Sign in to follow this  
Zion

Kirstie Alley

i just saw a Pier 1 tv ad...Why does Kirstie look like she belongs in a Disney film? Her dress looks like she raided Snow White's closet!

Well, she's a <font size="3">BIG</font> girl They need to cover her up. I'm also amazed at her face. Of course, it's lit really, really well, but I suspect they used those tape things that give you an instant facelift. Yeah, okay okay - meow.

Well yes, she is big, but that doesn't mean she should bring back the June Cleaver style dresses to hide her ass! She's a mess and has been for years. Ah, I love the infomercial for those face lift tapes. I'm only angry I didn't think of making them for adults first, my friends and I were doing that with scotch tape in grade school. At one time Kirstie was hauling around an oxygen tank and "spraying" it on her face, guess that didn't work, lol!

<blockquote data-ipsQuote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Zion" data-cite="Zion"><div><p>At one time Kirstie was hauling around an oxygen tank and "spraying" it on her face, guess that didn't work, lol!</p></div></blockquote>Well, Oxygen Facials DO plump up your face but....

VERONICA CLOSETEDTV Guide.com<strong>Pier 1 Imports has dumped Kirstie Alley like yesterday's wicker</strong>. As part of its new marketing campaign, the home-furnishing chain has tapped Queer Eye for the Straight Guy's design guru, Thom Filicia, as its new spokesperson. National TV spots featuring Filicia will begin airing today.

Did anyone see her on the cover of that mag (US?) She's 270 pounds! My God, what happened to her? I feel bad for her; she looks horrible! :o

I watched her a week or so ago on some made for tv movie, the character she played scared the bejeezus out of me. :ph34r: I read somewhere that John Travolta is trying to help her, through Scientology of course. :rolleyes:

Photo of her in general, or from whatever the TV movie role was?? What was the name of the TV movie anyway??

Guest Zsassy

"Family Sins"

Posted Image

Thanks for the pic. She doesn't look 300 pounds. Her neck looks like it's aging though. -_-

I think this is what everyone is talking about these days.I feel bad for her, everyone poking fun of her weight all the time. :(

I feel bad for her, everyone poking fun of her weight all the time.  :(

I second that emotion princess! It's all very well to lambast someone for their weight in this age of an emaciated-obsessed media but there's no way she can lose weight until she addresses whatever it is that makes her unhappy enough to find comfort in food. I wish her all the best...

I feel bad for her, everyone poking fun of her weight all the time.  :(

Me too, I cannot stand the way the media treats obesity. It's not a fun thing to deal with and it's hard as hell to overcome. I have seen my sister struggle with this most of her adult life. :(

Agree about the weight comments. She was very good in that tv movie and I wasn't concentrating on her weight. I feel bad for her. :(

EOnline.com CHEERS! Cheers alums Kirstie Alley and Shelley Long each eyeing their own sitcom pilots for CBS and NBC respectively.

from ETonline.comKIRSTIE ALLEY MAKES FAT FUNNYJuly 22, 2004 "Cheers" alum KIRSTIE ALLEY, who has recently been targeted by tabloids for her weight gain, is making the extra pounds work for her with the new Showtime series "Fat Actress," premiering in 2005. In addition to starring, Alley is also the co-creator as well as co-executive producer of the comedy, which is being compared to the hilarious HBO hit "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

Jenny Craig Makes Alley a Not-So-Fat Actress

(Monday, December 20 02:31 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) In the pilot for her new Showtime comedy "Fat Actress," a running joke finds Kirstie Alley lamenting that the only work she can get is as a spokesmodel for Jenny Craig. It's unclear who the joke's on now, because Alley has, indeed, joined Jenny Craig as the diet company's "star" client for 2005.

The Emmy-winning actress will begin appearing in Jenny Craig commercials on Monday, Jan. 10, 2005.

"I had a great time getting fat and now I'm going to have an even greater time losing weight," Alley says. "Since I started working with the Jenny Craig team, they've supported my unconventional, hopefully humorous, approach to coming to grips with the fact that I'm certifiably fat -- I goof around with that on my show, 'Fat Actress.' The truth is, no one wants to think they need Jenny Craig, but once you regain consciousness and realize, as I did, that it's the best and most fun plan out there, you concede."

Alley, currently working with the Jenny Craig team to strategize ways to eat and live healthier, is no stranger to the weight loss system, having lost 15 pounds more than 14 years ago. Her goals this time are loftier, as she hopes to drop 50 pounds.

"Our new advertising campaign is designed to resonate with anyone looking to lose unwanted weight with a safe, scientifically-proven, lifestyle-focused method," says Jim Evans, CEO of Jenny Craig. "Kirstie Alley is a Hollywood star who is struggling with her weight like thousands of other Americans. She has this fantastic energy to encourage and motivate other women and men to join her in weight loss success -- all with an incredible sense of fun and humor."

"Fat Actress," in which the "Cheers" and "Veronica's Closet" star mocks her own oft-maligned public persona, premieres on Showtime in March.