Sign in to follow this  
fykeylicious

Gerard Butler

Cage Exiting 'Capone' Rising

Gerard Butler will still star

May 25, 2007

It looks like Nicolas Cage won't be appearing in Brian DePalma's sequel to "The Untouchables" after all.

Slightly over a week after Variety reported that Cage would play Chicago mobster Al Capone in "The Untouchables: Capone Rising," the trade paper is now saying that scheduling conflicts will prevent Cage from doing the film.

While Cage is out, it was announced last week that "300" star Gerard Butler will play cop Jimmy Malone, the role that earned Sean Connery an Oscar, in the prequel.

Relativity Media is financing "Capone Rising," which has already secured domestic distribution through Paramount.

Cage had a spring hit with "Ghost Rider" and a spring dud with "Next," following last fall's relatively successful "World Trade Center" and the bomb that was "The Wicker Man." He's already completed work on a remake of "Bangkok Dangerous" and is in production on "National Treasure: Book of Secrets."

It's unclear what his next project will be or what actor will step into the young Capone role.

Anytime, fyk! ;)

I like him as well...300 definitely made me a fan. :D

All Reuters News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"300" star, rapper rock for Ritchie crime movie

"300" hero Gerard Butler, Tom Wilkinson, Thandie Newton and rapper Chris "Ludacris" Bridges have been cast in "RocknRolla," writer/director Guy Ritchie's return to the caper genre.

Butler stars as a street-smart mobster who has learned to play both sides of the fence, while Wilkinson plays an old-school mob boss whose regime is quickly losing ground to foreign interlopers.

Newton acts as the love interest of Butler's character, and Bridges plays an American trying to break into the U.K. music scene.

The story is set in motion when a Russian mobster orchestrates a crooked land deal and millions of dollars are thrown up for grabs, with all of London's criminal underworld players wanting in on the action.

Ritchie, whose credits include "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels," starting filming last week in London. Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing.

Butler will next be seen opposite Hilary Swank in the romantic drama "P.S. I Love You." Wilkinson next stars opposite George Clooney in the drama "Michael Clayton." Newton recently appeared in "Norbit" and "The Pursuit of Happyness." Bridges' credits include "Crash."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Len Wiseman to direct 'New York'

Gerard Butler to star in New Line's remake

By DAVE MCNARY

Len Wiseman ("Live Free or Die Hard") has decided to "Escape From New York," and is set to helm the New Line remake, which will star Gerard Butler and be produced by Neal Moritz.

Wiseman's in final negotiations with the minimajor, which won bidding in March for a package that included Butler following the boffo launch of "300."

"Black Hawk Down" scribe Ken Nolan is penning the script. Exec producers include Original's Ori Marmur; Ron Halpern and Frederic Sichler of Canal Plus, which held the remake rights; and John Carpenter, who directed the original 1981 pic.

Butler's portraying Snake Plissken, the convict and war hero who's sent into a futuristic Manhattan -- which has been turned into a giant maximum security prison -- to rescue the president of the U.S. after his plane is knocked down by terrorists. The original starred Kurt Russell and was set in 1998.

"Live Free or Die Hard" has grossed more than $335 million worldwide. Wiseman, who broke into the business in production design, directed "Underworld" and "Underworld: Evolution."

He’s repped by ICM.

HOLY SH*T he is the effin hotness... I only saw him in 300 and I thought he was not good looking let alone hot... The bad tan and obvious sprayed on six pack just turned me off but he is one hot hot piece of meat without the costume.. WOW... Never saw him without the 300 look :lol:

HOLY SH*T he is the effin hotness... I only saw him in 300 and I thought he was not good looking let alone hot... The bad tan and obvious sprayed on six pack just turned me off but he is one hot hot piece of meat without the costume.. WOW... Never saw him without the 300 look :lol:

:D He's yummy :D

*sigh*

I was powerless over the 6 pak, sprayed on or not, I'm just weak that way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3653/20...915824rsay4.jpg