annabeast

Biggest Loser - Families

I'm hoping we don't see much of Helen. Surely the producers know she's not popular. If they think she'll appeal to the baby boomers, they seem to have forgotten that most of us are parents who would have insisted that our kids take advantage of the opportunity to stay on the ranch. Ron may have been manipulative, but his instincts to work toward keeping his son in the game were far more in line with what people admire. I don't find Helen appealing in any way, and I'm roughly her age.

Has anyone seen Michelle in any endorsements? I work out at 24 Hour Fitness, and Ali is still EVERYWHERE in that place. I haven't seen Michelle anywhere.

I haven't seen Michelle anywhere either, but they introduced her as a national spokesmodel at the finale. Of what, I have no idea.

I think (actually, I'm pretty sure) I would go bonkers if I had to stare at Ali Vincent's mug every time I worked out. Thank God 24 Hour Fitness seems to be a West Coast phenomenon.

Maybe they will banish Helen to the QVC circuit. I could see her appealing to that demographic. As a "domestic engineer" (her own words, not mine!) I'd be willing to bet that Helen IS that demographic.

I haven't seen Michelle anywhere either, but they introduced her as a national spokesmodel at the finale. Of what, I have no idea.

I think (actually, I'm pretty sure) I would go bonkers if I had to stare at Ali Vincent's mug every time I worked out. Thank God 24 Hour Fitness seems to be a West Coast phenomenon.

Maybe they will banish Helen to the QVC circuit. I could see her appealing to that demographic. As a "domestic engineer" (her own words, not mine!) I'd be willing to bet that Helen IS that demographic.

And if I were her, I'd play down the fact that Shanon's reaction to losing weight was to join the Roller Derby. :ph34r:

I work out at 24 hour fitness as well and all I have seen is Ali everywhere.

I agree that the producers don't need to promote Helen. ugh. Selfish cow is right.

I don't love the product placement (at all), but I won't lie - I love Jillian's 30 day shred. :)

I work out at 24 hour fitness as well and all I have seen is Ali everywhere.

I agree that the producers don't need to promote Helen. ugh. Selfish cow is right.

I don't love the product placement (at all), but I won't lie - I love Jillian's 30 day shred. :)

What is Jillian's 30-day shred? A DVD?

time to bump this again. I just love this show.

For the first time ever, I totally think the producers are monkeying around to keep Tracey. I missed the first hour... what was up with her not working out???

For the first time ever, I totally think the producers are monkeying around to keep Tracey. I missed the first hour... what was up with her not working out???

Apparently it was doctors orders and based on lab work of some sort. DH was channel surfing between this and the rebroadcast of the Pats/Ravens game. Quite honestly, I was more interested in the Pats.

I think I am officially over this show. Yes, it IS reality television but between the gimmick casting of Amanda as "America's Choice" on the last finale, the return of Daniel due his "fan favorite" status, and viewing Jillian's mug on a CVS endcap shilling her own brand of diet pills (among other things, though that is what really sent me over the bend) it's jumped the shark completely in my mind.

I'll gab with you Anna!! I love this show too. Tracey has really high chemical imbalance. I was reading on another blog, that this is really dangerous. They are trying to keep her kidneys functioning. Exercise increases this imbalance.

I think Tracey is getting a bad edit. Although she did pick last week, none of her picks were terrible. Liz was mad at her because she was the smallest on her team, and then Shay was mad at her even thoguh she is the biggest on hers. Then she picked Amanda over Rebecca, even though they asked her not to. But Rebecca had two good weeks in a row, it was Amanda's turn for a good one. And neither one of them would guarantee Tracey safety. So Tracey should do what they want but not vice versa??

Shay can't get off the show fast enough for me. Anyone, male or female not pulling double digits and weighing as much as she does, has no right to pull the pity card as much as she does. She's terrible I don't care what her story is.

From the very little I've seen of Shay thus far, it does seem like she was cast to be this season's Joelle.....talk, talk, talk.

Remember how I mentioned a ways back that some family members were close to being cast on this show but later were cut? Well, just found out... they are on the ranch now. Best kept secret in the family, the west coast contingency was completely in the dark until now. I'm really excited for them.

Remember how I mentioned a ways back that some family members were close to being cast on this show but later were cut? Well, just found out... they are on the ranch now. Best kept secret in the family, the west coast contingency was completely in the dark until now. I'm really excited for them.

Cool!

I like this show as well, find it motivating. I also like that Bob and Jillian are working together this year.

Now ....... I do wonder a few things about it ....... like no one loses .5 pounds, and also if they are weighed before they go in in order to determine the team/individual order of being weighed for Allison.

just my 2 cents ......

I like this show as well, find it motivating. I also like that Bob and Jillian are working together this year.

