Kath

British Royals

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

There were rumors they wanted a photo where Kate could be photoshopped out 😶

I love the internet. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

The Tindalls love ABBA! (these are the TIndall girls, right? Not Philips?)

Savannah is Peter’s, Mia is Zara’s, so they’re cousins I guess. 

I don’t have a strong opinion at all beyond thinking Mike Tindall is a rugby player through and through, which is probably a bit of an asset to the Royals in terms of making them seem more down to Earth. 

• Like 1

Ok, so it is one of each and they were sitting in between Zara and Phillip I guess. I always get them confused. And I didn't read the caption at all. 😁But I still get Bea and Eugenie confused too. I know which woman is married to which man, but I have total inability to recall which is which.

Anywho - new baby Lili official photo released!!!

https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-prince-harry-lilibet-birthday-photo/?amp=true

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Haha 1

No one knows. Until we do 😉 It'll come out at Christmas (Queen and all the great-grands is my guess) Or her funeral 😞

So after reading online and listening to a few of the videos it sounds like about half the crowd booed H&M.  I think that is a first for Harry??  Can't imagine how he must be feeling about that.

I thought most dispute the "boo" - I didn't hear it for H&M. On entrance to church, it was for Boris Johnson who went in just prior. On exit, only a couple people in the crowds trying to get it going and the rest confused by that. I honestly don't think the majority of the crowd would boo them. But they are being fed a pretty constant stream of crap from the tabloids. Much as I recognize the clear bias on the celebitchy site, I agree about the untamed vitriol that keeps coming out about team sussex. 

Entertainment Lawyer 6/14/22

It looks like the alliterate one and her husband are headed for interview two with the one named talk show host. 

Unconfirmed rumor that Pippa Middleton named her 3rd child (a daughter) Rose. You know, the name of her BIL's mistress 😉

One of my uncle's named his 2nd daughter the same as a cat he had with his first wife. Some of us in the family could NOT stop laughing. (me especially as I had a relationship with that cat - my cat got her pregnant - intentionally per her owners - but they did it on MY bed. I was 11 maybe? Then I happened to be visiting my uncle & aunt when she had the kittens, which was amazing to see)

Anyway, Pippa has a 3 yr old boy, 1 yr old girl, and a newborn girl. Yikes, that's fast. But I guess if you get married a little later and want a big family, that's the only option.

• Haha 1

😆 I am sure your cat received enthusiastic consent! 

The rumour that the baby is named Rose is somehow both entertaining and still the most boring part of this article

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/why-everyone-is-calling-prince-william-the-prince-of-pegging

Who knew Prince Harry submitted blind items to Deux Moi? 

Edited by Wordsworth
  • Haha 3

Queen Elizabeth II has died, Buckingham Palace announces

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61585886

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: "The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

"The King and the Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow."

All the Queen's children travelled to Balmoral, near Aberdeen, after doctors placed the Queen under medical supervision.

Her grandson, Prince William, is also there, with his brother, Prince Harry, on his way.

• Sad 1

I’m quite shocked by how emotional this has left me feeling. I’m not British and have no reason to feel this way, but I do. 

On a practical side, I find it hard to believe that the same amount of loyalty will be felt by and for Charles (III). Curious to see where the Commonwealth and the monarchy stand in a decade. I think there’s been a lot of “as long as Elizabeth is alive” sentiment. 

• Like 2

Also, I’m very curious about the funeral. Obv. I’ve never been through this before but has anyone read about a designated survivor type situation? Like, who doesn’t participate in the funeral and is kept away in case of something bad happens there? Is it like a William, or a rugby players kid?

I feel sadder about it than I thought I would, although PMS might be playing a part! She had a long life and was still working as of two days ago, when she appointed our latest PM. She did look frailer than ever in those pics though. 

I’m actually in Canada on hols, so not seeing all of the U.K. chatter…King Charles III sounds like a spaniel though. 

• Like 1

Agree I'm sad, but I've been a "fan" for years. Sounds like a weird way to say it but I'm not sure how else to describe - I'm not a royalist or monarchist but love the history and jewels, so....

Also can't believe he went with Charles III - in addition to the whole dog thing, the first 2 Charles didn't really do well. The whole dog breed aside.....

• Haha 2

I feel like if she had died a long time ago, he probably would not have gone with Charles. But when you’re pushing 80, I think it’s just time to accept that’s who you are. 

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Thanks 1

I’d heard he would have gone with George if he’d been younger, but the idea you can pick a different name for your royal one is bonkers to me anyway. The royal family only use about 4 first names in total, they just rotate them.

As such I can only get behind this idea of changing name if William decides to be something like King LouLouBelle I when the time comes.

(Assuming we haven’t ditched the lot by then - there’s still a lot of hard core royalists around in the UK at least.)

• Haha 2

Yes, surprised how bummed I am too at her death.  Crazy to think about all the things she took part in during her lifetime.

Lots of the press are making a big deal about Meghan not going to Scotland, ugh.  Will be interesting to see if this death brings them all closer, or just divides them more.  Must suck to have your grandmother die and the entire world watching.

Every time I see King Charles III I'm going to think "dog name" :D

• Haha 1

Today, I learned that King Charles III's favorite dog breed is a Jack Russell terrier and I couldn't be more surprised. I'd think that breed would just dig up his lovely gardens.....I also learned that the Queen had a cocker spaniel at her death. I knew about the 2 dogs Andrew gave her after Philip died, but she had another 2, and one was a cocker. Interesting. She really did love the animals more than her children....

Few random BI's coming from EL, so ...

Blind Item #11

With the death of the monarch, I hope it brings forth the pictures that exist of her smoking cigarettes. The quietest of habits that she enjoyed after every meal.

Blind Item #7

Speaking of the alliterate one, her husband could have made it in time, but the hours long fight between the pair kept him from being there. I wonder if this will cause him to rethink that biography.

Blind Item #9

Talk about selling secrets, this royal will be doing that shortly once he gets cut off.

Blind Item #7

Apparently the alliterate one was prepared and has a podcast episode all about what the death of the Queen means.

• Haha 1

11 yeah, don't doubt it, so what? Kate too.... [if I could live to 96 AND look as good as Elizabeth did, way until the end - her skin was perfection! - I'd probably smoke too!]

7 ugh, nope, don't believe it

9 if this is Andrew, that I would believe. That's why I think Charles will always support him, hating it as he does (and/or Andrew is WELL taken care of in Queen's will and Charles just has to ignore him)

7 (7 again? Fakey Fakey Fakey, you suck) EVERYONE in media had their "when the queen dies" items ready. Given that family, esp Harry & Meghan - you know they've talked about it. Most people talk about what happens when family dies, and when your family is rich and/or famous? Those discussions have import and consequence - so she's probably been talking about it and a podcast wouldn't be too much more effort.

Edited by Hoyaheel