking guitarist has a sweet side, too, at MSG show

BY JIM FARBER

DAILY NEWS MUSIC CRITIC

Two John Mayers took the stage at Madison Square Garden last night: the thoughtful singer-songwriter who pens pensive odes to philosophy and love, and the ambitious guitar hero who spins solos of sensuality and fire.

Mayer has worked hard, and cannily, to entwine these two characters in his career, stressing each at different times to broaden his palate - and his audience.

Last night, Mayer struck a savvy balance, spicing those songs that have made him a radio star with plenty of hints of his budding role as a guitar god.

Mayer never let a solo tarry for more than a teasing break, but he packed each with skill and feeling. In "Good Love Is on the Way" Mayer worked a terse wah-wah solo around the song's main, snaking riff.

In the blues standard "I Don't Need No Doctor" he bounced a bright lead off a chunky shuffle of a beat.

Mayer also used two other lead guitar players in his backing band to give the music a firmer spine.

At other times, the singer turned more intimate, offering lithe, solo acoustic numbers like "Stop This Train" and "Your Body Is a Wonderland," all without losing momentum.

Such a push and pull has clearly paid off in the changing demographic of Mayer's live audience. The last time he played the Garden, women dominated. This time, they made up just half the house.

Initially, women were drawn to Mayer's chivalrous lyrics, though they can lapse into corniness (see the aforementioned "Wonderland"). But live, his lyrics took a backseat to the surge of the music.

Whether in delicately detailed ballads or hard-stomping blues, last night's music wove the two John Mayers into a seamless whole.

Originally published on March 1, 2007

JESSICA SIMPSON AND JOHN MAYER: MORPHING?

Filed Under: Jessica Simpson > John Mayer

Posted Image

Are we crazy or are Jessica Simpson and John Mayer starting to look alike? Jess has darkened her hair and it looks like she dragged him to her tanning salon at least once. His usually pasty skin has a bronze glow. Jessica has also ditched her colorful sexy wardrobe and suddenly she's wearing black like you know who. Couples DO start to look alike after awhile, but this pair is moving fast.

Posted by Janet Charlton on March 4, 2007 6:52 PM

Creepshow Approves Of Daughter's Boyfriend

Filed under: Jessica Simpson , Joe Simpson , John Mayer

Posted Image

This guy gives me the damn heebie-jeebies. Joe Simpson says that he approves of his daughter Jessica's boyfriend John Mayer. Yeah he approves of him because John Mayer's a gay and he knows that he's not actually tapping that. Which leaves room for him someday! I think Jessica has been able to hold him off until now but if the right project came along that Jessica wanted to do - ugh, he would have the leverage. He's so incesty.

"If Jessica is in love, I love the things she is in love with," Joe Simpson, 49, told PEOPLE of Mayer at the Entertainment Weekly upfront party at The Box in New York City on Tuesday.

"I want her to be happy. I'm always a fan of his. I love him; he's got great music."

"I think the beautiful thing is that [he and Jessica] don't do the same thing," he told PEOPLE on Tuesday. "He's a legend already. There is no competition. He's a guitarist; that's his thing. Jessica is a singer. She doesn't play guitar, so there's no competition."

"I love what she loves"? "Jessica is a singer"? Both bizarre statements. If he didn't have this gig as creepy manager Dad, he'd be driving around in a van asking schoolgirls if they wanted to see the puppy he had in the back.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/17/creeps...s_boyfriend.php

Jessica Simpson and John Mayer Are Done

Filed under: Jessica Simpson , John Mayer , Splits

Posted Image

Just a day after her creepy ass Dad was saying how much he liked this dude for his daughter, they're over. Interesting timing. Jessica and John appear to have officially called it quits despite the fact that they're in contact "six times a day". Way to make it a clean break. Though we thank you for sparing us the eventual duet. That would have been nightmarish.

"They have broken up," says the source. "But they have broken up and gotten back together at least ten times before."

According to the source, the pair are in constant contact - even as Simpson promotes her new film Major Movie Star at the Cannes Film Festival in France. "They talk to each other at least six times a day. I don't know if this breakup is permanent, but for right now they are broken up."

Another source who knows the couple confirms to PEOPLE that pair have split. "She's kind and sweet and he's a terrific guy, but it's safe to say it has run its course."

Reps for Simpson, 26, and Mayer, 29, refused to comment on their clients' personal lives.

