Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Iron Man 2*

Mickey Rourke sizes up 'Iron Man 2'

Actor may play Russian villain in Marvel sequel

By MICHAEL FLEMING, MARC GRASER

In what would mark his first studio film since resurrecting his career with "The Wrestler," Mickey Rourke is in talks to play the main heavy in "Iron Man 2," the Marvel Entertainment sequel that director Jon Favreau begins shooting this spring.

Sam Rockwell also has begun talks to play a villain in the pic, to be distribbed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2010.

Which role Rockwell will play has yet to be disclosed by Marvel, but Rourke is in discussions to play the Crimson Dynamo, a heavily tattooed Russian arms dealer. He's considered to be an evil version of Iron Man because he battles the superhero in a nuclear-powered suit of armor.

Script is still being written by Justin Theroux, and Marvel has been trying to keep a wrap on details leaking out to fanboys.

Rourke goes into the Golden Globes weekend vying for best actor in a role that revived his career. Robert Downey Jr. soared to become one of the most bankable stars in Hollywood when "Iron Man" grossed more than $600 million worldwide.

Rockwell most recently appeared in "Frost/Nixon" and "Choke."

Rourke is repped by ICM.

Posted Image

Scarlett Johansson Sexes Up New Iron Man 2 Poster

Today 7:45 AM PDT by EOL Staff

Eonline.com

Ahh. Just a little reminder why we so can't wait for May 7.

Don't get us wrong. We're definitely excited to see Robert Downey Jr. throw that marvelous metallic suit back on and kick some serious Whiplash butt.

But this new teaser poster for Iron Man 2 showing a red-maned Scarlett Johansson in her formfitting Black Widow bodysuit is enough to get us to stand in line right now!

Meh, I'm not sure what to think of ScarJo in this. The trailers don't give me a lit of hope.

In relate news, I saw the RDJ poster of IM2, my brain melted because how hot it was.

EOnline.com

Paramount Pictures; Charley Gallay/Getty Images

It's just about impossible to steal a scene from Robert Downey Jr. But this just might do the trick.

Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau tells the Los Angeles Times that a cameo from Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein, filmed just two months before his death, will remain in the summer blockbuster in what's being called a pivotal scene for the superhero sequel.

Not only that, Favreau said the film itself will be dedicated to the late spinner, with both his name and signature lightning-bolt trademark appearing in the end credits.

"We tried to make it respectful, and for people who know him, they'll get a kick out of it, and for people who don't, it will sort of slide by without much notice," Favreau said.

I saw the film today and was entertained. I have to admit this is one role I enjoy watching Paltrow in. Johannsen was good in that it was a good set up for Avengers. Rourke is perfect as a villain. I would not want to get any where near that man. I love Jon Favreau's humor so maybe that's why I like his action films.

Didn't like this flick. <_<

Waaaay too much dialogue and Gwenyecch Putrid. Not enough Mickey Rourke (even though his accent was mumbly). Don Cheadle fit in well, surprisingly since I thought Terrence Howard was good in the first one and had so much charisma.

Even though I'm a big fan of Robert Downey Jr. and the first one...I thought this was too much of him(I blame the story). Jon Favreau(wtf?) also had a part, Scarlett looked incredibly hot...even though she was a block of wood through most of the movie.

I thought they dealt with the bad guy way to easily and quickly. That's all I'll say for now. ^_^

You have to do what I do, Bobby ~ Go in with very low expectations and then you leave thinking 'well, that wasn't so bad'.

;)

You have to do what I do, Bobby ~ Go in with very low expectations and then you leave thinking 'well, that wasn't so bad'.

;)

Good point...but it was hard to do when the first one was pretty good. Did you stay through the credits for the final scene?

While it might not be saying much, I thought this was Scarlett's best role yet. You almost couldn't figure out she was acting. Story was kind of blah. Iron man is a super hero and this seemed more like a military pic to me (I've never read Iron Man comics at all so this may be Ok). Didn't mind Paltrow, but the story was lacking. More action sequences and less story, but this is what brings in the dolla's. I would not go see it twice and I did go see Iron Man twice.

I did stay for the final scene. For some reason, I have a feeling the upcoming Thor movie is going to be stupid. I thought that final scene was really kind of dumb.

Edited by alpierce