Temptrous

Gisele Bundchen

And what happens when the kid arrives and its personality (or looks) don't match the name you picked out ahead of time? You can't make it go through life with that kind of mismatch. Heck - that happens to me with cars, for heaven's sake. I assume with kids it's an order of magnitude difference ;-)

I like Benjamin, if that's what they picked. It's alliterative, but in a nice, not-too-corny way.

Edited by Hoyaheel

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen finally name their son

Finally coming to an agreement when it comes to naming their newborn baby boy, Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen are enjoying their family’s newest addition, Benjamin Brady.

The Victoria’s Secret beauty gave birth to her first child with the New England Patriots quarterback back on December 8th, but had since been struggling to name their bundle of joy.

Revealing the choice of Benjamin earlier today, Miss Bundchen wrote to her fans: “Hello! I want to thank you all with all my heart for the immense love I have received here on the website. It is a pleasure to receive messages from each one of you here. I am living a very special moment in my life, Benjamin is a blessing and I could not be happier. I would also like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and 2010 with lots of light!

Kisses Gisele”

Source ONTD

Tom Brady: Marriage, Kids Don't Hurt My Career

Tom Brady has a message to critics who say the Patriots' recent losses have anything to do with his personal life: Back off!

"Hopefully because I got married, that doesn't effect the way I play quarterback," Brady, 32, said in his weekly radio interview with the Dennis & Callahan show on WEEI Sports Radio. "That's not something I've thought much about ... That my performance as a football player is going to go down because I got married or I had children."

Critics have said that Brady, who led his team through an undefeated season in 2007 before losing the Superbowl to the New York Giants, has seemed distracted this year.

But Brady, who married supermodel Gisele Bündchen in two ceremonies in Santa Monica and Costa Rica last year, and welcomed a new baby, Benjamin, in December, disagrees.

"It's funny for me – there's not a lot of things going on in my life other than my career and my family," he said. "I think my life is very focused," he added.

And there's no doubt about his priorities. "I prioritized with the things that are important to me. That's my family and my football career. There's nothing other than that."

Source People

Gisele Bündchen: I Had a Water Birth

Only weeks after giving birth to baby Benjamin, Gisele Bündchen is already back to work – and looking hot as ever.

On Jan. 25, the supermodel was shooting a campaign for Brazilian fashion label Colicci in Boston, where she was visited by a reporter from Brazilian magazine Fantástico, who reported the new mom looked radiant, beautiful and as "in shape as always, six weeks after the birth of her baby."

She's also not shy about discussing baby Benjamin, her son with husband Tom Brady, who was born Dec. 8. In the interview, Bündchen dispels reports that she went into labor and was taken to a Boston-area hospital. Instead, she says, "I gave birth in the bathtub," at the couple's Beacon Hill penthouse.

"Gisele gives off simplicity, spirituality, shows that she has concern with living well, being happy and, now, with being an excellent mom," the reporter recounts in a preview of Fantástico's interview. "From what I saw in the interview, I'd say she's right on track."

Source People

Gisele Bündchen: I Had a Water Birth

Only weeks after giving birth to baby Benjamin, Gisele Bündchen is already back to work – and looking hot as ever.

On Jan. 25, the supermodel was shooting a campaign for Brazilian fashion label Colicci in Boston, where she was visited by a reporter from Brazilian magazine Fantástico, who reported the new mom looked radiant, beautiful and as "in shape as always, six weeks after the birth of her baby."

She's also not shy about discussing baby Benjamin, her son with husband Tom Brady, who was born Dec. 8. In the interview, Bündchen dispels reports that she went into labor and was taken to a Boston-area hospital. Instead, she says, "I gave birth in the bathtub," at the couple's Beacon Hill penthouse.

"Gisele gives off simplicity, spirituality, shows that she has concern with living well, being happy and, now, with being an excellent mom," the reporter recounts in a preview of Fantástico's interview. "From what I saw in the interview, I'd say she's right on track."

Source People

My niece was born via at-home water birth and it was a wonderful experience for everyone. The midwife was the only 'medical' person. My sister-in-law reported that she & my brother loved being able to remain home rather than having to travel to a hospital.

Gisele Bündchen: My Son Benjamin Is the 'Biggest Miracle'

Gisele Bündchen is proudly showing off pictures of her 3-month-old son Benjamin on her official Web site – and the supermodel is just as open about how he's changed her life.

"Giving birth was the most intense and life-changing experience," Bündchen, 29, writes. "I am blessed to have been able to have a home birth surrounded by love, where I was able to feel safe. It was a powerful experience. I never felt so vulnerable but so strong at the same time."

"I was so present to witness the biggest miracle in my life happen before my very own eyes," her post continues. "To give life to another being – what a gift!"

When baby Benjamin, the supermodel's first son with husband Tom Brady, was placed in her arms, "I looked into his precious eyes and felt an overwhelming, unconditional love," she writes. "I felt a huge sense of accomplishment . . . I never felt so complete and empowered in my life."

Bündchen also credits her mother, Vania, for being such a positive role model. "I grew up witnessing my mother always trying her best at doing all she could for the 6 of us girls. My mom devoted her entire life to her family and did it with such grace," she writes. "She is my hero. She is the reason why I believe that a woman is the core of a family."

