Sign in to follow this  
Lea

Jimmy Kimmel & Sarah Silverman

Didn't he leave his wife for her, I think? If he did cheat on Silverman...she can do a whole lot better. I wish her the best of luck...At least she'll have some new material, and comedians usually get funnier when they talk about breakups, divorces, etc...IMO.

I think the marriage was already over when they got together. Either way, she can do way better. Never understood why she put up with him in the first place.

Sarah Silverman Addresses Split – With Humor

By Nicholas White

No joking matter?

Sarah Silverman – who has been silent since her split with Jimmy Kimmel last month – briefly addressed the break-up during her stand-up performance Thursday night.

"Did someone tell you I'm going through a hard time?" Silverman, 37, jokingly told an audience of 300 at West Hollywood's Largo at the Coronet. (A few sympathetic cries came from the front of the crowd.)

But the edgy comedienne – who famously called Britney Spears's two sons "adorable mistakes" – quickly moved on and avoided jokes about Kimmel, 40, and relationships in general.

In the 15-minute set, Silverman instead joked about Barack Obama, Kanye West, a 13-year-old relative and a home-taped radio show from a writer on her TV show, The Sarah Silverman Project.

Wearing a green shirt, jeans and her hair in pigtails, Silverman was followed by Jeffrey Ross, who practiced material for Sunday's Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget.

Silverman and Kimmel – who were heralded as PEOPLE's Funniest Couple Alive this year – dated for five years before their surprise split.

Sarah Palin unappealin' to Jon Stewart

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 9:51 AM

If anyone had any doubts as to whom Jon Stewart supports for President, they were cleared Tuesday night at the Project ALS benefit at the Waldorf-Astoria.

Host Ben Stiller called Stewart "America's young elder statesman of political comedy" and surmised that on his Comedy Central sendup of the news, Stewart "can't take sides."

"Oh," said Stewart. "I think it's pretty clear.

"Neither of them is perfect, but if you, out of nowhere, are going to grab a woman out of the woods and make her your vice presidential candidate, what can I do?

"[sarah Palin] is like Jodie Foster in the movie 'Nell,' " Stewart continued. "They just found her, and she was speaking her own special language.

"Have you noticed how [Palin's] rallies have begun to take on the characteristics of the last days of the Weimar Republic? In Florida, she asked 'Who is Barack Obama?' Hey, lady, we just met YOU five f-ing weeks ago."

Stewart had to skip the presidential debate to attend the gala, as had Chris Rock, Letterman producer Rob Burnett, songwriter Amos Lee, a fetching Sarah Silverman and her on-again love, Jimmy Kimmel, all at the behest of Stiller. The "Madagascar 2" star was childhood friends with Jenifer Estess, who founded Project ALS with her sisters; she died of the motor-neuron disease after being diagnosed at 35. The foundation has since raised $40 million for breakthrough stem-cell and gene research at Columbia and Harvard.

Rock did note, "We're missing the debate right now. Probably McCain is asking Obama, 'Could you go get me my car?'"

Silverman, who was just attacked by McCain supporter Jackie Mason after posting her YouTube video asking young Jewish liberals to "schlep" to Florida to convince their grandparents to vote for Obama, had her own zingers.

"You know, this is a nonprofit," said Stiller, "so we should probably poke fun at Obama, too."

The comics paused for awhile, until Stiller finally said, "I know! Barack Obama has big ears."

they're back together again.

Well, that's good enough for me to believe. :D

Silverman heckled at London gig

The comedian has her own TV show in the US

US comedian Sarah Silverman was heckled on stage during her UK stand-up debut in London.

Fans, who had paid about £50 a ticket, slow hand clapped and shouted they wanted their money back after the star's short 40-minute set.

After the audience refused to leave, Silverman was forced to give a Q&A session as an encore after admitting she had no other material prepared.

The comedian has her own show on US cable TV network Comedy Central.

Unimpressed fans shouted "you're over-hyped Sarah" and "I've seen longer clips on YouTube", before the star told the audience to "go home" and the left the stage.

Reviewers from comedy websites and national newspapers were also left underwhelmed by Silverman's set at the Hammersmith Apollo, which "fizzled out" by the end.

Calling time

The Daily Telegraph's Dominic Cavendish described the comic as "skipping away in near-disgrace" after the "excruciatingly embarrassing" question and answer session.

