princess

Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp Will Make 'Public Enemies'

Michael Mann will direct Depp as John Dillinger

December 6, 2007

With a springtime gap in his schedule, Johnny Depp has signed on for Michael Mann's "Public Enemies."

The period drama, one of many pre-actors strike projects revving up at Universal, focuses on the government's attempts to stop some of the most famous criminals of the Depression era.

Depp will play Public Enemy No. 1 John Dillinger in the film, which will also feature real-life characters including Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd, as well as FBI head J. Edgar Hoover.

Mann wrote the script based on the 2004 book by Bryan Burroughs, according to Variety.

"Public Enemies" is a film of convenience for both Mann and Depp. The director had been eying a possible reunion with "Collateral" co-star Tom Cruise on Columbia's "Edwin Salt." Depp, meanwhile, had expected to shoot Mira Nair's "Shantaram." When script, budget and monsoon concerns put the Depp film on hold, "Public Enemies" became a more tangible possibility.

Depp's latest film, the musical "Sweeney Todd," is generating Oscar buzz in advance of its holiday season release. "Sweeney Todd" is Depp's first film outside of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise since 2005's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

Johnny Depp's High School Musical Dreams

Johnny Depp spoke to Entertainment Tonight at the premiere of his latest Tim Burton collaboration and his first musical, Sweeney Todd.

In the interview, Johnny reveals that although he sings in the movie, the chances of him releasing an album are slim. "No! I sang once for Tim Burton and Stephen Sondheim in this movie and there's no reason for me to do it again."

As for doing another singing role, Johnny asks, "Would anyone let me do another musical? That's the question!"

Most surprisingly Johnny, who is the father of two kids, Lily-Rose and Jack, says that if approached he would consider joining the cast of High School Musical 3. He said, "Yeah, I'd play somebody's grandfather!"

"Keith!" said Depp, who seemed happy to see his pirate dad, though the Rolling Stone's waxen complexion may have given him a fright.

Later, after they'd exchanged hugs, we asked Richards if he'd seen the Broadway version of Stephen Sondheim's ghoulish musical.

"Nah," said Richards, who was in high spirits. "But I knew the original Sweeney Todd. He gave a hell of a shave!"

We figured Keith would have some thoughts on blood, what with him once having had all of his transfused in an effort to kick heroin, according to reports. Was the rocker, who had that nasty fall out of a palm tree last year, bothered by the sight of blood?

"I'm not scared by my own blood," he explained. "It's other people's blood that bothers me."

Funny man. Wonder if falling on your head does that for you.

Depp rated best, Ferrell worst for autographs

List names ‘Sweeney Todd’ star most gracious celeb third year in a row

MSNBC.com

NEW YORK - Want an autograph from Johnny Depp? Chances are, he’ll sign something for you — and not be a jerk about it.

The 44-year-old actor is the most gracious celebrity — for the third year in a row — on Autograph magazine’s annual list of the “10 Best and 10 Worst Hollywood Signers.”

Depp is “‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ on film, and Johnny and the Signing Factory in person,” the magazine said.

“Though soft-spoken and laid-back, he likes to talk to fans and get to know them while signing,” New York autograph dealer Anthony Risi explains in the December issue, now on newsstands. “He’ll sign more than one item when he has time, too.”

The magazine said editors compiled input from autograph-collecting judges based in Europe, New York and California in ranking the celebs.

Matt Damon is second on the list, followed by George Clooney, Jack Nicholson, Rosario Dawson, John Travolta, Katherine Heigl, Jay Leno, Dakota Fanning and Russell Crowe — wait, Russell Crowe?

Crowe, who has a history of throwing temper tantrums, ranked among the worst signers on last year’s list. But in a turnaround, the magazine said, the 43-year-old actor “started treating fans great, signing, taking pictures and chatting them up.”

Will Ferrell is deemed the worst celebrity signer, followed by Tobey Maguire, Joaquin Phoenix, William Shatner, Renee Zellweger, John Malkovich, Julie Andrews, Bruce Willis, Teri Hatcher and Scarlett Johansson.

