princess

Johnny Depp

How were the parents of the girl able to get Johnny Depp's mailing address? I assumed most stars don't recieve fan mail or have a listed an address...

The family probably reached him through his publicist, agent, manager, etc., and they passed on the letter to him.

Depp: I Was No Teen Idol

Actor JOHNNY DEPP despised his teen idol status in the 1980s - because he hated the idea of posing with his top off for girls magazines.

The Pirates Of The Caribbean hunk first shot to fame in U.S. teen show 21 Jump Street and fast became a favourite with young female viewers.

But the "shy" star hated fans' lustful admiration and the fame which followed, prompting him to shave off his hair and eyebrows in a bid to distract attention.

He tell Britain's magazine OK!, "I just didn't want to make a career of taking my shirt off. I wanted to shave off all my hair, even my eyebrows. And I did!

"I don't fault TV stars who do teen magazines. They took offers that gave the big money fast, but they were dead in two years. I never wanted that.

"Frankly, I've always been shy, paranoid, whatever word you want. I hate fame - I've done everything to avoid it."

Source: contactmusic

Johnny Depp: 'I Landed Cruise's Part In 'Scissorhands''

Johnny Depp nearly missed out on landing the lead role in cult movie Edward Scissorhands - because studio bosses originally wanted Tom Cruise as the star. Depp shot to fame when he landed the title role in Tim Burton's 1991 fantasy epic, but insists producers were determined to cast A-list actor Cruise in the role.

The 44-year-old was a relative unknown at the time and admits he desperately wanted the job - but he was only hired after the team began to question Cruise's suitability for such an edgy project.

He says, "They (movie bosses) were interested in me for the part, but had someone else in mind too. A few days later, they called me to say the studio preferred the other actor. (It was) Tom Cruise. I was really disappointed. From the moment I read the script, I knew I had to be in it. But I understood that the studio wanted a box office superstar."

"Then a miracle happened. My agent called to say they wanted me instead." /WENN

Johnny Depp Vows Never To Make A Romantic Comedy

Johnny Depp has vowed never to star in a romantic comedy because he considers the genre "boring." The 44-year-old shot to fame in the 1991 fantasy epic Edward Scissorhands and has since made his name by taking on a variety of quirky film roles - including turns in Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and most recently in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

And Depp insists he will never be drawn to roles in light-hearted films - no matter how much money he is offered.

He says, "There is a dark side in me, like in each one of us. I only feel the fun factor when turning to a dark role, like in my most recent film 'Sweeney Todd.' I wouldn't want to be in a romantic film, where it's about the boy meeting the girl, losing the girl, and getting her back. That would really bore me to death

Johnny Depp Vows Never To Make A Romantic Comedy

Johnny Depp has vowed never to star in a romantic comedy because he considers the genre "boring." The 44-year-old shot to fame in the 1991 fantasy epic Edward Scissorhands and has since made his name by taking on a variety of quirky film roles - including turns in Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and most recently in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

And Depp insists he will never be drawn to roles in light-hearted films - no matter how much money he is offered.

He says, "There is a dark side in me, like in each one of us. I only feel the fun factor when turning to a dark role, like in my most recent film 'Sweeney Todd.' I wouldn't want to be in a romantic film, where it's about the boy meeting the girl, losing the girl, and getting her back. That would really bore me to death

Amen! Watching romatic comedies bores me to death!

Depp: Paradis Changed My Life

Hollywood actor JOHNNY DEPP has credited his partner VANESSA PARADIS with saving him from his troubled youth.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star spent much of his teens experimenting with drugs and admits his destructive behaviour continued into adulthood.

But Depp is convinced that meeting his longterm girlfriend in 1998 was a turning point in his life - crediting Paradis with giving him a settled home life and emotional stability.

He says, "The encounter with Vanessa radically transformed me. It was liking waking up from a nightmare and then it’s a sunny morning.

"The birth of our children was a wonder of life for me. If anything, that is the proof that there has to be a God or some other beings of wonderful almightiness."

The couple has two children together - Lily-Rose, eight, and John, six.

Source: pr-inside

Johnny Depp Stimulates ... Local Economy

Johnny Depp is doing what the president can't -- saving the economy one location at a time!

While filming his new film "Public Enemies" in Oshkosh, Wisc., Johnny's eating and drinking habits did more for the area's financial outlook than any reduction in interest rates. Depp and his pals -- who were staying at a hotel in nearby Appleton -- recently dropped a $1,500 tip on a $2,600 dinner at a local restaurant and that has residents saying, "Johnny Depp is welcome here anytime." Hillary & Obama, who?