Did they break up because Ken Paves was jealous he was being bumped as main gay? There's gay rumours about everyone, but they're pretty prevalent about this dude. I don't think I actually believe it because his hair isn't that gay. He really has heterosexual hair. I mean, he could have that hair if he was a fashion designer because they're allowed to look fairly greasy...but in general - the big mop? Not that gay.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/18/jessic...er_are_done.php

(Rush/Molloy)

After Jess, Mayer wants a hot new single

John Mayer wasn't licking his wounds alone in his room Thursday night after his split with Jessica Simpson.

The sensitive strummer was at Stereo "hitting on every super-skinny girl there," swears our source, "and only the really skinny ones." That would be the opposite of the voluptuous Simpson, who was in Cannes announcing "Major Movie Star," which she’ll start lensing this summer while Mayer goes on tour.

Despite the flirtations, particularly with one Asian model, Mayer left alone — perhaps already regretting the rift with Simpson.

It's not the first time the high-profile pair have split. In fact, says a music-business source, "they've broken up about a dozen times this year, and they've always come back together. They're adorable together."

Why all the breakups before the makeups?

Mayer wasn't always happy with the way the sexy "Employee of the Month" star dressed, claims one source. And it's not easy having a relationship in the limelight, says another source, and "the separations were difficult."

Perhaps it was during these hiatuses that Mayer began to keep off-and-on company with an L.A. model named Caroline, one source claims. He "was always seeing the other girl anyway," said the source.

Simpson's spokeswoman Cindi Berger said, "I don't comment on my clients' personal lives."

Ditto Mayer's spokesman, Ken Sunshine.

John Mayer and Jessica Simpson Addicted to Make-Up Sex

Filed under: Jessica Simpson , John Mayer

Posted Image

Even though John Mayer was spotted keeping the company with a new girl last Thursday, inside sources still suspect that he and Simpson will continue their on-again, off-again relationship for at least a little while longer. But until they're on again, John Mayer seems to be enjoying spending his time at Stereo in NYC, distracting himself by "hitting on every super-skinny girl there," according to a Rush & Molloy tipster, "and only the really skinny ones." And apparently, these two love breaking up and then making up, spills a recording industry insider.

In fact, says a music-business source, "they've broken up about a dozen times this year, and they've always come back together. They're adorable together."

Yeah, if adorable is supposed to make you feel like gouging out your eyes to keep from gagging. Whoah, that was harsh, but you get the picture. I find them slightly annoying. But it's not like they're actually listening to me, because their reasoning behind the break-ups is more based on Mayer's distaste for Jessica's outfits and their busy work schedules. However, it seems like they're unable to completely get out of each other's lives just yet, with People reporting that the two are staying in contact via e-mail. I guess those boobies of hers just have a gravitational pull he just can't deny. I wish he'd put that line in a song.

More photos of Jessica Simpson in France after the jump.

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/21/john_m..._makeup_sex.php

That Was Fast

Posted Image

Maybe they figured out they can't survive out in the world without each other. She needs someone to translate the menu for her, and he needs a beard. John Mayer was spotted exiting Jessica Simpson's hotel in NYC today. Maybe he was borrowing a cup of sugar. Or getting his Boy Butter back.

John - who split with Jessica last Monday, insiders say, because he needed more space - was seen exiting Jessica's hotel, the Soho Grand in New York, at 12 p.m. today. "He was looking really happy," an eyewitness tells In Touch. "He couldn't stop smiling."

A pal of Jessica's confirms, "They definitely went on a date last night," but cautions that the once-divorced star isn't ready to get back together with John immediately. "She still loves him, but he's not stable," the friend explains. "He's scared of commitment. He breaks up with her and then regrets it and then begs her to get back together."

This is after he was spotted chatting up Asian chicks this past weekend - which everyone knows is the way the downlows do it. Seriously, any guy you've ever seriously thought might be a mo...if he's ever dragged an Asian chick around - he is. I don't know what it is, but closet cases love the Asian girls as beards. My Asian ladies need to revolt and fight back against beard slavery. F*ck that. Get a real man and stop letting the pansies into your lives!

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/21/that_was_fast.php

Barely a week after breaking up, John Mayer and Jessica Simpson are still keeping us guessing.

Saturday, sometime standup comic Mayer did a set at the Comedy Cellar in the West Village, talking about being single. In it, he complained that Carrie Underwood 's new song "Before He Cheats" is too aggressive toward guys.

"Maybe he's not cheating - maybe he broke up with you and you just can't deal with it," he suggested. He then concluded a riff about kicking a woman "on her knees" with: "Maybe next time, she'll think before she speaks."

But now a source tells In Touch that John and Jessica met Sunday night. And Mayer was seen leaving Simpson's downtown hotel, the SoHo Grand, around noon on Monday.

