Sign in to follow this  
princess

Heather Mills

Posted Image

Heather Mills fails to attract audience

sf gate

Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife Heather Mills has been forced to cancel an appearance as a motivational speaker, after organizers failed to sell enough tickets to the event. :4biggrin:

The former glamour model, who lost her leg in a motorbike accident in 1993, had agreed to tell her life story at a charity dinner in Leicester, England, to raise money for the city's Loros hospice.

Mills was set to charge $4,500 for her participation in the event on September 29 but bosses have cancelled the talk after selling just a third of the 300 tickets.

A spokesperson for Loros says, "We sold just over 100 tickets but it wasn't enough to break even and as we got nearer to the event, the cancellation charges would be an issue so we made the decision to cancel now.

"Heather Mills was going to talk about her life and the challenges she's faced and also have a question-and-answer session at the end.

"She's raised a lot of money for charity and I'm sure it would have been very interesting.

"The people who have booked will have been very disappointed and we're sorry to let down people who wanted to support us. We don't take these decisions lightly."

Being in an "easily pleased" mood today, this made me chuckle:

Popbitch mailout:

>> Sax pest <<

McCartney Jnr is good at music

Beatrice McCartney - daughter of Heather

Mills and Sir Paul McCartney - got a glowing

report at her recent parents' evening. One

teacher commented on the girl's musical

prowess, to which Heather replied: "She gets

that from me, I play the saxophone."

Posted Image