princess

Scarlett Johansson

Well, near the end of Ryan and Alannis's relationship, A bleached her hair blonde. Maybe he loves it when women change up the hair colouring...? This colour isn't far from Scarlett's real hair colour; funny it should look so badon her!

He’s Just Not That Into You’ woos box office

Romantic-comedy earns $27.5 million in debut weekend

msnbc.com

LOS ANGELES - Movie fans were into "He's Just Not That Into You" as the ensemble romance got a jump on Valentine's Day to lead the weekend box office with a $27.5 million debut, according to studio estimates Sunday.

The movie whose cast includes Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson, Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Connelly knocked off the previous weekend's top flick, the abduction thriller "Taken," which dropped to second place with $20.3 million.

With Valentine's Day falling in the middle of next weekend, the movie released by the Warner Bros. banner New Line Cinema is positioned for another solid showing, said Dan Fellman, head of distribution for Warner Bros.

"We're really walking into a terrific weekend. The biggest bump you can ever get for a romantic comedy is when Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday," Fellman said. "We'll see the girls, female power, drag the guys back in next Saturday."

"Taken," distributed by 20th Century Fox, raised its 10-day total to $53.4 million, its second-weekend gross dropping just 18 percent from its debut. Top films often can drop 50 percent or more in their second weekend.

Box office results

Estimated ticket sales for Feb. 6-8

1. "He's Just Not That Into You," $27.5 million

2. "Taken," $20.3 million

3. "Coraline," $16.3 million

4. "The Pink Panther 2," $12 million

5. "Paul Blart: Mall Cop," $11 million

6. "Push," $10.2 million

7. "Slumdog Millionaire," $7.4 million

8. "Gran Torino," $7.2 million

9. "The Uninvited," $6.4 million

10. "Hotel for Dogs," $5.8 million.

Two movies featuring Dakota Fanning opened in the top 10 — Focus Features' animated adventure "Coraline" at No. 3 with $16.3 million and Summit Entertainment's sci-fi thriller "Push" at No. 6 with $10.2 million.

Steve Martin's Inspector Clouseau bumbled through the weekend as "The Pink Panther 2" turned in a so-so $12 million debut to finish at No. 4. The Sony-MGM sequel came in well behind 2006's "The Pink Panther," which premiered with $20.2 million.

Hollywood continued its hot streak as the top 12 movies hauled in $131.4 million, up 46 percent from the same weekend last year, when the romantic comedy "Fool's Gold" was No. 1 with $21.6 million.

Overall revenues are just above $1.2 billion for the year and are running 19.4 percent ahead of 2008's, according to box-office tracker Media By Numbers.

"It seems like every film that's been opening has been doing better than expected, or many of them have," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of Media By Numbers. "I've not seen the start of a year this strong in my entire career."

Academy Awards front-runner "Slumdog Millionaire" continued to make good on its Oscar buzz, pulling in $7.4 million and raising its total to $77.4 million. The movie passed "Sideways" to take second-place on Fox Searchlight's list of highest-grossing films, behind "Juno" at $143 million.

In narrow release, the Weinstein Co. comedy "Fanboys" opened modestly with $164,000 in 44 theaters, averaging $3,727 a cinema. That compared to an $8,650 average in 3,175 theaters for "He's Just Not That Into You."

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Johansson: 'I'm Nothing Like Marilyn Monroe'

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlett Johansson has brushed off comparisons to Marilyn Monroe - insisting the only things she has in common with the late actress is her curvaceous figure and blonde hair.

The Vicky Cristina Barcelona star, 24, was first likened to Monroe after an advertising campaign for Dolce & Gabbana was revealed last month, in which Johansson poses seductively across silk bedsheets wearing just a corset.

But the star is adamant she wasn't trying to emulate Marilyn.

"We really weren't trying to recreate any particular image," she said. "It was just their idea of the iconic blonde, and naturally people think that's Marilyn Monroe.

"Having said that, I love Marilyn. I think she was incredibly beautiful and a very underrated actress.

"I am a curvy woman who is blonde, and perhaps we are both comfortable in our femininity, but I think that is as far as the comparison goes."

Source: showbizspy.com

Johansson: 'I'm Working With What I've Got'

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlett Johansson plans to make the best of her body while she has the chance.

The He's Just Not That Into You beauty - who recently posed in a proactive new ad campaign for Dolce & Gabbana make-up - intends to flaunt her fabulous physique before the aging process takes its toll.

She says, "Every actor wants to work on a Western. I would run a brothel, like a madam or something. I'm working with what I've got.

"It's only so long that people are going to want to see me in a corset. So I might as well do it now."

Johansson, 24, recently revealed she doesn't diet.

