Sign in to follow this  
kappy22

Reality Shows I Want to See GONE

Which reality shows would you like to see gone forever? For me, it would be anything based on what I call FAKE Celebrity.

#1) The Kardashians.

#2) Any show based on anyone formerly employed by Hugh Hefner.

#3) Any show with anyone who has ever appeared on or might appear on Bravo's Housewives series

#4) Any show based on anyone related to or friendly with anyone from #1, 2 or 3 above including their dogs.

Mind you, I love my good fake reality like Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, Project Runway, etc., but some of these other shows just create what I think of as FAKE celebs who then truly believe their own hype which makes them insufferable when they open their mouths.

Here's to a better breed of good fake reality tv in 2011! :2cool:

I don't watch any of them, so I would not miss any of them if they went away. The only reality show that interests me at all is "The Biggest Loser," and I've never even watched it.

"Celebrity Rehab" :vomit2: Hands down, it touches on all that is vulgar: fame mongering celebs who are willing to milk their addictions for a spot in the limelight; Dr. Drew Pinsky, who seems to cater to these fools (and I used to think Dr. Drew was really sharp and hunky, too. He's still hunky, but his mega dose of cheesiness on CR obliterates that) and the fact that most of these loser celebs never stop using or continue to use after the show is over.

I pretty much have nothing but scorn for most of the so-called "reality" shows out there, which are anything BUT reality. Completely scripted crap for the most part, designed of course to create the most drama possible. I especially despise the ones that are focused on and prey upon the most vulnerable of people: poor people, overweight people, people who are substance abusers, people who have mental illness, etc...putting everyone on display for the viewing audience's amusement. Disgusting. Yeah, I know these people share responsibility for their participation...to me, it's just another example of self-debasement in the face of making a buck. Sad.

Jersey Shore. Seriously, how has this not been mentioned yet? That show and all of the people associated with it need to go away. I'd follow that with The Kardashians and any of the spin offs.

Jersey Shore. Seriously, how has this not been mentioned yet? That show and all of the people associated with it need to go away. I'd follow that with The Kardashians and any of the spin offs.

Oh ABSOLUTELY! I thought they were a complete fluke in the beginning that would be laughed off the airways. Silly naive me!