Steve Bennett from comedy website Chortle complained that "minute for minute, there are sex phonelines that are cheaper than Sarah Silverman".

"She is a guiltily enjoyable act, but just when she starts to hit her stride, she calls time on the gig - over when it had barely begun," he said.

If you can't produce a single slice of new material, then don't put on a show in the first place.

Audience member Rob

"With this shockingly brief performance she delivers a stinging insult to the fans who had been so ready to laud her."

BBC Radio 1 reporter Kev Geoghegan, who was also at the gig, said Silverman looked "clearly mystified" as to why she had to return to the stage after her short set.

"A lot of people who paid £45 a ticket would have been aggrieved," he told the BBC News website.

"For a gig that size of 3,600 people and a first night in London to show people what all the fuss in America is about her, she could've done more - she should have been able to fill for another 20 minutes."

Fans also fumed on internet forums about the gig, including Rob who posted on Time Out's website: "I've never been to a more sad-sack performance in my life - if you can't produce a single slice of new material, then don't put on a show in the first place," he said.

"When the lights went up, I thought it was a joke, and when she was cajoled into coming back onto the stage it was almost embarrassing - utterly pathetic."

Earlier this year, a clip of Silverman singing with Matt Damon about a fake affair became a worldwide hit on the internet after being watched by millions.

After bombing on Jonathan Ross, the 'world's hottest comedian' Sarah Silverman flops on London stage

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 9:11 PM on 20th October 2008

She bombed as a guest on Jonathan Ross's show on Friday night and now Sarah Silverman has flopped on stage too.

Hailed as the 'world's hottest, most controversial comedian', Silverman made her full-length UK debut at London's Hammersmith Apollo last night in front of an audience that included Hollywood star Keanu Reeves.

The 37-year-old comedian charged £35 for a performance of less than an hour, where she appeared anxious and uncomfortable.

Sarah Silverman may be the 'funniest woman alive' but she disappointed fans at London's Hammersmith Apollo last night

Dressed in a newly-purchased Topshop mini-skirt, the taboo jokes were still there, including gags about abortion and rape.

However overall ' the funniest woman alive' - a moniker bestowed on her by Rolling Stone magazine - failed to impress.

More...'Jimmy Tarbuck saved my career,' says Jonathan Ross as he reveals his battle with depression and alcohol abuse

The one consolation for fans was the impromptu Q&A session that followed her brief stage show.

This disappointing performance follows her erratic one on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross where she appeared at times distracted and lost in thought.

Sarah appeared on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross and appeared lost in thought during the interview

The only highlight was when Ross showed Silverman's spoof YouTube video 'I'm F***ing Matt Damon'.

Made as a birthday 'present' to her on-off boyfriend, TV presenter Jimmy Kimmel, the clip has been viewed by millions.

Times Online

October 20, 2008

Sarah Silverman at the Hammersmith Apollo, W6

Sarah Silverman has a reputation for being offensive, but it wasn’t her poop jokes or ironic racism that caused such a smell at the end of her first British headlining gig on Sunday night. The American comic had performed for just 50 minutes. No crime at a smaller, cheaper London venue such as the Soho Theatre. But at this 3,500-seater, where it takes almost that long to queue for the bar, where stalls tickets were £45 a pop, it was larceny.

OK, it wasn’t Silverman’s fault that her support act, Steve Agee, fell ill. Maybe it wasn't her fault that the show was preceded by a five-minute clips batch from the new series of The Sarah Silverman Program (gee, thanks). But it was she who later greeted her fans’ demand for more material with enough ill grace to make you wonder if the mock-narcissism of her comedy persona is as mock as all that.

“F*** this,” she muttered with smiling disbelief as she returned, already changed into her post-show slippers, “It was a great show.” Well, yeah, it was pretty good. Silverman, I’m working hard to remind myself here, is a sharp-minded comedy original. She knocks everything she mentions, from claiming she follows the Kabbalah - “I just feel so much better... than you” - to wanting to adopt - “somebody brown: otherwise you don’t get credit.” Hey, she even knocked our chewy-voweled, merry-old-English accents. Everyone’s a target.

Gag by gag, she plies boorishness and salaciousness with the same coy charm: “I don’t care if you think I’m racist. It’s honestly more important to me that you think I’m thin.” This Jewish comic wonders why Jews and Palestinians should hate each other: “They’re both brown and pushy.” Her strummed songs are tuneful and adorably nasty. They are also, like a lot of her set, familiar from her concert film, Jesus is Magic.

