princess

Scarlett Johansson

Posted Image

People.com: EXIT STRATEGY

Together, but separate: Josh Hartnett and Scarlett Johansson take careful steps to avoid being photographed next to each other as the couple leave their SoHo hotel in downtown Manhattan on Saturday.

She can do so much better than him. He's got this weird sketchy look about him and I just don't like it. She should move up to George Clooney or something. I mean, let's face it, he's no Emile Hirsch.

Yo, Mami: Wilmer and Scarlett in the Hamptons

Posted Jul 5th 2006 3:48PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Gossip/ Rumors

Posted Image

Could Wilmer Valderrama's unlikely charms be at work on yet another unsuspecting young Hollywood starlet? And just whose hand is it that's draped slinkily around Wilmer's neck?

More on the hand in a minute. The former sitcom star was seen cavorting in the Hamptons with none other than 21-year-old Scarlett Johansson at his side. TMZ spies spotted the pair on Monday night early on at Stereo House, and then later at celeb-boite Star Room, where Wilmer was hosting the 10th anniversary of a party called, somewhat dubiously, "Back Door Bambi."

Though TMZ's eyes and ears didn't notice any canoodling between Valderrama and Johansson, the pair did seem to stay very close to one another most of the evening, and were noticeably camera- and query-shy. Nonetheless, the ex-Fez, who's had well-publicized (and fondly-remembered) dalliances with Lindsay Lohan, Mandy Moore, and others, appears to have a diverse array of beauties within his reach: a natural blonde (Scarlett), a darker brunette, and another brunette, whose presence Scarlett doesn't seem to sanction enthusiastically.

As for the hand, we hate to disappoint, but it doesn't take an orthopedic surgeon to see that it can't be matched to Scarlett, unless she's developed very long (and apparently rubber) limbs.

Josh gives a damn, Scarlett

Ben Widdicombe, Gatecrasher

NY Daily News

How thrilled would you be if your girlfriend was hanging out with Wilmer Valderrama?

Probably about as thrilled as Josh Hartnett, who seemed a little anxious on Monday when the noted Hollywood swordsman flew Scarlett Johansson out to be with him in the Hamptons.

"Wilmer was out there for a party and arranged for a helicopter for Scarlett to come out, too," says a snitch. "It was just to hang out, but Josh was not psyched about it."

Valderrama was hosting a party at the Star Room, after which the two stars left to attend a friend's birthday celebration at the club Boutique.

Although the rendezvous was innocent, partygoers report that Josh kept calling his lady love on her cell phone.

"Finally Scarlett just handed her phone to Wilmer and said, 'Talk to Josh. Tell him we're friends.'"

No doubt that made him feel heaps better.

For some reason, that story made me laugh. :wacko:

Me too.Hartnett better hang on to her for dear life.

If this story is true, she seems to take the feelings of her significant (or insignificant) other extremely lightly. Maybe he's just a placeholder or she figures when they are apart anything goes?

If story is true...Joshie needs to kick her ass to the curb! I woudn't want my female to hang with that little bastard either. :angry:

Didn't Scarlett say something about not being the marrying kind / not wanting to be too serious with a guy? She's the hottest thing going right now; don't see why she'd waste herself on Wilmer of all people. I think she's just feeling and enjoying her power. And I say more power to her.

Josh gives a damn, Scarlett

Ben Widdicombe, Gatecrasher

NY Daily News

How thrilled would you be if your girlfriend was hanging out with Wilmer Valderrama?

Probably about as thrilled as Josh Hartnett, who seemed a little anxious on Monday when the noted Hollywood swordsman flew Scarlett Johansson out to be with him in the Hamptons.

"Wilmer was out there for a party and arranged for a helicopter for Scarlett to come out, too," says a snitch. "It was just to hang out, but Josh was not psyched about it."

Valderrama was hosting a party at the Star Room, after which the two stars left to attend a friend's birthday celebration at the club Boutique.

Although the rendezvous was innocent, partygoers report that Josh kept calling his lady love on her cell phone.

"Finally Scarlett just handed her phone to Wilmer and said, 'Talk to Josh. Tell him we're friends.'"

No doubt that made him feel heaps better.

HOLD UP!! I'm a little slow sometimes....Wilmer Valdewhatever is arranging helicopters? What is he the Latin Diddy or something? Geez, something's wrong with that!

HOLD UP!! I'm a little slow sometimes....Wilmer Valdewhatever is arranging helicopters? What is he the Latin Diddy or something? Geez, something's wrong with that!

I can't stop laughing. Best snark I've read all week!

Didn't Scarlett say something about not being the marrying kind / not wanting to be too serious with a guy? She's the hottest thing going right now; don't see why she'd waste herself on Wilmer of all people. I think she's just feeling and enjoying her power. And I say more power to her.

I agree.

