Sign in to follow this  
sanlee

Michael C. Hall has cancer scare

Hall 'Wanted To Keep Cancer Secret'

Michael C. Hall has confirmed that he is on the road to recovery.

The Dexter star revealed earlier this year that he had been diagnosed with a non-lethal form of Hodgkin's lymphoma and that the disease is in remission.

Hall told Parade: "For me, personal health is very much a personal matter. I had every intention of keeping the fact that I had cancer quiet, but because the award shows were imminent, I figured I'd better make a statement.

"Lucky for me, I'm able to assure everyone that I'm really on the road to recovery. I've had a lot of people reach out to me who I wouldn't have heard from otherwise, like former high school teachers and friends from college."

He added: "I've actually spent a lot of time responding to a lot of really concerned but ultimately congratulatory emails."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

I like that he is private. He has a good shot at complete recovery from what I know of his specific diagnosis. He was on an interview after the last epi of dexter and looked rough with shorn hair. Now i know know. Glad he's well.

Hall prepares for last of chemo sessions

"Dexter" star Michael C. Hall will finish his long and grueling cancer treatment with a chemotherapy session next week.

Hall has been battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma in secret, only revealing his illness to the world shortly before he collected his first ever Golden Globe award in January.

His appearance at the ceremony, wearing a hat to hide the hair loss he has suffered as a result of painful chemo sessions, provoked an outpouring of support from fans of "Dexter."

And Hall insists he's winning his fight with cancer, and is close to the end of his battle, telling Us Weekly, "I'm great on the health front. I've had my second to last treatment and there's one more to go on March 17."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0hpcC0RpM

Posted Image

CITY WALK

Dexter star Michael C. Hall joins actress Lucy Liu for a stroll through New York on Monday as they film scenes for their upcoming comedy, East Fifth Bliss.

He's looking gooood. That makes me so happy :)

Me too! While I adore Dexter, this guy has some serious talent that I can't wait to see develop further.

Loved him since SFU, David Fisher is my favorite character on that show.

I saw him in that series too and liked how he portrayed his character, but wasn't as crazy about that show as I am about Dexter. The entire series will get a spot on my shelves once it wraps up :)

Wife: 'Dexter' star 'fully recovered' from cancer

NEW YORK – The wife of Michael C. Hall says the "Dexter" star is "fully recovered" from cancer and has returned to work.

Jennifer Carpenter said Friday that Hall was "incredibly brave" when he announced in January that he was undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer that attacks the lymph nodes.

The 38-year-old Hall went into remission and continued treatment at a health facility near Los Angeles.

Hall won a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Golden Globe Award earlier this year for his portrayal of Dexter, a serial killer who targets other murderers. Carpenter stars on the bloody Showtime hit series as Dexter's seemingly unknowing sister.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100423/ap_en_..._michael_c_hall

Wife: 'Dexter' star 'fully recovered' from cancer

NEW YORK – The wife of Michael C. Hall says the "Dexter" star is "fully recovered" from cancer and has returned to work.

Jennifer Carpenter said Friday that Hall was "incredibly brave" when he announced in January that he was undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer that attacks the lymph nodes.

The 38-year-old Hall went into remission and continued treatment at a health facility near Los Angeles.

Hall won a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Golden Globe Award earlier this year for his portrayal of Dexter, a serial killer who targets other murderers. Carpenter stars on the bloody Showtime hit series as Dexter's seemingly unknowing sister.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100423/ap_en_..._michael_c_hall

i hate these blurbs. this kind of cancer needs to be watched for years- decades even. Also its into cancer that "attacks" the lymph nodes. It is a cancer of the lymph nodes. Its a little unclear what stage he has but even advanced stage HL can do well.

"Dexter" star Michael C. Hall will finish his long and grueling cancer treatment with a chemotherapy session next week.

Hall has been battling Hodgkin's Lymphoma in secret, only revealing his illness to the world shortly before he collected his first ever Golden Globe award in January.

His appearance at the ceremony, wearing a hat to hide the hair loss he has suffered as a result of painful chemo sessions, provoked an outpouring of support from fans of "Dexter."

And Hall insists he's winning his fight with cancer, and is close to the end of his battle, telling Us Weekly, "I'm great on the health front. I've had my second to last treatment and there's one more to go on March 17."

this chemo is not typically "painful." I really hate these blurbs.

Thanks for that m-lurker. I wondered about it...

Thanks for that m-lurker. I wondered about it...

not saying its fun, by any stretch. But its not painful.

Im just whinging about media reporting. Man get your facts straight. Its your job. Ok, i mean its just celeb reporting, but the slovenliness, it's everywhere.