princess

Martha Stewart

COUNTING DAYS

Page Six

MARTHA Stewart isn't out of the slammer, but she's already flying her hairstylist in for a consultation before her release next month. Sources say the domestic diva, now at Alderson prison in West Viginia, flew celebrity hairdresser Frederic Fekkai down on a private jet to seek his advice on restoring her signature blond mane. According to insiders, Martha regularly wears a bandanna to cover what's left of it. "Her hair is looking much different these days," said a spy. "Think Robert Blake, once prison authorities took away his black hair dye."

MARTHA BORROWS CIRQUE CHEF Page SIxMARTHA Stewart ? starved for gourmet cuisine after five months of prison food ? has hired Pierre Schaedelin, the once and future chef at Le Cirque, to cook for her during her period of house arrest to follow her release next month.Sirio Maccioni, who closed Le Cirque 2000 on New Year's Eve after becoming disenchanted with his landlord at the landmark Villard Houses in the New York Palace Hotel, hasn't yet leased a new space where Schaedelin can work his magic.But Stewart, who is expected to be released from her jail cell in West Virginia in the first week of March, asked Maccioni if she could hire him in the meantime."She asked me and I said yes," said Maccioni, who was a little vague on exactly what Schaedelin, 36, will actually do for her. "He'll be cooking for her and working on recipes," said Maccioni, who wasn't sure whether the chef would be appearing on Stewart's TV shows.Schaedelin ? an Alsatian who loves olive oil, raw food and his mother's choucroute ? was in Mexico yesterday at Maccioni's restaurant there. A cooking fanatic, he once told Interview magazine, "When I was a kid my mom bought me a chef's hat." Stewart's spokeswoman declined to comment on Schaedelin's employment.Meanwhile, Stewart is going to be even busier than ever when she gets to her estate in Bedford, where she'll be holed up under house arrest until August.Besides the "Apprentice"-like reality show with Mark Burnett and Donald Trump, she'll be writing for Martha Stewart Living magazine and launching an upscale clothing and furniture line."Now you will be able to live and dress like Martha ? a success," said an insider.There's no word on where the clothes or furniture will be sold, but it most likely won't be at Kmart, which sells Martha Stewart brand sheets, household products and other items. Kmart is believed to be too down-market for the new luxury lines.The insider added, "Susan Lyne [the new head of MSO] is behind it all. She is a genius ? she is the one who came up with 'Desperate Housewives' for ABC, just before ABC fired her."A rep for Stewart said: "Martha has always had a furniture line called Signature and Kmart will be adding a Ready to Assemble line. I can't comment on the clothing line."

EOnline.com HOMECOMING: Domestic diva Martha Stewart expected to be released from prison as early as Friday and begin her six months of in-house probation.

NY Times

Martha Stewart, the wealthy entrepreneur whose corporate and personal worlds were rocked last year by a felony conviction, was heading home early today after spending five months at the minimum-security federal women’s prison in Alderson, W.Va.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Page Six

MOCKING MARTHA

AN antidote to the "Save Martha" pro-Martha Stewart Web site has hit the Internet. Realmartha.com launched two days after the domestic diva was sprung from Alderson. Founder Shawn Auer told PAGE SIX, "She's a convicted felon. With all the talk about her business being bigger and better after prison, we wanted to stop her from making a mockery of the whole judicial system." The site will link to unflattering articles about her.

