Sign in to follow this  
princess

Dolly Parton

Dolly Parton's 3am Makeover

Dolly Parton gets up at 3am to put her make-up on.

The country singer - who has had a number of cosmetic surgery procedures, including having her breasts enlarged to a 40DD cup - still takes a great deal of pride in her appearance at 64 and likes to look perfect for her husband Carl Dean when he wakes up.

Dolly - who has been wed to Carl for 44 years - said: "I usually get up at 3am. I don't require a lot of sleep and if I get tired, I'll take a powernap during the day.

"When my Carl is awake, I'll put on my make-up and roll my hair a little, because I don't want to look bad for him, do I?"

Dolly also insists she never had sex with anyone to further her career when she was starting out in the tough, male dominated country music industry.

She said in an interview with the Daily Mail newspaper: "When starting out, I looked easy and people didn't take me seriously. I always looked like I could be had and I still do! But the truth was, I couldn't.

"I'd be offered jobs and then before the deal was done, they'd say, 'Would you like to come up to my room?'

"I'd say, 'I don't need the job that bad, and I'll never do that to get ahead.'

"People still thought I was cheap and though it was painful at times, I knew that that talk would be short-lived."

Dolly also rubbished rumours of affairs with any of her handsome film co-stars, which include Burt Reynolds and Sylvester Stallone, saying she could never love anyone other than the reclusive Carl, a former construction worker.

She added: "When I met Carl, I wasn't a star - I was just dreaming of being one, so I know he doesn't love me because I'm famous."

Source femalefirst

Dolly Parton: ‘I Look Cheap’

DIVA Dolly Parton reckons she looks “cheap” — and insists she loves it when her fans try and emulate her look.

“We have a lot of people that dress up like me,” said the surgically-enhanced 9 to 5 hitmaker.

Dolly, 64, also revealed she’s keen to follow in the footsteps of reality TV star Heidi Montag by having ten cosmetic procedures done in one day.

“Oh, I would have probably done it when I was that age if I could have afforded it and thought I needed it,” she said.

“I’m open about surgery because people want to know. If you ask me about it, I’d rather tell you…. I’d rather you think I had plastic surgery than to think I was a liar.”

Dolly then defended singer/actress Jessica Simpson, who has faced criticism for being curvy.

“It hurts me,” she said. “In fact, I have defended Jessica so many times ’cause I get so mad. I think, ‘You don’t even know her!’… and who has such a right to be so cruel and so mean?

“They just seem to want to hurt her for whatever their reasons are. I’ve had been made fun of enough in my lifetime especially when I was a child… It hurts and I know it hurts anybody.”

Source showbizspy.com

I saw her the other day on a local news show promoting Dollywood. Way too much work on her face. She has that squinty eye big lip look that is so awful.

I love her! They say she looks totally different with her wig off . I saw her on tv one time saying that around the house she doesn't wear her wigs and her hair is pretty short. I would like to see that. At least she is still with her same husband. He isn't in the spotlight at all nor does he want to be! Maybe that is the trick in Hollywood to staying married!!!

He isn't in the spotlight at all nor does he want to be! Maybe that is the trick in Hollywood to staying married!!!

I think they've spoken about how they have an "open marriage." Sadly, that might be the trick in Hollywood to staying married - just accepting that you and your spouse are both going to end up sleeping with plenty of other people.