The Michael Mann directed film filmed in -- and pumped cash into -- various parts of Wisconsin and Illinois, leaving a trail of very happy townies. See, Hollywood ain't all bad.

Source: TMZ

Fashion Scoops: New Face... Listen Up Wednesday, May 14, 2008 NEW FACE: Miu Miu is kissing Kirsten Dunst goodbye and saying bienvenue to Vanessa Paradis, who will be the brand's new face for the upcoming fall campaign. Miu Miu has once again tapped Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott to photograph the ads. A company spokeswoman declined to comment.

ON SET

Johnny Depp filmed his new crime drama Public Enemies in Chicago on Monday.

Posted Image

Does his role require him to wear a poorly constructed suit? Ick.

Posted Image

Johnny Depp Delivers on Promise to 12-Year-Old

By Stephen M. Silverman

Originally posted Wednesday June 18, 2008 11:20 AM EDT

people.com

Johnny Depp is a cat in the hat one 12-year-old will never forget.

Playing 1930's bank robber John Dillinger – American's Most Wanted at the time – for his upcoming movie Public Enemies, Depp was shooting on location in Wisconsin in April when he was observed on the set by local adolescent Jack Taylor, who especially admired Depp/Dillinger's hat.

In fact, the boy wanted the fedora, and asked the actor if he could have it. Depp, 45, said Taylor could, once the movie was finished.

Last week, reports the Oshkosh, Wis., newspaper the Northwestern, Depp made good on his promise. Taylor received the hat.

The leading man's rep also included gifts for Taylor's four siblings from Depp's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, as well as a note from the star himself, telling Jack to enjoy what was sent.

Now Taylor is at work on a thank-you note. His parents are helping.

Stars hit box office sweet spot

Will Smith among actors who have stayed hot

By ANNE THOMPSON

Call it the Fluke Zone. It's a place where a movie star can do no wrong. Audiences love you no matter what you do. The trick is to stay in the Zone as long as possible.

It's hard to get there. Few actors ever make it. Robert Downey Jr. and Shia LaBeouf are getting close this summer. But will auds put them over the top?

The rewards are huge at the top of the Hollywood food chain. You can cherry-pick the best and most commercial projects, and in theory, enjoy years of jet-set glory along with hefty cuts of the first-dollar gross.

But it's not easy. Beyond possessing the usual movie-star assets, staying at the top takes smarts, tenacity and an ability to tune in to what audiences want. Assuming you care.

Many stars fall out of the Fluke Zone when they lose touch with their fans. They tire of the limitations of carrying formula studio pics. Audiences see a star in the Zone as someone who delivers every time.

That was once true for Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks and Mel Gibson. But not anymore. They're maturing, taking more chances, seeking just the right balance of commercial and quality, straying from what audiences want. That doesn't mean they can't score the occasional B.O. smash. It just means they no longer guarantee them. "If you expand past the audience comfort zone," says producer James Jacks, "you're not a brand name anymore."

Nicolas Cage and Bruce Willis seesaw between studio tentpoles like "National Treasure" and "Live Free or Die Hard" and more adventurous fare. Johnny Depp, for example, is never going to color inside studio lines. He followed up his three-"Pirate" $2.76 billion B.O. bonanza with the serial-killer Stephen Sondheim musical, "Sweeney Todd." Not surprisingly, it did not break box office records. But he nabbed an Oscar nom.

Looking at this summer's movies, there's only one star in the Zone: Will Smith.

The hardest-working man in showbiz is doing what it takes: picking blockbusters crammed with f/x and action such as the "Independence Day" and "Men in Black" series, "I Robot" and "I Am Legend," along with the occasional acting showcase, from the career-turning "Six Degrees of Separation" and "Ali" to his Oscar-nommed turn in "The Pursuit of Happyness." And Smith, borrowing a page from Cruise and Schwarzenegger, works long hours burnishing his press on global promo tours. All that elbow grease has paid off.

This summer, in Peter Berg's "Hancock," Smith plays a homeless superhero. Will his B.O. run continue? Nothing lasts forever.

Age is an enemy of the Zone, especially for muscle action stars. Schwarzenegger and Stallone could only last so long.

With a far wider range, Harrison Ford, 65, defined the smart action hero. He has resolutely stayed the superstar course in the three decades since he broke out in George Lucas' "American Graffiti" and "Star Wars." However, his insistence on $20 million-plus paydays in recent years has hurt him. He says he works too hard not to get paid.

