Sign in to follow this  
sanlee

Robert Pattinson

Robert Pattinson fears Hugh Grant comparisons

"Twilight" star Robert Pattinson is refusing to sign up for any romantic comedy movies - because he fears he'll be hailed as the next Hugh Grant.

The British hunk, who shot to international fame in the vampire franchise, has been offered a number of romantic comedy roles, but has been unimpressed with every script he's received so far.

And he's worried that if he heads down the rom-com route, he will draw comparisons to fellow Brit heartthrob Grant.

Speaking on Britain's GMTV, Pattinson says, "I'd love to (star in a romantic comedy) but they're always just so rubbish. I mean it's like... I'd absolutely love to do it but I've literally never read a good rom-com script... I think it's such a typical career choice for me as well to be honest - if you do a big franchise thing, especially for English guys, you know, (it's natural to) try and do a Hugh Grant part or something, which I don't think would be the best idea for me, mainly because it's quite hard to be Hugh Grant."

Source: http://www.sfgate.com

Robert Pattinson: 'Fame is a burden'

Robert Pattinson's meteoric rise to fame has made him question fans' motives - admitting he finds it "repulsive" when they force themselves on him.

The "Twilight" actor shot to stardom playing hunky vampire Edward Cullen in the bloodsucking franchise, and has spoken out about how the intense interest in his life makes him uncomfortable.

And the star insists he feels the urge to "scream" when well-wishers introduce themselves.

He tells Britain's The Sun, "Being well known is a real burden. If people push themselves on me I find it grueling and repulsive.

"If I even think someone wants to approach me I feel the need to scream, 'What do you want of me'. Then later I think, 'What if this person only wanted to be nice?'"

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0kHZiwsnz

This guy is growing on me in a very weird strange kind of way. :unsure:

(help me)

yeah you know i really dont get the hots for many (any?) celebs but for some reason, this guy is hot. i think because on top of looking good he's a likeable chap. Ironically when I first heard of him I thought he gave off a too cool for my own good vibe. But turns out he just looks cool. and hot.