I'm watching Scarlett Johansson in A Love Song for Bobby. I was surprised because after watching her in Match Point I was wondering if maybe it was simply hype about her being a good actress. I thought her performance in MP seemed bland much of the time but I like her performance in ALSFB.

Edited by WiLdFiRe

I agree about Matchpoint, not her best role. However I really thought the script could have used more work also. I remember thinking as I'm watching the movie that everyone is speaking their lines and not feeling them. There were a few scenes that showed promise, but the blandness of the performances really killed this movie. That may or may not have been the actors fault entirely however. I also remember Scarlet telling a story about Woody. They would be on set doing some really intense scene (Intense? I get angrier when the soda machine eats my dollar!), Woody would yell cut and ask her something personal. It's that little thing that made me think that he just had his eye on Scarlet and could care less about the movie. I don't have high hopes for Scoop.

I agree about Matchpoint, not her best role. However I really thought the script could have used more work also. I remember thinking as I'm watching the movie that everyone is speaking their lines and not feeling them. There were a few scenes that showed promise, but the blandness of the performances really killed this movie. That may or may not have been the actors fault entirely however. I also remember Scarlet telling a story about Woody. They would be on set doing some really intense scene (Intense? I get angrier when the soda machine eats my dollar!), Woody would yell cut and ask her something personal. It's that little thing that made me think that he just had his eye on Scarlet and could care less about the movie. I don't have high hopes for Scoop.

Thats why I can't understand why she wanted to do more movies with him. Unless she thought he could help her career. Which doesn't make her look very good, imo. I agree that Scoop will more than likely bomb at the box office. Won't that be (atleast) her third box office flop in a row? Two of them WH movies. If that doesn't tell her to cut ties with him professionally atleast, then she's dumber than people have said. :wacko: Maybe she wants her career to tank?? Does she even like acting? Or is she in it just because her parents got her involved? I also doubt The Nanny Diaries will be a hit. The media is really going to go after her now that she keeps having flop after flop at the box office. There must be so many dirty remarks out there about her & WH. -_- -_- Edited by WiLdFiRe

justjarad.comAnd God Created ScarlettAnd Woody saw that she was good. Their second collaboration, Scoop, is just one highlight in a summer calendar jam-packed with cultural thrills. Scarlett Johansson and Woody Allen take the July 3 - 10, 2006 cover of New York Magazine's "The Summer Issue." Full article after the jump; bigger pictures in the gallery! And God Created Scarlett New York Magazine, July 3 - 01, 2006It’s a classic summer dilemma: Nebbish guy meets beautiful girl—say, on a beach—and struggles to find some way, any way, to impress her. Not having washboard abs or bulging pecs or nonprescription sunglasses, he relies on what he does possess—smarts. Normally this story does not end well. But every once in a while (or so nebbish mythology tells us), the guy strives and strains to impress the girl and she, in turn, inspires him to come up with something extraordinary: a witty joke. Then the woman laughs, the two click, and something quite wonderful starts up between them.Now, Woody Allen doesn’t seem like he spends much time surfside. And Scarlett Johansson’s idea of summer in the city is “to get inside as soon as possible,” though she will be shuttling out to the Hamptons to film The Nanny Diaries (also why she’s gone brunette). Furthermore, their flirtation is strictly professional, played out on London film sets rather than hot sand.Still, you can’t help imagining that Woody has been trying harder than ever to be funny for the sake of a beautiful woman—and it’s paid off. His two films with Johansson, Match Point and the forthcoming Scoop (July 28), have been his best in years. Scoop is old-school Allen comedy—a murder mystery solved by an aging magician (guess who) and a naïve young blonde (Johansson)—peppered with vintage-Woody one-liners. On how he maintains his svelte figure, his character responds, “I never gain an ounce. My anxiety acts like aerobics.” And then there’s his religious biography. “I was born into the Hebrews,” he stutters, “but as I got older, I converted to narcissism.”When asked if he wrote those lines to impress Johansson, Woody doesn’t disagree—but he offers a caveat: “It’s very hard to be extra witty around a sexually overwhelming, beautiful young woman who is wittier than you are. Anytime I say anything amusing, Scarlett tops me.”“It’s our shtick,” says Johansson, describing their update on the old Billy Wilder–Marilyn Monroe routine, in which Allen plays the mischievous old wiseacre and Johansson sunnily gives as good as she gets. After they hit it off on the set of Match Point, ribbing each other ceaselessly, Johansson told Woody she’d love to act with him onscreen—and Woody drummed up a script in a matter of months.“He has a giant brain, which he says is due to the fact that he tried to impress the girls when he was younger,” she says. “But that’s not true. He has a genuine thirst for knowledge. And he’s a very passionate person about work and music and all kinds of things—certainly about women.”Scoop is also a romance (with Hugh Jackman as the leading man, and not Woody, in case you were worried), and Johansson says she’s been surprised to find that Woody’s “actually very sweet and thoughtful and romantic, in his own strange way.”Of course, part of their shtick is that the two compliment each other to the point of absurdity. Allen, film’s most famous atheist, has even said Scarlett was “touched by God.” So has Scarlett made Woody a believer?“I can only quote myself from the movie Manhattan,” he says. “Scarlett is God’s answer to Job. God would say, ‘I’ve created a terrifying and horrible universe, but I can also make one of these, so stop complaining.’ ”