Now ....... I do wonder a few things about it ....... like no one loses .5 pounds, and also if they are weighed before they go in in order to determine the team/individual order of being weighed for Allison.

just my 2 cents ......

I definitely think they are weighed in prior to what is filmed. The order is far too convenient to the drama of the situation to be random.

But I still love this show. My favorite part is the end when they re-visit the person who was cut during that particular episode. I was so happy to see that Julio has already lost 105 punds.

I do have to say, however, that I worry about my husband's relatives. They are super nice people, but you never know how the edits go. I can't imagine they'd be scandalous, but I do know of a situation at home that does provide potential for drama. So I'll let you know when the show premiers so you guys can cheer them on.

I was watching something on DVR while cooking and the show ended, hubby just flipped to regular tv without seeing what was on - was Biggest Loser and someone was crying and I'm now forbidden from watching tv shows where people cry all the time :woohoo: (I don't normally watch it but it was a weigh-in and I wanted to see what the average weight they were losing was....)

But I still love this show. My favorite part is the end when they re-visit the person who was cut during that particular episode. I was so happy to see that Julio has already lost 105 punds.

I like this part too, love to see how far they make it on their own ....

Bad edits or not... I was glad to see Tracey go home. But I gotta say, she was looking very pretty even before we saw the "how they look now" piece. And I was really touched by her family's interviews. But even if she has a bad edit, you can't photoshop that crazy look in her eyes. What up with Shay and her vote to send Liz home????

I'm not really leaning hard toward anyone at this point, but I like Rebecca and her attitude and honesty... and DANG is she getting prettier too.

Add me to the group of people who were glad to see Tracey go. I do feel bad for her, because I think it'll be difficult to continue to work out at home with 4 small kids. But, she was so annoying....

I wouldn't mind seeing both Shay and Dan go. Oh, and Amanda, too. She can go home, too.

Shay is either VERY secure in her alliances and could thus afford to send Liz a message or she just cut off her nose to spite her face by breaking ranks. I suppose we'll know soon enough in another week or so.

I'd really like to see Danny go far. He's not only flying well under the radar, but he's the only contestant who (so far) doesn't scream of typecasting of a personality from seasons past....i.e. Liz being this season's Helen, Amanda being this season's Coleen, Rebecca being this season's Amy C......

Actually, now that I re-read that, Danny is kind of Roger like but I can't hate on anyone who shares the same name as my beloved dog. :D

I can see why Rebecca wouldn't vote for Amanda but I don't understand why the old folks kept Amanda instead of Shay. It seems like Amanda is the bigger threat to lose more weight and she had fewer reasons to be on the ranch (i.e. no kids at home, at a much healthier weight than Shay, etc).

Annabeast, I'm not sure they showed us what they looked like. We got to see their home comings. Shay said she is hoping to lose the most weight ever on biggest loser (213 pounds total) and they sent Daniel to visit the friend who was on the show last year (David?), who it turns out, isn't trying to lose weight. The blurb said Daniel has a girlfriend.

I really hope that the producers don't try to bring back an old contestant (i.e. Shay) again the next year. I do, however, like it when the former folks make occassional appearances, and it would be interesting to have a "former contestant visit" weekly during the new season.

Everyone lost *so* much weight this week, it makes me wonder if they all used a diuretic (like caffeine) or just didn't hydrate as much as they would have normally in order to avoid the red line. The only one who didn't need to do that was Rudy, which makes me think he'll be set up for a big weight loss next week.

Anna - from what I understand she was on the Leno Show immediately after TBL - and she is still losing weight. She is about 350 lb now.

I have to say - I'm really glad she is gone. I couldn't put up with "woe is me" crap any longer. I never understood why she thought she deserved a break because she weighed the most. Usually these are people that have dropped the biggest numbers and she never did. But always made everyone else feel guilty for not keeping her there.

Holy cow. I just saw a video of Rebecca on the Today show. She is unrecognizable. I hope she doesn't try to lose too much more weight before the finale ecause she looks perfect right now. No skeletor like Helen again, I hope.

Unfortunately, I think Jerry's almost sickly appearance at last season's finale set an unrealistic bar for future at home contestants.

I figured the holidays would provide an opportunity to find out what was going on with my family biggest loser team, and I was right. (After all, "who was home for Thanksgiving?" was a legitimate question). The Dad half of the team came home four days before Thanksgiving, and the daughter is still there. I'm stoked because that means they both made it a very long way! The figure of 75 pounds was mentioned for him, which by Biggest Loser standards, ain't much, but is a great start. And yes, they are definitely set up with trainers and a support team when they get home.

I also heard the story about the audition. Apparently, the daughter and a friend of hers decided they'd try out as a team, and asked the Dad to drive them there. The casting directors took one look at the Dad, and signed him up with the daughter.

Sorry for not revealing names yet, as I'm not sure how much of the veil of secrecy still applies and I don't want them to get in trouble.