Stewart Says Prison Nickname 'M. Diddy' AP Tue Jul 05, 2:53 PM ETMartha Stewart says in a new interview that her nickname in prison was M. Diddy, that house arrest is "hideous" and that her prosecution was about bringing her down "to scare other people." In the interview, Stewart tells Vanity Fair magazine she agrees with those who say her crime lying about a personal stock sale is far different from massive corporate scandals such as Enron, WorldCom and Tyco. "Of course that is what it's all about," Vanity Fair quotes Stewart as saying. "Bring 'em down a notch, to scare other people. If Martha can be sent to jail, think hard before you sell that stock." Stewart, 63, is serving a five-month term of house arrest at her Bedford, N.Y., estate that followed five months in a West Virginia federal prison. She is scheduled to go free early next month. "I hate lockdown. It's hideous," Stewart tells the August issue of the magazine, on newsstands July 12. Asked about the electronic monitoring device she must wear on her ankle she has complained repeatedly that it irritates her skin Stewart says she knows how to remove it. "I watched them put it on. You can figure out how to get it off," she is quoted as saying. "It's on the Internet. I looked it up." Her publicist's eyes "widened with alarm" when Stewart made the remark. The article didn't say whether Stewart claimed ever to have taken off the device. Still, Stewart appears to take house arrest very seriously, noting that she once phoned her probation officer to apologize when she arrived home two or three minutes late from an approved outing. Stewart has two TV shows planned for the fall season a one-hour daytime talk show "Martha" and a version of the NBC reality show "The Apprentice." She says her version of "The Apprentice" will be different than Donald Trump's and that she doesn't want to be portrayed as mean and harsh. She says she would never use Trump's catchphrase, "You're fired." "We are trying to come up with other ways to say it," she says. "For instance, if someone is from Idaho, I could say, `You're back in Boise for apple-picking time.'" A federal appeals court is considering Stewart's bid to overturn her conviction on charges that she lied about her sale of 3,928 shares of ImClone Systems stock in late 2001. Asked whether she owes anyone an apology, Stewart says she is sorry for the "chaos" her prosecution caused but suggests she is not personally to blame. "You can't be sorry for something that let's see, how can I say this? I'm on appeal. You don't appeal if you think that you should be sorry," she says. The magazine reports Stewart is in good spirits and hard at work renovating her Bedford home. She is allowed to leave Bedford 48 hours per week for work outings. She even laughs at a joke made by Jon Stewart of "The Daily Show" that she could make a shiv, or small blade, out of a lamb shank. "He was talking about me after I left, and I have to say Jon Stewart is even better looking in person than he is on TV," Stewart says. "I have such a crush on him." ___

EOnline.com A GOOD THING: Martha Stewart's how-to business manual, Martha's Rules, coming out from Rodale in October, just in time for her new Apprentice spinoff.

Page Six

OUT AND ABOUT AGAIN

Martha Stewart is still not letting a little thing like house arrest cramp her style.

The domestic diva was spotted by a Post reporter yesterday pampering herself at a tony Manhattan salon, in a weekend getaway that may have been a violation of her house-arrest rules.

The femme felon visited Eva Scrivo in the West Village at about 12:30 p.m., apparently to get a facial and nail treatment. Gaping stylists and other clients looked on in shock.

It's unclear if the denim-clad business queen's visit was work-related, and therefore permissible by parole officers' consent. It was also not know if she was wearing her mandatory electric anklet at the time.

The sighting comes after the Aug. 3 revelation that the 64-year-old domestic diva would be forced to extend her house arrest three more weeks in the wake of The Post's exclusive report that she possibly breached her parole two other times.

people.com

Martha Stewart can kick up her heels at last.

At 12:05 a.m. Thursday morning, she finally shed her irritating electronic ankle bracelet. With a smile on her face Wednesday, she said the prospect of losing the device filled her with "nervous excitement," the Associated Press reports.

The monitoring device, allowing authorities to track her every move, had been Stewart's cross to bear throughout more than five months of home confinement, including a three-week extension for violating an unspecified probation rule. (The New York Post reported that one purported violation was her attending a yoga class.)

In one Internet chat with fans, the domestic diva said: "I hope none of you ever has to wear one."

Stewart, 64, was sentenced last year to five months behind bars and five months of house arrest after she was convicted of lying to authorities about her 2001 sale of about 4,000 shares of ImClone Systems Inc. stock.