Whether or not she likes acting is not really an issue in my view. She doesn't have a college education according to IMDB and really, what other job will pay her millions for 2 to 3 months of work? As to being in flops, well there are quite a few young actresses in hollywood who do the same thing and keep getting parts. One thing I found surprising is that she was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which I believe means she can vote for oscars. I think the biggest thing she has going for her is her curves and boobs. She looks good on screen and this is a huge part of her appeal.

Whether or not she likes acting is not really an issue in my view. She doesn't have a college education according to IMDB and really, what other job will pay her millions for 2 to 3 months of work? As to being in flops, well there are quite a few young actresses in hollywood who do the same thing and keep getting parts. One thing I found surprising is that she was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which I believe means she can vote for oscars. I think the biggest thing she has going for her is her curves and boobs. She looks good on screen and this is a huge part of her appeal.

Not to mention, that lately, she knows how to pick a project. When you have Lost In Translation, Girl With A Pearl Earring, and Match Point back to back, you must be doing something right. Oh, and In Good Company too. The Perfect Score doesn't count.I don't think she's positioning herself to be some huge female movie star like Julia Roberts or Reese Witherspoon, I think she's looking to be remembered as a critically-accalimed, Oscar-winning actress. Props to her, I love those actresses much more. Plus, I do think she has a lot of talent. Acting does come naturally to some people, and I believe Scarlett and Lindsay Lohan have huge potential.

She's only 21 so I can't blame her for not wanting to get too serious. I would be annoyed if the guy I was dating kept calling while I was at a party simply because he was jealous. If a person is going to cheat, behavior like that won't stop them. It may even push them to cheat or break up with the person. Edited by WiLdFiRe

One thing I found surprising is that she was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which I believe means she can vote for oscars.

She says she studied at the Lee Strasberg Institute from age 8-11. Maybe that is why.

She's only 21 so I can't blame her for not wanting to get too serious. I would be annoyed if the guy I was dating kept calling while I was at a party simply because he was jealous. If a person is going to cheat, behavior like that won't stop them. It may even push them to cheat or break up with the person.
Right, but if she really cared about him...she also wouldn't have taken her ass off to that party. And I agree, Josh is a wuss...if she goes to the party, Josh should've told her ass to keep going!

She's only 21 so I can't blame her for not wanting to get too serious. I would be annoyed if the guy I was dating kept calling while I was at a party simply because he was jealous. If a person is going to cheat, behavior like that won't stop them. It may even push them to cheat or break up with the person.
Right, but if she really cared about him...she also wouldn't have taken her ass off to that party. And I agree, Josh is a wuss...if she goes to the party, Josh should've told her ass to keep going!
Maybe she's trying to annoy him to the point that he'll break up with her? :wacko:

Johansson Joins Portman for Period Piece Lost in Translation star Scarlett Johansson has joined Natalie Portman and Eric Bana for The Other Boleyn Girl. The film is based on Philippa Gregory's historical novel, with Johansson and Garden State star Portman playing two fiercely ambitious sisters, Mary and Ann Boleyn, who were rivals for the heart of 16th century British monarch King Henry VIII, played by Munich actor Bana. Executives from BBC Films, which originally acquired the book rights and made a 2003 TV film starring Natascha McElhone and Jared Harris, are also producing the project. Filming is scheduled to begin this autumn in London, with Justin Chadwick slated to direct.

Johansson Joins Portman for Period Piece Lost in Translation star Scarlett Johansson has joined Natalie Portman and Eric Bana for The Other Boleyn Girl. The film is based on Philippa Gregory's historical novel, with Johansson and Garden State star Portman playing two fiercely ambitious sisters, Mary and Ann Boleyn, who were rivals for the heart of 16th century British monarch King Henry VIII, played by Munich actor Bana. Executives from BBC Films, which originally acquired the book rights and made a 2003 TV film starring Natascha McElhone and Jared Harris, are also producing the project. Filming is scheduled to begin this autumn in London, with Justin Chadwick slated to direct.

OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED THAT THEY'RE MAKING THIS INTO A MOVIE!

I finally saw Match Point the other day and I have to say...not a fan of her work in it. Maybe it was the script, maybe it was creepy Woody, but I just cringed every time she opened her mouth.