Maxiemom

Lindsay Lohan still broke and a mess

Lindsay Lohan's Plan to Turn Jail Stint Into Cash Cow

Lindsay Lohan Reportedly Locked Up Seven Figure Post-Jail Tell-All Deal

By SHEILA MARIKAR and LUCHINA FISHER

July 23, 2010

Lindsay Lohan may not be doing much in jail, but she's got a plan to bank a boatload of dough once she's set free.

24-year-old actress spent her first night behind bars for a parole violation.

More PhotosAccording to Fox 411, before beginning her jail stint, Lohan managed to lock down post-sentence tell all interviews that will earn her seven figures. Expect a major TV sitdown once Lohan's false eyelashes and hair extensions are back in place.

Lohan's gotten a lot of visitors in her first few days at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif. On Thursday, ex-girlfriend Samantha Ronson stopped by. The day before, Lohan's mother, Dina Lohan, and younger sister Ali paid her a visit. The pair were videotaped entering the detention center that afternoon.

Jail life's not easy for Lohan. According to TMZ.com, the starlet's struggling to find drinkable water, and according to People magazine, she's stuffed in a cell block with convicted murderers and felons. She's not allowed to smoke; her makeup's not welcome.

Lohan's lawyer maintains the actress is "doing the best she can."

Shawn Chapman Holley, who saw the startlet Tuesday, told People magazine that Lohan's "spirits aren't high" and she is "having a difficult time adjusting."

"She's trying to make the necessary adjustments to an extremely stressful and difficult situation," Holley said. "There were some tears. ... She's doing the best she can."

Former inmate Tiffany Hawes, who was being released as Lohan was entering the facility, told Britain's Daily Mail: "Lindsay was crying when she came in. She was handcuffed but seemed calm. We all started saying, 'God bless you Lindsay,' and saying 'Hi' to her and then she smiled at us."

Lindsay Lohan's Jail Stint: 'Business as Usual'

Though she was sentenced to 90 days of jail and 90 days of in-patient rehab for violating her 2007 probation, Lohan's stint in the slammer could be as short as 13 days.

While she's behind bars, though, she will have to pay for the comforts of home. Lohan will have to buy her own deodorant ($2.50), tampons ($2.70) and razorless hair remover ($3.75), according to the detention center's product list obtained by TMZ.

Snacks will also cost her: $1.33 for a bag of pork cracklins hot, $0.85 for pepperoni beef stick and $0.92 for Ramen spicy shrimp.

Meanwhile, Lohan will be allowed to take prescription medications in jail, including the attention deficit disorder drug Adderall, according to TMZ. A probation report released earlier this month revealed that Lohan had a valid prescription for Adderall.

While the law may allow her to pop pills, her estranged father isn't pleased.

"She's got to get off prescription drugs," Michael Lohan said on CNN's "Larry King Live" Tuesday night. "I don't think jail is going to change her; I think she needs to change herself."

On Tuesday, L.A. County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told the Los Angeles Times that because of good behavior, Lohan only needs to serve 51 days in jail. Whitmore noted that female, nonviolent prisoners do about 25 percent of their sentence because L.A. jails suffer from overcrowding, which brings Lohan's total time down to 13 or 14 days.

At a news conference outside the Lynwood facility Tuesday, Whitmore said Lohan "has been extremely cooperative" so far.

"As with any inmate, Lohan was treated just like any other," he added, noting that most inmates don't draw throngs of paparazzi. "Inside it's business as usual."

EOnline.com

Special treatment, indeed.

With officials having already bent the usual visitation rules for Lindsay Lohan, allowing friends and family to see her in jail on weekdays for "the safety of everyone," it now turns out that her loved ones can't participate in regular visiting hours this weekend.

Which might be good news for Lindsay, considering dad Michael Lohan had said he wanted to make the pilgrimage despite not being on the approved-visitors list.

"Inmates are allowed two 30 minute visits a week, from family and friends. Those don't include professional visits by attorneys. Ms. Lohan already has had her two 30-minute visits for the week," L.A. County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore tells E! News.

Mom Dina and sister Ali came to see her together on Wednesdsay, while Samantha Ronson dropped by yesterday. All stayed for about an hour, but presumably it takes awhile to get checked in and cleared through security, etc.

Lawyers can still come and see Lohan, as they can any other day of the week, but don't they deserve some time off as well?

And despite a new report stating that two days have been shaved from her already shortened sentence, Whitmore says he's unaware of any new release date.