She will remain on probation for a year and a half, meaning among other things that she is not allowed to get drunk, own a gun or leave the federal court district (for her other homes in Connecticut, Maine and the Hamptons on Long Island, for example) without permission. She must meet with her probation officer whenever requested and submit monthly reports on her activities.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/enter...://news.yahoo...

Martha Stewart Pledges $5M to Hospital

By The Associated Press

After years of making doilies and desserts, Martha Stewart plans to

create something on a grander scale: a new facility at Mount Sinai

Hospital.

Stewart, to mark her mother's 91st birthday, pledged $5 million to

fund the creation of the Martha Stewart Center for Living at the

Manhattan hospital.

She announced the donation after whipping up a carrot cake for her

mother on the nationally syndicated "how to" series, "Martha."

Stewart's mother, Martha Kostyra, was in the audience when the

agreement was announced with Dr. Brent Ridge, who will head the new

center.

The facility will provide medical treatment and care, while operating

as a think tank to address problems facing the elderly.

"What we are really interested in is the art of aging gracefully and

well, and staying healthy as long as we can," said Stewart, who

recently completed her house arrest for lying to authorities about a

2001 stock sale.

(Yahoo.com)Stewart Gets Through Her 'Yale' ExperienceMon Sep 19, 9:13 PM ETMartha Stewart's euphemism for prison was to call it "Yale." She explained her coping mechanism in an appearance Monday on David Letterman's "Late Show" to promote her two new TV shows. The former convict said she accepted her five-month prison sentence for lying to authorities about a stock deal instead of waiting for the appeal because she wouldn't have been able to do her shows with the uncertainty. Stewart's new daytime talk show premiered last week and her prime-time role in "The Apprentice" begins Wednesday. While the prison experience was "pretty horrifying," Stewart said it taught her how strong she was. "I did not allow myself to get depressed," she said. "I did not allow myself to get down too much. I faced what I had to face. I lived through it, actually, with flying colors, if you can live through `Yale' with flying colors." Stewart said she can't remember her first day at the women's federal prison in Alderson, W.Va., at all. "I asked my fellow inmates a couple months later, I said, `How did I behave that first day?' because everyone was watching me," she said. "They said I was walking around in a daze." Stewart said she made many friends there. Her fellow inmates were mostly friendly, although she heard some remarks behind her back. There were no prison yard brawls although authorities were suspicious one day when she fell against a wall. "I slipped on some wet floor and I got a really bad black and blue mark on my arm," she said. She was called in by authorities who "wanted to know who I had been in a fight with," she said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexd?blogid=7

Martha Stewart Joins PETA Anti-Fur Campaign

Animal rights activists at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are

celebrating after recruiting lifestyle queen Martha Stewart to their cause.

The crafty TV personality has signed up to appear in a new PETA video, in

which she apologizes for being a one-time fur lover and now insists she'll

never do it again.

In the new video, Stewart says, "I used to wear real fur but, like many

others, I had a change of heart when I learned what actually happens to the

animals."

Her five-minute fur-trade expose, filmed on the set of her new TV talk show,

shows how animals are trapped, strangled, and electrocuted for their pelts.

Stewart's feelings towards fur changed earlier this year, when she responded

to a letter from PETA Vice President Dan Matthews while serving time in jail

for lying about stock sales.

Stewart insisted to Matthews that the fur she famously wore the day of her

sentencing was fake, and credited her daughter Alexis, who is a vegetarian,

with making her aware of animal issues.

Stewart is also calling on fans to send fur-wearing family and friends a

mission statement she has posted on her official Web site, which reads: "So

much violence in the world seems beyond our control, but this is one cruelty

we can stop by being informed consumers."