She said, "I have never been on a diet in my whole life.

"I've seen gyms only from the outside. I feel very comfortable with my body."

Source: showbizspy.com

Bored Blonde Scarlett Johansson

Scarlett Johansson changed her hair color because she was "bored" on a rainy day.

The naturally-blonde actress tired of her tresses and decided to go dark red because she was stuck at home with nothing to do.

She explained: "I was bored one day. It was raining and I was with a hairdresser friend and we just decided to colour my hair. We experimented with a few shades until we got the right one. I like it."

Despite her dramatic transformation, the 'Lost In Translation' star insists she has always been happy with her natural hair colour because it reminds her of her favourite Hollywood icons.

She added: "For a long time I've had really white-blonde hair. I'm naturally blonde - my dad is Danish - and I was playing up to it. I wanted to act out all those famous blonde icons - Lauren Bacall, Grace Kelly, Marilyn Monroe.

"Ever since I started on the red carpet, my idea of glamour was the Golden Age of Hollywood. I like to be feminine and give people what they want. The hair, the make-up, the gown, the diamonds. That, to me, is glamour."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

did anyone know she is playing black widow in Iron man 2? I actually was rooting for Iron Man 2 to be good. and she is about as naturally blond as I am.

Holy Moly daily mailout

http://www.holymoly.com/news/scarlett-joha...mango19381.html

Scarlett Johansson unveils sexy campaign and photos for Mango

Tue, 14/07/2009 - 11:40 By Mr. Holy Moly

Scarlett Johansson used to be an actress I think. Wasn't she in that film with Bill Murray that everyone pretended to like? Anyway, here she is unveiling her photo campaign for Spanish fashion chain Mango.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When did these kind of thing warrant an actual press launch? First we had David Beckham and Armani pretending they'd invented the cure for cancer, when instead they'd taken a photograph of a man in a pair of thirty(30) pound pants and now Scarlett standing in front of a backdrop as if she has just returned from Africa after singlehandedly saving dying babies from dysentery.

At least the old school cash hungry whores used to tootle off to Japan to do overpaid commercial work.

And look! Scarlett has ripped her stockings! What does that say about the quality of goods you can buy in Mango?! When I buy stockings for lovemaking purposes I fully expect them to be able to cope with something more rigorous than sitting on the floor of a pub. Shame on you Mango.

Scarlett Johansson's Sinatra Secret

Scarlett Johansson wants to be Frank Sinatra.

The 'Lost in Translation' star admits the Rat Pack singer-and-actor was one of her childhood heroes and she hopes to emulate his singing voice in the future.

She said: "I always wanted to be Frank Sinatra. Even as a little kid, I always thought I'd grow up and sound like Sinatra. I'm still waiting for that to happen.

"A lot of actors are great mimics anyway, and that can relate to music as well. I think all singers are acting, whether it's their lyrics or another writer's lyrics, they are performing. I don't think the two are dissimilar."

Despite her success, Scarlett - who is set to release her second album, 'The Break-Up', a series of duets with close friend Pete Yorn - admits she is still astonished when she lands big jobs.

She added to Britain's The Times newspaper: "That always shocks me, when I get hired for anything. Either as an actor or, in this case, a vocalist for hire.

"As soon as one project ends you never think you will get the chance again. I was just flattered that Pete thought of me and put the faith in me that I could creatively collaborate on anything."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Johansson Crippled By Stage Fright

SCARLETT JOHANSSON is putting off plans to appear on Broadway - because she suffers from "crippling" stage fright.

The actress admits treading the boards in New York is a dream of hers, but she has to overcome a phobia of performing live first.

The stagefright is made all the more surprising because Johansson happily appeared in numerous plays as a child actress.

She tells America's Glamour magazine, "I would love to work on Broadway, but I don't know that it would manifest itself in musical theatre... I have terrible stage fright that I'd have to get over. (It is) crippling. Not as a kid. It came on when I was a teenager, and I think it somehow sticks with you."

Source contactmusic

Scarlett Johansson "So Over" NYE Parties

Scarlett Johansson has vowed to stay in on December 31, declaring that she is "so over" New Year's Eve celebrations.

The Other Boleyn Girl actress said that she refuses to spend her final night of the decade at a party, and is instead planning to mark the occasion with a quiet night at home with husband Ryan Reynolds.

She told OK: "We're both working on New Year's Day anyway. So, we won't do much. You know, pizza would be nice, a little champagne. Maybe watch the Twilight Zone marathon. That's always a favorite for me.

"Going from one party to the next and surfing to find the right thing, and being in a taxicab when the clock strikes - I'm so over that stuff. At the ripe old age of 25.