I'm actually shocked that Lohan got more actual jail time then Hilton. I don't care that the circumstances may have been different, these are famous people. It just surprises me that Hilton may be more connected than someone who actually was in a hit movie or two.

I'm actually shocked that Lohan got more actual jail time then Hilton. I don't care that the circumstances may have been different, these are famous people. It just surprises me that Hilton may be more connected than someone who actually was in a hit movie or two.

The Sheriff who released Paris Hilton after only 3-days (claiming budget cuts and overcrowding) was really under a lot of public scrutiny and disdain after that action. I don't know if Paris is connected (her father's money... now THAT I'd believe had some pull), but Lindsay has been so bottom-of-the-barrel for years now, that any films under her belt are just a memory and have no influence regarding anything even close to special consideration.

For what it's worth, I think Lindsay's sentence for basically ignoring a Judge's orders, is appropriate.

I agree about the jail time, I have no problem with the sentence. I was just surprised at how far Lohan has sank to not rate the extra special treatment that crybaby Paris got in getting out in two hours.

I don't think I've seen anyone disagree with the sentence! I would like to see her serve the 23 days though, so less than 2 weeks is very disappointing.

Every time I see this thread bumped, I'm afraid that I will see news that she's been sprung already.

Me too! I doubt that 23 days is long enough for her to (really) dry out, but let's hope that serving jail time will help her to actually try to do the right things when she gets out. Too bad she can't find a mentor to really help her!

I agree about the jail time, I have no problem with the sentence. I was just surprised at how far Lohan has sank to not rate the extra special treatment that crybaby Paris got in getting out in two hours.

You're so right about that - she's had a nasty decline and I don't think it's over. When she was more "relevant," so to speak, she had a promising acting career; she's was compelling to watch on the screen and had some talent. Now, she's compelling in a train wreck sort of way. Really sad, but jail could do her some good.

Eonline.com

Who needs a legal team when you've got a tanning salon behind you?

Not sure if it's the support Lindsay Lohan is looking for, but New York's Beach Bum tanning salon held a "Free Lindsay" rally earlier today outside their Seventh Avenue outpost. A gaggle of professional bronzers (mostly young women dressed in belly-baring shirts and Daisy Dukes) held homemade signs reading "Liberate Lohan" and "We Miss You."

Posted Image

:vomit2:

Eonline.com

Who needs a legal team when you've got a tanning salon behind you?

Not sure if it's the support Lindsay Lohan is looking for, but New York's Beach Bum tanning salon held a "Free Lindsay" rally earlier today outside their Seventh Avenue outpost. A gaggle of professional bronzers (mostly young women dressed in belly-baring shirts and Daisy Dukes) held homemade signs reading "Liberate Lohan" and "We Miss You."

Posted Image

:vomit2:

It's great free advertising for Beach Bum! If I had that kind of business I might do it to. They got on the news and internet.

So Lindsay wants to "spend time with her family" before she goes to rehab??? BUT: "There's a push now for her to go directly to rehab from jail," Holley told the mag. HAHA! What she wants time for is the friggin' INTERVIEW that she's going to make big money on. come on, Judge Revel, make her go STRAIGHT to rehab and kill that deal. And when do we start the boycott of the entity that pays for that crap?

Source: Lindsay Lohan Ordered to Rehab Straight From Jail

By Ken Lee

Friday July 30, 2010 02:55 PM EDT

people.com

The judge overseeing Lindsay Lohan's probation case is taking no chances.

Lohan, 24, has been ordered by Judge Marsha Revel this week to report directly to a rehab facility after being released from jail, which is expected to occur as early as Sunday, a source close to the case tells PEOPLE.

"Lindsay's going to rehab directly from jail, she's been ordered to report there immediately," says the source.

The facility reportedly approved by the judge for Lohan's treatment is Morningside Recovery in Newport Beach, Calif. A rep for the recovery center could not confirm or deny whether Lohan is slated to be admitted there.

Lohan must complete a three-month stay at the facility and won't be allowed to come and go as she pleases.

At an earlier hearing, Judge Revel had ordered the actress to report to rehab within 48 hours of her release from jail, then changed the order to 24 hours, and now wants Lohan to report there directly.

"In all likelihood, the judge is first and foremost concerned about the possibly of a relapse," says Los Angeles-based criminal defense attorney Steve Sitkoff, who's handled more than 100 similar cases, but isn't involved in Lohan's case. "The temptations for a newly released inmate are far too great. And given Lindsay's track record, it seems the judge wants to remind her who's in charge."