Silverman is sort of herself, sort of a character. And after a while you want something genuine. You want to know what she really thinks, not what she thinks she can get away with. Without more of a moral backdrop, all this saying the unsayable can play as facetiousness sent to college.

She knows the limitations of her arrogant-ignorant persona. But she’s not used to having to explain herself. As she stalked the stage, appearing to resent her crowd for wanting more, it was the eggiest end to a comedy show I’ve ever seen. Edging back to the wings with a mock-grandiose bow, it was the usual petulance but without the usual inverted commas. She blew it.

Trouble on 'Sarah Silverman' set

Executive producers threaten to quit amid budget cuts

The economic downturn is jeopardizing "The Sarah Silverman Program," one of Comedy Central's signature series.

The show's executive producers -- Silverman, Dan Sterling and Rob Schrab -- have threatened to quit after the cable network told them the budget for their series would be slashed by more than 20%.

More than two months after "Sarah Silverman" ended its second season, the show has yet to be renewed for Season 3. (In 2007, the second-season pickup came 11 days after the series' premiere.)

At the center of the holdup is the proposed budget for Season 3. Citing cuts imposed on the network by parent company MTV Networks, Comedy Central had proposed that the trio bring back the WGA Award-nominated show at about $850,000 an episode, sources said, down from the $1.1 million an episode for the show's second season.

In broadcast, single-camera comedies are produced for about $1.5 million-$2 million an episode, and the budget for any series normally climbs from year to year.

"Sarah Silverman" is a single-camera comedy that also features animated sequences and musical numbers.

The contracting ad market during the recession is hitting networks hard. MTV Networks' parent Viacom in December laid off 7% of its work force, though Comedy Central largely was spared because it had been through the ringer following the 2003 acquisition of Time Warner's 50% ownership in the network and had little left to cut.

Amid the economic woes, ABC Studios and 20th TV asked all of their showrunners to cut 2% of their series budgets. The proposed budget cut on "Sarah Silverman" is more than 10 times that.

Concerned they won't be able to maintain the integrity of the show at the discounted price, Silverman, on behalf of the three executive producers, informed the network late last week that they can't proceed with a third season. The move reportedly sent shock waves through Comedy Central's executive offices, with top brass jumping into action to find a budget compromise that would keep the flagship live-action series on the air.

As of Friday night, the situation remained at a standstill. Both sides continued their back-and-forth during the weekend.

A resolution is expected as early as today, and people familiar with the situation were optimistic that the two sides would agree on financial terms to bring back the show.

I never got this show at all and never thought she was funny. It boggles my mind that this is still on the air, but I guess some people like it. I am amazed that a low rent cable show like hers actually has a budget that large. I'd love to see where all the money gets spent.

Sarah Silverman, Jimmy Kimmel Split Again

Saturday March 7, 2009

Late night host Jimmy Kimmel and comic Sarah Silverman have called it quits again, a source tells Usmagazine.com.

The couple, who have been dating on-and-off for the last few months, started dating six years ago.

“Sarah initiated the split this time,” the source tells Us. "He's bummed."

This breakup happened within the last two weeks.

"He's really blue -- very down," another source tells Us. "Seems like it's over for good this time. He's sad because he just bought a new place and now has nobody to share it with."

The couple, who first split in July, reunited last fall.

“We’re just being right now,” Silverman told Us in November.

The pair met during a roast for Hugh Hefner, where Silverman told the audience he was fat and joked he had no charisma -- but that didn't stop them from working together.

"He hired me to do voices on [Comedy Central's] Crank Yankers and around the second season of that we started hanging out," Silverman has said. "A while after that he kissed me."

Kimmel separated from his wife Gina in 2002 after 14 years of marriage. Silverman has said she wouldn't consider getting married until gay marriage is legalized.

Jimmy Kimmel 'Romancing Show Staffer'

Jimmy Kimmel has begun dating a longtime staffer from his ABC chatshow, according to People.

The Jimmy Kimmel Live star, who split from Sarah Silverman earlier this year, is reportedly romancing co-head writer Molly McNearney.

"After Jimmy and Sarah broke up, Molly and Jimmy both found themselves single, and they clicked. They're really happy together," said a source.

A representative for Kimmel also confirmed the romance.

McNearney, 31, joined the show as an assistant to the executive producer in July 2003. She was promoted to co-head writer last year.