"I have the most fun when I'm surrounded by people I love in one place that's comfortable and we can hear each other. You can play card games, watch movies - I'm happy."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Scarlett Johansson "So Over" NYE Parties

Scarlett Johansson has vowed to stay in on December 31, declaring that she is "so over" New Year's Eve celebrations.

The Other Boleyn Girl actress said that she refuses to spend her final night of the decade at a party, and is instead planning to mark the occasion with a quiet night at home with husband Ryan Reynolds.

She told OK: "We're both working on New Year's Day anyway. So, we won't do much. You know, pizza would be nice, a little champagne. Maybe watch the Twilight Zone marathon. That's always a favorite for me.

"Going from one party to the next and surfing to find the right thing, and being in a taxicab when the clock strikes - I'm so over that stuff. At the ripe old age of 25.

"I have the most fun when I'm surrounded by people I love in one place that's comfortable and we can hear each other. You can play card games, watch movies - I'm happy."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

yeah, right. Maybe we should start a pool as to how many places she will be spotted tomorrow.

Johansson's Broadway Lover Replaced After Concussion

SCARLETT JOHANSSON has been forced to swap her leading man and love interest in Broadway's A VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE before opening night - actor SANTINO FONTANA has bowed out after suffering a concussion onstage.

Billy Elliot star Fontana was set to appear as Rodolpho on 24 January (10), opposite Johansson - who will make her Broadway debut in the Arthur Miller play.

The star suffered an onstage head injury during previews last week (begs04Jan10), prompting theatre bosses to cast understudy Morgan Spector in the role while Fontana recovered.

Spector took the stage alongside the blonde beauty on Thursday (07Jan10).

But now Fontana has bowed out of the show entirely.

A statement from the actor reads, "It comes with a great deal of sadness that I make the decision to not return to this production. Knowing that I would not be fully recovered and able to return until after opening, I've chosen to withdraw with great respect to my fellow actors and to my own health."

Source contactmusic

Scarlett Johansson Auctions Self For Haiti

Scarlett Johansson has joined the list of celebrities urging the public to help the survivors of the Haiti earthquake.

According to Access Hollywood, the Lost In Translation star is auctioning the opportunity for four people to attend her Broadway play A View From The Bridge on January 24.

The auction also includes the chance to meet Johansson at an after-party.

All proceeds from the auction will be donated to Oxfam's Haiti Earthquake Response Fund.

Other stars who have spoken out to support relief efforts include Madonna, who has written to her fans urging help, Sandra Bullock, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and Wyclef Jean.

A telethon organised by George Clooney and endorsed by numerous stars will be broadcast on January 22.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Scarlett Johansson sells up

Scarlett Johansson is set for a massive loss on the sale of her Los Angeles mansion - she's dropped the price of her Hollywood Hills home by $2 million.

The actress, who married Ryan Reynolds in 2008, bought the four-bedroom Spanish-style property for $7 million in 2007.

Johansson, 25, has now put it back on the market and she's dropped the asking price to just under $5 million - meaning she will make a multi-million dollar loss on the sale, according to property website RealEstalker.com.

The 1931 estate boasts five bathrooms, massive gardens, and a private swimming pool and spa. The actress also renovated the property, adding a solar-power system to make the house environmentally-friendly.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

http://realestalker.blogspot.com/2010/02/s...se-of-real.html

YOUR MAMAS NOTES: Your Mama would like the children to put on their thinking caps and try to remember way back in April of 2009 when Your Mama floated the real estate rumor that actress Scarlett Johansson (He's Just Not That Into You, Vicky Christina Barcelona, The Other Boleyn Girl, Lost In Translation) was gearing up to list her Los Angeles crib. Our trusted informant Winnie Baygo snitched that the asking price was going to be, "around $5,100,000."

It only took 10 months, but Miss Johansson did finally and indeed list her house but not with an asking price of $5,100,000 but rather–are y'all sitting down with an especially stiff cocktail?–$4,950,000. Did anyone just hear Your Mama gasp and fall right down on the floor with with convulsions of shock and awe? Well, we did.

See puppies, Miss Johansson–who is also Missus Ryan Reynolds–purchased her 1931 Spanish style casa in the Outpost Estates neighborhood in May of 2007 for $7,000,000. That's right, seven million smackers. A couple quick flicks of the well worn beads of our bejeweled abacus reveals that even if ol' Lady Luck takes up Miss Johansson's real estate cause as a special case and the bee-stung lipped star manages to land a buyer willing to pay the full asking price she'll still be taking a financial blood bath to the tune of $2,050,000. And that, butter beans, is not even counting the boo-coo bucks she's laid out on what listing information calls the recently completed "extraordinary restoration" that included all new windows and doors and "massive system upgrades" including installation of a solar system for all the electric stuff. It also does not count the fat real estate fees she'll be forking over to her super successful celebrity friendly real estate agent that could easily be another two hundred grand.