However, “keep in mind that even the best signers don’t sign sometimes, the worst sometimes do, and that just because they’re on the worst list doesn’t mean they’re bad people,” the magazine said.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Johnny Depp Will Sign Anything

Posted Image

Johnny Depp has been named the most gracious autograph signer by Autograph Magazine. Johnny will pretty much sign anything and not be a dick about it. Autograph collectors from around the world decided who is the best and who is the worst. George Clooney, John Travolta, Jack Nicholson, Katherine Heigl, Russell Crowe and Dakota Fanning were among the best.

Will Ferrell was named the worst followed by Tobey Maguire, Joaquin Phoeniz, Renee Zellweger, Julie Andrews, ScarJo and Teri Snatcher.

Johnny, really? This is good news! That means when I ask him to sign my ass, he'll have to do so. Win for me.

This is surprising since Johnny recently said he wants to go away and be forgotten. He said, "I don't want to be a product. Of course you want the movies to do well. But I don't want to know ... who's hot now and who's not and who's making this much dough and who's boffing this woman or that one. I want to remain ignorant of all this. I want to be totally outside and far away from all of it."

He also said he has no desire to win an Oscar, "I don't want to get up in front of all these people and thank them. It scares the **** out of me! The nomination was enough for me. I felt very honored. It's not really about the awards, though, it's about the work for me. I just love acting."

God, I love him. I need to track him down and ask for that ass autograph already.

http://www.dlisted.com/

I Want to Be a Pop Star!

Posted Mon. Dec. 24, 2007 4:35pm by Libby Keatinge

Filed Under Johnny Depp, Vanessa Paradis

Johnny Depp’s daughter, Lily Rose, wants to be a pop star. The 7-year-old was hospitalized with a severe infection earlier this year, but made a recovery back to full health and is now eager to pursue a singing career.

Both her parents have backgrounds in music: Before success in such hit films as Pirates of the Caribbean, Johnny fronted rock band the Kids. Lily’s mom, Vanessa Paradis, had her first hit “Joe le Taxi” at the tender age of 14. However, Lily’s showbiz parents are discouraging their child from pursuing a pop career. “I would love her to wait a little longer than I did,” Vanessa reportedly said. With current reigning popwreck Britney Spears and sister Jamie Lynn making headlines almost daily for their shocking behavior, do you blame Mama Vanessa and Papa John for discouraging her?

PAGESIX

Depp says `Sweeney' flashback was scary

AP

NEW YORK - In a career that has included drunk pirates and a scissor-handed recluse, Johnny Depp says the strangest scene he's ever filmed is a simple flashback in "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street."

The movie is the sixth collaboration for Depp and director Tim Burton — and one of their riskiest. It's based on Stephen Sondheim's bloody Broadway musical about a murderous barber, and Depp had scant singing experience.

But it wasn't the singing that scared Depp — or any of his character's numerous gory murders. It was a flashback to young Sweeney's happy life before he was sent to prison by Judge Turpin (Alan Rickman).

It's arguably the most normal scene in the movie, and both Depp and Burton could hardly stomach it.

"I think that was the weirdest thing I ever had to shoot," Depp told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "(Burton) literally was sobbing. He left the set of his own movie."

Burton said the extreme melodrama of the scene was difficult to watch.

"That's when I knew (Depp) was a great actor, because that was terrible," the 49-year-old director said. "That was so bad."

Depp, star of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films and "Edward Scissorhands," has received rave reviews for his performance, and Burton wonders if the 44-year-old actor will look back in later years and cringe at the young Sweeney flashback.

"That and having to soap up Alan Rickman's face were two of the scariest moments, maybe of my life," joked Depp.

For some reason, Burton explained, preparing Rickman's character for a shave was "quite a traumatic experience" for Depp.

"Sweeney Todd," a DreamWorks/Paramount release, has received four Golden Globe nominations, including best musical or comedy, best director for Burton, best actor for Depp and best actress for Helena Bonham Carter.

(Pagesix.com)

STARS TRIUMPHED AND TANKED

December 29, 2007 -- FOR some Hollywood superstars, 2007 was a spectacular year of box-office bravado. For others, it was an embarrassing case of don't ask, don't tell and try to forget.

Dough-faced Nicolas Cage was the year's biggest winner with two colossal seat fillers - the Marvel comics adaptation of "Ghost Rider," which banked $115 million domestically, and "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," which opened Dec. 21 and scooped up $78 million in five days.