Lohan has been serving a 90-day sentence in a solitary cell at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif. since July 20 for violating probation in her DUI case.

She's expected to be released from jail early due to overcrowding and for good behavior.

That is unusual, they usually give you 2 or 3 days inbetween....

Source: Lindsay Lohan Ordered to Rehab Straight From Jail

By Ken Lee

Friday July 30, 2010 02:55 PM EDT

people.com

The judge overseeing Lindsay Lohan's probation case is taking no chances.

Lohan, 24, has been ordered by Judge Marsha Revel this week to report directly to a rehab facility after being released from jail, which is expected to occur as early as Sunday, a source close to the case tells PEOPLE.

"Lindsay's going to rehab directly from jail, she's been ordered to report there immediately," says the source.

The facility reportedly approved by the judge for Lohan's treatment is Morningside Recovery in Newport Beach, Calif. A rep for the recovery center could not confirm or deny whether Lohan is slated to be admitted there.

Lohan must complete a three-month stay at the facility and won't be allowed to come and go as she pleases.

At an earlier hearing, Judge Revel had ordered the actress to report to rehab within 48 hours of her release from jail, then changed the order to 24 hours, and now wants Lohan to report there directly.

"In all likelihood, the judge is first and foremost concerned about the possibly of a relapse," says Los Angeles-based criminal defense attorney Steve Sitkoff, who's handled more than 100 similar cases, but isn't involved in Lohan's case. "The temptations for a newly released inmate are far too great. And given Lindsay's track record, it seems the judge wants to remind her who's in charge."

Lohan has been serving a 90-day sentence in a solitary cell at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif. since July 20 for violating probation in her DUI case.

She's expected to be released from jail early due to overcrowding and for good behavior.

That is unusual, they usually give you 2 or 3 days inbetween....

Is Morningside Recovery a bona fide rehab or just a front for a celebrity "rehab" party haven? Anyone know?

Lindsay Lohan Headed to UCLA

8/1/2010 10:30 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned Judge Marsha Revel had a change of heart after TMZ's story about Lindsay's rehab -- and now she is headed for treatment at UCLA Medical Center ... exactly what her doctors wanted in the first place.

TMZ broke the story Judge Revel had selected Morningside Recovery -- despite the fact that the two court appointed psychiatrists along with other medical professionals were not recommending that facility. The shrinks put UCLA in their top four, but it was the facility favored by everyone because the treatment program was perfectly suited for Lindsay's psychiatric and drug problems.

We're told Lindsay will not be in the psych ward -- rather this is an intense specialized program to deal with psychological, as well as addiction problems.

Lindsay Lohan -- Rehab Is No Free Ride

8/2/2010 12:21 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Finally, some good news for California taxpayers -- they don't have to pay for Lindsay Lohan's 90-day rehab stint at UCLA, even though it's court ordered.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ it is standard practice for the offender to foot the rehab bill -- which in Lindsay's case could be pretty pricey.

We're told since UCLA Medical Center offers a more comprehensive program, it's more expensive than your average rehab facility.

The cost isn't necessarily all out-of-pocket for LiLo -- it's possible her health insurance could pick up a portion of the tab.

And what are the odds that LiLo has health insurance? Probably not good given that she's the poster child for high risk behavior and has got no source of income.

UCLA may as well write that account off now.

If Lindsay gets any real mental health help at UCLA and is compliant with her treatment, AND combines that with the personal-accountability bent 12 Steps, the LAST thing she's going to want to release is her psychotic ramblings that surely blame everyone else in the world for her mess. that being said, I'm sure she'll make money on this, but I'm with Maxie: she won't use it to pay her UCLA bill.

And what are the odds that LiLo has health insurance? Probably not good given that she's the poster child for high risk behavior and has got no source of income.

UCLA may as well write that account off now.

I'm assuming actors get insurance thru their union, right? SAG? But, two things: 1) She probably has to work so many days per quarter to qualify (doubt she has) and 2) Someone has to pay the premium. I doubt LL manages to pay any bills on her own and she probably can't afford to hire a business manager to pay them for her.

Maybe she'll qualify for CA public aid. :blink:

Actually, she'll probably pay it from the interviews she's going to get.

Actually, she'll probably pay it from the interviews she's going to get.

If she gets paid for interviews, I can't see her spending that money on something boring like a hospital bill. Unless maybe they are successful at treating her.