Kimmel split from Silverman in March after a five-year romance.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Jay Leno Felt Sucker-Punched by Jimmy Kimmel

Sharing his feelings publicly for the first time about the behind-the-scenes machinations that eventually led to this month's NBC late-night debacle, Jay Leno admitted on Thursday that being asked six years ago to step aside so Conan O'Brien could take over the Tonight Show came as a crushing blow.

"It broke my heart, it really did," the TV host, 59, said in an interview airing on Thursday's The Oprah Winfrey Show. "I was devastated."

Leno said that NBC executives told him in 2004 that they didn't want to lose O'Brien and were going to ask him take over Leno's spot as host in 2009. "That was pretty shocking," Leno said. "I most certainly did," feel disrespected.

Saying that the Tonight gig was a job "every comic aspires to," Leno told Winfrey he didn't think the move made much sense, as the show was still No. 1 in late night.

Leno asked the brass to wait at least until he dropped in the ratings and then "that would be the reason" for the switch, but O'Brien's contract was due to expire and the powers-that-be didn't want him leaving the network.

To explain the shakeup, Leno said, "I told a little white lie on the air," saying he was going to retire. "It made it easier that way."

Had Plans to Jump

Leno did plan to leave the network, he said, even asking to be let out of his contract so he could take his show elsewhere, but NBC declined and, in fall 2008, came up with the idea for The Jay Leno Show, in prime time. "I said, okay, let's try it." Not only did he love the job, he said, but it would be a way to keep his 175 show staffers employed.

But the new show wasn't doing well, dropping 14 points in the ratings. "The show failed because it was basically doing a late-night talk show at 10 o'clock," said. "I was given enough time," he said, but, "I got fired this time because my show did not perform."

Under O'Brien, however, The Tonight Show was doing much worse, falling 49 percent since the former Late Night host took over, Leno said. It was the ratings, Leno said, not a selfish move on his part, which prompted NBC to ask Leno to come back to his show on late-night TV. At the same time, they wanted to move O'Brien's show to midnight, a move Conan rejected and which touched off a firestorm of bad press against Leno.

'Sucker-Punched' by Kimmel

In another candid admission, Leno said he was taken aback when Jimmy Kimmel took the opportunity to slam him during a Leno show appearance a few weeks ago. "I got sucker-punched," he said. Leno said he could have edited the interview, "but I said, ‘No. Put it out there. I walked into it.'" He said when you get hit, "You get right up again. You don't whine and complain."

As for David Letterman, another late-night host who jumped into the fray with shots at Jay, Leno said it was only fair to punch back, as he did with a joke about Letterman's blackmail scandal. Though Winfrey (who has had her own testy moments with Letterman) said she thought it was beneath him, Leno responded that "I did one joke. I had a cheap shot thrown at me and I threw one cheap shot back."

Leno also said he was surprised at all the attention the late-night war has generated and blasted NBC for the way in which they handled the negotiations, but doesn't blame himself for O'Brien losing his job. "It all comes down to numbers in show business," he said. "If the numbers had been there, this wouldn't have happened."

Rebuilding Image

Leno, who said the jabs he and O'Brien took at each other during the fallout was to be expected from two comedians, called O'Brien's finale a "great show." He said he doesn't feel any animosity, but, acknowledging that he has been portrayed as the bad guy, said when he returns to Tonight on March 1, "I'm going to work hard to rehabilitate that image."

He said, "a lot of damage control" must take place, but he plans to "do good shows and not be bitter." He also hopes O'Brien does well elsewhere. "I hope Conan gets a job somewhere else and we all compete together. And the best man wins."

Source People

Sarah Silverman 'Admits Spanking Fetish'

Sarah Silverman has admitted her new boyfriend spanks her.

The comic, who announced that she is dating Family Guy writer/producer Alec Sulkin, revealed on The Late Show with David Letterman that her mother knows about her fetish because she saw the hand-shaped bruises.

The 39-year-old said: "You know what's great about parents is that when you get famous you can do anything you want and they can't do anything about it."

Silverman said that while she and her mother were in the bathroom, her mother yelled in horror, "Sarah, what is that?"

The actress added: "I looked in the mirror behind me and noticed that on my tushie is a bruise the exact same shape of a hand. And I was able to just say, I'm sleeping with a man that spanks me."