Will Smith's easygoing style and good-guy persona couldn't miss. Hot off the success of "The Pursuit of Happyness" and "Hitch," his sci-fi smash "I Am Legend" opened on Dec. 14 and coaxed $160 million out of moviegoers' pockets in 12 days.

Johnny Depp was a huge draw with "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," capturing $309 million in North America. His new flick, "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," kicked off with a promising five-day take of $16 million in limited release.

But plenty of superstars need new agents or better scripts. Nicole Kidman's career continued to tailspin with three clunkers: "The Invasion," which cost $80 million to make and earned $15 million in the US, the depressing drama "Margot at the Wedding," which took in a paltry $1.6 million, and "The Golden Compass," which cost $180 million and has pulled in $51 million. The big question is whether she'll be able to maintain her $17 million-$20 million per-picture price tag.

Tom Cruise took a beating. Not only was he dumped by Viacom chief Sumner Redstone, but also his ultradull antiwar picture "Lions for Lambs" (co-starring and directed by Robert Redford) earned an abysmal $15 million domestically.

As for Jennifer Lopez, she'd better stop making pictures with loved ones. She's still ridiculed for "Gigli," her megadud with one-time fiancé Ben Affleck. And she tanked this year with "El Cantante," costarring hubby Marc Anthony. It took in a paltry worldwide gross of just $7.5 million.

Lindsay Lohan's personal life was a disaster - as was her screen career. "Georgia Rule," in which she co-starred with Jane Fonda and Felicity Huffman, fizzled with a pitiable domestic take of $19 million, and her junky horror flick "I Know Who Killed Me" grossed a mere $7.2 million.

Lohan performance voted worst in online poll

Moviegoers slam actress for ‘I Know Who Killed Me’ role, ‘Georgia Rule’

MSNBC.com

NEW YORK - As if 2007 could get any worse for Lindsay Lohan, now this: Moviegoers tagged her with the year's worst performance by an actress.

Fifty-eight percent of voters in an online poll by AOL's Web site Moviefone gave Lohan that dubious honor for her turn as a woman escaping a sadistic killer in the box-office flop, "I Know Who Killed Me."

The poll, which tallied more than 3.8 million votes, had more bad news for the starlet, who recently spent a brief stint in jail for drunken driving and cocaine possession and also attended voluntary rehab.

Another of Lohan's films, "Georgia Rule," finished second among voters for biggest waste of $10 spent on a movie ticket.

The No. 1 biggest waste? "Norbit," a slapstick comedy starring Eddie Murphy, whose performance in the movie was the runaway pick for worst by an actor.

Voters were given five choices in each poll category. Two box-office smashes were voted the most worthy of the price of a ticket: The blood-soaked ancient war epic "300" edged out the sci-fi extravaganza "Transformers," 28 percent to 26 percent.

"Transformers" stars Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf were named best on-screen duo, barely beating out Michael Cera and Jonah Hill, the nerdy leads of the comic coming-of-age romp "Superbad."

"Superbad" made more voters laugh out loud than any other film, registering 37 percent of the tally, ahead of the 28 percent for the bawdy pregnancy comedy "Knocked Up." Both comedy blockbusters were from producer Judd Apatow.

Sexiest babe went to Fox of "Transformers," while hottest hunk went to Johnny Depp, from "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Ralph Fiennes' dark turn as Voldemort in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" earned him best male villain honors. Angelina Jolie won best female villain for playing the mother of the demon Grendel in "Beowulf."

Voters gave Matt Damon the nod for best two performances for "Ocean's Thirteen" and "The Bourne Ultimatum," the latter of which easily nabbed year's best sequel.

© Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

Johnny Depp welcomes Barry Manilow duet

BANG Showbiz

Jan. 2, 2008

The Hollywood star revealed he would jump at the chance to sing with the 64-year-old 'Mandy' singer.

Speaking about his lead role in musical 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street,' he told Envelope magazine, "I don't think I would have attempted this kind of project with anyone but a director like Tim Burton.

"But if there's a chance of doing a duet with Barry Manilow now, then I'm in!"

Depp previously admitted he was unsure of his own singing talents before signing up for the film.

The 44-year-old star said, "I knew I wasn't tone deaf but I didn't know if I'd really be able to hold the notes or belt out a tune."

But Burton claims Depp "exceeded all expectations" with his vocal performances.

He said, "I always had every confidence in him and he needn't have worried at all.