"He was looking really happy," says a witness. "He couldn't stop smiling."

Maybe she gave him some more material for his act?

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/bwiddicombe/index.html

Okay, is it me, or did Ted out John Mayer as two old blind vices,

as a golden showers boy:

(John never showed up, for the rebound record. Must have been off having wet, smelly fun with his latest.)

and as the guy who has sex to his own music?

Not so sure about that. I hear John Mayer is a fan of getting freaky to the sound of his tunes, and it seemed to work on Jess-doll for a while there, didn’t it?

I tried to find the BIs, but had no luck...

Edited by annabeast

Nag Nag Nag

Posted Image

Here's Jessica Simpson trying to reclaim John Mayer via bitchery. You know she was not putting on the proper display of teary eyes and using the "you're my home" type sappiness you need to employ when you've driven someone away and want them back. Because her Daddy has convinced her she's worth it and the best thing that ever happened to him. Ugh. They spent Memorial Day weekend at a resort in Los Cabos, Mexico by the Sea of Cortez but honey, it wasn't a Sea of Love. I don't think John wants to come back. He looks done with this. And she must have gotten really annoying, because it's big boobies in a towel and it's obviously doing nothing for him. There's only so many times you can talk about your favorite color and which classic film you're going to remake and destroy next. "I thought I would be PERFECT in "Gone With The Wind". Cuz' toomorrah is anuther daay! Don't I sound like her? And I could wear kind of a mini-hoop skirt! John?"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

More photos of Jessica Simpson and John Mayer having a heated discussion after the jump.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/29/nag_nag_nag.php

Jessica Simpson & John Mayer Split – Again

TUESDAY JUNE 05, 2007 05:15 PM EDT

Jessica Simpson and John Mayer have ended their romance – again, and this time for good. Possibly.

"It has been rocky and it had been rocky, and it reached the end of the road," a source close to Mayer tells PEOPLE. "It is definitely over – the relationship has ended."

Those on Simpson's side confirm that the romance has come to an end, but say the door is always open for the pair to reunite.

"They broke up Sunday night, but who knows what the future will hold," says a Simpson source. "This is the twelfth time they've broken up. Their relationship is volatile. Last week they felt better than ever. This week, things are rocky. Who knows what the future will bring. "

Simpson, 26, and Mayer, 29, have been together about a year, though were coy about the relationship until recently.

Just last month, the couple split, but then only days later appeared to have reconciled after a heavy round of emailing and talking.

"They tried to make it work. They dated for a year," says the Mayer source, who adds that the couple's time together in New York and more recently in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico were an attempt "to talk things over."

But that was then. Now, says the source: "It's over."

Simpson's pal says the singer is "used to" the back and forth with Mayer by now. "She love [John] but she has to be true to herself."

As for any reason's behind this most recent split: "Every relationship has its differences, but with Jessica and John those differences were starting to become more and more apparent," says the Mayer source.

people.com

A popular Mayer

A Gatecrasher mole tells us that John Mayer has made a new friend in Penelope Cruz.

Pen and her new bff, Shakira, attended an after-party at Hollywood hot spot Parc following John's June 10 concert, according to our witness. But Shaki was nowhere to be found when John was spotted entering Penelope's digits into his phone.

Mayer has been single barely a month since his final breakup with Jessica Simpson.

Something tells me if that man ever loses his cell phone in a taxi, he’s never getting it back.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/bwiddicombe/index.html

TAXICAB CONFESSIONS

John Mayer and comedian Sherrod Small, who collaborated together on a remix of Internet sensation "Chocolate Rain," take their act on the road after leaving Stereo nightclub in New York early Friday morning.

Posted Image

John Mayer Blogs: Self-consciousness Is "Toxic"

Thursday March 27, 2008

Us Weekly

John Mayer has posted a new blog post on his official site Thursday titled "From the Heart."

"I've been traveling alone in Japan for the better part of three weeks now, and It's been so remarkable an experience for me that I can't book a ticket home yet," he begins.

"What I'm about to write isn't about fame or success or celebrity or the media," he says. "That's my business. This is about us all. This is about a level of self consciousness so high in my generation, that it's actually toxic."

Mayer continues:

This is about the girl in her bedroom who poses in front of the camera she's awkwardly holding in her outstretched hand. She'll take a hundred photos until coming up with one she's happy with, which inevitably looks nothing like her, and after she's done poring over images of herself, will post one on her myspace page and then write something like " I don't give a f*ck what you think about me."

This is about the person trying out for American Idol, who while going off about how confident they are that they were born ready to sing in front of the world, are trembling so badly they can hardly breathe.