He pushed hard for "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"; finally Lucas and Steven Spielberg came through, helping the star pull out of an eight-year slump that included "Six, Days, Seven Nights," "Hollywood Homicide," "K-19: The Widowmaker," and "Firewall."

It's tougher for women. While men grow into their masculine authority, reaching their prime in their 40s, women have a shorter shelf life in the Zone. Hollywood doesn't allow them much room for error.

But Angelina Jolie is breaking the mold. While she is not in the Zone -- "A Mighty Heart" proves that -- she could be. Jolie is Hollywood's first bona fide femme action star ("Alien" star Sigourney Weaver paved the way). Jolie mixes it up with the best of them. She can be tough, sexy, lethal, funny and heartbreaking, from her career-making Oscar turn in "Girl, Interrupted" to "Mr. & Mrs. Smith," in which she met her match and partner, Brad Pitt.

While Jolie's output is uneven, she can open genre flicks, forging a path for ambitious actresses to follow. Universal paid her $15 million to return to action in the fantastical R-rated thriller "Wanted," anchoring the pic with Morgan Freeman opposite the lesser known James McAvoy ("Atonement"). "She established the movie's quality and legitimacy," Universal Pictures co-chairman Marc Shmuger says.

A powerful character actress, Meryl Streep has never been a Zone star. But like Jodie Foster, she delivers something valuable: a stamp of quality (which means nothing with a movie no one wants to see, like "Lions for Lambs" or "Rendition"). Now 58, Streep proved her B.O. muscularity in "The Devil Wears Prada," which scored $125 million at the domestic box office. This summer brings the Abba movie musical "Mamma Mia!" which may not be as pre-sold as the movie version of HBO's long-running "Sex in the City," but still has a sizable global following of women of all ages from the traveling hit show.

Comedy stars also have a shorter shelf life in the Zone. Somehow they catch the zeitgeist for several years, only to be replaced by a newer, fresher comedy ethos. Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Robin Williams and Jim Carrey lost their link with the audience by taking big paychecks for bad movies or simply trying too hard.

Audiences turned instead to the likes of Steve Carell, who followed Carrey in the disappointing "Bruce Almighty" sequel "Evan Almighty" and stars in this summer's TV remake "Get Smart"; multihyphenate Ben Stiller, who directed and stars in this summer's "Apocalypse Now" spoof "Tropic Thunder"; and Will Ferrell, who also produces and co-stars with John C. Reilly in the Apatow factory release "Step Brothers." These stars like to take chances on risky material, and seem willing to slip on a banana peel now and then.

On the other hand, "Austin Powers" star Mike Myers seems under more pressure to stay a major money player. He is also battling a rep for difficult behavior. While Myers has been delivering in the animated "Shrek" universe, the comedy chameleon flopped in his last live-action pick, 2003's overwrought "The Cat in the Hat." Dumb-male comedy "Love Guru" will reveal the strength of his audience connection.

The exception to the comedy rule is master-of-disguise Eddie Murphy, who has stayed relevant through successive generations. Murphy doesn't play himself, as Adam Sandler does, repeatedly. Thanks to animated movies ("Shrek") and prosthetics, Murphy morphs constantly; his range is astonishing. In "Meet Dave," opening July 11, he plays a spaceship in human form.

"Any time we become too familiar with anything, it ceases to be interesting to us," says producer John Davis, who has made four movies with Murphy and is wooing him to play multiple characters in "Fantasy Island." "The smartest thing you can do is a family movie. Let the audience discover you. Murphy comes back every few years and builds a brand new audience. You can reinvent yourself. Other actors age up."

Rep: Johnny Depp Did Not Marry in Kentucky

Reports that Johnny Depp married partner Vanessa Paradis in Kentucky are "not true," his rep tells Usmagazine.com.

"There is no wedding," the rep confirmed.

(See other stars who won't wed.)

The Sweeney Todd star, 45, has been with Paradis, a 35-year-old French actress and singer, since 1998.

The couple has a 9-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, and a 6-year-old son, John.

Rep: Johnny Depp Did Not Marry in Kentucky

Reports that Johnny Depp married partner Vanessa Paradis in Kentucky are "not true," his rep tells Usmagazine.com.

"There is no wedding," the rep confirmed.

(See other stars who won't wed.)