"His performance was wonderful and exceeded all of my expectations. He is a great actor."

Johnny Depp welcomes Barry Manilow duet

BANG Showbiz

Jan. 2, 2008

The Hollywood star revealed he would jump at the chance to sing with the 64-year-old 'Mandy' singer.

Speaking about his lead role in musical 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street,' he told Envelope magazine, "I don't think I would have attempted this kind of project with anyone but a director like Tim Burton.

"But if there's a chance of doing a duet with Barry Manilow now, then I'm in!"

Depp previously admitted he was unsure of his own singing talents before signing up for the film.

The 44-year-old star said, "I knew I wasn't tone deaf but I didn't know if I'd really be able to hold the notes or belt out a tune."

But Burton claims Depp "exceeded all expectations" with his vocal performances.

He said, "I always had every confidence in him and he needn't have worried at all.

"His performance was wonderful and exceeded all of my expectations. He is a great actor."

I love Barry Manilow! That would be one hell of a duet!

Johnny Depp has been voted the Top Money-Making Star of 2007 in Quigley Publishing Company's 76th Annual Poll.

Depp, who starred in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" and "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" in 2007, also placed first in 2006. He first appeared as #6 in 2003 and was second to Tom Cruise in 2005.

The Quigley Poll, conducted every year since 1932, is an annual survey of motion picture exhibitors, which asks them to vote for the ten stars that they believe generated the most box-office revenue in the preceding year for their theatres. Long regarded as one of the most reliable indicators of a Star's real box-office draw because the selections are done by people whose livelihood depends on choosing the films that will bring audiences to their theatres, the Quigley Poll appears annually in Quigley Publishing Company's International Motion Picture Almanac and at http://www.quigleypublishing.com. Will Smith, who starred in "I Am Legend," finished second in the voting followed by George Clooney ("Michael Clayton" and "Ocean's Thirteen") and Matt Damon ("The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Ocean's Thirteen.") Clooney has been in the poll five times to date. Somewhat surprisingly, this year is Matt Damon's first Top Ten mention. Denzel Washington ("The Great Debaters" and "American Gangster") was fifth and Russell Crowe ("American Gangster" and "3:10 to Yuma") was sixth.

The rest of the Top Ten in order were: Tom Cruise #7 ("Lions for Lambs,") Nicholas Cage #8 ("Ghost Rider" and "National Treasure: Book of Secrets,") Will Ferrell #9 ("Blades of Glory") and Tom Hanks #10 ("Charlie Wilson's War.") This is the first year in 24 years, since 1983, that exhibitors have not included a female star in the Top Ten.

Perennial powerhouse Tom Cruise has been in the Top Ten an amazing 20 times since 1983. To date, Cruise has been voted number one seven times. Tom Hanks, Clint Eastwood, Burt Reynolds and Bing Crosby have all won five times. John Wayne, Doris Day and Shirley Temple each finished first four times, but John Wayne was voted one of the Top Ten Money-Making Stars an astounding 25 times from 1949 to 1974. Exhibitors were also asked to name the Stars of Tomorrow for 2007: one actor and one actress who they feel will be Top Money-Makers in the years to come. The 2007 winners are Shia LaBeouf who starred in "Transformers," "Disturbia" and voice talent in "Surf's Up" and Ellen Page who had a breakthrough performance in "Juno" in 2007.

OHNOTHEYDIDN'T

Movie Exhibitors Celebrate Johnny Depp

Top 10 for 2007 also includes Will Smith and George Clooney

For the second straight year, Johnny Depp has topped a key survey naming the industry's most successful stars.

Buoyed by the blockbuster success of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" ($309 million domestic to-date) (and a bit of late-year chump change for "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" ), Depp has taken the No. 1 spot on Quigley Publishing Company's annual survey of movie exhibitors.

The survey, which dates back to 1932, asks exhibitors to list the 10 stars who generated the most revenue for their theaters. According to media reports, "I Am Legend" star Will Smith finished right behind Depp in second, followed by George Clooney, Matt Damon, Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, Tom Cruise, Nicolas Cage, Will Ferrell and Tom Hanks.

The exact methodology of the survey is a little unclear, particularly given that several actors on the list -- Cruise and Cage in particular -- starred in 2007 bombs, while the stars of 2007's biggest live-action hits (Tobey Maguire of "Spider-Man 3" and Shia LaBeouf of "Transformers") are absent.

Despite the failure of "Lions for Lambs," of course, Cruise has topped the list seven times, ahead of five-time champs Hanks, Clint Eastwood, Burt Reynolds and Bing Crosby.

This was the first time in 24 years that the exhibitor's Top 10 list failed to include a single actress.

Vanessa Paradis Regrets Raunchy Video

Former pop star Vanessa Paradis is disgusted by a film of herself performing as a provocatively dressed teenager.

The French star and long-term partner of actor Johnny Depp, admits she has only recently seen footage of her singing the 1987 track Joe Le Taxi.

In the clip, - which has been viewed by almost 330,000 visitors to video-sharing website YouTube.com - Paradis is seen wearing a short, tight skirt and dancing provocatively.

But she is now full of regret over the stunt.

She says, "I wish someone had advised me. I've seen quite recently some clips from when I was 14 and I'm not proud of it. I look at the way I was dressed and made up and the way I would dance and I just want to say: 'Euugh. Stop it! I was going to school and I had the 'Joe le Taxi' song out that was making me trouble all over the world. It's not easy to grow up, but to grow up famous, it's worse. In France it became a really big phenomenon and it was very casual, this torturing of a child. It was happening to me every day – relentless."

Depp, Witherspoon win People's Choice Awards

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Johnny Depp and Reese Witherspoon were among the celebrities who won People's Choice Awards on Tuesday in a televised program that was drastically altered due to the Hollywood writers strike.

Instead of receiving their statuettes to great applause during a traditional awards ceremony, the recipients taped acceptance speeches for a canned broadcast that aired on CBS.

The event's organizers were forced to change their plans last month because the Writers Guild of America is refusing to allow many awards shows to hire union writers and actors are not crossing the writers' picket lines.

This one-two punch knocked out the Golden Globes on Monday, reducing that awards gala to a news conference next Sunday.

Roughly 10,500 Writers Guild members went on strike against Hollywood's major studios in November in a dispute that centers on fees writers want when their work appears on the Internet.

The strike has ended production of TV shows, derailed films and altered many awards shows that air at this time of year.

In all, there were 38 categories for the 34th annual People's Choice Awards, split among film, TV and music. Winners were voted on by audiences, and Queen Latifah hosted the two-hour telecast in a "magazine-style" TV format.

Speeches by presenters that would have been written by striking union members in a traditional awards ceremony were dropped, and the winners avoided having to cross a live broadcast's picket lines by taping speeches in advance.

Depp and Witherspoon were named favorite male and female movie star. Neither was cited for any particular film, though Depp was in theaters last year with "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," which won two other awards. Witherspoon appeared in only one movie, the box office bomb "Rendition.

Joaquin Phoenix and Drew Barrymore also had a quiet year at movie box offices, but that did not stop them from being named favorite leading actors.

Matt Damon and Keira Knightley, respective stars of "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Pirates of the Caribbean," took the honors for favorite action stars.

"Pirates of the Caribbean" was also named favorite movie and "threequel," and "Bourne Ultimatum" favorite action movie. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" won favorite drama, "Knocked Up" favorite comedy, and "Shrek the Third" favorite family movie.

"Grey's Anatomy" actors Patrick Dempsey and Katherine Heigl were named favorite TV stars. But another medical show, "House," won favorite drama. The comedy category went to "Two and a Half Men."

Justin Timberlake and Gwen Stefani won for favorite singers. Country combo Rascal Flatts was named favorite group.

Having a major case of the vapors *swoon*

Bale on Depp's trail in "Public Enemies"

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Christian Bale is in talks to join Johnny Depp in "Public Enemies," director Michael Mann's Depression-era crime drama.

An adaptation of Bryan Burrough's book "Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933-43," the Universal Pictures project follows the government's attempt to stop the criminals John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd. Depp is playing Dillinger.

Bale would play Melvin Purvis, who led the FBI's manhunt for Dillinger and captured more public enemies than any other agent in FBI history.

It was Purvis who uttered, "Stick 'em up, Johnny" when he confronted Dillinger outside Chicago's Biograph Theatre in 1934, moments before the gangster was shot dead by FBI agents. Ben Johnson played Purvis in the 1973 movie "Dillinger."