The third season of The Sarah Silverman Program is currently airing on Comedy Central.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Silverman: 'Kimmel Loved My Big Thighs'

Sarah Silverman has revealed that Jimmy Kimmel loved her unconditionally when they were together.

The comedian and writer, who broke up with talkshow host Kimmel last year after five years together, said that the rumors about them having a bad relationship now are not true.

Silverman told Us Magazine: "Jimmy and I are friends. I said that this new guy was super skinny and people reported that I called Jimmy fat - Jimmy's perfect!

"I said that this new guy says sweet things and all of a sudden the news is that Jimmy never told me I was pretty!

"Give me a break! The gossip blogs are putting a strain on a real nice post-relationship relationship I have going with one Mr. Jimmy Kimmel, who loved me even when my thighs were at their biggest."

Silverman is now dating Family Guy writer and producer Alec Sulkin.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Silverman: 'I Still Love Jimmy Kimmel'

Sarah Silverman has revealed that she has a good relationship with her ex-boyfriend Jimmy Kimmel.

The couple split up last year but Silverman told Playboy that she is still fond of him.

"I think Jimmy and I had every intention of spending the rest of our lives with each other," she said. "I love love. It's my top priority. Jimmy will tell you. I'm a good girl."

She continued: "We were together for so long and tried our best to make it work. I can think of him now and don't have that edgy feeling anymore. I just love him to pieces.

"Sometimes loving each other isn't enough. You have to be responsible for your own happiness. You can't stay in a relationship because you're afraid of the unknown. But I will always love him. Sometimes I think maybe we'll die together in our old age or something."

Silverman added that her new partner Alec Sulkin isn't jealous about Kimmel, explaining: "He isn't ruled by ego; he's just himself."

She also revealed that she does not have any plans to get married in the future.

"It's just not for me," she said. "I'm a vegetarian, but I don't have a problem if you want a hamburger. Marriage, to me, is like eating meat. I think it's gross and f**king crazy. It's this super-barbaric, old-timey tradition that no-one remembers we don't have to do anymore."

However, Silverman concluded: "I really do believe in love. I've experienced it, I've had it, so I know it's real."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Journey star Steve Perry lashes out at Sarah Silverman over racist slur story

Former Journey star Steve Perry has taken aim at comedienne Sarah Silverman for suggesting he used a racist slur to describe her humor.

Silverman refused to name names in her interview with Playboy magazine, but hinted that the "onetime lead singer of a very popular band from the 1980s" was Perry, joking, "I'll just say this: After that, I stopped believin'," which the rocker took as a reference to the Journey hit "Don't Stop Believin'."

She claimed the mystery man approached her after a show and said, "You're my favorite comedian - you have the best (n-word) jokes."

But Perry wasn't laughing when he read the article, insisting he has never used the "n-word."

He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I'm really shocked. She was so friendly and so nice. I don't understand why she would go there, it's so bizarre. I don't use that word, are you kidding? That's so derogatory.

"I walked up to her after the show and I said, 'I can't believe that somehow you seem to be getting away with all these slurs and the n-word, I just can't believe how you're doing this,' and I looked at my friend and I said, 'I can't believe how she's getting away with this,' and she looked at me and kind of smiled. It wasn't like I was condemning her or condoning her."

But Perry has no plans to boycott the outrageous comedienne's shows: "You've gotta see her show because she uses every ethnic slur known to man that historically has been very unforgivable."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0ius9jugR

Sarah Silverman: I Was A Teenage Bedwetter

US comedienne Sarah Silverman has confessed that she wet the bed until she was 16 and even used to hide nappies from her friends during camping trips.

The funnygirl, 39, who came clean about her bedwetting past in her new, appropriately named memoir, The Bedwetter, opened up to Playboy about the problem that plagued her as an adolescent.

She said: 'I was so tortured about it growing up.

'It was something I thought would always be the biggest secret of my life. When you're a kid that's how hopeless everything seems.'

Silverman said that she didn't realise she had a problem until she was in her early teens and realised her friends didn't wet their beds.

She said: 'I remember going on a camping trip when I was 13 and hiding diapers in the bottom of my sleeping bag.

'Diapers! I slipped into them in my sleeping bag when everybody else was asleep.'

She said the problem finally stopped when she was 16 years old.

She said: 'I think I just had to grow out of it… I think wetting the bed was just part of my adolescence.”

She added: 'I went to hypnotherapy for a while, but it never worked.'

Source monstersandcritics.com