Continues the supermodel: "I can only hope to be for my kids what she will and always be for us – our rock."

Source People

Bundchen: 'I Felt Like ET After Baby'

Gisele Bundchen has described herself as looking like ET.

The supermodel, who recently gave birth to son Benjamin, said that she felt uncomfortable going to a modelling shoot for the first time after her pregnancy.

Bundchen told Vogue magazine: "I got to the studio and I felt like I was ET - whoa, what's going on? Hair and make-up? I hadn't looked at myself in a mirror for a month and a half. I'd been in my house, in a cocoon with my kids, my husband, my dogs.

"Usually, as I walk through the door into that atmosphere, I already feel different. There's a button that goes On and I'm On. And when I go On, there is almost no me; there is just a character who is doing all this. This time it wasn't like that.

"I got a little bit concerned because I wasn't feeling it. Make-up was done, hair was done, and I looked in the mirror and I still wasn't seeing the person who's a model."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Gisele Bundchen empowered by giving birth

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen meditated throughout her home delivery and reveals the whole experience of giving birth was amazing and empowering.

The Brazilian superstar has dismissed reports she went into labor at a Boston, Massachusetts hospital, insisting it was always her dream to have a water birth at home - and everything went to plan when she became a first-time mom in December 2009.

Speaking at length for the first time about the day baby Benjamin - her son with husband Tom Brady - was born, Bundchen tells Vogue magazine, "I wanted to experience the transformation. . . It was the most amazing experience of my life, feeling him (son) come through my body. And once he was born, I never felt so empowered as looking at him and thinking, 'Oh, my God, we did it together!'"

The model admits Benjamin wasn't her first choice for a name: "I wanted him to be called River because I wanted something always flowing, immortal.

"My husband said, 'There's no way we're going to call him River.' But my father's name is Reinoldo, so it's an homage to him. And it's like water."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iSs6JjKL

Gisele Bundchen Wants Big Family

Gisele Bundchen wants to have more children.

The Brazilian supermodel says four-month-old Benjamin, her son with her American footballer husband Tom Brady, has enriched her life so much she definitely wants more kids and claims she "couldn't care less" about the impact more pregnancies could have on her body.

She said: "I want to have lots of children. It doesn't matter if my body changes. It is the most marvellous thing. For example, they sometimes say that your breasts begin to sag, but I couldn't care less."

Since Benjamin was born Gisele admits her priorities have changed and although she is still focused on her fashion career, raising her son is her main concern.

She added to Britain's Hello! magazine: "I'm not quitting the catwalk nor giving up my career as a model. I'm simply going to slow down because I want to spend more time with my son.

"Benjamin is the loveliest thing. He's incredible. The love feel for him is indescribable. All I want in life is to be a good mother. I want to teach him good values, which is the most important thing a mother can give to her child."

Source femalefirst

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...g-comments.html

Gisele Bundchen forced to apologise over breastfeeding comments

The fashion model Gisele Bundchen has been forced to make a public apology after her call for an international breastfeeding law prompted maternal outcry.

Supermodel Gisele Bundchen: breastfeeding should be made law

Gisele Bundchen believes mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months

In her blog, Bundchen, a 30-year-old Brazilian, insisted she was not trying to judge other mothers who fed their offspring from a bottle.

She said: "My intention in making a comment about the importance of breastfeeding has nothing to do with the law."

Bundchen, one of the modelling world's biggest stars, was back to work posing in swimwear only six weeks after giving birth seven months ago to her son, Benjamin.

In an interview with Harper's Bazaar magazine, she said breastfeeding the baby – albeit for just three weeks - had helped her to recover her figure.

Criticising mothers who chose instead to give bottled milk to their babies, she said: "There should be a worldwide law, in my opinion, that mothers should breastfeed their babies for six months."

She added: "Some people here [in the US] think they don't have to breast-feed and I think, 'Are you going to give chemical food to your children when they are so little?'" Bundchen also claimed she meditated throughout her labour, which helped her deal with the pain, and practised kung fu during her pregnancy.

Meditation "prepared me mentally and physically. I wasn't expecting someone else to get the baby out of me," she told the magazine.

The intervention of a millionaire mother who can afford the most pampered care prompted widespread anger among women on the internet.

Some experts applauded her support for breastfeeding but stressed that some women cannot do it for medical reasons.

Dr Manny Alvarez, a gynaecologist at Hackensack University Medical Centre in New Jersey, told Fox News: "For Gisele to give a public statement like that is unfair to other mothers. There are maternal and fetal challenges to breastfeeding."

Stung by the criticism, Bundchen said that she understood that "everyone has their own experience and opinions, and I am not here to judge I think as mothers we are all just trying our best".

Uh, you were more than 5 months short there Gisele. Dipshit.

I think someone should hook her up with Gwyneth Paltrow. I think they'd be best buddies and they could bond over discussing which if them is more perfect.

In an interview with Harper's Bazaar magazine, she said breastfeeding the baby – albeit for just three weeks - had helped her to recover her figure.

It's statements like this that make me question her true motives for breastfeeding in the first place.

:rolleyes: Come on!!! She's a dumb model! Why would anyone listen to her?

lol..see the earlier posts in the thread, when I stated she was a dumbass. At least she does of great job of proving my theory about her being a dumbass, over and over again. :4biggrin: