Sign in to follow this  
princess

Megan Mullally

Surprise: 'Will''s Mullally MarriesSTEPHEN M. SILVERMANpeople.com"Will & Grace"'s Megan Mullally (who plays Karen) might have buried her husband, Stanley, on the hit NBC sitcom last season, but in real life she wed last weekend, reports TV's "Entertainment Tonight."In a private ceremony Saturday night at the couple's Los Angeles home, Mullally, 44, surprised guests by marrying fiance Nick Offerman, 32. The two met more than three years ago when both were cast in a play."We had our family and closest friends fly out, and told people we were having an Emmy party," Mullally, who was previously married to casting director Michael A. Katcher, told "E.T.""When they arrived, we said, 'Welcome to our wedding!" she said.Guests reportedly included Mullally's costars Eric McCormack, Sean Hayes and Debra Messing (who went on to win an Emmy Sunday for lead actress in a comedy).Shelley Morrison, 76, who plays Mullally's maid Rosario on "Will & Grace," told TV's "Extra" that Mullally's mother flew to California simply thinking she'd be going to the Emmys."All of a sudden, they're getting married and mama is hugging me saying, 'Can you believe it? Can you believe it?'" Morrison said.Morrison didn't reveal any details about the honeymoon but did tell "Extra" that Mullally and the rest of the cast are due back at work on Wednesday.

sfgate.com

MULLALLY SET FOR TALK SHOW

Actress Megan Mullally has been offered her own talk show when filming for the eighth series of "Will & Grace" draws to a close.

The TV star, who plays Karen in the award-winning comedy, has been in negotiations with NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution to host a show scheduled to air next year.

Mullally is said to have been offered a lucrative seven-figure financial package, and allowances have been made for her to do both the unnamed show and "Will & Grace" -- which is made by sister company NBC Universal TV Studio -- should it be renewed for a ninth season.

Mullally Makes Plans for After 'Grace'(Sunday, June 26 12:07 AM)By Jay BobbinLOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - She has her "Will & Grace" role down to a science, but is Megan Mullally ready for the talk show wars?Everyone, Mullally included, will find out a little over a year from now. With her NBC Thursday comedy series soon to begin its probable final season, the Emmy-winning actress and singer has lined up a subsequent job. Starting in the fall of 2006, she'll interview guests and render songs on her own program in weekday syndication.Mullally developed a taste for the host's seat the night she filled in for David Letterman in 2003 while the CBS late-night star was recovering from shingles. "I had a really good time," she says. "A little time went by, and I did a couple of other interview-oriented things and thought, 'I really enjoy doing this.' I didn't do anything about it, though, other than to tell my husband and a few friends."Then, out of nowhere, other opportunities popped up," Mullally adds. "I thought it was a nice little example of the universe doing its job while I was just lying on the couch, watching television. Now I'm really excited about it, and it'll be nice to stay with NBC since I have a relationship with the kids there. It just seems like a nice, natural progression."At the same time, Mullally has mixed feelings about approaching the eighth -- and, likely, last -- season of "Will & Grace." She says, "It's going to be very poignant, ramping up to the finale. We've just had so much fun, and each year we've done the show seems to go by faster and faster, so this one will probably be like the blink of an eye. I think it'll be emotional in a lot of ways, but still fun."Karen Walker, Mullally's high-pitched and high-strung alter ego, has gone through all sorts of misadventures with comrades Will, Grace and Jack (Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes). "I think all four characters have developed to the degree where they're sort of unlimited in where they can go," Mullally says. "Hopefully, all four of us will have satisfying and surprising things to play this season. I have no idea how they'll wrap everything up, but it'll be fun to see how that process unfolds."Everybody has a different approach. I saw the finale of 'Everybody Loves Raymond,' and I thought it was great. One thing I liked about it was that it was true to the tone of that show. They didn't have it all be a dream, or put everybody in prison, or whatever. It just seemed like another regular episode."Seeing Mullally as herself, instead of as distinctively brassy socialite Karen, will be a big leap for many viewers to make. She says, "I feel like one thing I have in my favor is that I'm comfortable with myself. I am who I am, and I'm not very Hollywoody, which I think is good. It only takes one viewing to familiarize yourself with someone, even though I want the focus of the show to be the viewer and the guest. I don't feel the need to be funny every second or to do issue-oriented things all the time. I want to be somewhere in the middle."A possible help toward that: the much-played series of M&M's commercials in which Mullally croons and struts among different-hued chocolate candies. "That campaign helped me a lot," she says. "There was such a positive response; it did bring me to people's attention in a different way. Most people also didn't know I was a singer."Also appearing with Martin Lawrence in the comedy movie "Rebound," opening nationally Friday, July 1, Mullally is reviewing all her experiences with talk programs. "I loved watching Merv Griffin and Mike Douglas when I was growing up," she says. "Then when I was old enough to stay up late and watch Johnny Carson, I was quite enamored of him. In a sense, I've been fascinated by that kind of thing all along."Having been a guest on most of the talk shows that are out there while 'Will & Grace' has been on, I've really gotten to see how the tone and the pace and the host are. I've always approached being a guest as I would any other job, because it's still something you're doing for the audience. It's not about you."Still, Mullally knows she must be the difference if her show is to succeed where others such as Jane Pauley's haven't."I definitely think there's room for everybody," she says, "but I'm just going to approach it with my best instincts. They've served me pretty well in the past, so we'll see what happens. I'd like to feature, for lack of a better term, 'real' people telling their stories ... as well as celebrity guests, of course. I also want to have a lot of music from different genres and a live band. I'd like to make everyone feel really comfortable."

TV Guide.comGREEN LIGHT: Megan Mullally's NBC talk show is inching closer to reality. The daytime gabfest has been cleared to air in the country's four gayest markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco. Can Provincetown be far behind?

I remember hearing on an entertainment show that some people were wondering whether or not viewers would tune in to see Megan. Karen, her character on Will & Grace is totally different from Megan.

Megan Mullally 'Quits Broadway Show'

Megan Mullally has allegedly pulled out of a Broadway show weeks before its premiere.

The former Will & Grace star was expected to appear in comedy Lips Together, Teeth Apart but has now decided to quit the production, Popeater says.

Mullally has not yet explained her reasons for leaving the show but reports have claimed that she was unhappy with the director Joe Mantello.

Artistic director of the Roundabout Theatre Company Todd Haimes said: "We were surprised and disappointed that Megan Mullally had to withdraw from the production immediately, in breach of her contract.

"With the loss of Megan in a four-person ensemble, work has been delayed after only two weeks of rehearsal."

Mullally's replacement is expected to be named shortly and Haimes added that the show will still open on April 29.

Source digitalspy.co.uk