The Sweeney Todd star, 45, has been with Paradis, a 35-year-old French actress and singer, since 1998.

The couple has a 9-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, and a 6-year-old son, John.

So what happened to Jack?

The man just does not age. He must have one hell of a painting in his attic.

No kidding, he looks fantastic. I find him more attractive now than back in 21 Jump Street though.

Yeah, good stuff. He looks like his Jump Street days in that pic, too.

He must have one hell of a painting in his attic.

Ha!

Johnny Depp to Star in Fourth Pirates of the Caribbean Movie

Thursday September 25, 2008

Captain Jack Sparrow is back.

Johnny Depp has signed on for a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean installment, Variety reports. (The first three flicks in the Pirates franchise have earned a combined $2.6 billion at the box office.)

Check out Johnny Depp and other stars before they were hunks!

That's not the only project in the works for the actor.

He has been cast as Tonto in a movie version of The Lone Ranger and as the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton’s version of Alice in Wonderland, due out in 2010.

Vanessa Paradis Opens Up About Her Romance with Johnny Depp

Posted Image

Heard that rumor about Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis getting married? Yeah, so has she. And no, it's not true.

"Each summer people say we're supposed to be getting married, but we don't talk about it that much," Paradis – Depp's girlfriend of 10 years and the mother of his two children – tells the U.K. edition of Elle in its November issue. "He's got me, and he knows he's got me."

Adds Paradis, 35: "I love the romance of 'let's get married,' but then, when you have it so perfect ... I mean, I'm more married than anybody can be – we have two kids [Jack, 6, and Lily Rose, 9]. Maybe one day, but it's something I can really do without."

When French singer-actress-model first met Depp, it was not quite love at first sight.

"We were in two different worlds – him in America, me in France – but we had friends in common," explains the current face of Miu Miu. "We saw each other sometimes over the course of four years. But then, the day we found each other in Paris, we were both in the same world and free and it was just instant. There was no more time to waste – just no way around it."

Asked if she's "tamed" the Pirates of the Caribbean star, whose previous girlfriends include Kate Moss and Winona Ryder, Paradis says: "Tamed. What's that? Like a lion? Noooo, no, we did it to each other. Maybe I'm a good girlfriend because I'm his girlfriend. I'm not sure I'd be a good girlfriend to anyone else; the same for him. It's difficult to explain, but it's something that's natural, obvious and beautiful."

What's also natural: Women's desire to mob Depp, 45. In fact, Paradis feels it herself. "I understand. I want to mob him all the time, I do," she says. "He's a very charming person."

Depp Fan Vanessa Paradis

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanessa Paradis wants to "mob" Johnny Depp.

The singer says she understands why the actor - who she has been dating for 10 years - is desired by so many people because she still can't keep her hands off him.

Vanessa, who has two children with Johnny, said: "I understand. I want to mob him all the time, I do. He's a very charming person. What can you do? It doesn't bother me. There's nothing I can do about it."Sponsored Links:

The French star also revealed she already feels married to Johnny, and is no rush to make it official.

She added to Britain's Elle magazine: "I love the romance of 'Let's get married' but then when you have it so perfect? I mean, I'm more married than anybody can be - we have two kids. Maybe one day, but it's something I can really do without."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Johnny Depp's Partner Hates The Red Carpet

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnnny Depp's partner, Vanessa Paradis, hates attending film premieres.

Paradis -- who has two children with the Pirates of The Caribbean actor -- admits she feels awkward at glitzy showbiz events and does everything to avoid them.

She reveals, "The red carpet is not something I really know how to work. It intimidates me. I feel very tiny.

"I don't have famous neighbors, and if I did I'd avoid them.

"I don't live the jet-set. I'm really lucky. I do stay in wonderful hotels, houses and that's amazing but we're not very social at all. We don't go to parties or premieres."

Source: showbizspy.com

Zac Efron To Earn $10 Million On Pirates Of The Caribbean

Oct 18, 2008 AT 09:14 am

imnotobsessed.com

Can you IMAGINE? Zac Efron is about to make $10 million dollars. $10 MILLION DOLLARS for accepting a role in the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie! Disney bosses want to groom Efron to eventually replace Johnny Depp as the star of the franchise, and they are offering him $10 million to star alongside Captain Jack Sparrow in the next installment of the blockbuster film series.

"Disney knew that Zac was reulctant to do any more High School Musical movies. He had already said there was ‘no way’ he’d return as Troy. So the Disney brass came up with an offer he couldn’t refuse."