Production is due to start later this winter in Chicago and other Midwest locales. The job is not expected to conflict with Bale's commitment to play John Connor in the fourth "Terminator movie, "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," which will follow "Enemies."

Bale will next be seen in this summer's Batman movie, "The Dark Knight."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Johnny Depp's £1m gift for Great Ormond Street, the hospital that saved his daughter's life

By RICHARD SIMPSON - More by this author » Last updated at 09:28am on 15th January 2008

Johnny Depp secretly visited Great Ormond Street Hospital yesterday to donate £1 million of his own money to thank staff for saving his daughter's life.

He arrived unexpectedly at the London children's hospital where eight-year-old Lily-Rose was treated last year when her kidneys failed.

Posted Image

Surprise Gift: Johnny Depp, 43, pictured with Vanessa Paradis, 34, the mother of his two children. The actor has donated £1m to Great Ormond Street Hospital

Last week he invited five Great Ormond Street doctors and nurses to the party for the London premiere of his film Sweeney Todd.

And on November 29, unknown to the public, Depp spent four hours at the hospital telling bedtime stories to patients dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow after having his Pirates Of The Caribbean costume flown over from Los Angeles.

In March last year, Lily-Rose spent nine days at Great Ormond Street after E.coli poisoning led to the failure of her kidneys.

Posted Image

Long-term girlfriend Vanessa Paradis with daughter Lily-Rose, 8, and son Jack John, 6

She is said to have contracted the bug while staying with Depp, 43, and her mother Vanessa Paradis, 34, in a rented mansion in Richmond, Surrey, while he filmed Sweeney Todd.

Filming at Pinewood in Buckinghamshire had to be halted as her conditioned worsened so much it was feared she might not live.

Depp, who was yesterday named best actor in a musical at the Golden Globes for his role in Sweeney Todd, later said of the scare: "It was the most frightening thing we have ever been through. It was hell.

"But the magic is that she pulled through beautifully. Great Ormond Street was terrific, a great hospital."

Disney, which made the Pirates Of The Caribbean films, will also today donate £10million to Great Ormond Street, which needs to raise £170million in five years to re-develop two-thirds of the hospital site.

Meanwhile, Sweeney Todd director Tim Burton says he is finally planning to tie the knot with Helena Bonham Carter.

Depp was yesterday named best actor in a musical at the Golden Globes for his role in Sweeney Todd

The pair met when Burton directed the English actress in Planet Of The Apes seven years ago.

They now have two children together and have knocked through the wall that separated their adjoining London homes.

Burton, 49, whose Sweeney Todd has just won best film musical and best actor in a musical for Johnny Depp at the Golden Globes, told the Radio Times magazine: "Helena and I feel so married we never got around to doing it, but I'm thinking about it. I'm a late bloomer."

The couple had a daughter, born in December, to join their son, four-year-old Billy.

Bonham Carter, 41, who previously dated Kenneth Branagh, has appeared in Burton's movies Big Fish and Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.

Johnny Depp's £1m gift for Great Ormond Street, the hospital that saved his daughter's life

By RICHARD SIMPSON - More by this author » Last updated at 09:28am on 15th January 2008

Johnny Depp secretly visited Great Ormond Street Hospital yesterday to donate £1 million of his own money to thank staff for saving his daughter's life.

He arrived unexpectedly at the London children's hospital where eight-year-old Lily-Rose was treated last year when her kidneys failed.

Posted Image

Surprise Gift: Johnny Depp, 43, pictured with Vanessa Paradis, 34, the mother of his two children. The actor has donated £1m to Great Ormond Street Hospital

Last week he invited five Great Ormond Street doctors and nurses to the party for the London premiere of his film Sweeney Todd.

And on November 29, unknown to the public, Depp spent four hours at the hospital telling bedtime stories to patients dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow after having his Pirates Of The Caribbean costume flown over from Los Angeles.

In March last year, Lily-Rose spent nine days at Great Ormond Street after E.coli poisoning led to the failure of her kidneys.

Posted Image

Long-term girlfriend Vanessa Paradis with daughter Lily-Rose, 8, and son Jack John, 6

She is said to have contracted the bug while staying with Depp, 43, and her mother Vanessa Paradis, 34, in a rented mansion in Richmond, Surrey, while he filmed Sweeney Todd.