(Zap2it.com)Stewart's Freedom Poncho Sales Skyrocket(Wednesday, September 21 09:38 AM) LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Martha Stewart is celebrating life, liberty and the poncho of happiness.Sales for the hand-knit wrap modeled after the poncho Stewart wore upon her release from Alderson prison in March have become a triumph for the domestic diva. Within 48 hours of the poncho's reappearance on her NBC show "Martha," orders totaling more than $375,000 have sold on her website marthastewart.com. Profits from the sales will benefit families in need and Hurricane Katrina victims."The volume of sales that Martha Stewart has generated with these ponchos is unheard of in our business. She has set a new benchmark for television commerce," says Mike Fitzsimmons, CEO of Delivery Agent, the ecommerce enabler for the site. In a video clip on her site, Stewart says that part of the appeal is that the poncho -- which was made by a fellow inmate as a farewell gift -- looked "loose and free" and indicated that a "bad part of a life had gone away."The acrylic-blend poncho, with hints of alpaca and mohair, sells for $49.99, and comes in blue -- the color of Stewart's own freedom poncho -- and red. House arrest anklet not included.

(Yahoo.com)

Martha Stewart Gives Up Fur

Martha Stewart, who says she's given up fur, has made a video for PETA.

"I used to wear fur, but like many others, I had a change of heart when I learned what actually happens to the animals," Stewart says in the video.

The 5-minute video on the fur trade is narrated by Stewart and is available on PETA's Web site, http://www.peta.org.

"So much violence in the world seems beyond our control, but this is one cruelty we can stop by being informed consumers," she says.

Stewart's turnaround came this spring when she began communicating from jail by letter with Dan Mathews, the vice president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Stewart, 64, served five months in a West Virginia federal prison for lying about a 2001 stock sale. That was followed by nearly six months of house arrest, which concluded Sept. 1.

"The Apprentice: Martha Stewart" an offshoot of the Donald Trump reality series was to premiere Wednesday on NBC. Stewart also hosts the new syndicated morning show, "Martha."

(IMDB.COM)Stewart's Prison Bruise Gets Her Into TroubleAmerican lifestyle queen Martha Stewart found herself in trouble with jailers while she was serving her stock fraud sentence in West Virginia - for not reporting a bruise. Warders at Alderson Federal Prison Camp felt sure Stewart had been fighting with other inmates when they first saw the mark on her arm and she was called in to explain what had happened. She recalls, "One day I fell against the wall, I slipped on some wet floor and I got a really bad black and blue mark on my arm. You have to report any injuries, which I didn't know."

(Rush/Mulloy)Martha return boosts ad sales 'Desperate Housewives' star Marcia Cross appears on Martha Stewart's morning show premiere. Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia's flagship magazine, Martha Stewart Living, will carry 48% more ad pages in the third quarter than a year ago because the company's founder has returned, said CEO Susan Lyne."There is not a single category where we don't have advertisers coming back," Lyne said at the Goldman Sachs media conference here. The company recently closed its first issue in more than two years with 100 ad pages, she said.Martha Stewart, 64, is rehabilitating her image after serving five months in prison for lying about a stock sale and is again being featured on some of the magazine's covers.She also has a new daily TV show and a weekly program on NBC modeled on Donald Trump's "The Apprentice." Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, based in New York, also plans to boost sales with projects such as a radio channel on Sirius Satellite Radio, beginning Oct. 24, and a series of DVDs with titles such as "Thanksgiving 101" and "Homemade Christmas," Lyne said.A study commissioned earlier this year to gauge the strength of its brand found that 50 million women are Stewart "supporters," Lyne said.Shares of Martha Stewart Living, which slipped $1.81 to $27.05 yesterday, had increased 93% in the past 12 months.

(MSNBC.COM)Martha Stewart working on a third TV showHome-improvement program to feature women in crisis as participantsNORWALK, Conn. - Martha Stewart, already with two TV shows, is working on a third. Stewart's company, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, purchased a house in Norwalk last month that will be featured in a new home-improvement television show next year.The series, which has no name yet, is about a group of women who learn trades and help renovate the 125-year-old house.The 13-part series focuses on six women who are coming off welfare programs, recovering from bankruptcy or getting out of drug rehabilitation.Martha Stewart Living staff will choose mentors for the women."Our new home improvement series will inspire and inform, while mentoring and teaching valuable life skills, from repairing brickwork, laying flooring, painting rooms and installing a functional and lovely kitchen," Stewart said in a statement.The company bought the house, a 2,500-square-foot, white antique Colonial built about 1880, for $700,000, according to City Hall records.Stewart, 64, served five months behind bars and nearly six more months in home confinement after being convicted of lying to authorities about a stock deal.She has been free of her electronic ankle bracelet since Sept. 1, and has launched "Martha," a syndicated daytime show, and a prime-time NBC reality show, "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart."