We're positive some of you real estate Chicken Littles will jump for joy and puff your chests out with righteousness at the 28% drop between what Miss Johansson paid and its current asking price. But all Your Mama can think about is that most people won't ever even have two and some million clams let alone that much money to lose on a damn house because they caught a serious case of The Real Estate Fickle that seems to plague rich and famous people. What is wrong with these people? Honestly. We don't understand why Miss Johansson and Mister Reynolds don't just suck it up and live in this damn house even if its not the house of their Barbie dreams. Isn't that better than losing a couple million bucks? No? Yes?

Anyhoo, listing information indicates Miss Johansson's walled and gated mini-manse measures 4,352 square feet and includes 4 bedrooms and 5.5 poopers. According to the taxman, the house has 7 bedrooms and 7 poopers. We're not sure why that discrepancy but it might be that the larger numbers include the staff quarters and/or that one or more of the original bedrooms has been put to use as something other than a bedroom.

The driveway of the double gated property passes under a porte cochere and leads around to the motor court and four car garage. Many of the interior rooms, including the living room and dining room open to a loggia that wraps around a vast atrium space with tile floors and a soaring glass ceiling. Your Mama can only hope that glass ceiling is treated with some sort of reflective material and/or that electronic shades have been installed to modulate and ward off the harsh rays of the southern California sunshine otherwise that atrium will heat up and go hoo-mid like a damn hot house.

It appears to Your Mama that the kitchen has been recently remodeled by Miss Johansson and her team of nice, gay decorators. Complementing what may or may not be the original teal tile work are lower cabinets in a matching teal and white upper cabinets. According to listing information, the cooker is kitted out with "Big Chill" style appliances, which means they look retro. Not a choice Your Mama would have made for a five million clam casa but maybe Miss Johansson likes retro. At least some of the property's poopers retain their original tile and fixtures. One, according to listing photos, has yellow tile with green accents and another has pink tile installed all the way up the walls and over the barrel vaulted ceiling. This pooper has green tile accents and a yellow sink and bathtub. It's all a little visually assaulting and somewhat disturbing to imagine being nood in, but it's also kind of great if you care for a quirky vintage look.

Terraces with canyon and city views at the back of the house cascade down the hillside and there is a a long, dark bottomed lap pool and spa, winding gravel and rock lined pathways, several grassy areas and gardens.

We're not even sure Miss Johansson ever occupied this house in any kind of meaningful way because as sure as we are that there's a couple of bottles of gin chilling in the freezer right this very minute we know that the interiors of this house were staged. We'd be surprised if Miss Johansson or Mister Reynolds owned a stick of the furniture or a swatch of the fabrics in the house. Had the two of them occupied the house–and maybe they did, maybe they didn't, what do we know?–they would have been surrounded by famous neighbors including the soon to be single Charlize Theron, happily married Desperate Housewife Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy, Orlando Bloom, and director David Lynch.

This is not the first time in recent real estate memory that Miss Johansson has taken a loss selling a property. In April of 2008 she sold her 66 Leonard Street loft for $52,000 less than the $1,950,000 she paid for the place in January of 2006.

In the spring of 2009, when all this whispering about Miss Johansson selling her house Los Angeles began, Your Mama had a chit chat with The Easter Bunny who told us that he heard through the celebrity gossip grapevine that Miss Johansson and her huzzbund Mister Reynolds were hightailing it to Noo York City where, in April of 2008, she forked over $2,100,000 for a 2 bedroom and 2 pooper penthouse apartment on East 53rd Street.

Why would she sell now??? Why not wait until the market improves? Suck it up a little, and see what happens?

(Okay, so I'm asking these questions as though she was of normal intelligence.)

Johansson: 'Wedding Was Like A Drug Deal'

Scarlett Johannson has compared arranging her wedding to doing a drug deal.

The actress, who married Ryan Reynolds in 2008, explained that she had tried to keep the ceremony private.

Speaking to David Letterman, she explained: "I got married in a very remote part of Canada. Well, that's probably most of Canada!

"It's absolutely unbelievable. I mean, where we got married there were bears and whales and eagles."

Johannson added: "I never thought that I'd be planning my wedding in, like, a dark alley somewhere, but it's turned out that way. It was really quite secretive and I felt like I was doing a drug deal without all the fun.

"We tried to be very private about it and it seemed to pay off. There was a moment - it was at the edge of earth, absolutely the middle of nowhere, but we did have helicopters. That was terrifying."

Source digitalspy.co.uk