This is about me, the guy who walks through a throng of photographers into a restaurant like he's Paul Newman, but who leaves a "reject" pile of clothes in his closet so high that his cleaning lady can't figure out how one man can step into so many pairs of pants in a week.

This is about a young guy who maintains a celebrity blog that subsists on tearing other people down but who has wrestled with a lifelong battle for acceptance as a gay man.

This is about us all. Every one of us. Who all seem to know deep down that it's incredibly hard to be alive and interact with the world around us but will try and cover it up at any cost. For as badass and unaffected as we try to come off, we're all just one sentence away from being brought to the edge of tears, if only it was worded right. And I don't want to act immune to that anymore. I took the biggest detour from myself over the past year, since I decided that I wasn't going to care about what people thought about me. I got to the point where I had so much padding on that, sure, I couldn't feel the negativity, but that's because I couldn't feel much of anything. And I think I'm done with that.

I'm not the first person to admit we're all self conscious, Kanye was. But what I want to do is to shed a little light on why we're all in the same boat, no matter the shape of the life we lead: because every one of us were told since birth that we were special. We were spoken to by name through a television. We were promised we could be anything that we wanted to be, if only we believed it and then, faster than we saw coming, we were set loose into the world to shake hands with the millions of other people who were told the exact same thing.

And really? Really? It turns out we're just not all that special, when you break it down. Beautifully unspectacular, actually. And that truth is going to catch up with us whether we want to run from it or not. The paparazzo following me to the gym ain't gonna be Herb Ritts and the guy he's following ain't gonna be Bob Dylan. It's just a matter of how old you are once you embrace that fact. And for me, 30 sounds about right.

What now, then? I can only really say for myself: Enjoy who I am, the talents and the liabilities. Stop acting careless. In fact, care more. Be vulnerable but stay away from where it hurts. Read. See more shows. Of any kind. Rock shows, art shows, boat shows. Create more art. Wear hoodies to dinner. Carry a notebook and hand it to people when they passionately recommend something and ask them to write it down for me.

Root for others.

Give more and expect the same in return, but over time.

Act nervous when I'm nervous, puzzled when I don't know what the hell to do, and smile when it all goes my way. And never in any other order than that.

And when it's all over, whether at the end of this fabulous career or of this life, which I hope takes place at the same time, I should look back and say that I had it good and I made the most of it while I was able. And so should you.

I'm going quiet now.

John

Jennifer Aniston Dines With John Mayer

PEOPLE

Jennifer Aniston had a private meal with musician John Mayer in a Miami restaurant that opened Friday afternoon just for them.

"I was happy to accommodate them," says Charles Bell, general manager of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in the Miami Design District, which opened its doors for the pair early at 3:30 p.m. for the 90-minute meal.

Sitting across from each other in a booth, their heads were close together, and they were engaged in a private conversation, says Bell.

"I can't speculate on what kind of meeting it was but they looked happy and seemed to have a great time," he says.

Aniston, in Miami shooting the movie Marley & Me with Owen Wilson, ordered a chopped chicken salad, while Mayer had a Serrano ham sandwich which "Jen ate some of," says Bell. For dessert, they shared a chocolate-and-peanut-butter layered treat.

Fall Out Boy Ask Mayer To Beat It

FALL OUT BOY’s cover of MICHAEL JACKSON’s BEAT IT features a guitar solo from JOHN MAYER.

The punk pop group was forced to release the track as a single when a live version of their rendition became an unexpected hit on downloading website iTunes.com.

And the group had no problems going straight to Mayer, who once dated Jessica Simpson - the sister of Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz’s fiancee, Ashlee Simpson - to provide a little extra star power.

Wentz says, "Back in the day, Eddie Van Halen played on (Michael Jackson’s) Beat It… and we were trying to think about who is a contemporary guitar guy who’s going to go down as a legend.

"To be honest with you, there aren’t as many high-profile young ones. And John really is… a prolific guitarist. So I hit him up and asked if he’d want to do it, and he said, ‘Yeah.’

"He emailed me five minutes later and was like, ‘You wanna hear it?’ It was that quick."

Source: pr-inside

John Mayer's Birthday Gift to Jennifer Aniston: A New Song!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Happy Birthday" isn't the only tune Jennifer Aniston will getting for her Feb. 11 birthday.

John Mayer has prepared his own serenade to help his girlfriend celebrate the big 4-0.

"He did write a special song just for her for her birthday," a source tells PEOPLE of the Grammy winner. No word yet on his performance!

Think you know Jen well enough to write your own birthday tune? Take PEOPLE.com's Jennifer Aniston birthday quiz!

Source:eople