(Pagesix.com)PREGNANT GOOF BY MARTHA FOR someone trying to improve her image, Martha Stewart just made a bad boo-boo. The domestic diva is having a baby shower-themed show for actress Jennifer Garner today complete with an audience of expectant mothers. The problem is, her staffers invited more mommies-to-be than they could accommodate. Loads of the infanticipating women were disappointed when they got calls yesterday afternoon telling them they were being dis-invited, due to "high turnout." While they were offered tickets to a future show, one future mom told PAGE SIX, "All ticket holders are pregnant and having babies soon, so another show is not practical." The urbanbaby.com message boards were buzzing with threats to boycott Stewart's products. "I turned down tickets to go to synagogue for Jewish high holidays for this taping," said one. "I've been subscribing to her magazine for more than 10 years, so this really stings," wrote another. After calls from The Post, Stewart's staff reinvited many of the women to watch the show from the green room. A rep for Stewart said, "This was an unfortunate incident. Thanks to PAGE SIX for bringing it to our attention."

(People.com)

Martha Readies Christmas Carol Collection

By Stephen M. Silverman

Another day, another announcement from Martha Stewart. The subject of the latest? Yuletide songs.

No, the domestic diva is not about to warble her version of "White Christmas," but her company has compiled a three-disc holiday collection to be released by Epic Records on Oct. 18, titled Martha Stewart Living Music: The Holiday Collection.

The $40 deluxe box set (individual CDs can be purchased for $17) will include 30 recipe cards, along with helpful decoration tips and creative craft ideas, according to a press release.

"Great music is an important part of living, especially during the holidays. Family activities such as gift wrapping, baking, cooking, and entertaining are enlivened with beautiful songs, traditional carols, fantastic vocalists, and famous musical renditions," Stewart, 64, said in a statement.

Among the selections on the 18-song"traditional" disc: "Silent Night" by Mariah Carey, "Winter Wonderland" by Aretha Franklin, "This Is Christmas" by Luther Vandross and "Silver Bells" by Martina McBride.

Other titles included...Jailhouse X-Mas, Mossie The Snowgirl...I Saw Mommy Visiting San Quentin...Silver Jails...We Three Queens of Cell Block D...Oh, Little Town of Sing-Sing...Away in Shawshank...Rudolph the Red Stained Stool Pigeon...All I want for Christmas is a Parole Hearing... :D

(NYDailynews.com)Martha pumpkin trip squashed Martha Stewart's on-again-off-again trip to a pumpkin festival in Nova Scotia was canceled completely yesterday, but this time only the weather was to blame.Stewart's flight was grounded at a Maine airport as heavy rains fell along the East Coast. "Certainly, everybody was a little bit disappointed," said Vanessa Roberts, a spokeswoman for the town of Windsor, where Stewart, 64, was supposed to participate in the annual "pumpkin regatta," racing across a river in a hollowed-out gourd.Canadian officials had initially refused Stewart entry into the country because of her conviction for lying about a stock sale, but they changed their minds last week.

(IMDB.COM)Stewart Losing Afternoon Audience, TooRatings for Martha Stewart's new daytime syndicated show fell again last week to a 1.6, about what her old show averaged a year ago. It had originally got off to an auspicious start three weeks ago but dropped in its second week by 15 percent, then an additional 6 percent last week. On the other hand, the new Tyra Banks Show has been showing steady audience increases and now virtually equals the audience for Martha in households and beats her among adults 18-49.