Filming at Pinewood in Buckinghamshire had to be halted as her conditioned worsened so much it was feared she might not live.

Depp, who was yesterday named best actor in a musical at the Golden Globes for his role in Sweeney Todd, later said of the scare: "It was the most frightening thing we have ever been through. It was hell.

"But the magic is that she pulled through beautifully. Great Ormond Street was terrific, a great hospital."

Disney, which made the Pirates Of The Caribbean films, will also today donate £10million to Great Ormond Street, which needs to raise £170million in five years to re-develop two-thirds of the hospital site.

Meanwhile, Sweeney Todd director Tim Burton says he is finally planning to tie the knot with Helena Bonham Carter.

Depp was yesterday named best actor in a musical at the Golden Globes for his role in Sweeney Todd

The pair met when Burton directed the English actress in Planet Of The Apes seven years ago.

They now have two children together and have knocked through the wall that separated their adjoining London homes.

Burton, 49, whose Sweeney Todd has just won best film musical and best actor in a musical for Johnny Depp at the Golden Globes, told the Radio Times magazine: "Helena and I feel so married we never got around to doing it, but I'm thinking about it. I'm a late bloomer."

The couple had a daughter, born in December, to join their son, four-year-old Billy.

Bonham Carter, 41, who previously dated Kenneth Branagh, has appeared in Burton's movies Big Fish and Charlie And The Chocolate Factory.

What an AWESOME and beautiful man!! :wub:

Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but it couldn't have been too much of a secret now that we all know about it.

On the other hand, he gets booku points for dressing up as Jack Sparrow for the kids as does Disney for making the contribution as well. Nicely done.

Edited by tyler

Not to rain on anybody's parade here, but it couldn't have been too much of a secret now that we all know about it.

On the other hand, he gets booku points for dressing up as Jack Sparrow for the kids as does Disney for making the contribution as well. Nicely done.

With Johnny you know it came from the heart and wasn't simply for publicity. Maybe it's been made public now because the hospital is trying to raise more money for redevelopment. So happy that as an actor he finally won a Golden Globe.

Depp to Take Over for Ledger in Final Film?

HOLLYWOOD - Director Terry Gilliam is determined to finish shooting Heath Ledger's last film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus--with Johnny Depp in his place.

Filming on the set of the fantasy movie was allegedly abandoned following the death of the actor on Tuesday afternoon.

But reports now claim Gilliam is keen to have the Pirates of the Caribbean star stand in for Ledger to complete the remaining scenes.

A studio source tells British newspaper The Sun, "There is a point in the film when Heath falls through a magic mirror. He could change into another character after that, and that is where Johnny would come in.

"It's a weird, fantasy, time-travel movie, so Heath's character could easily change appearance. It would be a poignant moment.

"Johnny's not working at the moment, so everyone is praying he will do it."

Ledger was said to be less than two months away from wrapping filming on the movie.

hollywood.com

Channing Tatum Goes From 'Step' to Depp

Marion Cotillard, Giovanni Ribisi, Stephen Dorff and Jason Clarke also joining 'Public Enemies' cast

January 28, 2008

"Step Up" star Channing Tatum and Oscar nominee Marion Cotillard are expected to co-star with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale in a new film.

According to Variety,Tatum and Cotillard is in negotiations to appear in "Public Enemies," from director Michael Mann.

Also joining the cast are Giovanni Ribisi, Stephen Dorff and Jason Clarke.

Set between 1933 and 1943, "Public Enemies" follows the government's attempts to stop some of the most infamous criminals of the 20th Century, including John Dillinger (Depp), Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd (Tatum). Bale is playing FBI heavyweight Melvin Purvis.

The trade paper says Cotillard would play Billie, Dillinger's singer girlfriend. Ribisi ("My Name Is Earl"), Dorff ("Blade") and Clarke ("Brotherhood") would play members of Dillinger's gang.

Mann adapted Brian Burrough's book with Ronan Bennett and Ann Biderman. Production will begin for Universal film later this winter.

Tatum, whose credits also include "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints," has "Battle in Seattle" and "Stop Loss" in the can for 2008 release.

Cotillard's awards haul for "La Vi En Rose" has included nominations for SAG, Golden Globes and the Oscars. Her previous English-language credits include "Big Fish" and "A Good Year."